• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Elevape SV

°k

The sound of vapor
Hi guys and thanks for the good vibes, sorry I've been away for a few days and didn't really have time to evaluate my SV.

@Ipuffusa thanks for the reply. So I've been following your advice and charged it which worked but the reason I was confused was that it was showing the battery being at 70% charged when the vape refused to heat up. Once at 100% according to the app (I'm color blind and have problems making the difference between the orange and green light) I've unplugged it and was able to vaporize. Today I went again to the point where it stopped heating up, checked the battery level on the app and it was showing at 70% again.
Maybe I don't have the latest firmare/app version? Is there any way to figure it out?

Note: I'm thinking that it'd be a good thing if the light could blink while charging and would remain still once full, that way people like me could charge their SV with a simple charger instead on having to rely on an app. Also some sort of "notification" once the battery is down would be good as well. Maybe you have that in your plans for your future updates?

To my fellow SV users:
So I haven't used it much but I'm getting trouble vaping efficiently, I get a very uneven AVB, going from light yellow/brown to black :(, and that's with stirring quite often. The temp settings I use are 7/11/15 (although since I can get black material at 7 I hardly use it at 11 and never at 15). I've tried pulling slowly as well as hard, using from .05 to .12g loose and packed.

It's my 2nd vape ever and my 1st convection one and I'm not sure how I should proceed and what I should expect apart from not combusting so I'd love hearing from you about the technique you're using and for what result, thanks. :)

°k

The sound of vapor
I pack pretty damn tightly, and pull as hard as the vape will let me. Fat clouds and about 3-4 stirs for a very evenly extracted dark dark brown abv. I plan to shoot a session video this weekend with it... Finally
@sasNW Thanks for the quick answer! How much do you put in it and would you be able to roughly say how many draws you take with your 6/12/18 settings please?
Also when drawing as hard as you can do you stop once it's blinking or do you continue? I think it's when I continue pulling that I get some combustion.

DogBoy

know fear
...so maybe this device isn't a Pax killer...

...the combustion issues are the only real gripe I have with Pax and it seems I will not evade them here...

DogBoy,

sasNW

@sasNW Thanks for the quick answer! How much do you put in it and would you be able to roughly say how many draws you take with your 6/12/18 settings please?
Also when drawing as hard as you can do you stop once it's blinking or do you continue? I think it's when I continue pulling that I get some combustion.

I actually just documented a whole session the other night, just incase anyone was curious. I will have to weigh out a fully packed bowl tonight though since I forgot to do that before. I'd guess .15-.2 grams

This whole session was done on level 19, I just realized my top was 19 not 18
Starting product-
6RfY6O3.jpg

3 fat delicious clouds then first stir-
73ZfMxE.jpg

3 more good tasting clouds followed by a second stir-
TiuHGIe.jpg

3 more smaller clouds with full popcorn taste setting in followed by the 3rd stir. Got 2 more whispy hits out of it followed by a 4th stir. Then Took my final 2 hits to fully extract my meds

So 14 hits total, 4 stirs, 8 fat clouds with 3 solid clouds, and 3 whispy hits=

I1maQAJ.jpg

Full extraction

Last edited:

sasNW

@natural farmer That must be from my shitty camera phone or something. I don't combust and certainly didn't in that bowl. There is no chance I could take a hit after combustion, I assure you that's just full extraction. I actually Haven't had it combust since the first week.

The bottom of the bowl is a very fine screen and only the tiniest of dust can fall through to the coil/sensor. I have to brush it off about once a week which takes 2 minutes.

Edit- easier to see with light on?
gCLeKhZ.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
...so maybe this device isn't a Pax killer...

...the combustion issues are the only real gripe I have with Pax and it seems I will not evade them here...

The software would seem to be able to be set to prevent accidental combustion.

grokit,

natural farmer

@natural farmer That must be from my shitty camera phone or something. I don't combust and certainly didn't in that bowl. There is no chance I could take a hit after combustion, I assure you that's just full extraction. I actually Haven't had it combust since the first week.

The bottom of the bowl is a very fine screen and only the tiniest of dust can fall through to the coil/sensor. I have to brush it off about once a week which takes 2 minutes.

Edit- easier to see with light on?
gCLeKhZ.jpg
Maybe a little better! ;)

Although blackened doesn't mean burnt... Just over cooked! :) If you say it's dark brown then I like it!

sasNW

Burnt? No. Overdone?possibly a bit:D But that's by my choice. Certainly helps with the arthritis though! I prefer to cook the hell out of my meds for pain killing purposes

Haha I think @natural farmer just reminded me why I did bump it down to 18;)

Last edited:

°k

The sound of vapor
Burnt? No. Overdone?possibly:DCertainly helps with the arthritis though!

