1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Elevape smart 2.0 (ESV 2.0)

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by vapen00b, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Lookatmeglow

Lookatmeglow I seem to have a bad case of VAS

I never owned or tried the elevape sv, but I do have a few different on demand units. Does the 2.0 feel like it it worth it when there are other on demand convection units available? I really like that the unit is ready when you start taking a draw so it would be very discreet and quick to use on the go.

I also like the design of it, but the coils are a bit confusing for me. Would I have to constantly tinker with them or would they be ready to use right out of the box? Does the unit need an initial burn off like other portables?

How easy is the maintenance overall? Would you say this is an easy unit to share with others or is it better for solo sessions?

And out of curiosity, for those that have one, what temperatures do you have your presets, set to?

2. jazzyvapeman

jazzyvapeman Active Member

I haven't had the ESV 2.0 for long but so far it is worth it to me. In terms of other on demand portable convection vapes, I do have the Milaana and I think that vape is a little bit better mainly because I don't really have to stir with the Milaana, and also the effect is a bit stronger for me. However, nothing that I'm aware of in this category can match the stealth of the ESV and I like having both for different situations. The ESV is also super durable so you can just pop it in your pocket without worrying about breaking it or having it go off (unlike the Milaana, where there's still some chance the vape can go off even if you have the guitar pick mod and are careful).

I believe they test the units before sending out and there's no need for a burn off. Also, you won't have to tinker with the coils unlike the OG. The coil comes calibrated to your unit and should work out of the box.

Maintenance seems good so far, the only thing I've had to clean is the chamber lid, and I just dip it in ISO or burn it off in my Herbalizer which is pretty simple. I'm planning on experimenting with the bottle cap mod which is supposed to alleviate both the need to clean and the need to stir. I'm guessing that I'll have to take it apart 1-2 times a month to clean out the rest of the unit.

This vape is not really suited for a large group because you're supposed to pack a very small amount, but it can definitely be viable for up to 3-4 people, however you'll probably have to stir so it's not completely ideal.

I don't remember exactly what temps I use but they are kind of in the 50-80% range as my material is rather fresh.

My only real complaint with the unit is a need to stir. I pretty much have to stir on every hit as it seems to only really get the center brown. I will report back on the bottle cap mod as I'm hoping it will solve this issue to some degree. Stirring does work though and I am able to extract everything and my ABV comes out dark brown.

3. Lookatmeglow

I'm a perpetual stirrer already so that isn't an issue at all. The 2.0 would be for me and wouldn't really share it with anyone besides my SO. Thank you for the reply @jazzyvapeman !

4. kbrown5523

kbrown5523 Hopping in Washington

I guess it's time I send it in. I REALLY didn't want to have to do that. I put in a new coil today and if anything it's working worse. Wispy vapor and burned herb in the center. Very frustrating. :(

5. namasteIII

namasteIII Well-Known Member

Hey people

It's been a while, lets talk.

My unit is now working as properly as a ESV 2.0 can work. Which is good.

I need to stir

Thats the fact of it. Tried hard to like the stir lid but it really brings the performance of the unit down a bunch and just isn't worth it. It ads draw resistance, sucks the heat away from the load, and gets dirty super easy.

I've settled on the bottle cap screen for now. It requires minimal cleaning (just brush it off when you can)

Heres a tip. don't leave the unit with the chamber Lid face down when theres stuff in the bowl. you'll notice more herb stuck to it if its face down. where as if you always leave it on top the herb stays in the bowl and not on the lid.

Anyway it also gives superior airflow, flavor, and vapor production.

As for the vapor its really nice. Low temps taste good and produce small clouds, (go low enough and you'll get no visible vapor)

Higher temps work great epically with a fresh load.

Heres another tip. If you want bigger hits pack the unit a bit more full. I was told just enough to cover the screen. however if you add a wee bit more than that, and give it the slightest of tamps you can get huge hits on the higher temps.

battery life is amazing. Its great that its safe to leave it on the charger the whole time. So I just leave it at my desk charging when I'm not using it and its ready to go when I am. the battery lasts a good long while, never once been a problem for me and Power banks can keep you going off grid.

My biggest con with unit is the need to stir. My it would be an amazing device if I didn't have to. just pack it and hit it till it's done not to have to worry about having to stir ever hit or two. This is a dream however and not the reality of this unit. Things in life are not perfect and I Know compromises must exist. Stirring is the price I pay the power of convection.

I don't like that I have to stir. it's a big con for me and really makes me like the unit a lot less, it makes it much less portable and convenient to use. It's still really good unit don't get me wrong, just not best one.

It being my only unit as this point is got me thinking. I don't want to go full blown VAS like some of you, but a nice session portable vape and one for water would do me good down the road.

If you were to ask me should I buy this what would I say?

Uh probably not, it's really expensive, I didn't realize that till I said it out loud. 300 bucks for a weed smoking device. damn.

But if you like the idea of on demand, and like the idea of convection. and like the idea of having to stir every hit. and like the idea of the unit being small and well made and having good battery life, and being very adjustable, and tasting good. and like the idea of spending to much money of a weed vape then you'd be well of to go with this one.

Perfection is an idea.

6. kbrown5523

For session vaping, I love my Focus Pro, only $100.00 thru PIU. I got the stainless WPA and so it's great with water too. Wide range of temps so you can go low for flavor or crank it up for milky clouds. Quick heat up as well. Removable batteries. Adjustable airflow.

The only reason I like my Grasshopper better is because I don't session vape. I like an on demand unit that I can take a hit and come back later and take another without all my herb getting wasted.

PPN likes this.
  7. kbrown5523

I finally sent my ESV2 in to see if they can get it working right. I'm really happy with my hoppers and my Focus Pro, but at the price I paid for the ESV2 I can't give up on it.

8. Lookatmeglow

So I have been borrowing @Vape Dr.'s elevape 2.0 for a little bit now and I wanted to give some first impression thoughts.

After a bit of a rocky start, which both the Dr. and Joe helped tremendously, am in full use mode with everything working perfectly. First thing I noticed was the lack of draw resistance. It is definitely one of the more open and easy draws for a vaporizer that I have used. Next, the ability to handle small amounts is next level. I use at the least 0.05g in my other vaporizers. This thing handles even smaller amounts just amazing. Last couple ovens used 0.02g, had to weigh it out to be sure, and I got easily 10 full draws out of it.

The flavor is nice as well. Definitely learning the vapor profile of this one. Need to keep playing with it and using it more to get better acquainted. So far, :tup::tup:!

Shit Snacks, kbrown5523, PPN and 3 others like this.
  9. Lookatmeglow

Sorry for the back to back posts. It's a different thought, so I felt like a separate post would be better suited. Mods if you disagree, please combine them.

After a quick message back and forth last night with @Vape Dr. I tried concentrate in the elevape. Using a firefly 2 concentrate pad, which fit perfectly, and turning the temperature all the way up I was ready. Loaded a nice, read as grain of rice, sized glob up and put it in the oven upside-down.

Took just two and a half draws, 8 seconds plus 2 seconds after, to clear the oven. The temperature was a little too high as the flavor was a little "burnt" tasting, but it made both my SO and I cough for a good couple minutes. Just a personal preference, but 420-430°F seems like it would be a better temperature next time I attempt this.

Overall, would do it again and it definitely works well with concentrates too.

Vape Dr. and Oogendoogan like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors