Discontinued Elo Vaporizer by Illimite Concept

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well it's a bit ironic that I had to slow down on the Zion beta testing due to lack of time and I still end up testing yet another vape! But for some reason this one caught my attention... damn VAS, you know the game right?! :p

Haha indeed I do, that's how it often works. It's nice to see the Chinese companies attempt proper convection vaping now, and even nicer that they're using us to beta test as well!

Just Justin

@KeroZen glad to see you got a unit, I'm looking forward to hearing what other people have to say about Elo. I've certainly been pleased with it's performance and with the improvements coming, I think Elo will be a top portable vape for sure.

@KeroZen what temperature are you vaping at?

virtualpurple

This is great news! I loved the feedback that @Just Justin has been providing and I take comfort knowing that another FC brother in @KeroZen is in the mix. Having you two on this makes me feel good.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts when you're allowed to air them @KeroZen, I feel like our opinions have been similar with vapes in the past.

I am particularly interested I. This chip concept. I love easy loading and swapping in vapes!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
As requested by @Vape Dr. here are a couple size comparison pix. As you can see it's small but a bit thick. Definitely transportable and pocketable but hard to conceal in your palm unless you have large hands. Please note that the second picture shows the thickest side as it's asymmetrical:

ktHCssc.png

WXEWq2r.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mulehead

I'm not able to give you any review right now, not only because it's too soon but also because I agreed to hold down public disclosure in order to let them fix any issue I could spot. They seem to be very serious about making it right, and a lot of engineering and effort already went into their design.

I can just say that so far I'm positively impressed but my final verdict will greatly depend on whether they manage to implement said changes or not. But it will take some time to retool the molds, it's not a simple process.

Any updates Kero?
You still diggin yours @Just Justin?

Just Justin

Any updates Kero?
You still diggin yours @Just Justin?

Absolutely diggin the Elo! I use the Elo everyday and I love the Chip because I can have it packed for on the go use and its very efficient with any amount of herb. I have tried the Chip packed full to the rim tightly to just enough herb to cover the bottom screen and you get great vapor production and extractions every time. I get great vapor either way but definitely more visible vapor, more flavor when its packed more but I really like that you can do small amounts and just press the screen down tight and the herb stays put so you can bounce around all day and your Chip will be good to go the moment your ready for a vape.

I generally vape herb at 356f and 365F for best flavor and I am going to try concentrates with either a wick in the Chip or a steel mesh pad but I think Elo has the heat to do concentrates, I just have to rig up a system to try it because Illimite Concepts is still working on their concentrate Chip and / or Chip adapter. That's whats really nice about a removable chamber, you can have various herbs or materials ready to go and that can be swapped out depending on your situation. For a day out, I like to pack a Chip with a specific herb that's better suited for mornings, another Chip for afternoons and a third Chip for evenings to help with sleep and it works pretty great because you can carry one Chip in Elo and two spares in the Chip case which is generally enough for a full day of vaping for me.

So far I haven't had to clean anything and I just brush out the Chips after use and the unit stays super clean, another great advantage of a removable chamber. When cleaning comes, it's really easy because everything comes out of the unit and can be soaked in ISO or it's easy to reclaim residue on the vapor path if your into that.

I've started working on my review but it won't have much for a while until the revised edition comes out but until then I will be posting more new photos, some information and I'm working on some video as well.

Mulehead

I really like that you can do small amounts and just press the screen down tight and the herb stays put so you can bounce around all day and your Chip will be good to go the moment your ready for a vape.

Yes sir, seems to be a well thought out "bowl" design.
The adjustable size by simply pushing screen down.
The portability of the chips.
The larger footprint to expose more surface area of herbs to heated path, has to ease a balanced extraction.
Brush to clean.

I've started working on my review but it won't have much for a while until the revised edition comes out

Do you know what improvements to expect on revised edition?

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Has the "wide temp range" already been determined yet? What's the lowest/highest temp?
Thanks for all the nice info! :)

Just Justin

Yes sir, seems to be a well thought out "bowl" design.
The adjustable size by simply pushing screen down.
The portability of the chips.
The larger footprint to expose more surface area of herbs to heated path, has to ease a balanced extraction.
Brush to clean.

Do you know what improvements to expect on revised edition?

Yeah, you nailed it! I compare the chamber design to the Volcano/Plenty where the chamber is more shallow and wide rather than skinny and deep so it dose a better job efficiently extracting the active ingredients. More surface area for the hot air to pass through.

I will have pictures to better describe the revisions but they should be significant in taste if nothing else.

There are two main revisions:

1) They are moving the air intake/vent away from any electronics so it will now be directly below the oven so the air/vapor paths will be sealed from any electronics. It used to be on the other side of the oven (side with the LCD and buttons) which had a few wires passing through which wasn't a big deal but now it will be much more direct and isolated from any electronics!

2) They are reducing the amount of silicone in and around the heater to improve taste. This will not make the outside of the heater hotter to the touch.

Has the "wide temp range" already been determined yet? What's the lowest/highest temp?
Thanks for all the nice info! :)

Temperature Settings : 150 ~ 210 degree Celsius (adjustable by 5 degree)

Just Justin

Ah, so they gave you the green light to talk about the changes?

I don't think it was ever a secret. These changes will likely make a positive difference in the overall taste of the vapor but it's not like were talking about a whole new design or something. Most likely, no one would have known these changes were happening except for the testers but I think it's an important thing to share because it shows the evolution of Elo and that Illimite Concepts is taking their vaporizer seriously and that they are listening to testers and trying to create the best vaporizer that they can. I am confident that we are in good hands with Illimite Concepts and I believe that they just want to do things right. I hope I didn't spill the beans...............

Mulehead

I hope I didn't spill the beans...............

IMO this is the creative process.
I think that is one reason the vibe over in the Zion thread in the beginning was so positive. The communication was wide open with RBT, and everyone's ideas/concerns were kicked around. The product evolved as the thread did.
It would be nice to have more open relations with manufacturers and FC.

I think most FC members dig the creative process, thank you for sharing it.
FWIW I feel better knowing Illimite Concepts will go through design, and possible tooling changes to put out a safer product.

Now if they would just listen to us about removable batteries...:horse:

Just Justin

IMO this is the creative process.
I think that is one reason the vibe over in the Zion thread in the beginning was so positive. The communication was wide open with RBT, and everyone's ideas/concerns were kicked around. The product evolved as the thread did.
It would be nice to have more open relations with manufacturers and FC.

I think most FC members dig the creative process, thank you for sharing it.
FWIW I feel better knowing Illimite Concepts will go through design, and possible tooling changes to put out a safer product.

Now if they would just listen to us about removable batteries...:horse:

I totally agree and that's why I love FC. It's pretty sweet to see ideas and concerns brought up by users and then see the companies take those ideas and put them to action. As with Illimite Concepts, IMO their design has been solid from the start but something can always be improved upon so I'm super glad to see them working hard to make it better and safer. It's everyone's input, experience and unique perspectives that makes FC such a good resource for vaping and learning what works, what doesn't and what people want.

I really wish Elo had a removable battery or at least the ability to use it while charging but as it is, the battery life is decent, on par with most portables so I'm happy with it overall.

Just Justin

Oh no @smutman , The Elo is still alive, actually revived and better than ever! Just received the real Pre-Production Elo early this week and I am very happy with it so far.The new updates have made a noticeable difference in the vapor quality and the overall experience and it sounds like this is the final model that will be sold with the possible exception of some minor cosmetic changes.

Illimite Concepts is now using a new battery as well, so the battery life has also improved a bit and so far I'm 5 Chips in at 5 minutes each session, with temperatures from 356 F-383 F. Lots more to come and I will be posting some photos and videos very soon, hopefully this weekend, to show the final Elo package and contents/unboxing.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Oh no @smutman , The Elo is still alive, actually revived and better than ever! Just received the real Pre-Production Elo early this week and I am very happy with it so far.The new updates have made a noticeable difference in the vapor quality and the overall experience and it sounds like this is the final model that will be sold with the possible exception of some minor cosmetic changes.

Illimite Concepts is now using a new battery as well, so the battery life has also improved a bit and so far I'm 5 Chips in at 5 minutes each session, with temperatures from 356 F-383 F. Lots more to come and I will be posting some photos and videos very soon, hopefully this weekend, to show the final Elo package and contents/unboxing.
Sweeet, I am looking forward to buying this thing.

smutman,

Just Justin

It sounds like Illimite Concepts plans to start selling units beginning of this year and they will also have 10 packs of screens, chargers and Chip Cases for sale as well. I have been using the Elo everyday and it's a really fun, unique and efficient vaporizer to use. On this Elo I have been vaping at 374f and 383f and the vapor is very smooth, cool and flavorful. The vapor is what you make it so if you just want a little, take a short inhalation or if you want a bigger hit you need to take a longer, steady inhalation like most convection based vapes. It defiantly works better with a longer inhalation and you don't get the immediate punch in the face of vapor that you do with the Crafty/Mighty vapes because there is less conduction going on in the Elo so you have to pull the vapor out with your inhalation. There is really no draw resistance so you can really vary your speed / duration to get different concentrations of vapor. The Chips are also great, especially when you load them ahead of time and you just have to pop them in and it kind of reminds me of Nintendo cartridges or cassette tapes or something but I enjoy the deign very much. I'm still doing a lot of testing but I will have my review up soon with lots more photos............
elo-647.jpg

elo-590-edit.jpg
elo-600-edit.jpg
elo-602-edit.jpg
elo-606-edit.jpg
elo-603-edit.jpg
elo-657.jpg

Likes2vape

This vape looks very well thought out and designed. I like the "chip" and that everything is self contained! I also love the fact that its convection with no draw restriction!! I'll probably pick one up when it's released.

Vape Dr.

I have been enjoying the ELO for a week now. I really enjoy it.
I'm happy to say there's a lot of convection with the ELO. I would estimate 80% convection 20% conduction roughly.

I did modify my chips lid with an attached screen to make empty/filling the chips easier.
I start at 356F and end at 374F. The vapor and taste are very pleasant and cool.
Battery life is very acceptable and heat up time is rather quick.
Will be back with more info after I've used it a bit longer.

So far so good!:tup:

Just Justin

Yeah Vape Dr! Glad to hear you got a unit and I'm glad to hear you like it! I would totally agree with your convection/conduction percentages and I also agree that produces tasty and cool vapor. Looking forward to hearing more from you

Just Justin,
Reactions: Vape Dr.
Top Bottom