Haha I think @natural farmer just reminded me why I did bump it down to 18;)
Well that's the same black bits I was talking about in my avb, how can you be sure that there wasn't any combustion (honest question as I'm not sure about my own results)? Also I get those black bits at 7 myself...

°k,
Reactions: sasNW

sasNW

Lol I promise that's from the pic:ninja:

Really though, it is a very dark chocolate color the whole way through with a few lighter specs. Not unlike the abv from my ss solo. I can tell combustion just by the taste, I can always taste the transition from popcorn to nasty bitter combustion before it actually combusts. Just comes with experience, been growing for 5+years and smoking/vaping for a long time before that. You'll get the hang of it before long:tup:

Edit- you can always tell by looking at the load when it's done up close. Burnt material is easy to spot in both looks (full char black) and that toasted consistency (ashy)

sasNW

@sasNW another question good sir, do you ever get the battery shown as below 30% on the app?

No sir, I think mine actually dies at about 40%. It seems that with every update it gets closer to dying at 0% though haha maybe this upcoming one will finally achieve that.

sasNW,
Reactions: °k

DogBoy

know fear
...have any of youse looked at your avb under a scope...???...

....the pictures are not making me want to dump the Pax...

...methinks you will see a good bit of scortching and some unvaped bits as well...

...I guess it is not as bad as the Atmos Raw I compared the Pax to but it does cause me to question whether we are truly vaping with these small devices...

...thanks for posting those pictures...!!!...

DogBoy,

sasNW

...have any of youse looked at your avb under a scope...???...

....the pictures are not making me want to dump the Pax...

...methinks you will see a good bit of scortching and some unvaped bits as well...

...I guess it is not as bad as the Atmos Raw I compared the Pax to but it does cause me to question whether we are truly vaping with these small devices...

...thanks for posting those pictures...!!!...

Lol:rofl:

To compare this to an atmos is an absolute joke. I've used the pax well over 100 times, the solo, pnp, firefly, atmos, da Vinci, cloud+, extreme q and the list goes on. Also grown my own meds for over 5 years. But If you think you can tell better on a phone pic then I can with my 2 eyes be my guest. :tup: I am pretty sure I can tell the difference between charring/combusting and vaping :lol: Like I said, a few lighter colored vaped abv, and the rest a perfect dark chocolate for my pain killing. And this thing destroys a pax and every other portable I listed IMO.

I'm going to go VAPE a few bowls out of the best portable on the market, enjoy your pax:D

Am I going to have to bust out a camera to stop this worry about charring?

Belgianvapor

hi guys,
I recieved my elevape today and after the first charge (didn't take 5 hours before the light turned green and the app said 100%) I fired it up.
I have it from today so I don't have much play time with it but this thing is really awesome.
It's vapor from the first seconds from the first draw, no matter when.
Taste is ok for me, I have a few vapes in my collection that give better taste but it's not bad
at all. No burnt pieces or black pieces yet, I have the settings at 1) 10 2) 15 3) 20
The vapor is cold when inhaling, wich at first made me believe the unit didn't work, untill I blew out
a big cloud. I had a similar feeling with the cera (because of the awesome mouthpiece)
I see myself going to vape more because it's so easy and fast and fun.
I know of a few fc members here who would really benefit from this device, because they sometimes need
instant vapor due to pain etc...this vape really does exactly that.
This little device is going to open alot of doors for some quick 007 vaping.
When I fill it up and tamp a little, so max filling I guess, it's a bit less than what I put in my
bent solo stem, about half the pax oven, not tamped down and a big 2/3th of a pinnacle bullet.
Auto shut down was timed at 6 seconds when it started flashing and 7.5 sec when it turned off.
While I was typing this I was playing with the temp settings and now I have 1) 14 2) 20 3) 29 and it works great

*edit*
I played some more with the elevape and found that a firmer pack (the above mentioned amount) gives more uneven browning and even black pieces (not burned) (and you get less vapor)
I now use one spoon of the pipe tool (avarage mflb load)
Also, you get good vapor from the first puf but after a few pufs you go away and you come back later that day, you need to "prime" the load a bit, like what you do with the cera to get good vapor going again, only, this isn't the same as with the cera, just a few 8 second puffs will do the job.
Also, the smaller load will make it possible of "stirring" while turning the elevape over a few times.
Meanwhile I can tell you this for sure, taste is not bad at all but I would not recommend you this vape if flavor is your first concern.

