Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hahaha I appreciate all you alls enthusiasm and you all thinking of me, its only a few scrapes is all nothing a couple band-aids cant hold together. I once worked at a metal factory making AC duct work, was a tough job working the sheet metal, they told me you arent working hard enough if you dont bleed 3-4 times a day, they were right! Gloves and all that just seemed to get in the way. Bleeding aint nothing new to me, you just wrap some tape around it or grab what ya can to slow it down, as long as you dont loose anything then you keep on getting up and like those old folks say down here in the south "Aint no hill for a stepper!" Just got a little excited I suppose thinking of all this with the log to come guess you could say I got a little carried away huh!

Ok, so this is what I am going with instead of VaporBomb,

WoodScents

Been feeling that for a couple weeks now I like it, WoodScents makes sense and heads off any unwanted attention. @momofthegoons I hope you will let me know how I can edit the above title to this thread and let me get a do over if possible.

How yall like this for a logo

WS%20Horizontal%20Logo%20PNG_zpsirg35g48.png

My man did a heckofa job on it and I couldnt be happier!

Love the new name Ed! Can't wait to see what all the innovative features will be when these puppies are finally ready to launch :tup:

And the logo is sweet, a brand with Ed's WS (in that font) would be super sweet at the bottom of the log, maybe could do your regular tiny Ed's TnT brand and a separate slightly larger WS brand in that font. I'm sure I will be needing one of these for myself some day as well :drool:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, am wrapping up a VC order to go out next day or so, gearing up to head out to Texas early Friday morning for the duck season opener, woot woot, my guy gave me another invite to be in on it with him at the ranch, should be a blast to say the least! My girl is going out there with me, my cuz and his wife are going out of town for a wedding so we have his house all to ourselves, rrrrr we have never done a getaway til now, this will be fun and a great time for us to get to know each other mo better. This past Friday I poured a 14x30' concrete slab in a building out front at my new house, freaking concrete work is work and no joke, geez but hey got more shop floor space. Going to clear out the big machinery from the wood shop move it to the building and do all the rough work out there. Will make the wood shop the assembly finish shop where I will also store the immense wood lumber and blocks I have amassed & hoarded lol. So much is happening, really really excited! Got out there with my youngest sighting in his new hunting rifle a .243 Ruger, I gotta be honest, that little thing kicks some, 5 shots I had it dead on. I set him up, hes a little guy for 8, all my boys are a little on the thin side and not a whole lot of height, his first shot was in the kill zone but I watched it kick him, I should have layered up his shoulder but want thinking, he teared up and saw it hurt him. I got him calmed down and we walked it off to the target, he smiled seeing where he shot. I ran in the house got a small towel folded it 4 ways to pad his shoulder and the other 4 shots were spot on with no hurt involved. So yall know we have been critter watching, checked our game cam last Thursday and wow I freaked out when I saw this pic

2016-10-27%2016.12.14_zpsdcb6v77m.jpg

Yeah thats right I count 4, let me say it again 4 big boys out there in the yard, the boys and I all were smiling surprised. We had 1200 pics in a weeks time, hecka activity. I also got my latest duck mount finished with a couple of Blue Wing Teal I nailed back in September, went with a Texas Lone Star theme on this one since I already have a Texas state plaque. I have the story, hunt pics and mount pic off to the editor I worked with at the sporting journal I was last published in, so excited to see another post from them, hope it makes it in time to be published in print as well as online.

Texas%20Lone%20Star%20Teal%20Mount_zps66tuuacz.png

Its still hot down here, those few cool mornings back were just a tease, going to be 87 today, makes no sense the time changes Sunday night its November and its almost 90 here ughhhh what the heck Mother Nature?

