• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

sixstringsmash

So I had a sad and tragic turn of events happen to me this past week. It all started with my dog running amok and my WS cable dangling from my desk. Suffice to say a dog tangled in a cable sends my precious unit crashing to the floor :mad: Thankfully the unit survived intact but one of the screws in the inner plate came loose and may have stripped or something because I was not able to screw it back in despite my best efforts.

Don't cry for me yet guys, we have a happy ending here! I contacted Ed about my little dilemma and Ed being the great guy he is offered to fix my unit for nothing at all, just send it in and he'll send it right back, simple as that! My unit arrived to him this week so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy my precious by sometime next week. Now that's what I call customer service!

Well if this whole experience has taught me anything, it's that two is one and one is none, so I have decided to get a second Woodscents! Just put an order on a crazy looking Spalted Maple Burl block, cannot wait to see what Ed's going to be able to do with this one.

s-l1600.jpg

bl1080-4.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
So I had a sad and tragic turn of events happen to me this past week. It all started with my dog running amok and my WS cable dangling from my desk. Suffice to say a dog tangled in a cable sends my precious unit crashing to the floor :mad: Thankfully the unit survived intact but one of the screws in the inner plate came loose and may have stripped or something because I was not able to screw it back in despite my best efforts.

Don't cry for me yet guys, we have a happy ending here! I contacted Ed about my little dilemma and Ed being the great guy he is offered to fix my unit for nothing at all, just send it in and he'll send it right back, simple as that! My unit arrived to him this week so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy my precious by sometime next week. Now that's what I call customer service!

Well if this whole experience has taught me anything, it's that two is one and one is none, so I have decided to get a second Woodscents! Just put an order on a crazy looking Spalted Maple Burl block, cannot wait to see what Ed's going to be able to do with this one.

s-l1600.jpg

bl1080-4.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Damn Ed, can you stop being so FUCKING COOL for like 5 minutes?!

That’s some great looking wood ;) RAWR!

Glad you were able to get your WS worked on. I’m literally waiting by the mailbox on mine.

I actually became interested in them when I found out about them after getting into the DynaVap scene. I grabbed a few of the (OmniVap) wood bodies and learned to appreciate the material. It was weird tho I instantly became fascinated with it so I think I am really gonna appreciate Ed’s functional piece of art.

How long have you had yours for?? And do you mostly run straight or WPA??

sixstringsmash

How long have you had yours for?? And do you mostly run straight or WPA??

I've had my unit for over a year now, was lucky to get in on the first batch of WS units when they first released and it's been my daily driver since. I'll usually run it dry when I'm micro-dosing throughout the daytime but once I'm done with work and all responsibilities are gone I tend to fill what water pipe up and let er' rip!

I've had my unit for over a year now, was lucky to get in on the first batch of WS units when they first released and it's been my daily driver since. I'll usually run it dry when I'm micro-dosing throughout the daytime but once I'm done with work and all responsibilities are gone I tend to fill what water pipe up and let er' rip!

So you’ve definitely been around it then lol
Yeah the micro-Dosing is great with these units, I find myself puffing much more for fun/taste really.

GLASS - That’s what I’m saying man!! I’ve been watching YouTube videos on milking bongs up with the WPA just to hold me off *scratches neck*

LazyVaper

... but one of the screws in the inner plate came loose and may have stripped or something because I was not able to screw it back in despite my best efforts.

Just out of curiosity, Ed, how do you plan to fix that? I'm thinking you could fill the screw hole with wood glue and toothpick fragments? Or maybe make a filler paste with wood glue and sawdust? Wood Bondo?

(I recently learned of the wood glue and tooth pick trick for filling door bracket screw holes that have been stripped out, so wondering if that might apply here as well. Geeking out on wood repair!)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
WOW WOW, holy cow, I can’t tell you how thankful I am to everyone that got in on the back to biz sale and 2018 model release. Sales were stellar and am sure not going to have a problem buying diapers this week lol. I really enjoyed being back in the shop these past few weeks and that time has stoked my fire even more. I even took some of the dough from the sale and bought insulation, the wife had been putting back some as well and surprised me with enough cash for a big boy 15K AC for the rough shop. Gets awful hot down here, by noon to mid day it will be at least 106-8 and climbing by the end of the day. I don't get back in there after lunch. I got all that hung this week and AC installed Thursday. It makes such a difference being that big, blows super cold and doesn’t have to work so hard to keep it cold, so anxious to get to work out there. I have a dealer order in Berlin I gotta knock out this week and a Canada dealer to get out the week after, have a bunch of WS blanks that need turning the week after and even a couple newer species and even a new burl species, that’s right I said it BURL, keep an eye out and hey still have a few WS still in stock and ready to go!

