Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lmao: "arsenal of accessories," boy do I love the sound of that! Maybe that should be in my signature!

momofthegoons,

Raf007

Retailer
Should have known for sure you were already on it Mom :)

Miss Zapccessories...:D

Raf007,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I am headed to Memphis for a couple of days tomorrow, the wife and I are gonna spend some QT there on Beale st., should be alota fun, its a well needed break for sure.

Been getting alot done here at Ed's TnT, I knocked out a whole bunch of dugouts, spun a few more tubes, made a few amazing Tiger Maple Stems for the LB, they finished like glass, the curl is so bright in them! I got so excited I ordered a super curly maple board to spin some more, that'd be maple on maple, they look great together! I have all the stuff ready to go to the photographer tomorrow, will have the shots back next week and loaded, gonna be adding a few new items and products.

The vapor accessories for the bats were a bust, they did not live up to my expectations and I will not be doing those.

I wanna get another raffle/giveaway started for the only B & W Ebony Burl LB Stem I have soon, just need some ideas. Would like to make it worth while and would like to help another charity or good will foundation if possible, do you all know of anything like that we could do? I do like the giveaways and you all here at FC make it alota fun and anticipation on my part really, its a joy, thank you!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
gonna be adding a few new items and products.

Sigh......did I not just talk to you about this Ed?!? :rolleyes: Here we go again! :lol: I keep promising a family shot, but I can't stop buying long enough to take the damn thing. :p

My first thought for a charity would be the Red Cross. With what is happening in Japan right now, they are going to need funding. Maybe make it a minimum donation of $10 this time? Every little bit helps.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
gonna be adding a few new items and products.

Sigh......did I not just talk to you about this Ed?!? :rolleyes: Here we go again! :lol: I keep promising a family shot, but I can't stop buying long enough to take the damn thing. :p

My first thought for a charity would be the Red Cross. With what is happening in Japan right now, they are going to need funding. Maybe make it a minimum donation of $10 this time? Every little bit helps.

Ah ha, that is a good idea MOM!

Whats up with that war chest pic, lets see, lets see!

I am sure that family has room for growth, be nice to see a now and later shot maybe.

Ed's TnT,

Adaox

Do you take "custom" orders?

I'm quite interested in a LB Stem, but fear two things.

A) Length. I've modified my stem to be a fair bit longer than the stock stem. Which it appears you modeled your wooden version after.

B) No mouth piece! It's a silly request, but it seems to really help keep the vapor from escaping.

I like to take fat hits, and letting it simmer achieves this thusly the need for a longer tube... the mouth piece just helps keep it in a little better (I think anyways) Not a deal breaker but nice for damn sure. I can post a pic of what I currently am working with if it helps.

Adaox,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Adaox said:
Do you take "custom" orders?

I'm quite interested in a LB Stem, but fear two things.

A) Length. I've modified my stem to be a fair bit longer than the stock stem. Which it appears you modeled your wooden version after.

B) No mouth piece! It's a silly request, but it seems to really help keep the vapor from escaping.

I like to take fat hits, and letting it simmer achieves this thusly the need for a longer tube... the mouth piece just helps keep it in a little better (I think anyways) Not a deal breaker but nice for damn sure. I can post a pic of what I currently am working with if it helps.

Hello and thank you for the inquiry, I would like to see any pics you have, not sure what I will be able to do, but it never hurts to ask. Not sure what you mean no "mouth piece". My concern is gonna be the length of the stem and boring it with such a small bit, that small they tend to walk outa center on ya when pressure is applied during the drilling process, even at 2 3/4" it will drill slightly out of center. Lets talk about it more and go from there.

Thanks again.

Ed's TnT,

Adaox

9cd029e9.png

This is how I get down with the mflb. :)

Adaox,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Adaox, what type of mouthpiece is that? It looks like one of the types that they use on small cigars. Or is it glass?

momofthegoons,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Adaox, with that length, it would be cool to see a Sherlock type setup, that comes out of the box straight, goes up, then levels out towards you. Would make it easier to see into the top of the box while hitting, and give it more of a pipe look...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Adaox

It's plastic. Comes with the no2. As did the rest of the tubing.

I've considered that before myself purpl3 but I've yet to figure out how to make that happen. :/

I'm open to suggestion though!

