Discontinued Elevape SV

KLo

No Ember
Copy that @DeltaGunner...the interactivity of the ESV is part of its charm; likening it to rollies, tobacco pipes. Suppose ESV falls into a sort of e-pipe contingent. It is prone to care and attention.

Incidentally, mine is functioning alright, albeit with fading battery levels. I took a week off to learn the curve of the FF2 (to disasterous ends, but that's another thread). Now, back with ESV and appreciate it even more.

Shouts to anyone that is privy to 2.0's firmware. Anybody with a side-by-side OG and 2.0 appwise? There were murmurings of upgrades earlier in the thread. @Gottawin, would be good to have a retrofit. BTW, what's that silver hexbit looking thing?

DeltaGunner

Proud owner of the first ESV 2.0
Shouts to anyone that is privy to 2.0's firmware. Anybody with a side-by-side OG and 2.0 appwise? There were murmurings of upgrades earlier in the thread.

This is what I have on my app. It's version 3.0.0, if you want I can try it with the old app as well.
yud7Gli.png

KLo

No Ember
This is what I have on my app. It's version 3.0.0, if you want I can try it with the old app as well.
yud7Gli.png

Looks pretty much the same as the old one. The one I'm running, versionless. I'm cool with it. Thought the new firmware might offer up some curious goodies. No need to get backwards compatible. You have the latest groovy jam :rockon:

HerbieVonVapster

Any other changes?
Still have the 8 second shutoff?
How's the battery life?

Look like new app no longer show temperature just numbers for settings.

HerbieVonVapster,

DeltaGunner

Any other changes?
Still have the 8 second shutoff?
How's the battery life?

Look like new app no longer show temperature just numbers for settings.
Yep, after 7-8 seconds it starts to blink and then shuts off, just like on the ESV OG. I get around 3 bowls on a battery until the battery charge is <25%, then I charge it in about an hour. But I do like to extract every little bit of goodies so I might take more pulls per bowl.

And regarding the settings instead of temps: I asked Bálint about it and he told me it was approx. 150-300° C on an empty chamber. With 30 steps that makes it about 5° C/step.

DeltaGunner,
Reactions: vapen00b

KLo

No Ember
ESV tolerates near instant reset. Other vapes with shut off may rehit within a second or two but heat climate can be harsher, dryer and with trace tastes, imo. It's good practice to hit vapes (any porty vape) a couple times, allow rest of batteries, then rehit. Speedy recovery with Elevape inter-hit compared to market cousins is :D

DeltaGunner

I can't comment on other vapes but after 2-3 hits on setting 10 it doesn't activate the light anymore. So I guess there's a maximum.

DeltaGunner,

RelaxedNow

Good Day, everyone!

I emailed Joe on Tuesday, Sept. 6, about a problem with my ESV, and haven't yet received a reply. It's not like him to take that long. Should I hound him, or is there a change of contact at ipuf?

EDIT: Joe has PM'd me. Apparently didn't receive my email.

Last edited:

DarkSm0ke

Hmm... thinking of pulling the trigger on this. I have a Fire Fly 2 already, and I like it but the only downside for me is not too much clouds compared to my Nano or Pax 2. How is the cloud production on the Elevape? I read where most love it, but some have had some big issues. I read like first couple pages of this thread, and last 6 pages or so. Seems like a good time to jump on the bandwagon since V2 is coming out. Anyone know how long the wait time is for the new model? Many thanks!

DarkSm0ke,
Reactions: vapen00b

DeltaGunner

Hmm... thinking of pulling the trigger on this. I have a Fire Fly 2 already, and I like it but the only downside for me is not too much clouds compared to my Nano or Pax 2. How is the cloud production on the Elevape? I read where most love it, but some have had some big issues. I read like first couple pages of this thread, and last 6 pages or so. Seems like a good time to jump on the bandwagon since V2 is coming out. Anyone know how long the wait time is for the new model? Many thanks!
Since I've already received my 2.0 I'm guessing it's already come out.

I get clouds on setting 14 with dry weed. But I don't see clouds on setting <12. Personally I don't think clouds are that important, taste is what I use to gauge if it works. But I'm a vape-noob so don't quote me on that.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

Yeah, I GUESS it's rather weeks than months to the official 2.0 launch. Feel we're pretty close now!:)

About clouds, you sure can draw some nice one's with it. But I too am more a flavor guy.. In the end, it all comes down to what material you put it.

I love my ESV. Still and intensely. Can't wait for the 2.0

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington

I pre-ordered my 2.0 August 10th, I contacted Joe September 7th and at that point he said they hoped they'd be getting them back from the lazer engraver at the beginning of the next week and then would be shipping them out right away. I'm having a pretty bad week, so this still not shipping is an extra bummer for me right now. I don't have the money to indulge in VAS, all I've got is a PAX and can't stand the hard draw on it so I'm combusting while I wait, and wait, and wait. I just hope that it works when it finally does get to me.

KLo

No Ember

You can get clouds, combust even with ESV on higher temps, but it's not the best use for the device. I'm with @DeltaGunner .. ESV is fantastic for flavor and overall extraction. Let's not forget the heady effects ! On a side note regarding FF2 .. There is a firmware update which has helped me out tremendously on the exhale

I pre-ordered my 2.0 August 10th, I contacted Joe September 7th and at that point he said they hoped they'd be getting them back from the lazer engraver at the beginning of the next week and then would be shipping them out right away. I'm having a pretty bad week, so this still not shipping is an extra bummer for me right now. I don't have the money to indulge in VAS, all I've got is a PAX and can't stand the hard draw on it so I'm combusting while I wait, and wait, and wait. I just hope that it works when it finally does get to me.

