• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Elevape smart 2.0 (ESV 2.0)

HerbieVonVapster

I received my pre order 2.0 over the weekend. Got to say I am really impressed with the improvements.

The change to the air intake path has greatly improves on the draw.

2.0 does a better job of maintaining the selected temperature regardless of the draw speed.

The unit itself finish has change. More a matte over the OG being more smooth. Much easier to hold onto too than the OG.

Haven't had a whole lot of time to play with unit but battery life seems to have improved over the OG.

Really been impressed with my OG over the last couple of years. I feel the 2.0 has improved upon a already great product.

Price may seem high but when you take in account of a lifetime warranty great CS and it's made in America for something made of to last, it's really not that bad. With the fc discount even better.

jazzyvapeman

Received my ESV 2.0, charged it overnight, removed from charger this morning, charge light was green.

I cannot get the unit to produce any vapor. My load stays green although I can feel the unit getting hot. I have tried all different draw speeds, back to back hits, primer hits, etc. and cannot get any vapor even at highest temp.

I verified my coil is heating up, and also bent it towards the sensor thinking that might be the problem. Still no vapor.

I emailed Joe and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

jazzyvapeman,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Received my ESV 2.0, charged it overnight, removed from charger this morning, charge light was green.

I cannot get the unit to produce any vapor. My load stays green although I can feel the unit getting hot. I have tried all different draw speeds, back to back hits, primer hits, etc. and cannot get any vapor even at highest temp.

I verified my coil is heating up, and also bent it towards the sensor thinking that might be the problem. Still no vapor.

I emailed Joe and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Hope Joe has taken care of you in the meantime? You're not supposed to bend the coil at all with the 2.0... It comes calibrated.

Last edited:
vapen00b,

jazzyvapeman

Hope Joe has taken care of you in the meantime? You're not supposed to bend the coil at all with the 2.0... It comes calibrated.

Yes, Joe provided outstanding customer service and took time to answer all my questions.

You're right, the 2.0 coil does not require bending. Joe suspects my coil needs replacing regardless and is sending me some coils.

I was able to get a small amount of wispy vapor at the highest temp setting. Joe said I should be combusting at that temperature, and that top temps are meant for the upcoming oil pad accessory.

I will report back once I've received the new coils.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Are the ESV 2.0 coils the same than in the previous version?

Is somebody already tried to make a DIY replacement coil (which was working!)?

upcoming oil pad accessory
Nice...although I hope it will be something better than a classic ss pad, not sure if it will work well enough in the original esv I get since the airflow is concentrated in a small area...

I spent so much for my last vapes I can't expect to put the trigger on the 2.0 before a long time...except if I find a trade!
Is there a member with both the original and the 2.0? Is the difference trully noticeable?

Last question: Is there an upgrade program? Can I send my original to get it upgraded to the 2.0?

HerbieVonVapster

Is there a member with both the original and the 2.0? Is the difference trully noticeable?

Yes currency own both. I feel the changes are worth the price to upgrade. I posted a mini review on some of the changes.

I don't think there's going be a upgrade program. Maybe can toss your OG up for sale? The OG still a nice unit and sure somebody would get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I was able to get a small amount of wispy vapor at the highest temp setting. Joe said I should be combusting at that temperature, and that top temps are meant for the upcoming oil pad accessory.

Yes if your only getting wispy hits somethings not right on highest setting mine combust herb. Have you tried adjusting temps on the apps? Mine was set really low for 1 and 2 and at highest heat on 3. Worked much better once I adjusted the app temps. Just a ideal to try well waiting on coils.

namasteIII

Hey guy's what type of screen do I need to buy for the bottle cap screen?

Oh, and anyone wondering how this vape, well I like it. I need more practice but practice gets me high so it's cool. More details in the future but if I think it's good now but once I learn it well, I think it's going to be great.

namasteIII,

vapen00b

Oh, and anyone wondering how this vape, well I like it. I need more practice but practice gets me high so it's cool. More details in the future but if I think it's good now but once I learn it well, I think it's going to be great.
Somebody just called for a doctor? @Vape Dr. ;):D

namasteIII

Somebody just called for a doctor? @Vape Dr. ;):D

I got it actually. Getting better and better with this guy.

Question for other owners, Is your bowl screen slightly domed up into the chamber? Mine is and I'm not sure it's supposed to be. The hot spot is right under there so I'm thinking flat screen would spread out the heat not compress it in the middle.

namasteIII,

namasteIII

Hey folks. Let's liven up the discussion here shall we.