Adaox,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Ed's TnT said:
Been getting alot done here at Ed's TnT, I knocked out a whole bunch of dugouts, spun a few more tubes, made a few amazing Tiger Maple Stems for the LB, they finished like glass, the curl is so bright in them! I got so excited I ordered a super curly maple board to spin some more, that'd be maple on maple, they look great together! I have all the stuff ready to go to the photographer tomorrow, will have the shots back next week and loaded, gonna be adding a few new items and products.

Was literally about to order a Cocobolo LB stem when I saw this... now I'm gonna have to wait and see as those Maple Stems sound lovely!

Also have to say the free international shipping you offer pretty much sealed the deal. It's annoying when you only want to order something small/singular and you have to pay double the item's worth in shipping - such as I might have to do now since I lost my cleaning brush for my MFLB, doh.

wilf789,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Adaox said:
It's plastic. Comes with the no2. As did the rest of the tubing.

I've considered that before myself purpl3 but I've yet to figure out how to make that happen. :/

I'm open to suggestion though!

Well if you're down with some glass, you could have a blower blow you a glass Sherlock that (when holding it to your mouth) comes to a horizontal LB stem diameter piece, as opposed to coming straight up into a bowl.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
wilf789 said:
Ed's TnT said:

Was literally about to order a Cocobolo LB stem when I saw this... now I'm gonna have to wait and see as those Maple Stems sound lovely!

Also have to say the free international shipping you offer pretty much sealed the deal. It's annoying when you only want to order something small/singular and you have to pay double the item's worth in shipping - such as I might have to do now since I lost my cleaning brush for my MFLB, doh.

Check a local hardware store maybe for the brush. Tell them your looking for a brush (describe size, etc...) that can be used on hot surfaces without melting...

Purpl3_Haz3,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It's a soldering brush wilf. That's why it can withstand the heat from the box.

And as far as waiting, I'd say.....get em both! :brow: Ed can stick them into the same envelope!

Ah...I have no control! :lol: My bocote tube should be here in the mail today. I'll post that family shot as soon as it does. ;)

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Adaox, that is an idea for sure, just not sure how well the bit will drill being such a small diameter, that length is gonna give it room to walk, could easily get outa center. The mouth piece attachment could be done I am sure.

Hang in there Wilf, new products are always exciting, am spinning some now. You cant beat free wolrdwide shipping!

Am anxious to read your thoughts on the Boco tube MOM, cant wait to see the weaponry!

Ed's TnT,

Adaox

Yeah. I knew it wasn't going to be easy per se. But you seem to be open to suggestion.

Anywhos it. Looks like my modded stem (with mouth piece) is roughly double the length of the stock tube. Not sure if that helps but I'm excited to hear back nonetheless.

Oh while I'm here the cherry finish would look the most "natural" with the mflb I think. confirm/deny please. :p

Oh and purpl3 just FYI the length allows my to see the bowl fine. It's a little awkward since you're viewing at an angle instead of straight down. I worry that keeping it anything other than straight would make the tube too hard to clean.

I resonate everything I hit quickly. So easy cleaning is a must for me.

Adaox,

MG23

Relaxin'
Just received my Cocobolo log vape tube and I couldn't be happier. Looks wise it's smooth as glass and beautifully colored. I find myself admiring the wood, it really is a site to behold. Functionality wise it can't be beat. The added air flow from the larger interior size and wideness of the tube adds so much to the draw and I was a little skeptical that the tube would help cool down vapor very much but it really does help a lot, I am able to take much larger clouds in without coughing.

I have the normal vapor tubes and a glass tooty with carb and other than using the normal tubes to attach to my bong and the occasional toke off the tooty when I miss using a glass bowl I doubt I will use anything other than my new wooden toke tube.

Thanks Ed. :)

MG23,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Adaox said:
Yeah. I knew it wasn't going to be easy per se. But you seem to be open to suggestion.

Anywhos it. Looks like my modded stem (with mouth piece) is roughly double the length of the stock tube. Not sure if that helps but I'm excited to hear back nonetheless.

Oh while I'm here the cherry finish would look the most "natural" with the mflb I think. confirm/deny please. :p

Oh and purpl3 just FYI the length allows my to see the bowl fine. It's a little awkward since you're viewing at an angle instead of straight down. I worry that keeping it anything other than straight would make the tube too hard to clean.

I resonate everything I hit quickly. So easy cleaning is a must for me.

