• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don’t know enough about electrical things to say yay or nay, but that’s way more money that I was thinking for woodscents portability.

Well, given current battery technology, I would expect to have to pay at least a hundred or two for anything large enough to last. Hell, and that would be at the lower end of the price spectrum.

That's why I don't have one. lol

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I've had the WoodScents variable voltage power supply for a week now.
This was a good upgrade for me. I was working ok with the dial but this is much easier for me to read and now I have an exact spot to set to when I like.
I have my EDs on a timer so it comes on for several hours a day. I have the aromatherapy cup on most of the time. The lowest I can get it with new power supply is 9.67. That is where I leave it most of the day. When I am ready to vape I turn it up. The dial is very sensitive so it only takes about a 1/4 turn.
The plug that connects into my log had a fairly loose connection. This was easily solved by using the extender cord from the dial set up to plug into the log and then into the new power supplies cord.

I'm happy with this.
My name is Hugh Jundys and my TNT number is 11.4

LesPlenty

Company Rep
You will love it, I have been enjoying the higher voltage for grinder pollen but have really been enjoying the flavor of really low volt rips, try 10.5 volts on your herb, then stick on the cap and heat to click to finish the load(if you do not have another WS set on 12.1v), yum!

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
I do love it! This thing was the final piece of the WS puzzle for making probably the most complete vape set up on the market.

So, at first I was a little wiggly with it. The sticker was a bit loose and the screen is set in at a slight angle and I was worried something was jostled during shipping despite Ed's obvious care in packing it. However, nothing was wrong. Just some aesthetic stuff that a growed up can get over.

The dial is VERY sensitive and took some getting used to. I'd recommend to everyone to be very careful. I'm going to try to brainstorm a way to limit it to like 13.7 or something like that because I do worry about accidentally bumping it up to more than the WS should handle. I'm thinking something physical to stop movement but no idea how to do that.

So, I love this thing the adjustability was the only thing missing from the WS. Being able to dial in a perfect setting easily and assuredly helps on a strain-to-strain basis and especially for concentrates, hash, etc. My glass is milkier than it ever has been and there is much more potential for experimentation than before. Really, this is necessary for any current owner if they want their unit at 100% rather than like 90%. Don't get me wrong, the standard power supply does the trick and offers a lot from like 7-10.

I've played with settings between 11.5 and 13.2 since yesterday. The WS was already amazing with flavour, but at the lower settings it is truly next level. It takes 2 or 3 pulls to get everything out of a mid sized load. At the higher 12s you can rip that so hard it is gone in one hit no questions asked. For those rocking it through water, this is unreal. The heater is powerful and this brings forward the flexibility that I like. Honestly, the Flowerpot will be put on the shelf alongside the Crafty for a sort of semi-retirement of a few weekends.

So, in summation, this rules. Great purchase. I have a few wonky ideas for improvements but they're minor - like a wooden faceplate rather than the sticker. That would look baller.

@LesPlenty that is an amazing idea and I will totally play with the PSM alongside the log tonight.

noel

I've had the WoodScents variable voltage power supply for a week now.
This was a good upgrade for me. I was working ok with the dial but this is much easier for me to read and now I have an exact spot to set to when I like.
I have my EDs on a timer so it comes on for several hours a day. I have the aromatherapy cup on most of the time. The lowest I can get it with new power supply is 9.67. That is where I leave it most of the day. When I am ready to vape I turn it up. The dial is very sensitive so it only takes about a 1/4 turn.
The plug that connects into my log had a fairly loose connection. This was easily solved by using the extender cord from the dial set up to plug into the log and then into the new power supplies cord.

I'm happy with this.
My name is Hugh Jundys and my TNT number is 11.4
hello sir
I have a really long 100ft extension cable. That's about as good as I've been able to come up with :shrug:
hello sir
my vvps has 2,5 amps

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Had what was to me a super confusing experience last night. Went to use my woodscents with a different vapcap than normal, and it didn’t fit!

Till now I had always used the titanium tip it came with, with great results. This was a 2018 stainless tip I had bought to keep on the end of a water wand.