I'll go first.

Hy my name is, well I guess it's over there on the left. and I'm addicted to vapes.

Actually no I'm not I own, one and it's the one that corresponds to this thread.
I've owned some before. Arizer Solo, for some years, great fun that was, whist I was still really excited about weed. but after a while sucking on a device for 12 minutes, waiting for it to heat up was less fun and less convenient to smoking. I then Got a Boundless CF, which was faster than the solo but still a session, and cleaning was work, also not as good taste, device did not feel good. not bashing Boundless, it's a good product just not the one I wanted. sold that. smoked for a while. realized my lungs did not like me smoking, realized I like having my lungs be happy with me because they help me breath. realized breathing is important, so important I do it all the time, even now.

And now I'm here, with a ESV 2.0.

Two things to note about me right now. this is my first on demand device, and my first convection device my first tastes of convection all together.

how's it taste you ask? Meh... not to worry though don't blame the vape blame the bud. which is old and shit. and not even magic convection can make old shit taste not like old shit. I do get to taste though, more than I ever have before, it's just not very good. Not to fear I will make it one of my missions tomorrow to purchase some better material.

Now I had high expectations for this device, couldn't help it. I tried, but nope my explications were high. how has the device lived up to them? It's like right on the cusp of surpassing my expectations.

The good first.

- On demand is the shit. it's amazing it's everything I wanted it it be. it's prefect. the the absolute utter shit. it's so great. it's the best thing ever. it's really really good. Instant on devices are the best devices. it's great. I wish my mom was an instant on convection vaporizer. my brother too. this frog sat on my desk, his favorite thing is instant on convection. it's true he just said so.

- The thing is well built it's a good size and looks inconspicuous if that's important to you. it's a nice size, it feels good in my pocket. I like to hold it. it fits well in my hand. the material is nice. it's very solid apart form a rattle sometimes when I shake it not sure what that it, might be the weed.

- All one self contained unit. magic compared to the sold. I take it where ever I want and it's easy to do so, grab it, place in pocket, go. it's the thing that drove me away form the milliana, a magical unit I'm sure (I still want in the RBT cult, Thinking a Zion for the summer) but 2 piece is not portable, not to me. Speaking of self contacted I enjoy internal battery, especially with mini USB, means a power bank can be used which means power where ever I, camping, skiing, don't matter I've got the battery. speaking of which. the life is good I think I need more time to make a true statement but I can tell you it's not bad.

- vapor not much to say read the other thread they nailed it, cool smooth, n tasty. never cough never once.

- convection, is great I love learning it. learning to feel and taste the vapor. learn what type of draw results in what type of hit. it's rewarding, to learn and once I've got it nailed down this unit will be even better.

This brings us to bad.

It's not dialed in perfect yet. Biggest problem is my coil. Heres the scoop. During shipping my coil got moved around. the outer ring was lower and offset. called Joe and we talked. (again the other thread was right, good guy) about adjusting it. I made my attempt and I'd say not much has changed. Still a hotspot right in the center. That part will get black the the rest is yellow or green the further from the center you get. I'm confident we will fix this, as I know the unit is cable of working in a way where the heart is even through the bowl. that's how it was designed and that's how it works for many people.

If I can get the coil working right, and my bowl heating even then I can really start to perfect my technique, with that this unit will surpass my expectations in the best of way. I'm hopeful this can happen.

Other things to talk about.

So my coil came messed up and I have to fix this. I spoke with my dad telling him this and he said why don't you have them send you another one. this gave me an interesting though. On one hand he's right the product came not as shown and that should be fixed. the thing here is who's doing the fixing. sure I could send it in have Joe do it. but that costs money and time. the thing with the ESV is I can do that myself. the question there is am I happy about that or not. and the answer is I don't know. tinkering with the coil was interesting. I like that I can fix it my self, put time and effort into my device, learn it and grow with it. I like that I don't have to send it in. the flip side is that paid 300 dollars to sit with a head light and tweezers playing with a small bit of mental for 20 or so minuets.

just something I'm thinking about all that, not sure how I feel on it, pros and cons. such is life.

I'm going to link some photos for yall to look at. http://imgur.com/a/7SONV

but let's get some chatter going. throw any coil molestation advice my way, or anything really, I'm into this device and want to chat and learn about it.

