Discontinued Elo Vaporizer by Illimite Concept

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
It is not clear from what I am reading how much these off flavours are still affecting the use of elo

@Just Justin @Vape Dr. when hitting it empty at medium/high temp would you say you can sense clear silicon/plastic taste (even if not as strong as to induce vomit?)

Andreaerdna,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Well @Just Justin I'm following you again, order number 120! I followed you on the mivape also, I do like it but the Grasshoppper is still my go-to vape. It's really hard to beat that start up time. Where the GH is my go to vape, I was hoping the mivape (which I like in its one right, especially paired with a MF orbiter) would be my convection session vape, maybe it'll be elo! Either way $130 is a pretty small risk

Just Justin

Glad to hear your on-board @slcbdco! I hope you like the Elo as I do and I think you will.

I'm with you there @slcbdco, the miVape can be ok or even great at times but the Grasshopper is just always great, so fast and amazing. I can talk all day about the GH but its not perfectly perfect either and I really wish they come out with another mouthpiece for at home use or something that slightly longer with some extra cooling or filtering action, even though the stock GH mouthpiece is really fine and I don't use water and I rarely use the Silicone Guard. I really think that the miVape had soooo much more potential and it could be really amazing with some changes.

I feel like I've said all I can say on the silicone/plastic taste/smell of the Elo, but here I go again.

I have used the previous versions of Elo, the Pre-pre production Elo without anything in the chamber on temp. 374F and I did a full session of inhalations (10-12), again with nothing in the chamber and I thought it tasted pure and hot, BUT I DID sense some silicone and or plastic. I can't quantify how much but I can compare it to other vapes like the Flowermates, in particular the V8 which tasted pretty funky and the Elo is nothing like that and I did not taste electronics in that test or any session for that matter.There are two silicone seals that sandwich the Chip, one on top that seals the top of the Chip and holds part of the vapor path in place and the other is underneath the Chip, around the outside top of the Oven which creates a tight seal on the bottom and the Mouthpiece is Silicone, so your going to get some of that in the taste, at least in the beginning when its new and fresh but with use and washing, the taste goes away, almost completely and I don't notice it anymore. I'm not saying its 100% pure like say the Mighty but its damn close but opinions vary as you all see. NOW these are not facts, this is my opinion and I do my best job to be as accurate as possible, I would say that the taste is hardly worth mentioning but I'm sure someone is going to get a unit and taste silicone and jump all over me and that's fine, that's their opinion but for me, that taste is negligible and doesn't impair the true flavors of the herb enough to make much of a difference. Also, i was using a previous version of the Elo when I did that test, so with the Elo's now that everyone will be getting, the taste will be even better. But don't say that I didn't say that there is some slight silicone/plastic taste, especially when new. Hopefully everyone understands that vapes that use Silicone or Plastic in and around the heating/vapor/air path, they will have some taste. I really hope this helps and I hope its the last time I have to mention this. Please don't destroy me if your opinion varies from mine, I think the Elo tastes great!

I actually think I am being overly critical on the taste, I just washed my Elo parts, the vapor path and the 3 Silicone pieces and tried the unit with nothing in the Chamber with a brand new Chip and its really quite nice, doesn't taste like anything! Its getting better and better, less and less Silicone taste, its hardly noticeable except for the fact that the Mouthpiece is Silicone so you can sort-of taste that. I almost want to take back what I said because its really that good now! Again this is not a fact and I'm trying to be as accurate as possible but really, taste is subjective and this is only my opinion.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Very nice! Mine is still awaiting fulfillment - although I was slightly earlier preordering. Guess I'll be waiting longer anyways..different destination ;)
Let us know, when they hit your doorsteps, guys! :)

vapen00b,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Very nice! Mine is still awaiting fulfillment - although I was slightly earlier preordering. Guess I'll be waiting longer anyways..different destination ;)
Let us know, when they hit your doorsteps, guys! :)

My order also says awaiting fulfillment so I'd check spam email ...

slcbdco,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Hmmm, it does say it's location as of 2/2/2016 is Hong Kong. Hong Kong to California by end of day tomorrow? That seems optimistic.

Edit: Also I got this notice because I'm a myups member or whatever it's called. I get notified when ups is delivering things to my address, so ups told me not the shipper.

StormyPinkness,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I got nothing but think I've made up my mind and asked for a refund. Think I'm gonna wait on the FF2 instead.

Edit: well my mind was made up for me, when I sent the email requesting a refund, I got the "shipped" email 40 mins later. There is no way I am receiving this Thursday from Hong Kong, that's insane! They paid more in shipping than the vape is worth lol.

Last edited:

vapen00b

My order also says awaiting fulfillment so I'd check spam email ...
Did that before, of course. Thanks anyway! :)

Just checked regular inbox again - and there it was: shipping confirmation.
It's insane - should be here by the end of the day tomorrow. Lighning fast...unreal. This is crazy!

For now I can say my contact with Ken was nothing but great. Friendly, quick replies and a lot of effort in general...along with super-fast shipping (did not expect it before the end of the NEXT week) - could not ask for more. Let's hope the product itself joins this picture. :wave:

@smutman How come you where about to cancel? Coz of your vacation?

vapen00b

Just received a mail from Ken - for everyone wondering about the Chip and lid design:

Hi ,

I apologize for not making myself very clear about the current chip lid and the new design. the elo that is being sent will contain the current chip lid design ( 3pcs , 1 inside elo + 2 inside the chip case) . this design involves one additional procedure by placing a removable screen on top of your herbs. as you can see in the instruction booklet inside the package. this design works perfectly well with both full and half chip filled because you can press your herb down with your screen, and it is ok to press your herb down with the top screen slightly. (as long as you are not grinding your herbs very very very fine and you press it down so hard that it blocks the air pathway)

you can remove the herb inside the basket after your session by placing it upside down and pressing downwards through the screens ( no tooth picks are needed)

there is a new lid design attached in the package. you can replace the new lid design to your old chip design. However, you will have to cut one of your extra screens to slip it inside the new lid design.

thanks

Ken

Here's a video as well how to open the chip:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6JuYCj-N5IbNExRY1VnX0oxMFU/view?pref=2&pli=1

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
From Hong Kong to Alaska in -6 hours. That's fast.

