Ejmix and Wax. Best tank setup?

PakaloloVape

Hello!

I've gained quite a bit of knowledge from this site and have gotten as far as making the perfect EJmix/Wax blend. I'm very happy with this method of smoking as it is very discreet and convenient. I have one Kangertech tank for nicotine e-juice and another (Kangertech sub tank mini) for my cannibas oil. I've made a few batches and tested different atomizers for instance the G-Clapton OVC 24ct gold atomizers (http://guidetovaping.com/2015/09/14/game-changer-g-clapton-ovc-coils/) and the standard Kangertech OCC 1.2 OHM 10w-26w atomizer. Every time I make a new batch, I start to get a burnt taste only a couple days after filling the tank. The mix itself is perfect but I'm failing to understand if it's the type of tank or the type of atomizer I'm using. As far as I know, this is still a fairly new subject and I haven't been able to find much on the right tank/atomizer for the EJ/Wax mix. I feel as though the blend is being wasted as when I go to change the atomizer, I in turn lose a decent amount of liquid. As you know, every drop counts. If anyone could give me insight as to where I'm going wrong, it'd be much appreciated! I'm so happy to have found this method of smoking but so disappointed in my tank/atomizers capability of efficiently vaping this mixture. Again, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

PakaloloVape,

torggzorz

All your Vape are belong to us
I am really into vaping both ecigs and now my wax and shatter as well. I however gave up on the mixing my hash into the juice method a long time ago... I never found a method that I was comfortable with and would get good results.

The next problem is I understand what you mean about every drop is precious... Ecig tanks are not designed for hash to be going through them, just cheap ejuice, and if a little ejuice gets spilled or lost big deal... a little hash oil sucks though. If I had to guess I would say that the extra contaminents from the hash oil procedure are gunking up your cotton wicks in the coils of your kangertank, which is what is giving you that burned taste.

I use a temperature control vaporiser now and just drop my wax right on top of the coils of a rebuildable drip atomizer... set it to the sweet spot in the temperature zone and ooh boy, tastier hits than any dab rig or so called "hash vaporizer" that I have bought... and I have bought them all practically by now lol....

randomtoker

Hello!

I've gained quite a bit of knowledge from this site and have gotten as far as making the perfect EJmix/Wax blend. I'm very happy with this method of smoking as it is very discreet and convenient. I have one Kangertech tank for nicotine e-juice and another (Kangertech sub tank mini) for my cannibas oil. I've made a few batches and tested different atomizers for instance the G-Clapton OVC 24ct gold atomizers (http://guidetovaping.com/2015/09/14/game-changer-g-clapton-ovc-coils/) and the standard Kangertech OCC 1.2 OHM 10w-26w atomizer. Every time I make a new batch, I start to get a burnt taste only a couple days after filling the tank. The mix itself is perfect but I'm failing to understand if it's the type of tank or the type of atomizer I'm using. As far as I know, this is still a fairly new subject and I haven't been able to find much on the right tank/atomizer for the EJ/Wax mix. I feel as though the blend is being wasted as when I go to change the atomizer, I in turn lose a decent amount of liquid. As you know, every drop counts. If anyone could give me insight as to where I'm going wrong, it'd be much appreciated! I'm so happy to have found this method of smoking but so disappointed in my tank/atomizers capability of efficiently vaping this mixture. Again, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey, welcome to the forums! You should post this in the thc ecig thread. Many people have found their optimal setup with the small disposable stuff, but there are also people like yourself that are still looking into other options and asking the same questions right now.

Here's a couple tips I've observed for keeping your wick/juice tasting good (especially when stepping up into more powerful gear):
  • Clean the atomizer head before refilling the tank (makes the wick like-new again). I often clean it when it's half emptied as well (but I use a 3.2ml tank). Take it out and soak it in a shot glass with a little ISO or Acetone for an hour or so, then dry thoroughly (remember to prime the wick again when refilling).
  • Do not hold the power for the full 10 seconds when you hit. Stop before you feel any heat from the vapor. Particularly important if you mix thick. If the flow can't keep up because your mix is too thick, then you're just burning your wick and it'll never taste good again.
  • If you're using low resistance heads, you really need to thin your mix down more so it can keep up with the increased vaporization rate of the powerful coils (otherwise, you will burn your wick). You also need to draw harder to cool those coils down a little or the oil will ultimately char on the wick.
  • Mix flavor seems to fade over time with consumption. Consider not filling your whole tank. Could mix it all, then fill half, vape half, top off later, etc. to keep introducing fresh juice.
I'm using a Kanger Subvod kit right now. It has a Toptank (nano?) on it. I'm running 0.5 ohm coils. I thin my mix down to at least 2:1 (mix:concentrate) and hold the power for 3-5 seconds max while pulling quite hard. For me, so far, the flavor and experience are in a different category than when I was using the little, single coil, dispo, pen stuff. Still room for improvement, but it's getting there. There's a forum member using a Uwell Crown subOhm tank, and another experimenting with a MELO2. We've been chatting in that ecig thread. Join in. :)

Top Bottom