Last edited:
Did a search with no luck...I have the OG Elevape Smart and was wondering if anybody has ever tried the Mighty/Crafty capsules with the OG or 2.0 units.

Also, where the hell is the air intake on this thing? I cannot figure it out.

Last edited:

namasteIII

Did a search with no luck...I have the OG Elevape Smart and was wondering if anybody has ever tried the Mighty/Crafty capsules with the OG or 2.0 units.

Also, where the hell is the air intake on this thing? I cannot figure it out.

the sides of the micro USB port.

namasteIII,

namasteIII

What's an average "session" (I know it's on demand but session is a good word) look like for the people here?

from grid to ABV, gimme all the details, draw, pack, temps, you get the idea.

namasteIII,

jazzyvapeman

Hey folks. Let's liven up the discussion here shall we.

I'll go first.

Hy my name is, well I guess it's over there on the left. and I'm addicted to vapes.

Actually no I'm not I own, one and it's the one that corresponds to this thread.
I've owned some before. Arizer Solo, for some years, great fun that was, whist I was still really excited about weed. but after a while sucking on a device for 12 minutes, waiting for it to heat up was less fun and less convenient to smoking. I then Got a Boundless CF, which was faster than the solo but still a session, and cleaning was work, also not as good taste, device did not feel good. not bashing Boundless, it's a good product just not the one I wanted. sold that. smoked for a while. realized my lungs did not like me smoking, realized I like having my lungs be happy with me because they help me breath. realized breathing is important, so important I do it all the time, even now.

And now I'm here, with a ESV 2.0.

Two things to note about me right now. this is my first on demand device, and my first convection device my first tastes of convection all together.

how's it taste you ask? Meh... not to worry though don't blame the vape blame the bud. which is old and shit. and not even magic convection can make old shit taste not like old shit. I do get to taste though, more than I ever have before, it's just not very good. Not to fear I will make it one of my missions tomorrow to purchase some better material.

Now I had high expectations for this device, couldn't help it. I tried, but nope my explications were high. how has the device lived up to them? It's like right on the cusp of surpassing my expectations.

The good first.

- On demand is the shit. it's amazing it's everything I wanted it it be. it's prefect. the the absolute utter shit. it's so great. it's the best thing ever. it's really really good. Instant on devices are the best devices. it's great. I wish my mom was an instant on convection vaporizer. my brother too. this frog sat on my desk, his favorite thing is instant on convection. it's true he just said so.

- The thing is well built it's a good size and looks inconspicuous if that's important to you. it's a nice size, it feels good in my pocket. I like to hold it. it fits well in my hand. the material is nice. it's very solid apart form a rattle sometimes when I shake it not sure what that it, might be the weed.

- All one self contained unit. magic compared to the sold. I take it where ever I want and it's easy to do so, grab it, place in pocket, go. it's the thing that drove me away form the milliana, a magical unit I'm sure (I still want in the RBT cult, Thinking a Zion for the summer) but 2 piece is not portable, not to me. Speaking of self contacted I enjoy internal battery, especially with mini USB, means a power bank can be used which means power where ever I, camping, skiing, don't matter I've got the battery. speaking of which. the life is good I think I need more time to make a true statement but I can tell you it's not bad.

- vapor not much to say read the other thread they nailed it, cool smooth, n tasty. never cough never once.

- convection, is great I love learning it. learning to feel and taste the vapor. learn what type of draw results in what type of hit. it's rewarding, to learn and once I've got it nailed down this unit will be even better.

This brings us to bad.

It's not dialed in perfect yet. Biggest problem is my coil. Heres the scoop. During shipping my coil got moved around. the outer ring was lower and offset. called Joe and we talked. (again the other thread was right, good guy) about adjusting it. I made my attempt and I'd say not much has changed. Still a hotspot right in the center. That part will get black the the rest is yellow or green the further from the center you get. I'm confident we will fix this, as I know the unit is cable of working in a way where the heart is even through the bowl. that's how it was designed and that's how it works for many people.

If I can get the coil working right, and my bowl heating even then I can really start to perfect my technique, with that this unit will surpass my expectations in the best of way. I'm hopeful this can happen.

Other things to talk about.

So my coil came messed up and I have to fix this. I spoke with my dad telling him this and he said why don't you have them send you another one. this gave me an interesting though. On one hand he's right the product came not as shown and that should be fixed. the thing here is who's doing the fixing. sure I could send it in have Joe do it. but that costs money and time. the thing with the ESV is I can do that myself. the question there is am I happy about that or not. and the answer is I don't know. tinkering with the coil was interesting. I like that I can fix it my self, put time and effort into my device, learn it and grow with it. I like that I don't have to send it in. the flip side is that paid 300 dollars to sit with a head light and tweezers playing with a small bit of mental for 20 or so minuets.

just something I'm thinking about all that, not sure how I feel on it, pros and cons. such is life.

I'm going to link some photos for yall to look at. http://imgur.com/a/7SONV

but let's get some chatter going. throw any coil molestation advice my way, or anything really, I'm into this device and want to chat and learn about it.

I wound up having to send in my ESV 2.0 per Joe...I don't think the coils were the problem as I could get them to light up 100% if I blew very slowly into the intake. Anything other than super slow and the coil barely lights up. With the unit put together, if I draw that slow the red indicator light does not come on.

I suspect something is wrong with how power is being provided to the coil, or maybe with the batteries themselves, but that's just a layman's observation.

I'm disappointed that I had to cover shipping back to iPuff despite the fact that I have a non-functioning unit out of the box...other companies like Herbalizer have covered shipping both ways for a defective part. Joe did say he'd throw in accessories but really all I want is a working vape and to not have to spend more money to get it working.

Will report back what is discovered...

jazzyvapeman,
Reactions: kbrown5523

jazzyvapeman

Well guys I have some really good news. I got my ESV 2.0 back and have finally got it working! I'm still learning the thing and tweaking the temps, but my initial results are that I'm getting huge clouds that are very smooth with little need to stir.

There was an issue with the firmware that Joe and team corrected to get my unit functioning. I was having a little difficulty with the unit after I got it back, and soon realized that I was drawing too fast. I'm getting good results with a medium speed draw.

Joe provided excellent customer service and called me to let me know what was going on when I inquired. It turned out the day I asked what was up it was in my mailbox!

I am noticing that the lid screen gets clogged rather quickly. I'm throwing the lid in my Herbalizer at a high temp to clean it off per a suggestion way back in the OG thread. I want to experiment with the bottle cap mod to see if that improves things.

This thing is a great size and can easily be palmed. I didn't own the OG but the matte finish on the 2.0 is really nice and will be more difficult to scratch for sure. Overall a really solid feeling vape.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington

I have the same problem. I went to order new coils and my order wouldn't process and so my expensive (to me) ESV2 sits while I use my Focus Pro. Frustrated enough with overall performance that I finally broke down and ordered a GH.

kbrown5523,

vapen00b

I have the same problem. I went to order new coils and my order wouldn't process and so my expensive (to me) ESV2 sits while I use my Focus Pro. Frustrated enough with overall performance that I finally broke down and ordered a GH.

Did you try to contact Joe directly? (Joe@ipuffusa.com)
I'd send you one or two coils, no problem. shipping from the EU will take a while though (10-14 days?) :\ You should receive yours way faster when you contact Joe.
PM me otherwise.

Cheers!

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Did you try to contact Joe directly? (Joe@ipuffusa.com)
I'd send you one or two coils, no problem. shipping from the EU will take a while though (10-14 days?) :\ You should receive yours way faster when you contact Joe.
PM me otherwise.
That's so cool of you, but I contacted Joe and I'm sure he'll get me taken care of. I really appreciate the offer though! :)

kbrown5523,

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Did anyone ever answer you one this? I just used the ones I had laying around for my old bong. My package says Stainless Steel 0.750" Screen Filters.

kbrown5523,

Vape Dr.

With the original cold wound coils you had to tighten the coil legs a tiny bit after a few sessions because the coils metal would soften a little bit. This would cause the issue with on/off performance.
The hot wound coils are wound while hot eliminating that issue so you have consistent performance.
Your coils should last for a very long time, at least a year.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I just need to vent a little bit. I just got the invoice for my coils since I still can't actually order through their website, and they're charging me $7.75 for shipping me coils that weigh nothing. The coils only cost $9.95 and I have to pay and additional $7.75 for shipping. Seeing as I feel the device was already really expensive, it came to me burning, as in comubsting the herb in the center, you'd think they could send me a frickin coil for free. Maybe even send the units out with a spare coil in the first place since it seems like a pretty darn common issue. Sorry, I just needed to vent a little bit. I can't wait until my GH gets here.

Top Bottom