@kbrown5523 Hope the mail comes through for you. On the plus-side, "pulling the trigger" will get you a mightier unit than the first and, without doubt, a kinder, gentler vape than the other one you're working with. I have an Ascent backup that is for emergencies only and bums me out when I'm forced to use it. ESV 2 will brighten your mood for sure :) Look forward to that

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Too weird, I just got an email in my inbox saying my order is complete. No shipping details, but maybe my luck is changing! I sure can't wait to try it!

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I don't want to get in trouble for posting twice in a row, but I got my 2.0 today!! Just took my first cloudy, tasty, no wait hits and I couldn't be happier! It is everything that I hoped it would be. I just hope it keeps working this good and consistently. I don't have an OG so I can't give a comparison.

With the couple of other vapes I've used like the PAX it felt like such hard work just to get a little bit of vapor and I never felt the affects the way I already have off of a couple of hits on this.

I am normally a bong smoker. I like to take a big hit, put it down, wait a while and have another. I don't like to have to hard pull on a vape forever just to get wispy vape at best, and I don't like to have to vape a whole bowl in one session. Maybe once I'm off of combusting for awhile, I won't care about clouds, but for now I do and the 2.0 gives it to me. I can even feel the hit on my throat, not hot, but like I'm taking a hit. I've already gotten way more hits off one bowl with it than I ever would combusting.

Now I just need to get the app working with the unit. It's not seeing it.

mod note: If you can't edit your previous post then it is okay to post back-to-back. Thanks for your concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeltaGunner

I don't want to get in trouble for posting twice in a row, but I got my 2.0 today!! Just took my first cloudy, tasty, no wait hits and I couldn't be happier! It is everything that I hoped it would be. I just hope it keeps working this good and consistently. I don't have an OG so I can't give a comparison.
(...)
Now I just need to get the app working with the unit. It's not seeing it.

Congrats with your ESV 2.0! Are you using the newest app? You need the 3.0.0 release for the ESV 2.0.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Thanks so much vapen00b! That did it. I already loved it, now I'm getting it dialed in even better, I just can't believe how much I LOVE this vape. I can't say I have a lot of experience with other vapes, but this is soooo much better than the few others I've tried.

vapen00b

Glad to hear you're liking it so much! :)
Can't wait for my 2.0 to arrive.
I think, we should create an own thread for it - like the ff2 and pax2 etc.
If I had pics and reports to offer, I'd do it myself. Not in that position though, so maybe someone could contribute and create the "Elevape Smart 2.0" thread? :)

Gottawin

Copy that @DeltaGunner...the interactivity of the ESV is part of its charm; likening it to rollies, tobacco pipes. Suppose ESV falls into a sort of e-pipe contingent. It is prone to care and attention.

Incidentally, mine is functioning alright, albeit with fading battery levels. I took a week off to learn the curve of the FF2 (to disasterous ends, but that's another thread). Now, back with ESV and appreciate it even more.

Shouts to anyone that is privy to 2.0's firmware. Anybody with a side-by-side OG and 2.0 appwise? There were murmurings of upgrades earlier in the thread. @Gottawin, would be good to have a retrofit. BTW, what's that silver hexbit looking thing?
Hi Klo,
Sorry for the delay (been a little busy).. The silver item is a old Ronson torch lighter.. :)

Gottawin,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I got a used Elevape 1.0 today. I was led to believe it was a 2.0, so I was pretty pissed, but I thought I might as well try it.

I charged it for a couple of hours and I have to say, the Elevape is an amazing portable. OK...so its boxy shape and design are NOT sexy. But is has absolutely instant, on demand convection heating. Very cool and tasty vapor. No cooking herbs between hits. Efficient and extracts thoroughly. This is the portable I've been looking for for years. Why isn't the Elevape more popular? :hmm:

Long story short, I may end up keeping it spite of it not being a 2.0, since it was such a good price. If not, I may sell it or give it away. I can just imagine what a beast the Elevape 2.0 must be!

Last edited:

vapen00b

I got a used Elevape 1.0 today. I was led to believe it was a 2.0, so I was pretty pissed, but I thought I might as well try it.

I charged it for a couple of hours and I have to say, the Elevape is an amazing portable. OK...so its boxy shape and design are NOT sexy. But is has absolutely instant, on demand convection heating. Very cool and tasty vapor. No cooking herbs between hits. Efficient and extracts thoroughly. This is the portable I've been looking for for years. Why isn't the Elevape more popular? :hmm:

Long story short, I may end up keeping it spite of it not being a 2.0, since it was such a good price. If not, I may sell it or give it away. I can just imagine what a beast the Elevape 2.0 must be!

Oh, bummer to hear you were mislead.... But glad to hear you're likin it anyway. I think it's wonderful too and share your question. It's completely underrated but quite some of our very own full convection connoisseurs love it for its strengths.
Hope to see you around here or at the 2.0 thread. Enjoy your cool and smooth god-so-tasty instant convection hits! :brow::drool:

Top Bottom