Sunnydale, CA, United States 02/03/2016 7:07 A.M. Out For Delivery
Ontario, CA, United States 02/03/2016 1:39 A.M. Departure Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 02/02/2016 11:24 P.M. Import Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 02/02/2016 4:13 P.M. Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 02/02/2016 10:07 P.M. Departure Scan
Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong 02/02/2016 7:05 P.M. Pickup Scan
Hong Kong 02/02/2016 1:54 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

vapen00b

Interesting.. You guys n the US don't have any kind of customs clearance..?

vapen00b,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'm shocked honestly. Everything else I've ordered from China has taken 2+ weeks. This was... 1 day sort of.

Planet_Express_Ship.jpg

Kaptan

Okay so I'm expecting mine tomorrow. Can anyone that has received theirs today chime in on the Silicone debate?

Kaptan,
Reactions: vapen00b

Yoosh

Just received mine. The box doesn't smell and neither does the contents. I could 'smell' the silicone when up close but its neutral, not the robot fart i've smelled from other vapes. Love the packaging by the way. Not sure if I got the new chip style lid but I'll worry about it later.

Looking forward to trying this one out. I really like the heft and feel of it. The sliding doors seem practical too. If the chip system works out this will be ideal for on-the-go.

Anyone know how long it needs to charge for?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Doing a warm iso soak for an hour while I wait for it to charge and then 1 or 2 max temp dry runs.

Edit: Although with the auto-standby/shutoff I'm not sure how good of a dry run I can do. I'll just get it up to max temp a couple of times

Very cool.
rtnhh3.jpg

Last edited:

vapen00b

Reporting in, too:)
htobHZc.jpg

Had some issues with customs - but Ken is on this already. All I can say is, he is really caring and putting a lot of effort to CS... I feel good about this, hopefully all gets worked out.

Charging now - but won't be able to use it before late weekend.

First impressions:
-It has more plastic parts to it, than I thought...:\
-Will throughly be cleaning it before first use - there's some grease/spots underneath the silicone surrounding the chip.
-Plastic and silicone smell is noticable - I'm kind of sensitive in this regard
-The chip holding the ss container is plastic!!?? This one will definitely get hot I imagine.. as it's just around the oven. I totally would have thought this gotta be aluminum also, like the (outer shell of the) body... yes, it's only the outer shell. After disassembling the vapor path and removable pieces, I can say that it's plastic all the way. Gaskets are silicone, parts are metal/stainless steel, the rest is plastic in my view.
Hopefully my eyes are treating me bad right now... I thought this thing was more like an ESV build.
BUUT - I haven't tasted it yet - it's all just first looks and initial impressions. And I'm very cautious when it comes to plastics in vapes... so I'm critical. Gonna iso soak the parts later.

Cheers you guys!

EDIT:
Tried to get rid of the stains/marks... Rubbed gently with 99% ISO for quite a while. Tried to scratch lightly with fingernails too.. no success. Still looking like this.
EIKKkeJ.jpg

I def want this clean before using it. :(
Did iso bath all the pieces and gaskets. Seemed to help a little cure the rubbery smell - but still there and maybe coming back as the ISO evaporates off the surfaces. There were some tiny fibres stickin to the airpath tube and to one of the screens too. No big deal as they say clearly to clean everything before first time usage. Still doing a little overcharge to set the batt capacity highest.

EDIT EDIT:
I might be wrong about the Chip material. Not sure anymore if it's truly plastic. It's just so light..yet sturdy - could be aluminum.
Could some wiseguy shed some light? :)

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I only used it once or twice so this is my super early impression of it.

After the iso soak I didn't smell anything silicone off the parts. I did max temp dry run by just pulling on it every once in awhile without inhaling. I did get some silicone taste while it was empty. So far I've run 2 chips at I think it's 374 and 381. The vapor was very light, but the taste was great. I actually drooled a little the first time accidentally. I ran maybe 10 minutes and after the vapor/taste got much lighter I took it out to check the extraction. I was expecting it to not be that great based on the visible vapor but it looked really extracted to me. Maybe a few spots of green, but otherwise it looked pretty thorough to me. I think they recommend finely ground which mine definitely was not. The taste and I think great extraction are making me not worry about the light vapor at all. I did turn it up briefly above 381 and got more vapor. Also not harsh at all for me and zero draw resistance.

So I've got 2 negatives. Towards the end of the loads when it was really hot and the flower was spent I was getting a little bit of silicone taste. It was light and I will be very surprised if this doesn't go away soon though. Also I *think* the battery indicator was full when I was just starting a 3rd chip and it shut off. I actually thought it broke at first until I charged it a bit and it turned back on. It's entirely possible I just wasn't paying attention to the battery indicator.

I'm curious about the chip material too. That and some of the material around the oven seem like plastic. The sliding door and temp panel are definitely plastic, those don't bug me much. Overall though I've got a positive impression of it and I'm very curious what other people think. I definitely need to use it some more to get a better feel for it.

Top Bottom