It looks like you stem in gonna be almost 5", thats gonna be quite a distance for such a small bit, I know when I put a little pressure on it, its gonna walk outa center. I know it would take some time, it can be done, I am sure I would waste a few before I got it right, just finding the time. Thanks for the inquiry though.

What do you mean cherry finish? Do you mean as far a stem for a match to the LB? I have spun quite a few maple stems today and do have those at the photographers now.

MattyG - I doubt I will use anything other than my new wooden toke tube.

Thanks Ed. smile

Thanks for the kind words and for sharing your thoughts and feelings, I am most grateful, I have some more cocobolo on the way now, its such a unique specie. I love the way it finishes, like glass. I do thank you again and hope you enjoy it!

Ed's TnT,

Adaox

Yeah I was talking about matching the mflb. :x

Don't waste too much time on little ole me.

Technically my setup is a 3 piece stem. The default stem with a tube extender AND a mouthpiece.

The "tube" portion itself is 4.5 inches. currenly. I'd say 4 inches should be plenty with the mouth piece adding the rest of the length.

Maybe those numbers would work a little better? I'm not *that* picky. :p I'd say as long as you can go without sacrificing the quality you're now known for, and that it's easy enough to replicate as I'm sure I'm not the only crazy bastard that would enjoy a longer wood stem from good ole Ed!

I appreciate you taking the time to even look into this.

Adaox,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Adaox said:
Yeah I was talking about matching the mflb. :x

Don't waste too much time on little ole me.

Technically my setup is a 3 piece stem. The default stem with a tube extender AND a mouthpiece.

The "tube" portion itself is 4.5 inches. currenly. I'd say 4 inches should be plenty with the mouth piece adding the rest of the length.

Maybe those numbers would work a little better? I'm not *that* picky. :p I'd say as long as you can go without sacrificing the quality you're now known for, and that it's easy enough to replicate as I'm sure I'm not the only crazy bastard that would enjoy a longer wood stem from good ole Ed!

I appreciate you taking the time to even look into this.

It is a good idea, I will definitely keep it in mind, I really have a whole lot happening here at Ed's TnT, I am trying to keep it quite right now, got a feeln you all will know all about it really soon. I have a really big thing cooking on the back burner right now, feel really good about it and have been in the shop working non stop, just took a time out to get the wifes car to the shop for some minor stuff and stop by and check out the happenings here, just ordered a set of 2700's and a charger thanks to a post over at the MF thread!

Keep an eye out, if you see something before I do pls let me know, I may show up to party late, but I do show!

Ed's TnT,

ninjowned

I love the way wood products look, it's why I like the Purple Days... can't wait to see some of your new stuff and ideas!

ninjowned,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The bocote did come! :clap: I was so excited. I've got to say that it's my favorite (so far...). So, here's that family shot that I've been promising. Hopefully you can see the grain. In order, from left to right are the Blue Mahoe, the Myrtle, the Cocobolo, and the Redwood Lace Burl. The Bocote is in my Zap.
Below is my LB with the cherry stem, leaning on the cocbolo stem. Purdy aint they? :cool:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I did not realize just how many pieces you have MOM, I know this is just what you have gotten from me, I am sure if I go digging around here I will undercover more of the problem! Some one told me earlier "Not to get into my business and all", but does your husband know of this addiction????

Wow seriously MOM, thank you for being part of Ed's TnT, you have made being part of FC such a wonderful welcoming friendly and most importantly knowledgeable forum I have ever been a part of. This is a great place and I gotta say thank you to Vtac for putting this together and letting us all be apart of this! I really dig the pic, its really hard for me to pick a better one, they are all really sweet, I think I am partial to the Mahoe though. Thanks for sharing the pic!

NINJOWNED - Keep an eye out, I am gonna try and build the site this weekend and get the pics monday, hope to have it loaded first of the coming week. I cant wait to see my guys work, his work is really good, he makes my pieces POP!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Yes, my husband does know. He just shakes his head....

There actually should have been one more vapor tube there...the black and white ebony that I bought from you. But, I gave that one to my son. :p Yes, I do have a couple more pieces from here and there.....let's just say I'm a well accessorized gal!

Edited to add: Ed, I've tried emailing you a couple of times now about what we discussed, but they're being returned again. If you did not get my response to your last email, give me a holler.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom