• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Elevape smart 2.0 (ESV 2.0)

namasteIII

Wow page 4. quiete over here.

So I want to combine the bottle cap screen with the stir lid. in essence, install the stir lid and poke holes for the 2 arms (I guess I'll call them arms) and then place the screen around the whole thing much like how the bottle cap screen works, just with the stir lid arms poking through so I can stir. I want this because I think it will keep the unit cleaner, also maybe help the unit preform better with the stir lid on, which I would like because then I could use the stir lid.

Question then. does anyone, maybe @Vape Dr. know where I could get screen material but in sheet form? I don't think they sell screens in circle form big enough for this job so I'd like to buy a sheet of the same material and cut and shape it to fit my needs. It'll be a big help if someone comes through.

Right thanks guys. Anyone out there still rocking their ESV?

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Wow page 4. quiete over here.

So I want to combine the bottle cap screen with the stir lid. in essence, install the stir lid and poke holes for the 2 arms (I guess I'll call them arms) and then place the screen around the whole thing much like how the bottle cap screen works, just with the stir lid arms poking through so I can stir. I want this because I think it will keep the unit cleaner, also maybe help the unit preform better with the stir lid on, which I would like because then I could use the stir lid.

Question then. does anyone, maybe @Vape Dr. know where I could get screen material but in sheet form? I don't think they sell screens in circle form big enough for this job so I'd like to buy a sheet of the same material and cut and shape it to fit my needs. It'll be a big help if someone comes through.

Right thanks guys. Anyone out there still rocking their ESV?
I poked one hole in the middle of my already made bottle cap screen to allow the screw for the stir lid to go through. It was pretty easy to do.

Vape Dr.

@namasteIII I use a 5/8ths fine screen and the back of an EGO battery to form the bottle cap screen then after installed I use an awl or safety pin to make the center hole in the screen for the stir tool.

Vape Dr.,

namasteIII

Thanks but I want it backwards. Stir lid installed like normal and then screen on top with 2 holes poked to allow the arms to come through. My stir lid gets dirty after like 1 use so I'm thinking this would keep the material off it it.

namasteIII,

Vape Dr.

@namasteIII You would be better off just making a stir tool from a SS safety pin.

I actually don't use my stir lid. I just put less material in with a bottles cap screen so I can tap it on my knee to stir.

Indica screens might work if you want to try it though. They are large squares.

Vape Dr.,

namasteIII

@namasteIII
I actually don't use my stir lid. I just put less material in with a bottles cap screen so I can tap it on my knee to stir.

Hmm the shake never gave me a proper mixing, maybe I need to work on my shaking technique. haha.

Thanks OF you a useful person around here. glad your here!

namasteIII,
Reactions: OF

jazzyvapeman

Hmm the shake never gave me a proper mixing, maybe I need to work on my shaking technique. haha.

Thanks OF you a useful person around here. glad your here!

The shake will work better with the bottle cap screen. If you put just enough to cover the bottom screen you most likely won't have to stir.

Thanks to @Vape Dr. for coming up with and helping us do this mod. It is imperative and @Ipuffusa should definitely make this standard.

Before the mod I was not loving this vape very much as all of the material got stuck in the middle and the lid screen was clogged after 1 hit.

Now that it's modded I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm enjoying ESV 2.0 more (right now) than Milaana which has been my daily driver since I got Mi 5 months ago. I'm actually finding myself getting ripped more than Mi with less material, and it's definitely smoother thanks to the cooling effect from the aluminium. There's also less of a need to stir (although you do need to stir if your load is full) than with Mi, at least in my experience.

Right now I got my temps at 15-16-17. I use 17 when I'm outside and the air is cooler. I alternate between 16 and 15 typically indoors, starting with 16 and winding down to 15 as the load remains heated somewhat from previous hits. Draw speed makes a big difference, if you draw slower the heat builds up more.

This is a really sweet vape and I hope it takes off further as it is definitely in the ballpark with RBT vapes. The simplicity and stealthiness of it are pretty much unbeatable. I've spoken with Joe and he has some awesome plans for this guy (think concentrates).

I'm sure there is more out there now in terms of on demand portable convection with a stealth factor, but I'm pretty much staying off of FC for the most part as VAS is curable by staying off FC and enjoying my collection :)

namasteIII

Glad your liking it. I use the bottle cap screen but I'll have to play around with the amounts, to see if I can get a good shake.

I was very disappointed by concentrate use, could not get it to produce a hit, even with 3 back to back hits on setting 30. I think it may because my coil is angled down slightly. Also wondering if I could put a hole in the concentrate pad and screw it into the lid so it stays put.

haven't used this device or any for like a month, just cuz if I wanted to relish in sobriety for a while. But the added lack of any tolerance when I come back to it in a few weeks will be pretty fun.

jazzyvapeman

I don't know if it's really meant for concentrate use as of yet. The temps need to be higher than 30. Joe swore me to secrecy but I can tell you there will be a solution for this in the future.

jazzyvapeman,

namasteIII

I don't know if it's really meant for concentrate use as of yet. The temps need to be higher than 30. Joe swore me to secrecy but I can tell you there will be a solution for this in the future.

