Efficiency of butane vapes

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
The question is: which butane vape uses the least amount of butane per gram consumed?
Best to test would be the same strain and the same lighter with different vapes....
Don't have a proper scale for that purpose (bc the law treats u as a dealer if u have one in most illegal countrys, so at least store it clean in the kitchen as best advice...)
Anyone wanna give it a try ?

Used2use,
Reactions: NorVape

stinkytofus

I think, overtime, butane will be more costly than battery mods, but the hits i get from butane vapes are very potent, and has the potential to last forever given i dont break it

Electical corded vapes
External Battery vapes (only have to buy batteries)
Butane vapes (gota buy butane)
Internal battery vapes (batteries degrade eventually and u need to replace)

Imo these are in order of cost effectiveness

Last edited:
stinkytofus,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
In my experience the Vapman uses the least butane.

Using the vapman torch I went through a can and a half of butane in a year, probably averaging out to around 2 bowls a day.

(for torch powered vapes My experience is owning the Vapman, vapor genies, daisy, lily, peace, lotus, lithe vape, Vapcaps, Vapolution pocket vape, ubie and I just picked up a Vaponic this last week.)

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I'd say the Vapman.

Here's some words about it by René @vapman

energy efficiency was one of my main concerns when I created vapman! In my opinion, portable vaporizer should be energy efficient, who wants to heat for a long time and carry loads of batteries or gas when being on the road?

Vapman would win an efficiency contest, I am pretty much sure about this with well backed up reasons!

Energy efficiency depends mainly on the weight and material of the heated mass. The shape and system of the herb chamber is also a factor to be regarded. The heated mass on vapman is 2.2gr.(!) only, that includes the bowl, 3 tubes, 3 brackets and 3 screws. The bowl is made of copper (after silver the best heat conductor) and it's wok shape is the ideal shape for distributing the heat of a flame evenly and efficiently.

Vapman may be a bit more fragile than other vapes, this is the price of high efficiency!

This post may come across a bit cheeky but I know, I am not leaning too far out of the window. The laws of physics are unwavering on this subject and don't depend on opinions and trends.

Used2use

yes, know that - somehow i triggered that statement ;)
But it would be nice to see in real numbers how much difference there is - eg sticky bricks should be good too in that department (never used one though)

Used2use,

duff

Well worn
No real scientific research for me, but I regularly use a SBJ and VC and am about halfway through my first can of butane after roughly six months.

I paid $6 for the can at a local shop.

ghost

In my experience, the Sticky Brick. The vapor is instant. All the other butane vapes require heating up some sort of element first. Vapcap Ti is also very efficient. Those two are the most efficient, I would guess.

Least efficient...Supreme V3, though its definitely worth it IMO. I went through a can of butane in a year with all my other butane vapes combined. I went through a can in a month with the Supreme.

Used2use

sticky brick should really depend on the user technique - how much heat of the flame escapes unused...
vapcaps and vaponic like heating vapes are pretty bad as far as usage of the flame energy - vapman with its wok like shaped bowl is here much better (imo only butane vape that works in ANY outdoor contition).
but without numbers it's more speculation - it ain't about the cost obviously (papers are more expensive :D ) more like how long can u go on a trip with one filled torch

Used2use,

stinkytofus

Sticky brick i just press the flame, then move it to the glass and inhale 5 seconds, huge vapor lol

stinkytofus,

Used2use

inside the stickys should be great, but how do they perform outside? eg a cold windy mountain top...

Used2use,
Top Bottom