I had no idea the inner diameter of the vapcaps was different for different metals? Or did I just get a dud? What’s weird is the cap fits the same on both, so the outer diameter must be close than the inner diameter.

I was able to sort of get enough of a seal to make it work, but it was definitely a less enjoyable experience. Anyone else experience this?

London Vaper

Hi i have been informed we now have the certificate to ship to uk? Can tgis be confirmed before i place an order please. Also how long would someone estimate delivery to London, UK would take?

To me this looks like a cross between my two favourite vaporizers the Arizers & Vapcaps.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello everyone, yall know me been hard at it in the shop. Last weekend was the wife and mine first wedding anniversary, woot woot, got one great year behind us and many ahead. We didnt do anything wild and extravagant, had a nice lunch out, spent some time at a book fair and got some parts for my duck boat blind at home depot. We had time together just her and I which we dont have that often. Lane spent the day the boys at their moms which gave us some time together. We arent a wild and crazy pair and dont have to do anything extravagant and extraordinary. Dont get me wrong we can get wild and crazy but dont take much for us to enjoy our time together. Wife says we are just like an old couple, we are in bed early, laugh at the same old commercials, and get excited to see the leaves change when we drive through the country holding hands. I am very thankful to have her in my life and know how lucky I am. Lane is getting so big, hes a little over 4 months now and what a chunky monkey he is. Haha like the commercial when the couple has the first baby its doing everything by the book then the more you have the farther from the book you get. He had that stomach thing with the formula til we got him right, hes been on the premie stuff for a while and has really packed on the weight, hes not fat but does have a little extra meat on those cheeks. Gosh he is just so long and the toes and fingers of his has gotten even longer. He is such a happy baby. We have been feeding him baby food for the last few weeks. We will give him as much as he will eat bout 6pm or so, top him off with a bottle and then its off to bed he goes. With a full belly he will sleep almost 12 hours, ohhh yeah thats right what a night of rest we get as well. Hes been taking showers with me for a couple months now, is just easier for us all for me to get in there wife hands him off to me I sud him up with the baby soap and lather him all over then give him a good rinse then hes handed back off to mom quickly dried and clothed and everyone is happy. Gosh ya forget how beautiful a new baby smells and the baby shampoo afterwards how fresh and clean he is, I am grinning now thinking about him. He has been finding his little feet more and more and anytime he is on his back he has his hands grabbing em and you all know where they go then, like everything else to the mouth lol. Yeah yeah I know I have gone off bout the wife and son but hey I cant help myself. My oldest will be 17 next month, my 9 year old will be 10 Tuesday and my 14 year old 15 first of the year. Saw Michael Franti and Spearhead last night with Victoria Canal last night and omgosh what a show. There was a couple of kids there the boy was 9 and his sister maybe 12, from Panama City, FL. MF brought the boy up on stage, none of us knew who they were or his story but the kid sang the entire song like a champ. MF began telling his story, the kids just lost their mom in hurricane Michael, and not sure if they were here on evacuation or not but the boy held it together and I bet every person in there teared up, was awful hard for me not to having my oldest son there with me holding him close and tight. Gosh yall we are all so blessed and pls pls check out my IG posts you will see the time we had last night, what a blast!

Got a short order of stems out to a new dealer in Spain/THGrow, got a load of Milaana stems headed out to VapeFiend in the UK first of the week. They will be offering them in Walnut exclusively. Spent some time yesterday blanking out for WS, going to have some more show stoppers available soon. Had a great guy get with me inquiring about a Walnut with some figure and maybe a void and maybe even some live edge, told him I wasnt so sure about what I have but will give it a try, just so happens I got a little of all that he wanted in this piece I just have to assemble it

2018-10-08-12-33-34-1.jpg

I am a little concerned about the size of the void on the upper end but feel I can make it work.

2018-10-08-12-33-19-1.jpg

Really hope this piece makes it as my guy is super excited to have it in hand, I am more anxious than he is to hear what he thinks of it.

