• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Uh oh. I think I may need to send my log in to Ed for repair.

When I got home from work this afternoon, I plugged my Woodscents in while I made some food. Then, about 45 minutes later, when I actually went to use it, I realized that, though it was warm, it was nowhere near the 9 I'd set it at. I then checked the wall plug, and reseated the connections between the wall and the log and let it sit for another 15 minutes...then I noticed it was making a sound, like a high-pitched squeal.

Here is a video I took to show the sound. The microphone did pick it up a bit:
https://streamable.com/s/jhpnn/fjpbpg

Anyone have any idea what might have happened? I already carefully inspected the cords to make sure that my cat hadn't chewed on it or something.
I suspect I'll need to send it into @Ed's TnT for repair.

Shit, I'm going to miss it. :shrug:

I suspect the problem is in the log, rather than the cord, because of that sound (and the sound cuts in and out when you move the log). Though, the cord being the issue would be nice.

Last edited:

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
A damn that's too bad man. It's always a let down if when one of your favorite vapes is having troubles. Hang in there and wait for Ed to get back to you, he'll sort it out. I hope you have more vapes in your lineup that will give you some love in the mean time.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, ughhhhh still no shop last week, was quite wet and the shop mover guy is concerned about getting his bobcat stuck. Ohhh but its drying quickly now and looking that way for the most of the week, even looking like 87 for wednesday. Have been on in contact with him often as I said before its killing me not to be out there in the shops. Sitting still is not in my blood you all know that, I may have blood coming from a cut on my finger or gash on my head but I aint going to let that slow me down or stop me from making it happen. Been setting posts in the backyard fencing it in for the dogs, 2 foot deep in clay and then repacking back in the clay, these posts are set better than with quickqrete. I almost have all the corner posts and brace posts set, just gotta do a few in the long and short sides to sturdy the fencing, its keeping me busy along with life its been a good week past. Had another sonogram with the wife, got to see my busy body son

8P7Bkhf.jpg

you can see his forehead, nose and lips, he was moving his arms all around during it. They have scheduled his birth for june 6th, saying he will probably add a 1/2lb. a week until then and is at 5 1/2 now, hes going to be a bigun lol. We are both ready for him to be here. Spent yesterday at the big district shoot with the boys, 598 kids this years. So far my oldest advanced to state for skeet and 22 rifle, he came in 3rd for 22 pistol one arm iron sights

gumeizm.jpg

he nailed 13 out of 15 at skeet but there are a lot of kids that shoot skeet and nothing else that were doing 14 and 15 out of 15. My 14 year old got 12 out of 15 at skeet as thats the only discipline he shoots. My oldest wasnt really concerned about how he did against others he was just happy he beat his brother lol. My youngest placed 1st in 10m air pistol, that boy was on fire yesterday, he was doing great in rifle too, just havent gotten all the score updates yet.

W6TMrF8.jpg

KwpgqAS.jpg

I got a load of stunning WS blanks yesterday in many different species, all top shelf pieces. I havent had time to get them out in the light and take pics but will so keep an eye out here or at my IG for them. Off to church in a bit then out in the yard and doing chores to end the day. Should be a good day and am praying for a great week and turning soon, ohhh I so hope so.

@KidFated. Thats a big hell yeah bro!

@Ramahs Wow that is a great piece when ya put all the stems in and next to the WS, the tones match well I feel, great score bro. Hit me at my email at ed@edstnt.com and we can go from there and get you fixed up. Let me ask you though, are you going from PS-temp control-ext. cable-WS if so pls go from PS-WS and see how that does, if like it should go PS-temp control-WS, do a piece by piece troubleshooting to see if its any of the electrical comp0onents that arent working correctly. Also there maybe a high pitch slight noise in each and every piece this is ok and nothing to worry about, I have been in contact with the manufacturer and explained it all, they say that the way the voltage goes through the temp control thats what causes the noise. Its not there when its on the low or high end of the dial but in the middle and can be louder depending on the spot of the dial. Hit me at my email and let figure out how I can get you right.

