EFS Glass Thread

Ok here are some first serious photos ;)

wiGXN9z.jpg

XqCqFwC.jpg

mqEZ65Z.jpg

good vibes

Last edited:

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^damn those are some sexy pics!

@EFS do you have any pics of a worked incycler? also, it it possible to get one with a female joint? i have a feeling that i will be picking one of these up during the black fri sale!

thanks :) more pics to follow when i find the time... and hopefully a nice HQ vid too. I just borrowed an eos 60d for a few days and hope to find the time for playing a little with it ;)

SoulCaptivesAreFree,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Incredible vortex!

One question though, how do you get it to stay on the wall sideways like that? I would love to try that myself.

:dog:

Alright, EFS, spill the beans. Specs on this crazy vortexing incycler please!!!!!!
Height, thickness,(price,shh!).Availability? Where can we find these?

EFS

Glassblower
Glass Blower
Incredible vortex!

One question though, how do you get it to stay on the wall sideways like that? I would love to try that myself.

:dog:

Alright, EFS, spill the beans. Specs on this crazy vortexing incycler please!!!!!!
Height, thickness,(price,shh!).Availability? Where can we find these?

These defy gravity! Seriously though here are specs

9-10" tall
19 mil neck
70 mil can. 5 mi
5.5" foot. 7 mil
Lenz bistabil male joint

Direct order through efsglass@gmail.com

$600

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Thanks for the quick response and all the info.

I had hope for a couple minutes anyway :)
There's an old saying, something like; "If you have to ask the price, chances are you can't afford..."
I had to ask the price.:doh:

Amazing craftsmanship, EFS!

EFS

Glassblower
Glass Blower
I am curious as to what is a price people would feel more comfortable and afford for a piece like this. I have been talking with a lot of people lately about pricing and have found a new way of thinking about it I like. I am curious your guys opinion as to see if it falls into this new approach on pricing.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
10 ft. pole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your question

See how the pole doesn't touch it? :dog:

That's a hard question to answer me thinks. BUT, applaud you very much for asking it here.

I don't have time atm to think through enough to give an intelligent quote on price. But i like where you're going, and will be back to participate this evening. I hope some of our resident glassheads will chime in with prices in my range lol. I do hope they give their opinions. I have only had about 10 different pieces so far, and admit to not being an expert by any means.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Hoops

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I am curious as to what is a price people would feel more comfortable and afford for a piece like this. I have been talking with a lot of people lately about pricing and have found a new way of thinking about it I like. I am curious your guys opinion as to see if it falls into this new approach on pricing.
Not sure I understand the question... are you asking what price we think this incycler should go for or our point of view in general.

Many things effect the perceived worth from an users point of view. Is it a custom or is it a commodity, size, quality, scientific or heady etc.

This is similar to my Mothership Torus which goes for at least 1600 retail. I have seen others under 500 in this size, but really hard to judge from just an image. Quality really effect it.

Another though, gone't make it too low because it devalues your work. I think $600 is reasonable.

I wonder what thoughts or the way you like to see it

EFS

Glassblower
Glass Blower
Just curious as to what people would like to see these priced at. My quality of work is just as high as any other high end makers. I know anyone that has bought a piece from me in the last four years would attest to that. Also just kind of curious as to anyone's point of view in general.

The new way I was introduced to thinking of pricing was to price on how much you like making a piece. I really like making these. So the theory is the more you like making something sell it for less. More you hate making something sell for more. I based this initial price point to what I thought the market was. I would prefer to get these to more people at a more affordable price.

PhotoRider

Just curious as to what people would like to see these priced at. My quality of work is just as high as any other high end makers. I know anyone that has bought a piece from me in the last four years would attest to that. Also just kind of curious as to anyone's point of view in general.

The new way I was introduced to thinking of pricing was to price on how much you like making a piece. I really like making these. So the theory is the more you like making something sell it for less. More you hate making something sell for more. I based this initial price point to what I thought thesmarket was. I would prefer to get these to more people at a more affordable price.

