Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Elbuort19

Here's a couple samples of one of my favorite woods...anyone care to guess? This leads me to ask what wood properties are required (if any) and/or most desired in a log vape? I'm guessing not too many people looking for pine.

Various%203D%20marcian%20masure%20birch%20burl%201_zpsqygknd1t.jpg

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Here's a couple samples of one of my favorite woods...anyone care to guess? This leads me to ask what wood properties are required (if any) and/or most desired in a log vape? I'm guessing not too many people looking for pine.

Various%203D%20marcian%20masure%20birch%20burl%201_zpsqygknd1t.jpg
Those appear to be resin cast/dyed Buckeye burls... very nice.

@NickDlow
Once upon a time stabilized woods were absolutely forbidden for log vapes, and still are for the most part for good reason, but I have discovered someone (leading world expert in the fields of wood & chemistry) who has developed a stabilization process from the ground up - it is not only food safe, but also non-toxic at very high temperatures, having a very high threshold for off-gassing at temps that the WoodScents log vape won't ever come close to reaching! This fabulous process also renders a superior, and much stronger, end product than standard old 20th century stabilization processes. This process of which I speak has been tried & proven for several years now, and is world renowned for it's incredibly beauty, quality, strength, durability, and safety. Stay tuned regarding the WoodScents - Ed and I have been working on this concept for a good long time now and stabilized betas are in the works for extensive testing.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good morning and thanks for all the posts, interest and enthusiasm! So picked up the boys yesterday afternoon, ran by the PO had a package to pick up from my guy in the UK, has been a long long time since I had this custard, when I was a young young boy at 4-5 I can remember being there and my grandmother would make me this awesome custard, was sweet and creamy, and when he and I began PMing back and forth I mentioned it and how neat it would be to get some for myself and to let my boys try it, some time went by and the weather got cooler, I also mentioned the chocolate bars I had there as well, so was really excited to get to the PO and hey custard, chocolate bars and even caramel waffers, how neat! My middle son said these are his new favorite chocolate and asked " Dad, how can we get more?", lol my youngest had Chocolate Flake all over the seat under him.

S7tFk6j.jpg

Very very cool and a big thanks out to my guy for the joy the boys all had!

So was out in the shop yesterday and last night cutting and chopping that big slab of Buckeye and even that Thuya Burl I got a ways back just for this project, so figured might as well go big for the debut or go home! There will be domestic species and then burls of 3 different flavors to sweeten the offering.

Thuya Burl

03oGZN3.jpg

Buckeye Burl and a couple blanks I just wanna give a go out at the end

34kMRMq.jpg

I know how many of you like your logs with voids and such so have several blocks that will have em here and there, these above blocks also vary in tones and heart to sap wood, some are half and half some are more so one way or another.

@Snappo Glad you like my man, thanks for dropping by!

@Reflections Thanks for the kind words and for the enthusiasm, going to be so much fun turning these burls, cant wait for you all to see whats to come!

@beach bum Thanks much, you know how we do!

@CarolKing Ohhh I like the Redwood too, thanks for thinking of me, nothing a couple shots from the dr to take care of the allergy, all was good and didnt miss out on the hunt, was so not going to let that happen!

@Baron23 Hey hey, been some time since those emails bout the work, gosh we had a blast on the trip was one I know ill remember til the day when I cant. You know you right, time spent with my boys is the best time ever and the most important, there is no other time that compares! Oh yeah being a southern boy am all about the outdoors, hunting fishing water skiing coming up camping getting down and dirty mud riding in the truck 4 wheeler dirt bike you name it we on it doing it til the wheels come off as hard as we can! Good luck on the opener so would like to hear how yall do, keep me in mind when you get back, if I dont see pics you didnt do a thing! Ohh my man I wear safety gear its a must, its just sometimes work tends to get the better of me when I least expect it. You cant do what I do all the time without getting a bump, cut or scrape here and there, you just wrap it up shake it off and keep on keeping on! I got ya and others as well, will do a straight stem no pinches for you all to adjust, seems yall like that go and so it shall be! Thanks for keeping an eye out on me bro, look to hear from you again soon!

@Gray Area Hang in there bro, I got ya and the stem too, wont be long!

@TheVaporist Yeah am anxious to find out what the dr says and if I am allergic to shellfish or not, so hoping not, if so it will suck guess Ill just have to eat more ribeyes and such! Glad you like what you read and see my man, hope you like even more the Thuya blanks, crazy how I was chopping it up last night getting ready to post this morning and you made your post just before mine, hmmm whoda thunk it!