Last edited:

sasNW

Not for me.. :)

So, compared to the Firefly, would you say it bakes the load more uniformly?

Thank you NF:)
So This is another category that depends on a few things. At low temps the SV outdoes the stock firefly in extraction. But once you start adding screens like everyone suggests on the firefly or bump up the SV above level 12 the firefly wins in extraction. Keep in mind it is with less herb in the firefly when you add extra screens though.

Here's my opinion on the firefly vs SV-

Firefly- better taste, no way around that. Extraction, it has the edge in most situations. But as you can tell by my extraction pics (yes the one that everyone seems to hate:ko:) I am a high temp vaper (believe it or not I am happy with the near black/brown, in fact that's what I aim for), and the firefly cannot satisfy my medical needs. I should also add that if you want you can draw out a session longer then I posted above, I just wanted to show how quick I could get through a full load

SV- stealthier, faster!(I can mouth puff on the SV like a cigar and it produces vapor:D), bigger oven, far far better battery life, adjustable, bulletproof, less messy, smaller.

I am a true medical patient and I can honestly say in all my years growing and meeting patients that this is the single best device I've come across for pain patients.

So if you are a flavor hunter, it's firefly all the way. But If you need to get vaked RIGHT NOW then the SV is the champ hands down. I can safely say I have zero interest in another portable, this fills my needs to kill pain walking down a busy street, or behind my truck at work real fast, or wherever the hell I have 10 seconds to spare:love:

I realize my opinion on vapes doesn't go far with most people on the forum, but tomorrow I will be sharing my SV with a more respected FC member @Enchantre !!! And she can call me out if I'm simply full of shit :lol:

And to put a little more faith in this vape, and hopefully that I'm not just some jackass:D I've got a $5 spot saying @°k will post back saying he has a nice even abv with zero black spots in the next day(if he's on haha).
@°k will you do me a favor?pack a fully packed bowl, bump the level down 1 setting where you are getting char, and inhale as fast as the vape will let you:nod: A faster inhale is going to be key here

I've got $5 on it saying he posts back and is very happy with the results.... Takers?:)

Last edited:

sasNW

I'd also like to add something I just noticed. I have both the plastic and aluminum mouthpieces. While I liked the thought of all metal, the plastic mouthpiece actually has a far larger hole in it for airflow. It also fits in the SV perfectly while the metal is just a tiny bit smaller and can wobble.

I would suggest either asking for the aluminum mouthpieces to get bored out larger, or to just get the plastic tip for max airflow. I'm switching back to plastic and liking it more, the added airflow is helping to better extraction again. I noticed a drop on extraction when using he metal mouthpiece. Could just be me though:2c:

DogBoy

know fear
...so you are saying the black, charred looking stuff isn't burnt...

...the cool hit mentioned has certainly caught my interest...

...cool and hit don't seem to go together with Pax...

...features aside, is the vapor quality of the SV noticeably better than Pax...???...

DogBoy,

sasNW

...so you are saying the black, charred looking stuff isn't burnt...

...the cool hit mentioned has certainly caught my interest...

...cool and hit don't seem to go together with Pax...

...features aside, is the vapor quality of the SV noticeably better than Pax...???...

No sir nothing is burnt. It's a very very dark brown similar to how I finished my old solo at level 7. It must be the crappy camera phone but it is undoubtedly fully vaped bud. I guess I just take it a bit further then most:D

The vapor difference is night and day between this and the pax ime. Even at the level to achieve that pic above there was little to no throat irritation. Where as pax at level 3 can choke me out for sure.

I discovered one more interesting thing today when I was cleaning the SV. I had the coil fully exposed and blew air into the USB port and what do you know, the coil turned on. So with the top off you can see the difference in the three settings, and it's substantial.

In doing this I discovered that it does not cool down as fast as it heats up. Only 1-2 seconds, but on a high enough level if you flipped it so the bud was on top it could explain some users uneven abv. I highly suggest clearing it for a full second or two while the auto shutoff is blinking. Just to take full advantage of convection and to not let heat touch the bud unless you're inhaling period. :science:

Last edited:

Belgianvapor

I came to the edge of combusting today.
I tested with a nearly full load finely ground material.
I used the mflb finishing grinder, so close to powder.
A tight pack or a fine grind could lead to combusting I think.
This was on setting 28 so close to hottest setting but I haven't
been able to combust with a normal grind an mflb load.