Have really been enjoying the WoodScents Glass Tip Stem, being 4"L and thick walled just adds to the experience and really gives a mellow smooth feel to the vapor.

2018-10-18-17-53-14.jpg

Even working on some new glass ideas for the WS. A new different WPA and also maybe some color in the Tip Stem so keep an eye out.

Koa-WS-Blanks.jpg

How bout these Hawaiian Koa WS blanks, have a little curl mixed in with the honey tones and golden browns, these are going to be super nice.

Heres another Big Leaf Maple Burl WS body

2018-10-16-08-59-59.jpg

I love what I do, nothing better than getting a blank you know has some beauty in it but isnt so easy to see from the raw outside, then ya turn it a little true it up and start to see whats inside and the more ya turn the more it takes shape and at the very end I sand it sleek then hit it hard with butter til it POPS, just doesnt get any better than that. Even have this live edge BuckEye Burl Package ready to go if anyone is interested its live at the site
Buck-Eye-Burl-Live-Edge-Wood-Scents-Ed-s-Tn-T.png

@pxl_jockey My man I appreciate you always coming by and mentioning the atmosphere here, FC is a great place and all my threads are a pleasure to be in and share with you all. I cant say it enough how FC has been a major big time blessing for me and the biz and my family. I thank you all for making me feel like family here and love sharing my life with you all. I gotta tell you it has been a blast doing this work for you and am super excited to get your piece worked up next week and give it a go. I will let you know how it finishes out soon.

@sixstringsmash brother I like the way you think, everyone should get a WS and nothing better than having one of each specie! Haha 100' oughta get you far enough out there hehehe well done.

@szai I wish I could help you there bro.

@Ramahs and @-dab8- I am sorry I dont know anything about battery packs but @KidFated. am sure does and hope his post has helped, thanks @KidFated. for your advice bro. Ohh just wait til you see what I wanna do with the VVPS.

@HughJundys Hahah I like this that you said "I'm happy with this. My name is Hugh Jundys and my TNT number is 11.4" sounds like your sleep # setting hahaha. I am glad you are liking it and have found your #, youre the man!

@Slagzord Hahah it does go past 11! I am so glad you are enjoying the VVPS and appreciate your findings. Yes sir I have torn one apart and wanted to put a limiter on it but dont see how to do that without tearing it apart and doing some extensive work. I have been thinking of vvps for a long long time years now in fact and have some great ideas just need some more machinery but when I do you all better look out, I have some great stuff in mind. I have been eyeing a piece of machinery that will set me back about $2K initially that will be a great help in the shop and open so many doors to me that I will be able to bring new ideas to life and so many wonderful items to market. Its just like anything else really, nothing great happens over night but will dang sure not take me as long as it did to make my own log vape. Hang in there with me bro.

@London Vaper No sir not quite just yet, thanks for the interest and inquiry, hoping to be able to get the CE sooner rather than later. Believe me I wanna make this happen ASAP.

I hope I have covered everything you all, have been all over FC this AM, wish you all the best this weekend and if there is anything I didnt or can pls let me know.

szai

I too have had some concern with using a vvps that some of you have had. I ordered this during the UD sale and have really enjoyed using it along with my eBay vvps. It has a Max of 15 volts but I use it in between the vvps so I don't accidentally go over volts with the vvps.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I’m curious about battery packs with this also.
I use this;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-2A-L...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have used it in my car with this;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12-Volt...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have even used my Makita 18v lithium batteries to run it.
The output voltage stays where you set it even as whatever battery you have hooked to it drops voltage.
a set of these help to hook it up, no soldering needed;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pair-12V-...m=222802058870&_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use this vvps with any battery;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-2A-LCD-Mini-DC-Power-Supply-USB-Step-Down-Converter-24V-To-1-20V-Adjustable/282654736318?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648
You just set the voltage you want and it stays there, even as the battery voltage drops, I have used it in my car with;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12-Volt-DC-2-1mm-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Power-Plug-Cord-Adapter-Cable-New/382467076573?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I have even used it with my Makita 18v powertool batteries, the 19v outlet on power tanks work greart too.
I have the following and I am working out the details for a wearable WS;

