• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Chandler

I only have a Sneaky Pete globe right now, which feels a little small for the WS, so I have another piece from Sneaky Pete on the way (his Buzz Honeycomb bubbler).
I use the same bubbler. C150. Sneaky Pete just had a sale on those honeycomb bubblers. I was contemplating but didn't pull the trigger. Please let us know how well it pairs with your WS over the the globe

I use the same bubbler. C150. Sneaky Pete just had a sale on those honeycomb bubblers. I was contemplating but didn't pull the trigger. Please let us know how well it pairs with your WS over the the globe

I'm using it tonight for the first time. So far, I like it. It's a bit smaller than I thought it'd be now that I've seen it in person, but it's not the end of the world. The quality is definitely a step up from the globe, and I like the design a lot. The mouthpiece feels good, it hits nice. Definitely feels solid for the $55 I paid. It should be great with the Vapcaps as well.

I'll continue to test it and let you know if my feelings change at all. :)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, gosh it’s been a while and so much has happened. Gosh we moved late last month back to the country, moved the whole family, me/wife/6 kids dang near all our possessions, the 2 12'x24' workshops 45 miles away in just about 3 days in well over a dozen trips with 2 -3 truck beds loaded, a trailer loaded up behind my truck in just under 3 days. I worked my butt off planning the move for the biz, thing is if I am not working, we are not eating and that aint cool cause everyone in my family likes to eat lol. I can’t tell you how freaking smoothly it all went. I was freaking go go go from can to pushing past can’t making it happen from all I had within me. The shops went down the Thursday before the weekend move and were set back up operational 5 days from when they went down. Power was run, machines were set, and I was making man glitter like a mad man.

I can’t tell you all how thankful I am to be back in the country doing what I love where I love it most. I know its stupid hot and humid, but it is what it is and where I am at is my piece of paradise and no place I would rather be.

So, I have been busting my butt turning 2019 WS bodies and have been assembling them past week or so in between getting dealer orders out. Summers are slow for me, had it not been for all the dealers I have it could have been really tough. I was able to get a bunch of DV stuff out to Austria a bit back, have a great guy in Canada that I am so thankful for his patience and understanding while a freaking massive order was stuck in customs for over 3 months before getting it. Have another great guy in the UK that has been a pleasure to work with and a few more dealers in France I am so appreciative of.

Just recently I picked up another new dealer and am excited to tell you all that Sneaky Pete will be offering my work in DV accessories as well an exclusive WS species in Bocote.

Wood-Scents-Bocote-2019-Ed-s-Tn-T.png

These are a first for the WS, they are some of the most figured and unlike any other i have ever turned. I will be getting these out to Pete at the end of the month, anyone interested should get with him and secure it before they drop if he will let you. es getting more than just a few but don’t expect them to be in stock long.

I have just sold the last 2018 the other day and am really anxious to release these new models toward the end of the month. Have a couple more dealers I gotta get out the way, matching stems and wongs for the new units and all that photos and site jazz still to do between now and then.

Will have a lot of burl, a few loaded with curl, & several domestics. Even have a couple of Birdseye Maple with this amazing figure that I have only seen in that super rare Karelian Burl I had a bit back

Wood-Scents-Birdseye-2019-Ed-s-Tn-T.png

I need to do more research into what causes these light spots, I am just guessing but am thinking there is spalting taking place in it maybe. The other side of this has a few big golden Birdseye making these most beautiful I have ever seen or turned in it. I am really astounded by the finish and feel of these.

I have also been implementing a method for stabilizing the heater within the air path in the last batch of 18's and will be continuing to do so in the new model. I have gotten a sheet of thin titanium I am cutting into slivers to make shims and positioning them in the lower portion of the air path as a solution for the slight rattle that almost every WS has had in the past.

I am also working on a performance upgrade that I haven’t said anything about as I am not one to want to jinx it but have good feelings about it and have it out for testing. Hope sooner rather than later I can be able to make it happen and fingers crossed my guy tells me good news before soon.

I should have more walnut WS stands in next week if anyone is interested and would like to grab it with a new 2019.

I have turned a few Cocobolo, yall know I love that species and think these are some of the nicest I have done it

Wood-Scents-Cocobolo-2019-Ed-s-Tn-T.png

Not sure how many of you follow me at IG, know some do and hope if you don’t you will. Was a couple weeks ago I think Troy from 420VapeZone and Erik from Boundless did a dueling WS live stream, haha was neat seeing them both rocking there WS and blowing clouds. Troy was using a few various other stem configurations, Erik has a showstopper Cocobolo I did special for him, its two tone and one the white sapwood side there is a quarter sized heartwood dot peeping out at ya, it’s an eye catcher for real. Both guys were having a good time swapping techniques and advice, quite a few laughs. I grabbed a few screen shots and recorded the feed but can’t seem to find it atm, check it out Troy got cold cocked from a draw of the WS

IG-Screenshot-Ed-s-Tn-T.png

Seems I have found the video and am moving it around for better access I will try to post it here later.

