• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Dynalowrider

First thing, I hope everyone in the path of "Irma" is safe. We got lucky in my neck of the "Hills", and dodged "Harvey's" bullet.
I think I have found my technique with the WS. My problem was trying to get to much in the VapCap. When I loaded it I had a tendency to pack down the bowl, so the bottom of the load was not letting heated air flow through the herb. I'm a microdose kind of guy, so less is better. If it isn't enough, do it again, repeat.
I have been vaping for awhile now, and I can't believe I had never tried a log before. It reminds me of Chevy Chase in "Modern Problems". I like it.
The fact that the WoodScents is so easy to use with the VapCap System is fantastic. Perfect for "microdosing".
I have not used the glass stem yet, just too big of a load for me.
Good luck Ed. Big step there. I wish you and yours nothing but the best. Doc

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Nice fresh wood @Ed's TnT :o. That Cocobolo has to be named Bolo Sunset. Absolutely stunning piece but that catfish & corn sure look tasty :drool:.

I think I have found my technique with the WS. My problem was trying to get to much in the VapCap. When I loaded it I had a tendency to pack down the bowl, so the bottom of the load was not letting heated air flow through the herb.

Yup. I find myself consciously making smaller bowls with a sprinkled pack to get best results. Medium/fine grind & I get clouds galore.

I have been vaping for awhile now, and I can't believe I had never tried a log before.

If you are a largely solo at home vaper a log is almost essential. The best is yet to come as it is so consistent & the VapCap compatibility just adds to the allure for me.

Quick PSA for any foreign (especially Australian) people considering a log vape. Not only does Ed ship to Australia but he does not charge $35+ for the trouble. Add in a "free" Ti VapCap & it is a winning combo if you are on a budget & an incentive if you have "no budget". That free shipping must surely tip someone over the edge, maybe even that Bolo Sunset :freak:

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Ed this thing is clutch I don't think I've turned mine off in 4 days :D super duper efficient, and check out what I did for the stem to alleviate that issue with my lips on the wood, I used my omnivape tip it fit right in :rockon: (probably old news around here)

5rrTisy.jpg

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, wow had some great days so far this past week. I mentioned my gal and I have been talking marriage, well we have set a date for middle of next month woot woot! We have spoken to my pastor, got the church for that night, tonight we will talk to the ladies about what all this will entail. I am so excited and anxious to marry my girl, she is an amazing woman, honestly she has such a sweet tender spirit that is the first thing anyone sees. She is my biggest supporter and such an encouragement and always has the best advise. I am truly the luckiest man, she says she is lucky but she has no idea what she has done for me and continues to do, I am blessed!

The last week before this past one days were cool and comfortable, the last 2 days here have been in the low 90's ohh so not done with summer just yet ughhh. Have had the boys shooting skeet gearing up for our big hunt next weekend so gotta shake the rest of them boys. I so out shot both of my oldest, went through a box of shells myself only missing twice, its on!

So needless to say I have a lot going on in the next few weeks lol!

I have wanted to do this for a while and just havent had a whole lot of time but took some the other day and did this

azlfVX9.jpg

Still gotta work out the layout for the pattern but is looking good so far. Takes quite a bit more work but feel its all worth it in the end. I really dig the green myself. What you all think?

Oh BTW, glad to see I picked up a few more followers at IG, so some of yall have already seen this. If you arent already following me then you oughta!

@Aezhenn Yes sir getting married, for the last time too, I am going to grow old with this woman! Glad you like all those pieces, they have sure been fun to work! Wish you were closer would like to see you at the wedding, one day we will all sit around and grill and chill!

@Dynalowrider Gosh I totally forgot to mention it here the last day I posted. I have several really good friends from Miami wrapping around the tip back up to Tampa and was texting them back and forth that morning. All are safe and thankfully unharmed, they have had a life changing event through there and a lot of rebuilding to do, I am thinking and praying for you all for sure! So glad to hear you have worked your technique to your liking and the WS is proving to be a solid for ya! Thats what its all about and your happiness is my happiness! I thank you for the kind words and wish you well!

@Stevenski Haha Bolo Sunset, very cool! Omgosh that fish and dinner that night ohhh I am so wanting to go back soon, you would have loved it! Thanks for stepping up with advise and tips for others as always, you are the man!

@turk Thats what I am talking about, she is happy, you are happy heck I am thrilled! Thanks for letting me know and if there is anything else I can do pls just holla!

@VCBud You gotta forgive me when I got that email from you I was drawing a blank for the MP but as soon as I saw your pic it all came back. I was doing the wood for DynaVap in the beginning and still make the WS pieces as I did those with the 8mm bore. I should have thought to mention that all the Omni & VC pieces should swap out and work with the WS in some way or another. I am glad to see you have found this solution to work well for you and it will definitely keep the end of your stem in great shape! I am happy to hear how much you are enjoying that piece and hope you continue to for a long long time to come!

