• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Elevape SV

speedyg

The replacement screens that I received appear to be made of stainless steel, a bit heavier and coarser than the original brass screen. The edges on the rep screens are less prone to fraying. I'm also less aggressive with the brush than before with the original screen. Simple to clean with a quick iso bath of the cap/screen and gentle brushing.

Vegas haze

but my momma said
Well boys and girls, I gotta say that never in my life received such prompt customer service for any product in my life, other than the Firefly. I'd give them both an A+.

Unfortunately, my idiocy and shaky hands were unable to fix this particular problem, so it's time for new heating coils! My hands have gotten so bad that I could barely even unscrew the coil... guh. I'll probably have to have a friend screw in a new one for me... :cry:

I think most other people could have fixed this issue themselves.

I don't think I realized until my mini-freakout today just how fond I've grown of the ESV - or how dependent on it I've become already. Am very relieved I'll only be a few days without it! :clap:

If you've got more coils on the way then use that coil to get acquainted with them. Don't be afraid to bend it, i've bent mine pretty good. It can be tricky to figure out exactly where and how hard to push but it can be done. The coil doesn't have to be perfectly level either, you can take the 2 wraps of the coil that look like they are touching each other and press the outer one down slightly. You might still be able to get that coil to work.

I've had the new screens for over a month now and i'm using a quick iso dip and the nylon side of a golf brush, which is pretty stiff, to clean and there is no fraying what so ever. They stay clean longer and are easier to clean = win win

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Just wanted to pop in with a update. Had to send my unit in for repair last week and ended up being one of the best customer service I ever received.

It took just 7 days from the time I dropped it off was fixed and had it back in my hands.

Still loving this unit the instant heat and excellent flavored hits on demand. For someone like me that has a medical need for relief, waiting a couple mins for something to heat up at 4am is just agonizing.

Thank you elevape for the great product and excellent customer service.

speedyg

Repositioned the heat coil to center it under the screen for more even heat distribution. Did this by loosening both post screws and gently moving the coil over. End result is more consistent performance. Still need to stir but not as much.

andygut

This vape almost seems perfect for me. I only wish more users would post on this thread. The only thing that concerns me is the stirring and possibly the cleaning? Someone please justify this purchase for me. I'm thinking about selling my pax and ascent to get this. And keeping my solo until I get the crafty.

andygut,
Reactions: tripwire

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Repositioned the heat coil to center it under the screen for more even heat distribution. Did this by loosening both post screws and gently moving the coil over. End result is more consistent performance. Still need to stir but not as much.

Pictures? Unsure I really trust myself to play with moving the coil....

This vape almost seems perfect for me. I only wish more users would post on this thread. The only thing that concerns me is the stirring and possibly the cleaning? Someone please justify this purchase for me. I'm thinking about selling my pax and ascent to get this. And keeping my solo until I get the crafty.

Can't sugarcoat it for me, the stirring is a necessary evil. But they are working to resolve the issue, which is something that makes the Elevape so great: rolling upgrades. Also it will depend on your particular use, as some don't find they need to stir as often as others on here. There can be a lot of individual variables in the ways each person uses the Elevape

Also the modularity of the body not only makes it easier to upgrade parts of it (also via software), but it also makes cleaning pretty easy. It all comes apart and can be scrubbed down or soaked with iso. In my use I personally don't even need to clean it often (aside from the lid screen), the only times i ever really clean it is when I accidentally combust. which can be avoided by the way, I just have some variance in the way I draw, and sometimes I don't pay attention to what I'm doing after back to back bowls.... Blessing and a curse with the Elevape's strong hits!

I think if you already have a Solo to keep you going no matter what, then its definitely worth trading the ascent and pax for, the pure convection hits really can't be matched by those units' primary conduction. And it is usually much more efficient as well, those two vapes can be herb hogs...

I know @HerbieVonVapster is enjoying his new Crafty as a compliment to his Elevape as well, which is the pairing you would like ultimately yes?

andygut

I know @HerbieVonVapster is enjoying his new Crafty as a compliment to his Elevape as well, which is the pairing you would like ultimately yes?

yes ultimately that is what I would like. A discrete vape that I can pick up and put down without wasting material. (elevape)

and the crafty to replace my solo for when I want to enjoy a session :)

Last edited by a moderator:

speedyg

Didn't take any pics when I moved the coil but it is really simple. It may not even be necessary if your coil is already centered under the bowl screen. Mine was a bit off center. You will need a very small screw driver to loosen the post screws to reposition the coil, then very gently nudge the coil over then retighten the screws.