Still working on WS bodies, got some really nice WS glass samples in day before yesterday, hope you all like what you see, am digging the WS logo final

Eds%20WoodScents%2018mm%20WPA%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsfxcsdjmn.jpg

Eds%20WoodScents%20Aroma%20Oil%20Cup%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsrpjqrfd5.jpg

Eds%20WoodScents%20Straight%20Stem%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsapyhxjak.jpg

Check the pinches in the stem and gong, great guys at MyVapeLab did a bang up job on these pieces

Eds%20WoodScents%20Straight%20Stem%20Pinches%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpskkpdoiwv.jpg

@Reflections Hey hey my darling, country life is the only life worth living in my book, so loving it! Ahh yes I have seen those grills/smokers, we have a popular one down here called the Big Green Egg, its great what I hear and does an awesome job, just freaking expensive. Maybe one day Ill get one, with the deck I have it really needs a bad ass grill on it. Going to put a top on it soon, probably going to be next year though with all the goings on I have now. That burls slab is huge, geez all the wonderful pieces coming out of it are going to make alot of people very happy, I am going to try and make a few pieces with live edge burls on the exterior or the bodies, thatll be the cats ass! That so sucks for your old man, ugghhhh gotta hate laws and regulations, dont understand why the government cant leave honest good folk alone. Looky looky at what I just picked up a couple weeks ago

2016-10-28%2014.12.08_zpsnh1rerps.jpg

S&W 40 Shield with add on red laser, no a fan of the single stack mags but it sure is easy to conceal. I cant wait for you and him to get the heck out of that God forsaken state, I so hope its sooner rather than later! Thanks for stopping by and I hope all is well your way!

@little maggie Ohh the meat was amazing and the slab still excites me!

@Elbuort19 Lol hahaha really like that bro, Id love to see you rolling around vaping in a blizzard with the WS, thatd be the ultimate test for sure, thanks for the offer!

@Shit Snacks My man, thanks for stopping by, glad you like all you see, its all coming together and wont be long now before the chicken is in the pot! I am still going over logo placement and such on the log, overall I am getting that everyone thinks that putting the logo on the lower band of the log is not a good idea, they all feel it will take away from the beauty of the wood and I agree, I would like to see the logo but have always wanted the wood to speak for itself, so am going with just a simple brand on the bottom of each unit for the most part. Hope all is well out your way bro and wish you all the best!
Wish everyone the best and thanks so much for the continued interest and excitement for this WS debut very soon!

Reflections

Great to hear from you Ed!! Know you have been real busy setting up the new shop and house. Wish you luck on your hunting trip...sounds fun, and you get to take your woman with ya and have a house to self! Woot fun times hehe.

The Wood Scents logo looks great and we cant wait to see them come!! The glass looks great too.

Nice new acquire on the s&w,,jealous lol :D

Elbuort19

Been in -40 and colder for a longtime now and been out in almost every Arctic blizzard for the last 20yrs. Even had frostbite on my sack which is super painful when it thaws so vaping in a blizzard would be a breeze after that...a very strong breeze! When I'm south of 60 I have to get people to run their AC between March & November or I'm sweating bullets.

Another year and I'm heading south to the treeline so I can disappear. That's the beauty of the woods, walk in 10 feet and you're gone. Up here its like the moon with a blue sky so you really appreciate trees when you don't have any. I grew up in the woods and can't believe I've been away for so long. Was only supposed to be 1 year. Time flies when you're having fun but when you get older it speeds up even when everything sucks. lol

Nice M&P! Just sold my last handgun which was a FNX 45 Tactical with a Trijicon RMR. Was a sweet rig but here in Canadastan handguns are range only unless your an active LEO. No biggie I don't hunt with that shit anyway so it won't slow me down.

Glass looks good Ed! A silicone sleeve for the glass stem would be super sweet! I assume there's tubing that would fit? Modern houses are mostly hardwood and tile these days not the plush carpeted playgrounds I grew up in so now every time I drop something it breaks.:mad: We all know how big a nut punch it is when you break glass so it seems like a cheap upgrade that would keep customers happy & vaping.:tup: Just a thought.

The only thing I would like to see different is a WS next to my monitor and not on it. lol

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
This thread has a 'family atmosphere' and as such, Ed will often share pics of things that interest him or that he has done. If the fact that he is an avid hunter or a gun owner bothers you, you have the ability to pm him or not read the post.

I've deleted 3 posts that took this thread off topic and into a gun debate. This thread is not the place for that.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
You live in such a nice place !
Country life rules !
Thanks for sharing with us, your trip is surely gonna be great !
And this lovely S&W is really cool , great manufacturer! You gonna have fun !