Understood, but that is a producer's point of view. As a customer we have no idea how much you like to create it. I typically base my thoughts on value. Value is determined by several factors, one is of course what others are pricing similar pieces. However, there are several others like visual, functionality, how common is the design, and yes quality. BTW, not making a statement about yours, just listed it as a criteria for value.

Quality can be difficult to judge also. Some issues are easy to see, but some require an experienced or trained eye. Real nice joints take time which adds value that most people may not notice. If people don't understand they just think its over priced comparing it to a less expensive piece.

That said I like the idea of reducing the price to increase the user base. That's great since that seems to be an issue for recyclers. Good ones are outside many people's budget. A nice and high quality recycler (especially an incycler) of that general size that costs $300-$400 would greatly increase the user base of recyclers. That's a win win

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
That would put them inline with one of my favorites, the Mobius ion/clear PRICE range.

Shit just got real here!!!

:popcorn:
I'll be watching.

edit: I want to buy a piece even more when you say you like making them, so you consider charging less. I hate to tell you but that kinda talk around here is gonna get you customers!! :clap:

Make our holiday $325, FC incyclers for all!!:rockon:

punctuation edit

Last edited:

Bouldorado

The new way I was introduced to thinking of pricing was to price on how much you like making a piece. I really like making these. So the theory is the more you like making something sell it for less. More you hate making something sell for more. I based this initial price point to what I thought the market was. I would prefer to get these to more people at a more affordable price.

Here's my input on pricing:

1st I don't collect glass; I keep 1-2 pieces and when I want something new, I trade or sell one of my current pieces. Since I typically don't have any particular piece more than ~6 months, I'm motivated to find pieces that are a) relatively inexpensive (<300) or b) have a high demand/high resale price.

I've owned one your donuts before and can attest that the quality is just as good as Sov, Toro, Mobius, or any of the other major brands. However, you just don't have the brand recognition those companies do and resale value suffers as a result. This is similar to SYN, whose quality and functionality are on par with the above mentioned brands IMO, but they have poor resale value in the used market.

That said, I would happily buy an incycler for $400. Much more than that and I feel I'd lose more when I go to trade/sell it than I would prefer.

Last edited:

PhotoRider

i still want to see a worked incycler! :D
I have a couple but not inexpensive, the one from Herb C was much more.
Heady work is also hard to value sometimes and it changes the market to much smaller. I believe the scientific glass market is much larger and best performance/cost trade off.

I have to get an EFS, worked would be even better...

Last edited:

Hoops

My EFS is cleaner than all three of my Mobius'es as far as workmanship. It's pretty damn close to flawless...on par with my Sov, IMHO.

I'd expect to see this in my LHS for around $800, give or take a bit.

At $600, it's still a great deal, but in the higher 'tax bracket' for me. I try to stay below $500.

At $400, I personally couldn't resist. You'd reach a larger audience, but I'm not sure that price does EFS justice.

I have a modest collection and deffer to others with more extensive incycler/recycler experience. The above is my take on the recycler pricing market based on my limited research.

(*edited some spelling and whatnot)

Last edited:

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I agree that at $350-$400 it would put it in the price range of a nice Mobius piece (Which I feel would make it the better buy being that it appears to be a quality recylcer). As a consumer I'm not sure what it takes you to produce them (Time, materials, labor...) but at that price I doubt you could keep up with the demand. I am personally in the market for a new piece for the holidays and would jump all over that deal.

PhotoRider

I agree, not sure that $600 pipe is just lowered to $400. There needs to be a lower cost solution from the blower. What I mean is there is a largely unaddressed market for this style under $400. I don't fully understand the COGS (cost of goods sold) trade offs to suggest something. The height is right, there are small ones under $400.

A pure marketing person would say price is based on value, not cost to make. Once you do that its purely about price and becomes a commodity.

Top Bottom