I have several vape units (PAX, FV, T vape, FM, and Hammer). The ESV is my favorite because it is stealthy and provides on demand vapor. For this, I'll tolerate stirring and cap screen cleaning. Good to hear that they are working on solutions to minimize the need to stir.

andygut

has anyone purchased one from Rakuten.com? and if so what was your experience like purchasing from them?

andygut,

vapecat

Mine is on the way to the Euro distributor in Hungary at the moment after a little delay in getting it in the post, to hopefully get it's battery fixed. I'm missing it quite a lot. I'm using a Solo and bubbler in the meantime and I'm really not enjoying it as much as I do the Elevape, the difference in vapour quality is huge in my opinion. I have a Pax too but hate it. I have an MFLB+PA which I like, but haven't had it out for a while. But after getting used to the Elevape, I don't think that will be the same either. Hope it's not too long before my ESV is back with me, and if it works on the battery as well as it was doing with the USB connected, then I'll be really happy and don't think I'll look for another vaporizer for a while. But I'm sure the VAS will build up and kick in again in the future ;)

Is there any news on how the ESV is going to connect to smartphones as advertised? I'm really hoping that there is a secret bluetooth chip inside that is yet to be revealed. That would be amazing. I'm using a Fitbit Flex at the moment, which is an activity tracker you wear on your wrist and it connects to your phone to give you all kinds of stats on the walking you've done and more. I'm dreaming of a similar thing coming out for the ESV with puff counter, battery info, ability to change temps and more things I can't even dream up! However I can't help but think that if there was bluetooth inside, it would be an advertised feature. But I can't see how it's going to work any other way, a custom lightning cable for iPhone seems a bit unlikely to me, but who knows!

HerbieVonVapster

Well still in the honeymoon with the crafty. I can say it won't be replacing my elevape, more joining into the daily rotation. The instant on demand hits higher temperatures has me really sold on my elevape.
I would get it. Heck might find yourself using a lot less and that can help fund the crafty :)

Stirring yes is a pain but there working on a fix for that. Cleaning is easy. Sadly I think the price turned off a few buyers. If this unit had more reviews and a better website I feel more folks wouldn't be missing out on this vaporizer.

vapecat

Wow, just looked into the Crafty after seeing it mentioned here, and surprised to see they're already doing the smartphone app!

vapecat,

andygut

Well still in the honeymoon with the crafty. I can say it won't be replacing my elevape, more joining into the daily rotation. The instant on demand hits higher temperatures has me really sold on my elevape.
I would get it. Heck might find yourself using a lot less and that can help fund the crafty :)

Stirring yes is a pain but there working on a fix for that. Cleaning is easy. Sadly I think the price turned off a few buyers. If this unit had more reviews and a better website I feel more folks wouldn't be missing out on this vaporizer.

I agree.. 410 max temp for the crafty doesn't cut it. I end up dumping whatever is left in my solo into my herbalizer to get every bit of vapor I can. I'm sure i'll be doing the same whenever I do get the crafty..

how could they fix the stirring issue with the elevape? I don't know if they will create a new lid or come out with an updated version?

cant wait to have both the elevape and crafty!! those will probably be the only one I use until I learn how to make wax and oil and such

andygut,

Belgianvapor

I find the elevape such an amazing vaporizer that every time I visit this thread, I'm shocked that not more
people already have this unit.
It totally changed my way of vaping in a big way.
First, my consumation reduced drastically, I typically load less than 0.1 gram, wich can medicate
me and my wife very well en still leave enough for a second round. It's amazing how hard the elevape
can hit. Then again, the feeling goes away faster compared to the solo for instance.

Second, the way you vaporize can/will change alot just because of the instant vapor.
There is virtually no moment or place anymore where I can't medicate.
3-4 8 second inhales can mess me up pretty good, so that's under 40 seconds from start.
When going out for diner to a restaurant, my wife and I medicate while parking the car...