Did just find out the other day that when I thought my newborn son just wanted to be heard every day there was something to it other than that. He didn't do it all the time but at some point, during a day he would get so upset and just cry and yell for about an hour or two. Didn't think much about it as the wife has been breast feeding and he wasn't running fever or coughing or anything like that. We took him to the dr Monday and found out that he probably is lactose intolerant. Since she quit nursing him and been giving him lactose free formula, he has been a different boy, cool calm and collected. Don’t get me wrong he still has his moments but they are short lived, and he settles quick. Someone said oh that’s terrible he can’t have ice cream and the like, but if you think about it being so small and never having it he will not know what he is missing right. Hey, it aint the end of the world and won’t kill him so all will be good.

Wife and I are having date night tonight, first one since having Lane, just be a few hours out but be good for us both. I so enjoy doing dinner with her, looking across the table at her beautiful smile, reaching across holding her hand, even looking for her foot under the table. Woot woot we going to have a good time!

@Megaton Not just yet my man, maybe next time. My guy has been in touch with a firm that is going to help us get it and have nailed down the cost just gotta get the time and make it happen. My guy has his hands full just as much as I if not more and having him work with me to save bout $8500 is going to take extra time is all. Pls hang in there with me some more.

@LesPlenty Glad you got in on it and looking to hear what you think, post up bro lets see pics.

@warren0728 Omgosh bro, am so all over those sounds, gotta love the mule! Just missed the Devon Allman project here last week, so wanted to go but couldnt make it happen. Just saw we got Robert Earl Keen be here in Sept as well as Chris Robinson Brotherhood same month. Super excited to see MKB again next month. My guy said that TTB had been working with MK on his performance issues and making him more comfortable. Have been following them both on IG and seeing him with the heavies on stage is very cool. Bro you ever get my way be neat to do a show with ya! BTW WoodScents rules!!!

@KidFated. Oh my man, I know how you like Cocobolo! Say what, OHHH HELL YEAH, so glad you found it and how bout dat. Holla at me anytime bro.

@HughJundys Come on man, dont be like that, I aint twisting your arm am I lol. That song yeah is pretty weird. Lol thanks for forwarding that message on haha.

@Alexis Woot woot, I would so like to see the 100th anniversary lol, what a hella sale that would be!

@Modicum Wow I read this "This thing can slam you like an 18 Wheeler or kiss you like a butterfly. The choice is all mine." not long after you posted it and it has stuck in my head since. You nailed it and am so happy you have been enjoying it. Mother Nature does all the hard work, I love getting to do mine, its a joy on my end! Post up bro, I wanna see that beauty again. I typically push the screen back about a 1/2" and load that, is really plenty for me at that depth.

@Mr. Gusto Himself I am glad you like it, Cali Redwood has always been a favorite of mine, BTW its my unit in the shop. Haha just doing what I do and being who I am bro, cant stop bad grass! That burl chunk is madness my man, thats when what I do gets super fun! Glad it made it in and is working out for you, like I have said to others you gotta post pics, wanna see more.

@lazylathe Yes sir I feel that what @sixstringsmash a VVPS would be a good idea for you. Let me know what you grab and how it works out for you pls sir.

@sixstringsmash Nice find there at Amazon, I have heard of a couple others using one like that if not the same. Not a bad price either. Bro yeah was not cool to hear what happened but as you said you know I got you on the repair. I got it in hand yesterday, my oldest went by the metal shop and grabbed it. Will be headed out to the shop shortly for a little work and will get you fixed up and turned around back to you Monday. Ohhhh I cant tell you how freaking excited I am to get that burl chunk in hand and see what kind of treasure we can turn out of it. I am going to do my best to work in some of those gnarly live edge burls somewhere on the unit, thinking maybe at the top, cant say for certain this maybe a one off like no other. Thanks for letting me do this for ya. Haha let er' rip tater chip!

