1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Eliquid mixed with kief in a vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by blais, Oct 26, 2012.

1. blais

blais Active Member

So I have recently been experimenting with using my ecig liquids that I ordered and never ended up using and some kief, powder and compressed, then mixing them around till they are combined.
    Before i started vaping I liked to put a small amount of tobacco at the bottom of my bowl in a bong, I know it may sound gross but where I'm from its rediculously popular. And i got super used to it.
    So I wanted to make some eliquid mixed with kief and then add it too some ground up herb in my ssv, to try to get somewhat the same results.
    first thoughts: the vapor clouds are rediculously thick and look alot more milky in a bong, but it did taste a little funny I used some french vanilla flavored e liquid so i think thats why it was tasting a little strange. and I didnt feel as much of the nicotine as I would have wanted to so I will have to play around some more with it
    I will post some photos and videos later but i just wanted to know if anyone else had messed around with this yet?
  2. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

Yeah, I tried it a bit once... its better to just make an actual glycerine tincture because when you put tricromes into the oil, the good stuff dissolves out of them and you are left with the physical tricromes floating about. When these get pulled into the atomizer they will burn and after a while your wick and atty will start `scabbing up` so to speak and it will be ruined.
  3. blais

blais Active Member

I'm using a table vape though, i have been using my ssv with herb at the bottom and then the kief/eliquid mixture at the top, I know there is a thread like this but it didnt answer really any questions and I really wanna get this working.
    Basically first try i took about 2 drops of 18 mg nicotine french vanilla e liquid and mixed about .5 of kief and it and stirred for a while and then let it sit, it turns into almost hash looking chunks and then thats what i end up putting in my ssv. Has anyone tried anything like this
  4. blais

blais Active Member

so I dont have to worry about an atty getting clogged, So are you saying when i put the kief into that eliquid im losing some of the trichomes? cuz i dont want that at all
  5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

No, the actual trichomes consist of the plant wax which holds the shape of the trichomes, and the actual cannabinoids are inside of the "capsule." The cannabinoids go out but the wax doesn't break down until it reaches a certain heat. It's not much of a bother when you'reusing an SSV, but Centi probably assumed you wanted to use an e-cig with your mixture. The only problem with that idea is that, like I said, the wax will clog up the atomizer and eventually ruin it.

I'd be careful with the juice if it's got any nic potency to it, though I figure you're used to it though since you mole your bowls. You from Canada/NZ/Aus, by chance?
  6. blais

blais Active Member

Alberta Canada hahaha yeah everyone around here calls them yotts but I used like honestly just a pinch of tobbacco at the bottom of a bowl almost as a screen, I just got hooked to the buzz for some reason and I'm always trying to achieve it with vaping lol. But another question, it shouldnt be dangerous at all to put that eliquid in a SSV right? Like I read abit and saw that PG if lit on fire releases toxic fumes which sorta scares me abit
  7. blais

blais Active Member

I got so many damn flavours of eliquid I have nothing to do with them and thats why im doing all this, like i litterally have about 11 30 ml bottles that are all almost full. I wish i could use them more but I dont know how, I got pretty bored of my E-cig it was giving me issues always bubbling and giving me gross tasting hoots.
    Tweek likes this.
  8. thefiddler

thefiddler Member

I recommend just doing it the same way as you did with the bowls before. I was a full time spliff smoker before I switched to vaping and I understand wanting to get a similar buzz to the on: (in my Solo stem) a little pinch of nice rolling tobacco, I use Stokkebye's Danish Export, and then just fill the rest of the bowl with shake or ground herbs or whatever you've got. For extra potency/vapor I like to crumble some finger hash in between the tobacco and the herbs. Always put the tobacco furthest from the heat source though to avoid burning, since it vaporizes at a lower temperature.
  9. thefiddler

thefiddler Member

Last post got messed up somehow, what I meant was: ...wanting to get a similar buzz to the one you're used to. My daily method is: (in my Solo stem) a little... etc.
  10. blais

blais Active Member

thanks man Ill try this
  11. illzen

illzen New Member

I went through a similar thought process... but as I sat pondering it, extreme q whip in one hand, e-cig in the other, I realised it's all completely unnecessary.

Just vape weed and vape ecigs at the same time. You look a bit silly using two devices at the same time, but you get exactly the right effect, with no extra fuss. One day I might attempt my own eliquid tincture, but really, what's the point?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors