• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Stone as Emma ill share. I do have the new heater. I’m pretty simple. I’m a set it and forget it kind guy. I use a ti tip with the screen set at half load. For pretty much everything, herbs, kief, and occasionally wax or oils, I run mine at 7.1 ish on the dimmer dial that is included with the Woodscents. I’ll bump it up .2-.4 if I don’t get the finishing roast I like. It seems low but for me these temps pump out vapor and cash the bowl in 2-4 hits depending draw length and draw speed. My body suffers a bit from high temps and and overly large hits. The Woodscents is perfect for someone like me who wants big effects but from a small potent dose.

idboehman

Does anyone know what the underlying VVPS is that Ed sells? No offense meant towards Ed at all but $40 seems like a lot for a vvps w/ a branding sticker. I didn't buy one when I bought a WS for that reason but I do like the consistency a VVPS gives me w/ my Underdog so I've been considering a purchase but the price gives me pause because in the back of my mind I think I can get the same thing cheaper elsewhere.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If it's just a Chinese one he brought from some vendor, my message is canceled and it is really expensive. But i wouldn't think that
It is the same unit. with a WS sticker, but that sticker is put on after Ed does his quality control checks and also gives you a local warranty.
If you want one cheap with a dubious warranty and don't mind waiting for up to 6 weeks, order here,4.3 to 24v 2amp,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable...hash=item2639a20a35:m:m1zydgUeg6atb8j1qE6SH9A

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The bottom line being--- You Won't Get Ed !! He's made of the things that money can't buy.

giphy.webp

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have the newest heater and never felt the need of a vvps. I can dial perfectly my unit for any use with the stock dimmer, from whispy clouds to instant combustion. I do have lab grade vvps and a lot of nerdy stuff but can´t see a reason to use them in a Woodscents unit.

My only complaint with the stock dimmer was the difficulty to read the numbers but I used some of my wife´s nail paint and painted white, green and red dots for my favourite positions so I can use it while in low light ambience.

Maybe the old heater does need those kind of tweaks but with my unit that is all sorts of overkill. It is even dangerous because you can go up too far and melt the heating element, and I can see virtually 0 advantages.

In my experience you better spend those dollars on a decent bong, it will enhance your enjoyment way further. Removing the ti screens and using regular screens is also a big improvement in airflow with lots of les manteinance. I use Argo screens and they work wonders.

JEMSKU

Removing the ti screens and using regular screens is also a big improvement in airflow with lots of les manteinance. I use Argo screens and they work wonders.

Any chance you can capture a decent picture or vid of the screen inserted into the tip? I've been looking for mesh screens to source in Canada, but I've heard people using both 8mm and 9mm and now 3/8"

EDIT: Found a post that shows an 8mm mesh screen inserted. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-823#post-1174953

Last edited:

Sativapo

For me the ddave ss mesh screen is perfect for the heater. The vapcap ti screen has less airflow and doesn't fit well or is very tough to put snug from the up side. I have the new heater too which is perfect for my use when I finish a bowl at 10 on the dial I have full spent almost black abv without stirring. But there must be differences as I need to force on a waterpiece to combust. There is no such thing as instant combustion with a vapcap tip for example.

jardri

Vapor Dreams

JEMSKU

My setup is not as perfect but here you have:

IMG-0308.jpg

IMG-0309.jpg

Thanks so much! It is a bit hard to see though, are the edges of the screen curled over at all or does it sit pretty flat? In my underdog, the edges of the basket screen were always the parts that gathered gunk and clogged it up, I really want to find a size that sits right :uhoh:

JEMSKU,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Thanks so much! It is a bit hard to see though, are the edges of the screen curled over at all or does it sit pretty flat? In my underdog, the edges of the basket screen were always the parts that gathered gunk and clogged it up, I really want to find a size that sits right :uhoh:

In the vapcap it is flat but you can see there is still residue (not much, i have used this unit intensively for 2 months without cleaning the screen). In the heater it is curled over the heating element and it serves a dual purpose: eliminates rattle and adds a little heat dispersion which makes the unit a liitle tiny bit more efficient. You can see there is no buildup and I have never removed or cleaned that screen.