Gotta get my butt moving got orders to fill some wood that needs turning and time to do with my girl before we do church tonight and meet with the ladies from the church. Its a small one and all are pretty much family, they are excited as we are and ready to decorate and get this going!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
All the best for the future Mr and Mrs @Ed's TnT I think this tune would be apt, don't forget to sing it to her buddy, harmonise with Pharrell.

And because I've neglected you good WS folk here's a couple of stems I got done today, they will need a final sand once things have settled.
Blackwood, Bog Oak and Indian Summer acrylic with metal accents.
HbSAz8z.jpg

Both 120mm long, the RHS one has a slightly longer BW hot end, aluminium accents and 10mm of acrylic, the LHS one has brass accents and the Indian Summer is 6mm.

Take yourselves a gander at IG if you'd like to see Ed's morning wood.

Alexis

Hey everyone. Did you all know that Sneaky Pete has finally posted his woodscents video review on youtube today? I havent linked it but watching direct from youtube can offer some advantages anyway.

Anyway check it out, Im sure somebody will link it here soon, I was surprised nobody mentioned it yet, hence...

I havent actually watched it. I have looked forward to it, so Im waiting until Im in the mood and settled, not always at the start of the week!

I like Pete though for his sheer positive energy and authenticity. Should be a good watch.

rosedale

e0hw1.jpg

Ed hooked me up with a sweet cocobolo WS and some matching wood pieces. This thing turned out better than expected and dealing with Ed was a real pleasure as usual. It is a great functional piece of art. The camera doesn't really capture all of the orange hues in the wood but it is a show-stopper in person.

I really feel the need to give a shameless plug for Ed and the Woodscents. I have owned and currently own MANY logs but the WS has been my daily driver since I got it (I ordered a walnut model on the first week). I love all of my logs for different reasons but I think that the WS stands out in a few categories. First, I love that it is compatible with the Vapcap, so you are getting a portable vape (and a good one) with your purchase. Second, I think that everyone will appreciate the attention to details. The WonG steps from 14mm to 18mm so you can use it on virtually and glass piece, the direct draw stem will also doubles as a 14mm male connection and everything is a work of art. He has also included EVERYTHING that you would ever need... no need to buy additional accessories. Last, I just love the nice even heat. I can keep it on a lower temp and and "sip" on it without the heat dropping or turn it up and get massive clouds. I feel that some of my other logs will experience a drop in temperature between hits and especially between loads.

Anyhow, I wanted to thank Ed again and encourage anyone who is on the fence to go for it and pick up a WS. You won't regret it.

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

I kept thinking I would come up with a solution for my WS problem, but no such luck. The little LED dimmers knob is easily changed when bumped. I have been using "blue" painters tape to hold it from moving. It works half the time and doesn't stick the third time. Ideas? Suggestions? It's a minor problem for such a great vape.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I usually use a little flashlight to see the dimmer switch. I agree it is hard to see. I don't have any problem with it getting bumped but occasionally I need to lower or increase my temp depending on the flowers I'm using. It doesn't bother me. That's really the only minor problem. I think all the pluses makes up for that IMO.

It's such a well made log in every way. The different wood pieces are stunning.

ThatBoringBitch

Good morning guys! My WS is out for delivery! Here’s a quick few questions to take my mind of the wait. What’s everyone’s favorite temp setting rang? How about for concentrates? This is my first log so it’s all very new. I’ve seen a lot of people talk about how they can be left on constantly. Is that leaving it on a low temp or on your normal vaping temp? I swear I read this whole thread a couple weeks ago, but apparently retained nothing. :D:leaf:

Dynalowrider

I don't leave mine on all the time, just on at dawn off at bedtime. You could if you wanted, some people do. I set mine between 7 & 8 for flowers, 8 & 9 for concentrates. I made the little liquid pad sponge, (using Squibys directions), for a VapCap. Heated with a cap to melt the shatter first. Then on to the WS for some awesome hits. This thing is great for flowers. The taste is amazing. I can't say enough about my Wood Scents. I love it. You will love yours too. Doc

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@ThatBoringBitch welcome to the WS fan club. You won't be disappointed, it's an awesome log vape.

I turn my Woodscents off when I'm not using it. It turns on to the desired temp so quickly (Within 5 min) it doesn't need to sit waiting for the next session. I also take the stem out between draws. The stem doesn't need a heat soak. The WS has a pretty heavy duty heater core. I don't treat it the same as my my 2 other logs.

ThatBoringBitch

Is it normal for it to have a rattling sound? It sounds like it’s the post. If I hold it though there’s another sound too as if something really small is loose in there just flying around.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Is it normal for it to have a rattling sound? It sounds like it’s the post. If I hold it though there’s another sound too as if something really small is loose in there just flying around.
You're just hearing the rattle and resonance of the heater cartridge inside the inner column. I have three, so I can use them for percussion effects:D

ThatBoringBitch

I spoke to Ed shortly after my last post. He let me know everything was fine. The noise isn’t a big deal I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t an issue or anything before starting it up. The rest of yesterday is a blur lol. It definitely does its job and very very efficiently. Still a lot of testing to do, but so far I love it. Thanks Ed!

Top Bottom