I don't know he recommended me to buy the firefly pads saying that it would work. Also users have had success with concentrate as is. Also if you look back in the OG ESV there there was the same talk of temps higher than 30, and that was years ago.

namasteIII,

Vape Dr.

The version 1 ESV works great with concentrates.
Here is a stock lid with an herbalizer pad screwed on.

There is something better in the works.:tup:

namasteIII

Yup, shame I cant get anything like that on my 2.0. No vapor production or effect. The oil just melts into the pad after 1 hit but I can't get it out.

namasteIII,

namasteIII

Hold it upside down when hitting it.

That sounds like exactly what not to do, in fact that's one thing Joe specifically mentioned when telling me about concentrate use was to make sure to keep it right side up. don't want the oil to drip into the heater.

namasteIII,

jazzyvapeman

That sounds like exactly what not to do, in fact that's one thing Joe specifically mentioned when telling me about concentrate use was to make sure to keep it right side up. don't want the oil to drip into the heater.
Did you have your unit serviced? I know there was a firmware issue with my 2.0 and I wasn't getting any vapor on the highest setting with flower. Joe had to fix it.

jazzyvapeman,

namasteIII

Did you have your unit serviced? I know there was a firmware issue with my 2.0 and I wasn't getting any vapor on the highest setting with flower. Joe had to fix it.

No I sent it in once, but just for a coil change cuz I broke mine. I defiantly get vapor with flower, even on setting 13 with a bent coil. I think raising the coil would make oil work, and I'll call Joe and talk about it when I have concentrate and am ready to partake again.

namasteIII,

Ashcorbett

I am brand new to vaping as of tomorrow when I go buy this one lol!! It seems to be top of the line and I want something that's going to last. How fine do I bust the weed? Does it matter how wet or dry? What is the difference in the settings 1,2 and 3? And most importantly, can you smell weed?! Like I can just smoke this wherever and people won't smell weed when I exhale lol!? These are probably crazy questions to you pros lol!! I smoke about 10 grams a week, is using the vape going to get me high using less?? Thanks so much in advance to whoever answers my slew of questions ❤️

OF

I am brand new to vaping as of tomorrow when I go buy this one lol!! It seems to be top of the line and I want something that's going to last. How fine do I bust the weed? Does it matter how wet or dry? What is the difference in the settings 1,2 and 3? And most importantly, can you smell weed?! Like I can just smoke this wherever and people won't smell weed when I exhale lol!? These are probably crazy questions to you pros lol!! I smoke about 10 grams a week, is using the vape going to get me high using less?? Thanks so much in advance to whoever answers my slew of questions ❤️

First off, howdy. Welcome to the FC Forum.

Sad to say, I think you have a lot in front of you. Some of what you ask can be simply answered, like 'keep it dry and medium ground' until you get up to speed. To moist and you'll fail completely early on.

That's a lot of herb to smoke, how potent is it. The bowl on this (like most vapes) is pretty small, low grade weed doesn't have enough THC in a bowlfull for most. At that level I suspect you among them.

All else equal you should use 1/3 or maybe 1/4 of the herb you do now since you're no longer destroying THC with combustion. But you don't 'get high' in the same way. Part of that is the direct result of all the nasty junk in smoke. It tends to make you dizzy and effect you otherwise which your mind combines into its' expectations. You need to break that link, which might take a day or two or a week (I don't know of anyone taking more than 2, does anyone?). That has to be with absolutely no combustion. NO SMOKING, not even a single hit. That can reset the 'unlearn clock', and even I'm told can make it take longer each time (as your mind holds out for the relief it knows is coming.....). But it's possible, everyone here has done it (most likely, nobody started out vaping?).

The smell is dramatically reduced, that's 'reduced' not eliminated. Worse is you're going to become basically immune to it. Think about cigarette smokers who don't understand that they stink? Don't depend on this being some magic 'get out of jail free' card. It's more discrete but if it's a bust due caution needs consideration?

ESV is a great vape for sure, but it's very 'fiddly'. Very hard to learn and you've got a LOT to learn about it. Perhaps the hardest to 'drive' out there, it's for sure the hardest of all the vapes I own/have used, and that's a pretty big pile really. The 3 'levels' you ask about are 'soft', you have to program them via the USB port with 'an app'. You have software to load and figure out just to get started. And there's often some adjustment of the heater element (spiral wire under the bowl), modifying screens and such. Please go back and skim some of the posts in this thread as we collectively worked on these things, there is no simple, fixed fix that always works. You are definitely part of the process.