@Drexciya Yes sir you are right it does suck and I will do my best to get him up and running. Hope all is well your way bro.

Wishing you all the best!

@cloraform Heck yeah you do.

Ramahs

@Ramahs Wow that is a great piece when ya put all the stems in and next to the WS, the tones match well I feel, great score bro.

Thanks, and I agree. I love it!

Hit me at my email at ed@edstnt.com and we can go from there and get you fixed up.

Will do. I'm not worried. I'm sure it can be fixed. Of course I'm a bit bummed, because I'm still in the "new-relationship-high" period with this vaporizer, and it never feels good to lose your new-favorite-thing while you're still in that initial romantic period.

But, it is what it is, and these things happen sometimes.

I'll live.

Let me ask you though, are you going from PS-temp control-ext. cable-WS if so pls go from PS-WS and see how that does, if like it should go PS-temp control-WS, do a piece by piece troubleshooting to see if its any of the electrical comp0onents that arent working correctly.

Here:
| Power adapter that plugs into the wall = A | The dimmer switch/temp-control dial = B | Extension section of cable = C | Woodscents Log = D |
I usualy plug it in (Wall plug --> Woodscents Log) A -> B -> C -> D
I Tried ABCD, ABD, ACD, and AD. I left each for 5-10 minutes and checked. Each heated to fairly warm, but not vaporization-level hot, and cool enough that I could touch the tip of my lip to the tip of the titanium tube for a second without burning myself.

Also there maybe a high pitch slight noise in each and every piece this is ok and nothing to worry about, I have been in contact with the manufacturer and explained it all, they say that the way the voltage goes through the temp control thats what causes the noise. Its not there when its on the low or high end of the dial but in the middle and can be louder depending on the spot of the dial.

I like mine set at 9-9.5, even for direct-draw from the stem, so I'm at an extreme end. And I understand faint high-pitch noises that some electronics can sometimes make when functioning properly. However, I really felt that this was significantly louder than what would be normally expected, and lower in pitch (even though I called it a "high-pitched" sound, which it was, it was a lower high-pitch than what I would expect, if you know what I mean), and would cut instantly in and out by turning the angle that you're holding the vape.
Maybe the regulator itself is failing? (I say that while fully-recognizing that I lack sufficient expertise to diagnose this).

Anyway, I'll email you later. Thanks for the response :cheers:

cloraform

I asked this once before but am hoping to get a few more suggestions this time around.

Does anyone run a custom / different tempature adjustment? If so which ones. I’d love to upgrade mine to a lcd readout or something a little more easy to read

Ed anything to be aware of while shopping for these? Just make sure it’s 12vdc?

cloraform

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Yes thanks that’s the one I’ve read about as well! Pretty sure it will be the one I grab but was just checking if anyone else was running something different. Thanks for finding that link so fast tho. That would of taken me a bit to sort out

I'm using a tattoo power supply with my WS.
Led readout of voltage in .5V increments , cheap, nice-ish alloy case.
Have a look on Deal Extreme, I think thats where I got mine.

Edit:
Can't find many on Deal Extreme ATM, but heres a link to exactly the same one on Gearbest:
https://m.gearbest.com/tattoo-machines/pp_602359.html?wid=1433363

I actually recommend a slightly simpler model if you can find one with a nice metal case (for heat dissipation, Ed told me he had used a plastic one and it got kinda hot)
I had to make up a very simple jumper to sub' for the foot pedal that's supposed to go in the other socket.
Just get a simple one with a single socket on it to avoid this need.

Commander Cody

I asked this once before but am hoping to get a few more suggestions this time around.

Does anyone run a custom / different tempature adjustment? If so which ones. I’d love to upgrade mine to a lcd readout or something a little more easy to read

Ed anything to be aware of while shopping for these? Just make sure it’s 12vdc?
For the past 3 1/2 years I’ve been using a TekPower HY1502 available from Amazon for a little under 40 bucks. Plugs into wall and uses lab-style connectors (banana plugs) to go to the log. Unit stays cool. Knob is very touchy but readout is close to my multimeter reading. Can be set from 1.5-15V. Rated 2 amps. Way,way nicer than a dimmer switch. Some of the cheaper tattoo units get very hot while operating. BTW Tekpower has a newer unit listed, but there have been some complaints of fan noise with that unit. I keep mine on during the day at a lower temp and twist it up to vaping temp and is ready in a couple minutes. I like this so much I bought a 2nd unit for downstairs.

min7b5

Howdy Ed,

I'm a proud new owner of a walnut Woodscents that I got in Canada last week.
I'm having troubles with the Log though. I think am having issues with the voltage regulator.

When I use the dial, I'm unable to get any clouds at any setting until it's at 10. When I remove the dial, the device heats up well and I get a lot of vapor.

I believe the regulator needs to be replaces, but is there any other tests I could do from home to get some more accurate readings?

I have a DMM and the resistance btwn the regulator was 3.2Kohm (on or off).

In addition, does anyone know of digital readout versions? I know UD sells one, but I would need a Canadian retailer.

Lastly, my log has a bit of a rattle when it moves around. Is that normal? Or should I screw down the TI plate screws?

Great quality device, the wood is immaculate and the dynavap addition is really cool.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Ahhhhhhh shit, Ed! I lost the direct draw cocobolo stem I got with my MZ WS :cry: the grain on that sucker too..

I need another whenever your ready my man.. one cocobolo one Blackwood!

Went to a trade show with a buddy from up north, an older gentleman was selling some beautiful pens made of bocote and some others, I have him one of your black business cards as I walked away! :brow:

Still loving this thing, i took the dial straight out and just use it as a one temp log and couldn’t be happier.

I’m really liking dynavaps new VonG bodies with it, and clearing with he carb, but I miss the stem I lost..

Someone get this man a powered lathe!:peace:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello everyone, got another big step out of the way end of last week. Both buildings are in place,

7w1zK4o.jpg

took the guys all day to get em in place and me a few extra $100's but its done. Been tying in the electrical to the service pole and into the building.

wtDt7DM.jpg

Those of you that don't see the happenings at IG, I have a thing going #flipflopuprising I rock mine for and during everything I do. There is just no other way to live life, @phattpiggie surely disagrees with me but hey to each his own.

AjzuLmE.jpg

Getting awful hot down here so working on my flip flop tan lines too lol.

I am itching to get back to turning, I feel its close and am in bad need of making chips fly. Just have to finish wiring up my end of the electrical and then get the county inspector out to give me the approval. Once I get that then I get with the power company and get the juice. Hoping that happens next week, hmmm got my fingers crossed and been praying awful hard. Ill have the finish shop approved for power and wont say anything about the rough shop. When that's approved and hot I will tie the rough shop to the finish and be all up and running woot woot what an ordeal it has been to get this far.

The wife has been dealing with a busy body son of ours, he is on the move at all times. We were both up last night at various times, she was hurting. Dr told her he didn't think Lane would make it til the 6th. He is getting bigger and riding low reading himself for an early arrival. My wife bless her heart is the sweetest most honest and genuine woman I have ever known and has been a real trooper saying " I love this boy with all my heart but is so ready for him to be born just so I can get some relief" I feel so for her and know that I know nothing about what it is like to carry a child inside me all I can do is hold her and comfort her as best I can and do house chores, shopping, taking kids to school trying to shoulder as much as I can.

Got some bad news, Daly is MIA, her Major and Mr. Biscuits have been at my other house while I have been working on fencing in the back yard. I am doing 100' x 120', that's quite a few posts and wire as well. I and my sons have been going by and making sure they are fed and all good. My oldest went by first of the week saying they weren't around, he yelled and yelled with no sight of them. My place is way off the road and you cant see it from the road as its back in the woods so no one would have been out there and they have been great about staying put. I hurried up there Thursday and found Major at a neighbors, they said they didn't see Daly. Went to all my other neighbors asking leaving my # asking them to call me if they see her. I got a bad feeling someone dognapped her as that's what they do to pits down here. So not cool but we are praying she shows up.