Those Buckeye are the most stunning I've ever seen Ed! Really love the swirls of grey that are so prominent, never seen that shade with your burls before and feel like I must have it...

Likewise the body shape of that walnut is perfect, I like my logs like I like my ladies, with plenty of curves ;) If thats the standard shape its going to make it ever harder to choose!

And yeah the Ti implementation sounds neat, definitely helps you stand apart more, and should make it very light weight I imagine too? Look forward to seeing more progress here, good luck my man!

Elbuort19

Those appear to be resin cast/dyed Buckeye burls... very nice.

@NickDlow
Once upon a time stabilized woods were absolutely forbidden for log vapes, and still are for the most part for good reason, but I have discovered someone (leading world expert in the fields of wood & chemistry) who has developed a stabilization process from the ground up - it is not only food safe, but also non-toxic at very high temperatures, having a very high threshold for off-gassing at temps that the WoodScents log vape won't ever come close to reaching! This fabulous process also renders a superior, and much stronger, end product than standard old 20th century stabilization processes. This process of which I speak has been tried & proven for several years now, and is world renowned for it's incredibly beauty, quality, strength, durability, and safety. Stay tuned regarding the WoodScents - Ed and I have been working on this concept for a good long time now and stabilized betas are in the works for extensive testing.

They are all Marcian Masur Birch burl. I used the top right and bottom left on custom knives and pics don't do justice, very 3D and very mesmerizing! A log with those properties would be really trippy! I assume for the same reason composites like micarta, terotuf & G10 would also be a no go...? An indestructible terotuf log would be cool. lol

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Alright alright, now for a quick stop by, had a great few days past with the boys and with my girl, she came up and we grilled out, rrrrrr wild duck JapWraps, pork chops, smoked sausage, veggies and rolls, with a bnana bread she makes that they boys love!

YaZ3Rj4.jpg

Remember that burl I showed yall above, well just look what they turned into

Thuya Burl

NeFZt86.png

Buckeye Burl

TPVkfiq.png

Oh so much fun turning burl, takes a bit more time but so worth it in the end, the above piece has a really neat void in the upper valley of it, so cool how it worked out, I know some of you like voids so will post a pic of that later.

@Diggy Smalls Glad you like what you see and hope you like the end result! The thing with the Ti is that there is really no difference in performance between it and the SS. I feel you will find it to be a winner winner just being Ti cause its med grade.

@TheVaporist My man, hope you like what you see now and so appreciate the kind words!

@Aezhenn Ohhh you know how I do, thanks for all you do bro!

@CarolKing I so dig the Thuya, its alot of fun to work, its one of my favorite burls, take quite a bit of work, way more so than the BE, its very dense and shows the faintest line from sanding or turning, takes a poilsh so stinking well, I love it! The BE itself is very unique and I feel has more individual character than the Thuya simply by the varying tones, you gotta love burl!

@rosedale Omgosh I am really really trying, I just got word that after all the delays I am closer than I was a few days a go, it maybe the week before the big day but I so pray its sooner than that, one thing I know is anything great doesnt happen over night and never happens without hard work dedication and time.

@Elbuort19 I am glad Snappo posted up with his reply, thing is many stabilized pieces arent a great idea, they can be very toxic so I am not going to do any other than what Snappo has to offer and thats after we both do some testing to the piece I just turned from this remarkable process of stabilization that Snappo has explained above. Hang in there and will let you know how that comes out. As far as that goes here is what it looks like after I do my thing

iJDBrRs.jpg

I so hope that testing goes well, this is by far the most stable densest piece I have ever worked. I can assure you all this piece will be around for your lifetime, your kids lifetime and a piece that you can put in a time capsule long after the kids are gone. You can drop this piece, you can throw this piece you could freaking whack someone out with it and it still be kicking out vapor I have no doubts! Ahh I had no idea what that species is, its so hard to tell really what they are after they have been stained and stabilized in this process, I was going to guess BE have seen some similar to them but like I said its hard for me to be certain without seeing it in its natural form. I did a quick google and wha I saw didnt look good for either of the composites you mentioned. I have steared clear of these for the most part as have many other turners here for that fact but after reading and talking with Snappo about his found method I feel way more better about it and once we both do our testing we will go from there. I for the life of me cant remember what species the above piece is but think I wanna say its a maple burl, help me out Snappo!

@NickDlow Thanks always for stepping up and doing your thing, one thing is certain you know your logs bro!

@Snappo Thanks for the post, I saw the question asked over the weekend but didnt have time to reply and was wondering what to say, thankfully you said it all, well done and thanks for all you do for all of us, its fun doing what I do from what you do for everyone to enjoy what we love!

@Shit Snacks You know you right bro, its always been that my work has been so small that you really cant see all the detail in the pieces, now that the work is larger you can see what I see and really appreciate it. You gotta love a woman with curves and junk in the trunk rrrr, love my logs with detail and flavor, alot can be said by saying nothing at all but nothing like saying boom with this style for the WS launch! The Ti is really the only way to go, as far as weight, the WS doesnt weight that much anyway, the large upped cavity and the open bottom lower portion takes a whole lot of meat out of the body, aint no sense in having what you dont use or need right. Thanks bro, wont be much longer and we will all see!

@little maggie You have been hanging in there with me for oh so long and I know your situation ahead, dont sweat a thing I got you, I aint forgot ya and know I will do you right!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Snappo i wanna say you were right with the maple, for some reason wanna say you told me it was some sort of big leaf maple of some sort I wanna say I remember you said it had a 4 word name and walnut does not ring true nor was it anywhere similar to what I have worked or have tucked away in any walnut Burl, I strongly feel it's a maple.

herbivore21

@Ed's TnT holy shit! You did it man, you released a log! Lol I'm obviously quite late to the party here but it brightened up my day to see that you've finally brought a unit to market! :D I hope all is very well for you my friend!

Lol shit, I already made this post once before in this thread! Gotta love living with a neurological condition!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Yeah man those finished pieces look so awesome. I read into titanium and it seems to suffer less wear from hear than stainless steel. Combine it with the treatment the wood is undergoing and we should have functional art that stands the test of time.

We are getting more and more excited to see this finished so we can buy it from you! Help us out!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Look what thread I just found!! Congrats @Ed's TnT !!!! I haven't been on here much as I've started a new career and have had lots of other stuff going on, but checking in once in awhile when I can find time, this seriously made my day. Keep going hard, Ed! I'll shoot you a PM soon to catch up. You continue to push yourself and it's refreshing to see some people with ambition still out here.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good afternoon you all, wow I ve been busy with so much going on, I finally moved the wood shop to my new place Friday morning, it was a tough task. A few times were really iffy trying to figure how to get it on the trailer, I had thought it would be relatively easy but what I think it never goes as I would have thought

0DvtfQh.jpg

Getting it off the trailer was a different matter, it went off fairly quick, quicker than I would have liked lets put it that way, halfway off I didnt think it was going to stop, I was worried geez, it did stop then the lip of the trailer holding one of the skid ramps broke so it was teetering unevenly but with some quick thinking and much praying by myself it came to sit unscathed.

Dnek1S7.jpg

Did I mention this is 12'x24' and all we had was the trailer and a F250 to pull it!

TZ1hnHJ.jpg

Gosh I have so much work to do, neither the shop or the building have any power, the power company who are usually on the ball seem not to be all of a sudden so hope to get that hooked up the next day or two. Gotta do some building in the building and leveling out the shop before I can get some work done. Now its about to get serious.

Ok since my last long delayed post, all has been great, have the betas retrofitted and out with the Ti internals which are getting super great results. My boys are doing great, they are so ready for Christmas and I am so ready for them. My girl and I are doing really well, I met her daughter the other night, she wanted to fix her mom up really pretty for our date, we were doing my girls Bday at one of the finest restaurants in the city, the best freaking steak I have ever eaten there wowzers, so her daughter did a number on her and I surprised her daughter with a single red rose for doing her mom a solid, she was so excited at 13 she smiled so big and was blushing, was neat to meet her like that and do that for her, I had another single in the truck on the passenger side, when I opened the door for her there it was she smiled so big as well and turned red, hmmmm got me some points didnt I!

Pls forgive me you all for all the delays with my posts and the launch as well, I had so hoped to have released it by now and was so eager to do so and even gotten ahead of myself several times only to find out I dont know anything and being at the hands of others to rely on their work and so many changes has put me behind. There is just so much to put together and coordinate that I had no clue what all needed to be done and what all still needed to be got. Like tomorrow I have to get little small stickers for wrapping paper of stems and other what nots, I have get several hundred and have to put together the image and get with the sticker people and all that, geez havent I mentioned how badly I need a few clones before, sure could use em bout now. I must say that I am a hellova lot closer now than I was a month ago or even 2 months ago. I do feel certain that the release will be sooner rather than later and dont want to put a date on it since I have always been wrong but we are ohh so close!

@herbivore21 Lol bro I aint sweating ya, we are all good on the follow up post, I just figured you are as excited as I am my friend! So gotta love this piece, I am giddy with enthusiasm more than yall ever could be. Thanks again for stopping by brother you are a good guy and I hope you will let me know anytime you feel like doing a 3rd such post!

@Elbuort19 Thanks my man, I so dig burl pieces, the Thuya is off the hook, the Buckeye is a beauty but takes a whole lot more work, its very soft and seems to have a way of loosing up on the lathe many times before its done.

@KeroZen Lol Good eye bro, I tend to get caught holding the bag not the crap, better to have it in a sack, lol good call!

@Diggy Smalls Thats my purpose bro to build a log that will outlive any one owner, a piece that can be handed down to the next, its going to be a proper piece my friend. Pls pls hang in there with me, you all dont know how ready I am to get these out, I am up to my neck in cash invested and even had to barrow some to get the finals, Im well in over several $K's, I so need some return that and my girl needs a new pair a shoes lol! We going to get there soon enough!

@KidFated. Wow brother its been a long time, I hope all is well and youve still been fishing, would like to hear how your year has gone surely you have wet some hooks, hope that new career hasnt kept you out of the water! I sure appreciate the kind words, you and everyone else here are who have fueled my passion and drive to do what I do, I gotta thank you all the most! I am glad you stopped by and thank you for your enthusiasm! Youre my solid and by all means holla at me anytime, you know I got you!

@Aezhenn Woot woot, glad you popped in as well bro, I got you that coming out tomorrow my man, I hope you find it to be some inspiration for you and your future, you are a true woodsman yourself and I know our guy there will be a big part of your future as he has been in my past, wish you the best!

@little maggie Ohhh how I got you darling, just you wait, you will know beauty first hand!

@TheVaporist No way bro, I am no one special I just do what I do and and am blessed to be able to! I feel the stabilized pieces are going to be the icing on the cake, they are going to make some of the most durable longest lasting pieces ever! Yes the design I have is a good one, the Ti is even better, they way I am doing things far surpasses the past and the stabilized will outlive you, the one you hand it down to and the one they hand it down to, its a winner winner!

@hoyo77 Hey hey, gosh its been a while out of you as well, hope all is good for you! Yeah yeah I know stupid Ed what a jerk he had to go and make one of these ughhhhhh!!!! Lol, forgive me, I just had to go and throw a wrench in so many people lives and just act a fool and turn something like these, I know I know, I stink but hey everybody needs some of my wood in their lives lol! At least you can put the VAS aside for a few more weeks but after that its no holds barred, going to be some showstopper trophy pieces while they last!

As I said, pls everyone forgive me, you all know that I have never stayed away this long without making a post but with so much going one all I had time for was to stop by see a post and hit a like button, we going to get there for sure, like that little train that said "I think I can, I think I can" I am saying "I know I can, I know I will" I keep putting one foot in front of the other lean forward and momentum will carry me along!

hoyo77

Good afternoon you all, wow I ve been busy with so much going on, I finally moved the wood shop to my new place Friday morning, it was a tough task. A few times were really iffy trying to figure how to get it on the trailer, I had thought it would be relatively easy but what I think it never goes as I would have thought

0DvtfQh.jpg

Getting it off the trailer was a different matter, it went off fairly quick, quicker than I would have liked lets put it that way, halfway off I didnt think it was going to stop, I was worried geez, it did stop then the lip of the trailer holding one of the skid ramps broke so it was teetering unevenly but with some quick thinking and much praying by myself it came to sit unscathed.

Dnek1S7.jpg

Did I mention this is 12'x24' and all we had was the trailer and a F250 to pull it!

TZ1hnHJ.jpg

Gosh I have so much work to do, neither the shop or the building have any power, the power company who are usually on the ball seem not to be all of a sudden so hope to get that hooked up the next day or two. Gotta do some building in the building and leveling out the shop before I can get some work done. Now its about to get serious.

Ok since my last long delayed post, all has been great, have the betas retrofitted and out with the Ti internals which are getting super great results. My boys are doing great, they are so ready for Christmas and I am so ready for them. My girl and I are doing really well, I met her daughter the other night, she wanted to fix her mom up really pretty for our date, we were doing my girls Bday at one of the finest restaurants in the city, the best freaking steak I have ever eaten there wowzers, so her daughter did a number on her and I surprised her daughter with a single red rose for doing her mom a solid, she was so excited at 13 she smiled so big and was blushing, was neat to meet her like that and do that for her, I had another single in the truck on the passenger side, when I opened the door for her there it was she smiled so big as well and turned red, hmmmm got me some points didnt I!