Although , I love the new "t" on the logo, that's way you can't go wrong with it !

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, wow what a trip I had in Texas, was a freaking blast yall! The Thursday before my girl came and I cooked us dinner, had a candle burning, had soft music going, we had baked salmon fillets, stuffed crab, & veggies, was a nice time spent, got in the bed early cause we left at 3am. Was really crazy, about an hour or two later I began itching uncontrollably on my hips and inner legs, geez it was tough was itching and scratching for an hour or 2 finally went to sleep, woke u and felt ok, a little over half way through the trip my freaking head went to burning and itching, geez this has never happened to me before, about an hour of scratching it eased up and I was thinking gosh I must have been having an allergic reaction to something, I called ahead and setup a dr apt near my cuz's house, when I got to the dr my hands and feet began itching like crazy, dr told me it was definitely something I ate and he figured it had to be the shrimp of shellfish meat in the stuffed crab, was like say what, how could this be, I am 40 and have been eating shellfish all my life, hes like yes you can develop food allergies later in life. That so sucks, I have an appointment with my local dr the 1st to get to the bottom of this, I so enjoy shrimp, crab & lobster, ohh and oysters alot. Anyhow, Saturday was a good day, we got 11 ducks and Sunday was epic, we got a 5 man limit in 2 1/2 hours, that's 30 birds, 7 different species, very very cool! My guys ranch is so freaking huge, drive the 4 wheelers at 40-50 mph it took us 30 minutes to get to the spot, then another 30 minute walk out, the bottom of the marsh flats were like 6" or more of mud, each morning after we got back to the lodge my legs felt like spaghetti lol. Out of all the other groups there wasn't a single bunch that got a 5 man limit, we nailed em! Spent the rest of the time with my girl, wow she is amazing, inspiring and very thoughtful and caring, I really like her alot and look forward to the days ahead with her. We are going to see Willie Nelson Saturday night, got VIP tickets to his show, Ive never seen him and have always wanted to, should be a good time with her, going to cook out at my place where its finally getting cooler here, most of the time its in the upper 30's to low 40's at night and 70 generally during the days temps, will be nice to grill out on the deck enjoying time! My oldest just turned 15 on the 11th, gosh hes growing up so quickly, when I got back from Texas I picked em up from school and he said dad you know I am 15 now and am about to take my drivers permit test so when are we going looking for trucks, uhhhh told him yeah I know Ive been gone for 4 days and alot has happened maybe I missed something, did you get a job while I was gone??? I let him drive quiet a bit, he is a really good driver, he is very cautious and alert, he doesn't drive fast at all, really he drives like an old old person, speed limit is 55 hes doing 45, hes good at the speed limit but he said he feels more comfortable going slower, that's a good thing. Figuring going to try and get him a ride about spring or so.

So I know the launch of the WS has been delayed after delay, I want to make an announcement, there is a really good reason for the delays, I am ditching the SS and going all Titanium med grade internal components, this is a really big deal and such a significant change in direction for log vapes, no other log out there is utilizing Ti, you all know the benefits of Ti and being med grade is by far the choice metal for the WS. I will also be using Ti for the stem as well, the change to the WS design is being implemented now and will be available very very soon. I feel we are still just a couple more weeks away and feel that this will make all the delays so worth it to you all and happy to hear of this improvement!

This is a Walnut body I finished up last night, this is the general look I am going for on all WS for the launch, it has some curl and beautiful grain that was hard to capture in these pics.

Eds%20WoodScents%20Aroma%20Log%20-%20Walnut%20-%20Eds%20TnT%203_zpszwpknnfl.jpg

Eds%20WoodScents%20Aroma%20Log%20-%20Walnut%20-%20Eds%20TnT%201_zpsxgujxk5p.jpg

I am excited to hear what you all think of what I have said above and look to see your posts soon!