Battery life is limited since it's true convection. Quite short until you learn to use it wisely. Entirely possible to use a full charge with no (or very little) useful vapor to show for it. It's capable of first rate flavor, among the best. But it needs to be clean to do that and it's not that easy to clean relative to other vapes.

To be frank of all the vapes I know and use it's probably the last I'd recommend to a newbie. No offense meant, but IMO you've roped a tough bronc to learn to ride on.

My best advice is to keep your new vape in the box for a while, you've got a LOT of reading to do. Both about this vape and the process.

Have you laid down money for this? Do you have other options? Might be the 11th hour but IMO you might want to reconsider?

OF

Mr Mellish

Sad to say, I think you have a lot in front of you. Some of what you ask can be simply answered, like 'keep it dry and medium ground' until you get up to speed. To moist and you'll fail completely early on.

That's a lot of herb to smoke, how potent is it. The bowl on this (like most vapes) is pretty small, low grade weed doesn't have enough THC in a bowlfull for most. At that level I suspect you among them.

All else equal you should use 1/3 or maybe 1/4 of the herb you do now since you're no longer destroying THC with combustion. But you don't 'get high' in the same way. Part of that is the direct result of all the nasty junk in smoke. It tends to make you dizzy and effect you otherwise which your mind combines into its' expectations. You need to break that link, which might take a day or two or a week (I don't know of anyone taking more than 2, does anyone?). That has to be with absolutely no combustion. NO SMOKING, not even a single hit. That can reset the 'unlearn clock', and even I'm told can make it take longer each time (as your mind holds out for the relief it knows is coming.....). But it's possible, everyone here has done it (most likely, nobody started out vaping?).

The smell is dramatically reduced, that's 'reduced' not eliminated. Worse is you're going to become basically immune to it. Think about cigarette smokers who don't understand that they stink? Don't depend on this being some magic 'get out of jail free' card. It's more discrete but if it's a bust due caution needs consideration?

ESV is a great vape for sure, but it's very 'fiddly'. Very hard to learn and you've got a LOT to learn about it. Perhaps the hardest to 'drive' out there, it's for sure the hardest of all the vapes I own/have used, and that's a pretty big pile really. The 3 'levels' you ask about are 'soft', you have to program them via the USB port with 'an app'. You have software to load and figure out just to get started. And there's often some adjustment of the heater element (spiral wire under the bowl), modifying screens and such. Please go back and skim some of the posts in this thread as we collectively worked on these things, there is no simple, fixed fix that always works. You are definitely part of the process.

Battery life is limited since it's true convection. Quite short until you learn to use it wisely. Entirely possible to use a full charge with no (or very little) useful vapor to show for it. It's capable of first rate flavor, among the best. But it needs to be clean to do that and it's not that easy to clean relative to other vapes.

To be frank of all the vapes I know and use it's probably the last I'd recommend to a newbie. No offense meant, but IMO you've roped a tough bronc to learn to ride on.

My best advice is to keep your new vape in the box for a while, you've got a LOT of reading to do. Both about this vape and the process.

Have you laid down money for this? Do you have other options? Might be the 11th hour but IMO you might want to reconsider?

OF

I’m with @OF on this. In fact, I’d go a step further...if you haven’t already purchased it, I would hold off on the purchase and consider other options that are easier to use and to adjust: Crafty, Mighty, Firewood, Pax3, Boundless... (actually, damn near anything).

In addition to that, Joe has been on radio silence for quite a long time.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I agree with @OF, you should try something a little less finicky.

I would suggest either the Arizer Solo 2 or Air 2.

Solo was my first vape and after near 5 years still going strong (I did change the battery once since I killed it by over charging.

Much easier learning curve. There are deals on the Solo 2 and probably the Air will have some kind of deal available once more retailers have them in stock.

Check with the FC sponsor websites and see what you get for your $.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Ashcorbett

Ashcorbett

OF

Thank you SO much for your detail in explaining everything! I'm actually buying it second hand for a really good price so I am still going to go through with the purchase, but I'll make sure to read all the comments on this thread and learn lots before just diving in! thanks again :)

Thank you all for your replies!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashcorbett,
Reactions: OF

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Give a look to the original thread ( not the 2.0) for more informations, there is not so much difference between this version and the previous. And good luck

I'm still enjoying my original ESV daily, most folks around gave away but mybe I'm just lucky with mine. To day I noticed the fritted glass screen I received with my Dobby vape fits perfectly the ESV bowl, just made some rosin from moroccan hasch and I plan to test it very soon.

It's a shame if the company is down, I was expecting to see it for ever... imo it's still the smaller and more on-demand unit in the market, impressive performances idiotproof, amazing taste... if everything is set properly and it doesn't seems to be always the case!
Is somebody tried to contact Sandor, the guy in Europe which was working with Joe...?

Top Bottom