Besides a solution for the stirring and the easy clogging of the lid screen, wich could never bother
me enough to not like the SV, I would love to see a way to put the mouthpiece away inside the vaporizer.

The SV makes it hard for me not to be a fan boy.

chillersnov8p

Yea I'm hooked on how easy it is to grab a pull. I know waiting a minute for a vape to heat up is no big deal but I'd prefer instantaneous. My uneducated opinion is the crafty is using conduction around the perimeter of the bowl to eliminate the need for stirring with a convection vape. Also feel like the elevape really conserves material. Haven't heard how the crafty measures up.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
And, again, I shared the Elevape SV with someone at the MMJ Farmers' Market, and they were impressed.

I am sorry I don't post a lot on this thread, but the thing just works. I am getting way lazy with the cleaning, too, as just a good scrape/blow works for me. I'm stirring less, with a slightly fuller load, and that's working pretty well, too.

ESV works for me.

Sacrifus

I really feel the Elevape SV is the most underated vape out there.
Instant heat up means you aren't wasting anything!
Almost every other vape takes time to heat up,
and keeps on heating even when you are not hitting it.

When I'm on the go, it never has to leave my pocket for more than a few seconds.
I have a Solo, PNP and the Elevape. While I love rotating every now and then, I just love the instant on too much. It's also much smaller than a Firefly and the metal construction makes it easy to clean and fun to take apart.

EveryDayAmnesiac

Well, my little cubbies, Papa Bear ended up having to send his ESV in for a little "reprogramming" or some shit that's beyond my comprehension ... and it is SO nice to have it back.

Mailed it on Monday the 20th, and it was back to me on Tuesday, the 28th. Not too shabby, from shit coast to west coast and back to shit coast. God I fucking hate the East Coast. It's fucking shit.

ANYWAY, I feel the need to mention that ESV's customer service has been great. Twice, they've answered me on Saturday evenings, and once on a Sunday afternoon. Like, within an hour. That's some dedication there.

It somehow feels a little more powerful now. Maybe it's because I've been using the Solo a lot lately, but damn, even on level 1, that heater can pump out some damn vapor. How hard are y'all pulling on yours and on what settings?

Oh, and guess what. I can see green now! :clap:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good to hear EDA!

I'm still using 3,8,13 as my levels, using 8 most often. I usually do a quick 1-3sec primer puff, and then take a deep breath with quick inhale for the 8sec hit, though I have some variance in the way I draw (which is also why I keep the temps low), so if I feel like im pulling too fast on 3 or 8 and not getting much vapor, I slow my role ever so slightly so I can feel the clouds a coming

mephisto

Got my Elevape back from the vape dr. very quickly. While it seems to function suitably, the battery life absolutely blows! I am being patient while the smartvape tries to become reliable enough for a daily driver. I carry a power pack with me in the truck, but I should hope that 1-2 sessions and then a day or two of rest does not result in a dead battery.

chillersnov8p

That doesn't seem right. Our batteries have a one year warrantee and I would think the above would justify replacing it. Was the reason you sent it in related to the battery?

chillersnov8p,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I'm afraid Papa Bear has a new problem.

Now, whenever I'm sober enough to show up at work, all the other fucking employees want to use my "box" when they go on break.

And of course, they'll pack it "next time." Fucking deadbeats. Get your own. :cuss:

Surprisingly, they seem to hit it better than I do. Their lack of understanding of how "weak" portable vaporizers can be seems to enable them to pull on it like it's a pipe and get perfect mini clouds. I'm the only one who's ever combusted or singed any material with it. :shrug:

I'm still learning with the ESV, but I'm liking the journey. So much fucking potential with this little guy... And I love how it seems like any improvements can be updated into units. S & B seem to be utilizing this as well, and I hope it continues...

I did have the little silver retainer underneath the bottom bowl screen fall out. Don't know how it happened, since it's screwed in, but I'm guessing I must have been too rough when switching out those screens. Something worth considering.

Customer service sent me a new one with a tool to more easily screw it in, so no big deal. And the ESV works without the retainer, you just have to be more gentle when stirring so that the screen stays in place.

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
Top Bottom