Pls forgive me you all for all the delays with my posts and the launch as well, I had so hoped to have released it by now and was so eager to do so and even gotten ahead of myself several times only to find out I dont know anything and being at the hands of others to rely on their work and so many changes has put me behind. There is just so much to put together and coordinate that I had no clue what all needed to be done and what all still needed to be got. Like tomorrow I have to get little small stickers for wrapping paper of stems and other what nots, I have get several hundred and have to put together the image and get with the sticker people and all that, geez havent I mentioned how badly I need a few clones before, sure could use em bout now. I must say that I am a hellova lot closer now than I was a month ago or even 2 months ago. I do feel certain that the release will be sooner rather than later and dont want to put a date on it since I have always been wrong but we are ohh so close!

@herbivore21 Lol bro I aint sweating ya, we are all good on the follow up post, I just figured you are as excited as I am my friend! So gotta love this piece, I am giddy with enthusiasm more than yall ever could be. Thanks again for stopping by brother you are a good guy and I hope you will let me know anytime you feel like doing a 3rd such post!

@Elbuort19 Thanks my man, I so dig burl pieces, the Thuya is off the hook, the Buckeye is a beauty but takes a whole lot more work, its very soft and seems to have a way of loosing up on the lathe many times before its done.

@KeroZen Lol Good eye bro, I tend to get caught holding the bag not the crap, better to have it in a sack, lol good call!

@Diggy Smalls Thats my purpose bro to build a log that will outlive any one owner, a piece that can be handed down to the next, its going to be a proper piece my friend. Pls pls hang in there with me, you all dont know how ready I am to get these out, I am up to my neck in cash invested and even had to barrow some to get the finals, Im well in over several $K's, I so need some return that and my girl needs a new pair a shoes lol! We going to get there soon enough!

@KidFated. Wow brother its been a long time, I hope all is well and youve still been fishing, would like to hear how your year has gone surely you have wet some hooks, hope that new career hasnt kept you out of the water! I sure appreciate the kind words, you and everyone else here are who have fueled my passion and drive to do what I do, I gotta thank you all the most! I am glad you stopped by and thank you for your enthusiasm! Youre my solid and by all means holla at me anytime, you know I got you!

@Aezhenn Woot woot, glad you popped in as well bro, I got you that coming out tomorrow my man, I hope you find it to be some inspiration for you and your future, you are a true woodsman yourself and I know our guy there will be a big part of your future as he has been in my past, wish you the best!

@little maggie Ohhh how I got you darling, just you wait, you will know beauty first hand!

@TheVaporist No way bro, I am no one special I just do what I do and and am blessed to be able to! I feel the stabilized pieces are going to be the icing on the cake, they are going to make some of the most durable longest lasting pieces ever! Yes the design I have is a good one, the Ti is even better, they way I am doing things far surpasses the past and the stabilized will outlive you, the one you hand it down to and the one they hand it down to, its a winner winner!

@hoyo77 Hey hey, gosh its been a while out of you as well, hope all is good for you! Yeah yeah I know stupid Ed what a jerk he had to go and make one of these ughhhhhh!!!! Lol, forgive me, I just had to go and throw a wrench in so many people lives and just act a fool and turn something like these, I know I know, I stink but hey everybody needs some of my wood in their lives lol! At least you can put the VAS aside for a few more weeks but after that its no holds barred, going to be some showstopper trophy pieces while they last!

As I said, pls everyone forgive me, you all know that I have never stayed away this long without making a post but with so much going one all I had time for was to stop by see a post and hit a like button, we going to get there for sure, like that little train that said "I think I can, I think I can" I am saying "I know I can, I know I will" I keep putting one foot in front of the other lean forward and momentum will carry me along!
You know you got at least one sold here!!!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Glad that your business is settled @Ed's TnT without too much damage. I had been hoping to be able to order a xmas log vape for the holidays. Well I guess maybe more like a valentine present to myself I hope. I understand not being nailed down to a date when you launch these babies of yours. I think a lot of vaporizer manufacturers do that, then disappoint a lot of future customers. Plus that really puts a lot of pressure on your shoulders since you are a small business with limited employees.

I will be ready to order a thuya burl whenever they are ready to go out the door. I will buy some extra stems for my Solo too. I've been curious about a couple of your new glass pieces. I may also order a matching wooden thuya burl stem too.

Top Bottom