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I ordered my 2 glass stems and temp gauge just over the weekend and received them today. Wow that was quick! I really like the new thick walled glass stems for the ti tip. Ed, thank you for making them available to us. I’ve been using my WS including the glass stem with some Gorilla Glue. It’s working and tasting awesome.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello, wow have had a good week and even better weekend so far. Got some work done in the shop and spent a couple days on the PC finalizing orders. Got a large one I gotta get turning on this week for VapoShop, been a bit since I did some work for them and gosh they hit me hard. I like these kinds of orders though, yeah I am a bit overwhelmed but like the pressure. I finished up the blind frame on my boat with one of my sons yesterday for upcoming duck season, we are almost done with it and I cant tell who is more anxious and excited him or I to get out there and bring home fresh vittles. We carved pumpkins yesterday and had a blast, the wife and I did this one

2018-10-27-19-19-27.jpg

Omgosh Lane is getting so big yall, he will be 5 months old in bout a week, he is such a busy body he is always on the go kicking and swing his arms on his back and in my arms. He rolled over for the first time yesterday but hasnt liked tummy time so when he realized he was on his belly needless to say he wasnt excited about that and couldnt roll over to his back lol. Is bout time for him to get a tooth, has been getting his onesies awful wet with drool but hey making teeth aint easy so we deal with it and keep on keeping on.

Can you believe after the long long hot summer we have had one day last week it was 37 when I walked out to the shop one morning, holy cow yall its starting to feel alot like winter is coming and what a great time of year.

Turned another show stopper Cocobolo WS along with many other species

2018-10-23-10-50-12.jpg

There is so many vibrant colors in this piece and as you all know its so hard to really capture them all. The reds and oranges in this piece are striking among the black lines and lighter tones WOW I wish you all could see this in hand.

Got a load of amazing birdseye maple in yesterday and like I said above I wish you all could see what I see in hand. There are alot of eyes in these pieces and even looks like spalting how the grain bout half and half is darker almost grey, wow these will be beauties

2018-10-27-12-19.jpg

Even have a load of Tasmanian Huon Pine coming from a great friend who has been searching for a reputable dealer in his part of the world. Gotta give it to him for bulldogging it for me and finding such great wood with this much history.

Remember I have done a giveaway fundraiser for Make a Wish in the past well I have been working on a piece of BogOak for a WS that I have been trying my hand at gilding and have been adding 24K silver leaf to it. I will be starting this in the next week or two and hope you will make this a successful event and help me raise a bunch of money for the kids at this time of year and take a chance at a one of a kind WS like no other.

Got a busy week ahead and got something cooking I am eager to do more research on, going to be alot of fun in the future I assure you.

@szai I know its sensitive so I have been leaving mine unplugged from the unit turning it on and setting the voltage then plugging it in to the WS, works best for me but can bump it either way with my fingers just do it slowly is all. I think you posted the wrong link bro.

@CarolKing Thanks much for the order and glad they made it so quickly. Yeah I should have had the electronic parts up a long time ago but seems I always forgot and got busy with other things. So glad you like them they are a great ddition to the package and just add even more vlaue to what all you get with a WS, who else does that? GG sounds fun!

@LesPlenty Bro I appreciate you stepping up and sharing what and how you do with all that, you are a great help. A wearable WoodScents?

@ChocolateMonk What @szai posted will do ya, the link anyway.

@Ramahs Yeah I think he posted the @szai posted the wrong link.

Gotta run yall got orders I gotta fill and a ride through the country this evening with the wife, we like seeing the leaves change and fall coming, wish you all the best!

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@Slagzord @HughJundys -
Thank you for sharing your experiences-and have been strongly considering getting a timer set up for my desktops, and hearing how it is working out for another is very helpful!
Great to know this will work with Trad. Hash- have been hoping to have a vape in my quiver and tackle that!

@Ed's TnT
I love the unique you just finished and if I wasn't so much of a klutz, I would strongly consider getting it as a second! Thank you for all your work- I'll be staying tuned!

Top Bottom