@LazyVaper Haha yes sir thats a neat trick for filling those worn out screw holes, have even turned a dowel a little over, hammer in the hole and youre good to go again. Glue is just something I try to steer away from whenever possible, especially within the unit and near electronics and heat, just not a good idea. I am using a bit longer screw now, the other ones I was werent quite long enough to go all the way through the dividing wall so what I will do is remove all the screws slightly turn the air path and then install new longer screws making it even more secure. I only use glue on the exterior when doing inlay and its a latex water based adhesive where I only use a thin amount.

Alright yall, like I said I know there are a bunch more WS out there, sure would like to see more of em. Gotta split gots work to do and dinner with the wife, no offense but much rather do time with her than anything else. Take care you all!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Good to hear all is going well!
Got my tracking info the other day, so it must be getting closer.:tup:
I noticed you said something about the 2018 model release, what is different on the 2018 model and did I get it?

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good to hear all is going well!
Got my tracking info the other day, so it must be getting closer.:tup:
I noticed you said something about the 2018 model release, what is different on the 2018 model and did I get it?

Thanks, I shipped a couple that way and one is showing there now so yours maybe also. Yes sir you got it, the only difference is the body style. I am going to change it each year to shake things up a bit, you are all good.

Modicum

Sorry Ed, can't help you with a pic , I must be computer illiterate, I've tried many times but just can't post up. However you have 5 shots of it on IG dated June 27
with comments by stephanie's 3233 & blackwoodhooligan and others.You also have a pic in your store under Afzelia Burl WoodScents. My answer to you is literal proof that 1 picture IS worth a thousand words.

anda1anda2

Hey all. Just received my new Woodscents today. Beautiful cocobolo (will post some pics soon).

How is everyone else’s fit with the Ti tip and the heater core? Should it come on/off and spin easily?

Mine is so tight that the Ti tip is kind of hard to get on and actually pulls out of the wood stem and sticks on the heater. I have to wrest it off, which is kind of tricky if the tip is hot.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning,

@KidFated. Absolutely, whats it going to hurt?

@Modicum No sweat bro, just was hoping to see how it looks in your hands is all. I am glad you are enjoying it.

@anda1anda2 It shouldnt be that hard, if it doesnt get easier with heat and use hit me by email and I we can go from there. I will be looking forward to those pics, those Cocobolo were some of the finest Ive made yet.

Wish yall well, I was doing some digging for a species I needed and found some gnarly burl slabs with lots of live edge. That chunk of @sixstringsmash got me to thinking and wanna do something a little different, thanks for the inspiration bro!

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
vfus7c.jpg

I am liking this little guy quite a bit. I have several dyna vaps so this is the log that made sense for me.

A real problem I have discovered is although I love the way this one looks I am very drawn to red colored woods too. I know Ed has them, I know I'm going to want one. I cannot figure out a justification for having two. Yet the reds are calling me hard. I am considering that I may need to stop following Ed on Instagram because he's going to keep putting up a new thing I'm going to love.

sixstringsmash

I cannot figure out a justification for having two.

I justified it myself last week when I broke my WS and had to send it in for repair! I'm using my other vapes in the meantime but nothing comes close to the WS in my opinion and I'm suffering in the inbetween for sure now :( Ed sent it out in the post yesterday :D so I won't have to wait much longer, but still its complete and utter misery!

Now I'm ordering a custom second unit from Ed to have JUST IN CASE I have another mishap in the future. I just can't fathom waiting 1-2 weeks without my precious Woodscents again.

BTW that is a fantastic looking unit @HughJundys . Love the burling on that bod boy. Also have to ask you, where did you grab that glass VC stem? It looks quite nice!

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
That bottom stem has to be from piggie. Looks great

The 18mm F Bomb I got from Planet Vape http://www.planetvape.ca/f-bomb-jet-diffused-micro-bubbler-tube.html.
I got that months ago and thought it had been a wrong headed purchase. However in the last couple of weeks I discovered it works great with the Splinter and the Ed's TNT log. Thank you @Ed's TnT and @RastaBuddhaTao for making a shelf piece into something reached for.

The attractive stem is a custom piece from @Winegums

Top Bottom