Sativapo

This is the ddave ss screen. It fits perfectly in the little slot near the edge ( not on the heater so there's still rattling) doesn't go off and no residue so no cleaning just a little blow when a particle seats on it and it flies. The main improvement is better airflow
The ti ddave screen is too thin doesn't grip well on the slot.

I put this on my old ss vapcaps. In the ti tips and 2020 M tip I put ti vapcap screens that hold better on the reduced 50% position that for me provides better airflow, efficiency and bud saving.

Last edited:

idboehman

Anyone know if I could use the blue "travel" VVPS Underdog used to include w/ their vapes with the Wood Scents in lieu of the dimmer? This one:

TravelVVPScropped.jpg

Would be using the power supply that came with the WS (12V 1A), the Underdog is similar but has slightly higher amperage (12V 1.25A), unsure if it'd make a difference behind the travel VVPS.

Also fwiw, it looks like the VVPS Underdog is including with their vapes now is the same as the one Ed sells, outside the sticker and is much more reasonably priced (though it is out of stock to be fair).

https://www.underdogvapes.com/adj-power-supply

idboehman,
Reactions: LesPlenty

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Anyone know if I could use the blue "travel" VVPS Underdog used to include w/ their vapes with the Wood Scents in lieu of the dimmer? This one:

TravelVVPScropped.jpg

Would be using the power supply that came with the WS (12V 1A), the Underdog is similar but has slightly higher amperage (12V 1.25A), unsure if it'd make a difference behind the travel VVPS.

Also fwiw, it looks like the VVPS Underdog is including with their vapes now is the same as the one Ed sells, outside the sticker and is much more reasonably priced (though it is out of stock to be fair).

https://www.underdogvapes.com/adj-power-supply
yes. you can use it with either wall plug and with ud or ws.

solenya

Hey guys. Been vaping for a while but only just recently got my WS from ed and am completely blown away. Such an incredible device. I usually frequent reddit but there was a dearth of WS related info there so i came here and made an account! Been reading through all the posts and i have a couple questions for this awesome community, not sure if anyone can help or if ed still comes on here but here goes.

Ive seen a bunch of posts regarding screen depth placement in the heater as well as viable aftermarket alternatives to the screen from ddave. My question is, if ones screen gets too low for their personal comfort or if they want to swap to ddave screens, how does one remove the Ti screen from the WS heater? I think ed mentioned a fishhook but i dont happen to have any of those lying around, unfortunately. Any other method that people have tried that may work?

Secondly, in regards to those ddave screens, do people usually use the Ti screens or SS ones and do they do the same for both the dyna tip and the WS heater tip? Or do they do 2 different screen types for the different locations?

Lastly, i want to use a spinning mouthpiece with a wooden body. If im not mistaken, i dont think its possible to do so with the wooden stem that the WS comes with as that is 3 inches long (the length of a xl condenser). If i were to get a stem from eds site to put a spinning mouthpiece on would i want the 62mm or 45mm option? Or would both work with different sized condensers? I think someone on here mentioned being able to use the wpa with a standard condenser and a mouthpiece but ideally i would like something that could fit in a dugout.

Thank you very much for looking guys and for any help you can render. Stay safe and stay classy.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Lastly, i want to use a spinning mouthpiece with a wooden body.
Welcome @solenya. It’s a great vape. I also wanted a spinning mouth piece but was confused. It’s a really nice setup for a log vape. I ultimately contacted Ed and he got me squared away. You would be surprised at how reasonable his custom work is. He made me a Blackwood, carbless, xl length, that tapers to 14mm. I even picked the overall shape. I love it so much I have another ordered in two tone amboyna burl on the way. Again, welcome to the thread and welcome to FC.

A0284-F40-50-E6-4389-B443-544-F928-C5973.jpg

Modicum

You can't keep a good man down. Get well soon Ed . Mother Nature 's holding up her end and she's waitin' on you.

Modicum,

Chandler

@Ed's TnT I just noticed you had replied to my query. Thanks I will pm you shortly.

To the rest of the community, can yall point out all your observed upgrades if possible from the new heater over the old. Is there a discernable difference between the two? ! Also, if I was to send my WS back to Ed for the upgrade, are there other potential 'options' now available that Ed offers that I should consider/request?

Much appreciated

Last edited:
Chandler,
Top Bottom