@Reflections Omgosh, my girl is so for me, I gotta thank God for bringing us together, I feel she is what I have been looking for and am thankful I am at a place in my head and heart to be able to show and accept the love God has for us and to her for the love she shows me, what a blessing! Glad you like the logo and the glass as well as my latest pick up. Cant wait to get the boys this weekend, they met my girl Saturday night, she came over made them a cake with chocolate chunks in it, brought a neat card game called timeline, was animal themed you have to lay them out in a line and guess by life expectancy, weight or height, we all played, the boys of course were happy when they were winning and not so when they weren't but all in all they had a great time and really got to know her, the next day they were asking when can we see her again and do you think she will be able to do this or that lol, did my heart good to hear that!

@Elbuort19 Geez my man, I cant imagine frost bite in that area, oh no that would so not be good! Id like to get a look at what you see up that way, I love the woods and rural life down here, its mostly pine with some hardwoods here and there in my area. I love the quiet life and being able to look into the bright sky at night, was neat the past few nights with the super moon out, its so bright there is no need for a light, looks like the moon is so close, my girl and I live an hour away from each other, last night we were on the phone standing out looking at it at the same time, woulda been nicer to stand next to each other and do so, we will soon enough. You are right about getting older, those old folks told me that when I was a kid, gosh they were right, seems like it was this time a year a year ago just not that long ago. Nice piece you had there, had a 45 when I was a kid, my old man got it for me, was alot of gun, fun to shoot! Glad you like the glass and such, will give that silicone idea some thought, I am not sure of what will fit and wont this moment, just trying to make all this happen is tough enough. Like what you said about seeing it next to the monitor instead of on it, good one!

@momofthegoons Thanks Mom, I appreciate ya!

@TheVaporist Thanks for all the kind words, means alot! You so right, the country is where my heart is at always, no place better to be! Glad you like the logo change, I feel you were right and there is no question now. Keep an eye out and let me know what you think of the new design changes above.

Wish you all the best out there, take care everyone!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I like the Redwood Burl log that I saw a couple of pages back. The wood looks stunning.

Glad everything turned out OK with the allergy. It good have been worse. Sounds like life isn't humming right along for you. It looks like you have your priorities in order.

Take care and good times.

Baron23

HI Ed - don't know if you remember me but we emailed back and forth on some of your products back when you were taking the boys for a summer road trip/vacation (and you had a great time, as I remember). My son is now 22 and has his first full time professional job after college. I will say, whether it it your elders who will someday pass or your children who will someday grow up, every second of time you spend with them will be time well spent and you will look back at the past with no regrets, remorse, or guilt. The real benefit of being a man (or woman) who does the right thing is how easy your head is when you lay it on a pillow.

I did not know you were a waterfowl and deer hunter. I live in Maryland and gather you are somewhere in the deep south. If you ever make it to Maryland during waterfowl season, let me know and I will take you on a goose hunt on the Wye River on the eastern shore. Opening day is this coming Sat! :rockon::tup:

Now, we aren't the best of friends or long time friends so this may not be my place to say, but I feel impelled just by common humanity....Ed, get a frakin face shield and wear it when you work!! :nod:

I hope you at least wear safety glasses....better to keep your eyes healthy in order to see your beautiful boys grow up...yeah?! :brow:

I have been watching this thread since its inception and look forward to the release of the WS. I like log vapes. My one thought is that I rather do like the ability to move the basket screen up/down in Enano stems. I though of this with your glass stems and the nipples to hold the screen in place. Not a high level priority, but consider making straight stems without the nipples....nice little basket screen with friction fit to the inside of the stem should do it right.

Take care and I look forward to more news about the WS and the goings on in the life of Ed :D

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
This allergic's reaction are really a pain in the ass, I'm glad all is okay for you but that's frightening. Especially when it's hit something you really like....
Although the whole trip seems awesome, and this hunting session, what a success! Music, food, pleasure and live what's all the life is about!

On the WoodScents side, I send you a warm thank you for choosing the medical titanium's way! I was eager to see that coming and this is a huge and wonderful new!
The look of the unit is nice, it's reminding me an old bed decoration (if you see what I mean) or maybe a giant vapcap's mouthpiece! :p

Maybe sometimes we'll see a thuya WoodScents? I'll kill for that :p
I've a wonderful box made from Morocco, made of thuya burl and this is my favorite wood, I can't stop staring at this wonderful grain.... I'm sure you love it too :)
10017757-Dark-thuya-wood-texture-as-a-nice-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

Ps: Another +1 with baron for the basket screen, it would be a great addition especially for micro dosing folks!