I am shooting to have the new WS available and ready for purchase by the end of the month. I will have more info and a final date very soon after these next few days of giving it hell. Gotta make a showing before Friday and that will determine the dates.

@letter never sent Bro forgive me I know I got a PM from ya I gotta get back at to you, I hope you don’t feel I am forgetting ya. I am so glad to see you got a Cocobolo, I say it all the time it’s in my top 2 or 3 favorites to work. Those have so much life and flavor in em, I don’t see how anyone could not like it. And from what I have read of your posts I am glad you are enjoying it and appreciate it as you do, thanks. I am big believer in buttering the WS as often as possible, it can’t hurt and always adds that luster back to it. I make the wood stem and wood WPA where the tips are tight within em. Wood is wood and will even a dense species like Coco eventually wear and loose its fit. I’d rather em be tight than not. Put some bab on the tip orings and it will help slide the tip in. Yes, sir there have been many that have had tip fit issues, there isn’t a whole lot of material at the top of the air path and the tips are bout the same, it only takes a little either way to go either way. There has been guys mention taking some fine grit sandpaper and sanding out the inside of tips that are really tight, may take a bit of work but have had success. I have heard from others that they have removed the filter discs from the tip and the airpath and replacing them with a course mesh SS screen having great airflow and better performance.

Last edited:

little maggie

@JEMSKU Very I assure you pls pls stay tuned I am eager and anxious to share the news.

@little maggie Thank you maam, I am glad you like and gotta say you aint seen nothing yet. If you are over at IG I have a few sure fire stunners posted there and they only get better from each turn.
I don't use IG but I will start. I don't want to miss your new work. It's always so beautiful.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I don't use IG but I will start. I don't want to miss your new work. It's always so beautiful.
Omgosh you gotta get by there you are missing out, I am all over it sharing my work my shannagins and goings on as well as my wild and crazy dogs and cats lol, link to it is below in my sig.

Oh and btw have just started working with a great guy and WS user and have started a WoodScents Makes Sense group page at Facebook where others that have or have not, know or don't, want to and can, share and take part in spreading the word that is WoodScents! I will be posting up there where I have lacked in the past. I hope to see you all there.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I am also working on a performance upgrade that I haven’t said anything about as I am not one to want to jinx it but have good feelings about it and have it out for testing. Hope sooner rather than later I can be able to make it happen and fingers crossed my guy tells me good news before soon.

giphy.webp

This thing is crazy. I had some crumbs left over in my grinder and decided to give it a try. Had to be .01g max. It barely even covered the screen. Cranked the heat up to 10 and was able to get three hits with visible vapor through a bubbler. The first hit was quite nice too. Full disclosure: I did add a tiny pinch of kief from my grinder to top it off.

Here's a pic for scale. Just insane efficiency and effectiveness.

IMG-5025.jpg

Ramahs

This thing is crazy. I had some crumbs left over in my grinder and decided to give it a try. Had to be .01g max. It barely even covered the screen. Cranked the heat up to 10 and was able to get three hits with visible vapor through a bubbler. The first hit was quite nice too. Full disclosure: I did add a tiny pinch of kief from my grinder to top it off.

Here's a pic for scale. Just insane efficiency and effectiveness.

IMG-5025.jpg

That is one of the things I love most about these logs. You can literally vape a crumb!

Ramahs

Is there a functional advatage or purely aesthetic preference?

With the screen at the top of the tube it doesn't let me load as much in the bowl without squashing it down. Plus, for some reason I feel like I get a more even and thorough extraction this way...but that could be all in my head. I'm not sure.

Wow, this thing is a powerhouse.

Been getting massive rips through water tonight. Starting at 8.5 on the dial seems to be a sweet spot for my unit. I finish it off at 10.

I'm pretty blown away by the vapor output that's achievable using 0.05g or less. From a vape this compact and elegant. Microdosing king.

Side note - does anyone have some good cable management tips? One of my few nitpicks so far is the cord. It gets tangled easily and can become a bit unwieldy, especially with glass. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice if the cord was softer and more flexible.

Modicum

I never use water, it leaves some flavor behind . As far as micro dosing , the original Milaana was the greatest until I got my hands on my first WoodScents . It’s efficiency, vapor and taste bends the mind and in the end my piggy bank doesn’t take that big of a hit !

Top Bottom