About the battery, I haven't tested it yet but if I can believe the
app, I am at about 90 procent after at least 20 pulls on different
temps, not all in a row.

*edit* it cleans easy between sessions but if you use it alot, you might
have to clean it daily, wich means at least 10 minutes to get everything
open, clean and back closed again, but it's actually fun to do, like an old
mecano box if you're old enough to know what that was ;)

webnomad

For the past few months I’ve been eagerly waiting for the moment I’d be back to vaping again. Yesterday I received my SV, and today I finally had my much anticipated long vaping session. It did not disappoint. Definitely more aspects of the sv impressed me than otherwise. Before I give my initial impression, I should first say that my experience with vaporizers has been rather sporadic and limited. I’ve only used a pax, and that old 02 portable vaporizer. I’m a noob in American weedology in general. In the region where I mostly spent partaking in this stuff, you end up being a student of hashology, or more like, low grade variety hashology. This stuff here is much stronger, but nicely so.

My very first thought when I held the elevape was, “Yup, this is going to get annoying to put in my jeans pocket,” I kept casting the sv a couple inches up in the air, like you would a large river rock, (Yes that’s what I was imagining.) Its feels very solid, it felt like an expensive well-built vaporizer. The impression of my friends, who have even less experience than me with vaporizers… they were pleasantly surprised by the size of the case, and even more so, by the size of the actual sv. They felt like it didn’t look like a vaporizer.

The case is nice, but I feel the large foamy accessory placeholders takes up too much space, and I will be removing it and seeing whether or not I can use the extra space to store some grinded herbs instead. Also, wondering if the mouth piece could be replaced with a standard ecig drip tip with a lower profile.

When I went for my first quick vaping session last night, I found the elevape awkward to hold. Quickly however, I found it comfortable, especially when held like the bowl of a large pipe.

The herb chamber magnetic cover on the SV is stronger than the one on the Pax. Stronger and more cleverly made to not accidently open. The Pax’s chamber lid opened in my pocket twice in the month or so of having it.

I clear out the lingering vape in the sv by continuing to inhale a couple of seconds after auto shutoff blinks as already suggested. I noticed that if you continue inhaling for more than 5 seconds after the auto shutoff stops blinking, the heating coil reactivates.

Couldn’t tell whether the sv was charging through the usb cable, while having a vape session, even though I kept monitoring the battery charging through the computer app. The side LED orange light did remain solid, while charging and vaping simultaneously. I do like the fact that it uses micro USB, I used my phone’s longer micro usb cable to connect to the computer, and thanks to the effects of the green stuff it felt like I was enjoying a hooka, and a little more…

In some areas going out for a hooka with friends becomes the closest socially acceptable thing to getting slightly buzzed in a public setting. Water cooled tobacco with fruit flavor’s being the most popular where I spent quite a considerable amount of time recently. Many of the memories of hanging out with my friends that I now appreciate usually included an apple flavored hooka in the mix. I was vaping while watching a movie on my computer, and it was nice to be able to quickly glance at the displayed sv app and trying different temp settings.

Out of the box, the SV temps were set at 5/10/14. Right now I’m at 10/15/20.

I see what sasNW was saying about the metal mixer, and the magnetic lid. However, the fact that you can throw it across the outside of the chamber lid to stick with the magnets has it’s benefits when you’ve just spent 60 seconds feeling all over the couch for the little mixer that you’ve misplaced… and know that you've reached the - getting your ass off the couch stage - in order to find it.

As a novice, this is the kind of vaping experience I was expecting when I first got the Pax. In general I’d say my biggest gripe would be the width of the thing… wish it was significantly narrower. Makes me really appreciate the ergonomics of the PAX. Probably my biggest issue now is the fact that the herbs are getting browned almost exclusively towards the center. I believe someone has also mentioned this earlier, and that it was a software issue that was remedied quickly.

I wondering how do we know if we have the updated software? Also I thought that it was mentioned that the package comes with an extra heating coil. I didn’t have one. Finally, I’ve seen this mouth piece by thermovape called, smooth flow moisture conditioner…although it only provides a few inhales of water conditioned vapor, it seems like a rather cool accessories to have. Anyone know if the dimensions are compatible for the sv?

So far I’m extremely happy with my purchase, and a big thanks to the FC forum members!

Last edited:
Top Bottom