3YRRXhB.jpg

Bout to head out to the tractor supply to get another 100' roll of wire and a few more posts. I got my butt sunburned yesterday so gotta knock this out and get back in the AC.

Ohhhhh Happy Mothers Day to all yall mothers out there, cant say how much yall mean to me and to your loved ones, I wish you the best today with family and much love!

@beach bum Thanks much sis, glad you like and so hoping to do some more show and tell very very soon. Hope all is well your way!

@Ramahs Hmm I am uncertain but know that I will get ya back in business for sure, just need to go through it is all. I am still looking to hear from you and when youll get it out to me. Hoping youre just busy is all like myself.

@cloraform Yes sir I have seen others use the UD vvps and will work fine for you and the WS. I have been looking into doing something similar myself and even gotten a few boards and setups for this purpose just gotta get set back up and going first off. Yes sir 12V DC be what you wanna keep in mind.

@Slagzord @Copacetic @Commander Cody Thanks for stepping up and posting, yalls input helps out alot when I am out of pocket, I appreciate yall.

@Vitolo Thank you my good man, your posts always make me smile, you are a great guy! I hope you and Patty are doing well, take care my man!

@min7b5 Hey hey, glad you grabbed one from my guy up that way. Yes sir we nailed down your Temp control being the issue and I have gotten you a replacement out this past monday. Pls let me know when it has arrived and how its performing now.

@KidFated. Oh no bro, thats a tough hit on such a sweet piece. It was full of life and many colors, will have to find you another blank like it and will do you a BW as well. WOw thanks for spreading the word and dropping my card, most grateful to you. Hmm thats a solid if it works for you then it works for me just like the old MZ's did anyway right. Keep on rocking it bro and hit me back soon.

@WeedyGirl1979 Thanks so much for the love and congrats, we are really excited, wont be long I will be posting pics. Take care!

@Summer That day aint far away, cant wait!

Ramahs

@Ramahs Hmm I am uncertain but know that I will get ya back in business for sure, just need to go through it is all. I am still looking to hear from you and when youll get it out to me. Hoping youre just busy is all like myself.

Thanks for remembering me. But it's all my fault. Just have been busy. I'll try to get it out Monday or Tuesday.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Hi all, man am I in a happy mood these last weeks. Living in Europe I've waited for a long time to get my hands on a WoodScents and when I got contacted by a member to buy one second hand it didn't take a lot of time to pull the trigger.

I think Ed was the first accessory maker that I knew the existence of because he made custom stems for the Haze Dual which was my first vape. When I saw his work I just knew that one day I'd be seeing his work in real life. Two weeks ago a package arrived and I welcomed my Amboyna WoodScents:

mUPZkIz.jpg

The looks, the feels, the smells, all the first impressions were really great. I've been using my Woodscents every day since the day I received it, and that is now 14 days ago. The first thing I noticed while unpacking everything was of course the body itself which is gorgeous, I'm really glad I went with Amboyna. The way it looks differently in natural light vs electric light is stunning. All the grains can look so dramatic at points, it sometimes reminds me of the grains in a good piece of beef. The face of the WoodScents that you see in the above picture really remind me on Starry Night of Vincent van Gogh those burls are crazy. It wasn't after a few days until I fully focused on the the way you made the indentation on the lower part of the body and that has some really nice detail it and it wasnt after a few more days that I noticed you made the same indentations in the wpa and the wooden stem, those details were really cool to discover! I've read about matching stems and pieces but it didnt connect in my head until I saw it in front of me.