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning and thanks for all the posts, interest and enthusiasm! So picked up the boys yesterday afternoon, ran by the PO had a package to pick up from my guy in the UK, has been a long long time since I had this custard, when I was a young young boy at 4-5 I can remember being there and my grandmother would make me this awesome custard, was sweet and creamy, and when he and I began PMing back and forth I mentioned it and how neat it would be to get some for myself and to let my boys try it, some time went by and the weather got cooler, I also mentioned the chocolate bars I had there as well, so was really excited to get to the PO and hey custard, chocolate bars and even caramel waffers, how neat! My middle son said these are his new favorite chocolate and asked " Dad, how can we get more?", lol my youngest had Chocolate Flake all over the seat under him.

S7tFk6j.jpg

Very very cool and a big thanks out to my guy for the joy the boys all had!

So was out in the shop yesterday and last night cutting and chopping that big slab of Buckeye and even that Thuya Burl I got a ways back just for this project, so figured might as well go big for the debut or go home! There will be domestic species and then burls of 3 different flavors to sweeten the offering.

Thuya Burl

03oGZN3.jpg

Buckeye Burl and a couple blanks I just wanna give a go out at the end

34kMRMq.jpg

I know how many of you like your logs with voids and such so have several blocks that will have em here and there, these above blocks also vary in tones and heart to sap wood, some are half and half some are more so one way or another.

@Snappo Glad you like my man, thanks for dropping by!

@Reflections Thanks for the kind words and for the enthusiasm, going to be so much fun turning these burls, cant wait for you all to see whats to come!

@beach bum Thanks much, you know how we do!

@CarolKing Ohhh I like the Redwood too, thanks for thinking of me, nothing a couple shots from the dr to take care of the allergy, all was good and didnt miss out on the hunt, was so not going to let that happen!

@Baron23 Hey hey, been some time since those emails bout the work, gosh we had a blast on the trip was one I know ill remember til the day when I cant. You know you right, time spent with my boys is the best time ever and the most important, there is no other time that compares! Oh yeah being a southern boy am all about the outdoors, hunting fishing water skiing coming up camping getting down and dirty mud riding in the truck 4 wheeler dirt bike you name it we on it doing it til the wheels come off as hard as we can! Good luck on the opener so would like to hear how yall do, keep me in mind when you get back, if I dont see pics you didnt do a thing! Ohh my man I wear safety gear its a must, its just sometimes work tends to get the better of me when I least expect it. You cant do what I do all the time without getting a bump, cut or scrape here and there, you just wrap it up shake it off and keep on keeping on! I got ya and others as well, will do a straight stem no pinches for you all to adjust, seems yall like that go and so it shall be! Thanks for keeping an eye out on me bro, look to hear from you again soon!

@Gray Area Hang in there bro, I got ya and the stem too, wont be long!

@TheVaporist Yeah am anxious to find out what the dr says and if I am allergic to shellfish or not, so hoping not, if so it will suck guess Ill just have to eat more ribeyes and such! Glad you like what you read and see my man, hope you like even more the Thuya blanks, crazy how I was chopping it up last night getting ready to post this morning and you made your post just before mine, hmmm whoda thunk it!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ok I will ask..lol why do they look white??

Lol, I will answer, the white is the sapwood of the tree, its like alot of other woods and burls also, think about the amboyna I and others have posted, sometimes you see it with golden, creamy, or even white tones to it, that is the sapwood, the heartwood of it is the red rich tone. Even Black Walnut with its rich chocolate heartwood has a narrow lighter sapwood color. Most of these buckeye burl blanks have the sapwood burled as well, some do not and they are just lighter toned. Its very dramatic I feel to have the contrasting colors, some like, some do not but I so do, hope this helps!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I really like that body shape. Your wood grain is always so lovely. Looking forward to this for sure.

It's interesting you're using ti instead of ss, but I have no idea what it will mean in terms of use. I've been happy with my ss core logs, but I'm definitely looking forward to trying your take on the product.

Top Bottom