Now on to first impressions while turning it on. I read a lot about people using it at a 7.5 and while I couldn’t figure out how they measured that with the dial I figured 7.5 is 25 percent less of the full turn so I turned it on fully and just dialed it back a bit. I waited for some time and than I started inhaling and I wasn't really getting any real vapor, lots of taste though. So I turned it up a notch and waited for a bit. After a very short time I inhaled again and BOOOOOM there it is big rip, big clouds, lot of coughing. The WS reacts really fast to dial changes, much faster than the Homegrown Log that I have. I turned the dial to the fullest and I was surrounded by vapor only minutes later.

Every new vape takes some time to get accustomed to and so it is with the WS and right now I think I have gone thru the learning curve and I am enjoying the WS in all its glory. At first I compared it to the only other log vape that I have, the HGL, I think the HGL has a very solid feel when you assemble it with a wpa and a glass piece, it feels more solid than the WS+WPA+Glasspiece and I loads more in its tip. So those were practicly the only two things that I had to get accustomed to. I never notice the wobble as something as a negative anymore and the way the WS extracts all the goodies from my herbs makes me forget about bigger loading amounts. It's just right and it keeps delivering solid, consistent hits time after time after time. I even tend to load less and less nowadays. I can say it lives up to the raving reviews. I now also start the day of with the dial turned down a bit.

I'm happy :)

Last edited:

Ramahs

Hi all, man am I in a happy mood these last weeks. Living in Europe I've waited for a long time to get my hands on a WoodScents and when I got contacted by a member to buy one second hand it didn't take a lot of time to pull the trigger.

I think Ed was the first accessory maker that I knew the existence of because he made custom stems for the Haze Dual which was my first vape. When I saw his work I just knew that one day I'd be seeing his work in real life. Two weeks ago a package arrived and I welcomed my Amboyna WoodScents:

mUPZkIz.jpg

The looks, the feels, the smells, all the first impressions were really great. I've been using my Woodscents every day since the day I received it, and that is now 14 days ago. The first thing I noticed while unpacking everything was of course the body itself which is gorgeous, I'm really glad I went with Amboyna. The way it looks differently in natural light vs electric light is stunning. All the grains can look so dramatic at points, it sometimes reminds me of the grains in a good piece of beef. The face of the WoodScents that you see in the above picture really remind me on Starry Night of Vincent van Gogh those burls are crazy. It wasn't after a few days until I fully focused on the the way you made the indentation on the lower part of the body and that has some really nice detail it and it wasnt after a few more days that I noticed you made the same indentations in the wpa and the wooden stem, those details were really cool to discover! I've read about matching stems and pieces but it didnt connect in my head until I saw it in front of me.

Now on to first impressions while turning it on. I read a lot about people using it at a 7.5 and while I couldn’t figure out how they measured that with the dial I figured 7.5 is 25 percent less of the full turn so I turned it on fully and just dialed it back a bit. I waited for some time and than I started inhaling and I wasn't really getting any real vapor, lots of taste though. So I turned it up a notch and waited for a bit. After a very short time I inhaled again and BOOOOOM there it is big rip, big clouds, lot of coughing. The WS reacts really fast to dial changes, much faster than the Homegrown Log that I have. I turned the dial to the fullest and I was surrounded by vapor only minutes later.

Every new vape takes some time to get accustomed to and so it is with the WS and right now I think I have gone thru the learning curve and I am enjoying the WS in all its glory. At first I compared it to the only other log vape that I have, the HGL, I think the HGL has a very solid feel when you assemble it with a wpa and a glass piece, it feels more solid than the WS+WPA+Glasspiece and I loads more in its tip. So those were practicly the only two things that I had to get accustomed to. I never notice the wobble as something as a negative anymore and the way the WS extracts all the goodies from my herbs makes me forget about bigger loading amounts. It's just right and it keeps delivering solid, consistent hits time after time after time. I even tend to load less and less nowadays. I can say it lives up to the raving reviews. I now also start the day of with the dial turned down a bit.

I'm happy :)

This really makes me miss mine. I'll have it back soon though.

I've found I get the best vapor around 9 - 9.5

Top Bottom