Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
pakalolo said:
MattyGTwenty3 said:
Everytime you mention a new wood species it makes me want to wait before making a final decision. They're all so beautiful and I wouldn't want to miss out. I love koa wood.

Eat your heart out:

450px-Mflbkoa2.jpg

I don't use stems, but if Ed ever offers koa I will be sorely tempted.

ETA I'm so mean...

Wow, thats a sweet piece! As a matter of fact I just got a bunch of Koa and should be turning some stems for the LB soon my friend, dont be tempted just do it!

In fact I just spun a few beautiful Koa Tubes last night as well as some hella figured Walnut Tubes, very nice pieces.

I will have those vape attachments for my wooden brass bats here today, I have just verified them at home, gonna get a couple betas out first of the week and get them to the photographer. What I am told is that you lightly pack the bat, slide the diffuser on and barely hit it with fire from a lighter, the attachment is supposed to just warm the air and flow through the light load in the bat, am told they work really well. I will let ya know!

Ed's TnT,
Just ordered a Cocobolo stem, I cant wait!

was going to order two but Im going to wait for new tubes

shizlefonizle,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
shizlefonizle said:
Just ordered a Cocobolo stem, I cant wait!

was going to order two but Im going to wait for new tubes

Just got your order, filling em now, you ship in the morning!

Thank you.

Ed's TnT,

gvape

Well its time for a review, as I promised before and to make the review even better I got pictures to add :)

Stem Review:

I have got to say that since I have gotten these I have not one used my plastic tubes. They really feel great in your hand and hitting them is just that much smoother. I have not once even thought about attaching a water piece either, which normally I do quite frequently.

The detachable tip is a neat idea and I like how it makes it that much easier to clean. However, I find that with the tip and insert it really sticks out too far. I would like to see the area that the tip is inserted moved in further or more flush to the tube. Just a bit weird that it sticks so far out to me. But in no way do I see this as a problem to the functionality of the product.

Also, I am not sure if this has to deal with the design of the wood tube or because of the brass, but I have noticed that the stem is much harder to clear out in the wood tubes. I feel that I can get it out in a few taps with the PD stem, but with this I need something to clean the edges as it caked around the sides.

Either way if you are looking for another attachment to your log vape, you should not hesitate to make a purchase. Its a great add on and something that I will be using all the time. A great buy that you will not regret making.

MFLB Tube Review:

As far as the MFLB tube, I feel that the design and idea is there, but I think it needs a bit more tweaking. My stem really needs to be jammed in the box and even so I feel that its ready to fall out if I bump it. Whereas my plastic tube fits in snug and does not seem to be going anywhere. Aside from the fact that it may not fit in great. How can you argue with the looks of this thing. The dark black and red tones of the wood really make the Cocobolo tube look great. I love the look of the light wood on the box and the dark wood of the tube.

The thing works great too, I just enjoy hitting my MFLB with an all wood setup and losing the plastic tube. I have not really used this too much yet to notice if its hitting any different then with the plastic tube, but I find it hard to see that its going to be worse :)

So the bottom line on both of these is buy them if your thinking about it. You wont regret it, they work great and look great. On top of everything, BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE! Ed wants you to be happy and he was more then helpful with getting my product corrected and to be in a timely fashion. I had a problem with my order and he got everything sorted out extremely fast! Thank you again.

Now for the best part... The Pictures.

gvape,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Also, I am not sure if this has to deal with the design of the wood tube or because of the brass, but I have noticed that the stem is much harder to clear out in the wood tubes. I feel that I can get it out in a few taps with the PD stem, but with this I need something to clean the edges as it caked around the sides.

gvape, the only time I've had this problem is when I try to empty my stems before they are finished. If the stem is cashed, you should be able to just blow the little herb "plug" out without using anything to scrape the tip. Now that you already have some accumulation in the stem tip, you might want to clean them and then try hitting your stems a few extra times to make sure they are finished in the future.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow gvape, your review and pics are great, I do thank you.

In the top pic you can see that in the walnut tube on the right, that the tip and insert do poke out a little further, you may also notice that the crimp in the tip is showing, on the Kabo which is left the crimp has been pushed further into the tube itself, I got to thinking that the insert might get stuck back in the tube and may cause some problems with removal being that far into the tip, so I brought the crimp out a little and wanted to keep that out of the tube as not to obstruct it and also give you a little more of the insert itself to work with in case there was a problem encountered, this by no means hinders its function, this is the way they will be made from now on.

I have my own MFLB and have found that the 3 acrylic stems I have all need to be really pushed in to fit snug, so I turned the wooden stems to also fit tight as they do.

To quote you gvape, "On top of everything", it is all about customer service, making sure all my customers are a 100% satisfied is whats its all about, I only sell what I would want to buy and treat others as I would want for myself. You did mention you had a problem, and my goal was to solve it ASAP, thats what you can count on from Ed's TnT.

If for any reason you may have a problem, email me and lets talk about it, and we'll get right!

edited for adding more info:

Ok, I really have a whole lot happening here, thought I was gonna get all that to the photographer this week, am gonna have to push that back another week, didnt get as much done as I would like. I have mentioned the Koa Tubes that are made, I am gonna spin some Bocote and Red Palm Tubes also this week and get all that shot next week. I would like to wait and have everything ready at one time.

Just sent out a couple of vapor attachments and bats for testing, looking forward to hearing good things from them, I feel good about these and think you all will too. Will let you all know what I know when I know.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Alright, hope all is well out there, as I said so much is happening here at Ed's TnT, its almost overwhelming, the blessing that have bestowed upon me!!!

Last night I turned a few Tiger Maple Stems for the LB, they look great, finished really well! Look for those in the coming week or so.

Blanked out all the Bocote for tubes and forgot I had gotten Red Palm to try also, I should have those done and ready for the photographer next week. Its all coming together one thing at a time.

I really feel good about the future, I hope you all are feeling it too!

Ed's TnT,

reece

momofthegoons said:

gvape, the only time I've had this problem is when I try to empty my stems before they are finished. If the stem is cashed, you should be able to just blow the little herb "plug" out without using anything to scrape the tip. Now that you already have some accumulation in the stem tip, you might want to clean them and then try hitting your stems a few extra times to make sure they are finished in the future.

mom is right. It isn't the wood tube or the brass.

reece,
wow got my Cocobolo tube already. its .. its.. beautiful

just cleaned the tube with some iso with the pipe cleaner and its stained dark brown. is this normal?

shizlefonizle,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
shizlefonizle said:
wow got my Cocobolo tube already. its .. its.. beautiful

just cleaned the tube with some iso with the pipe cleaner and its stained dark brown. is this normal?

The cocobolo is gonna run a little when you wipe it down with ISO, it should never be soaked, you should really never soak any of the wooden stems or tubes, a cotton pipe cleaner should be pushed through for cleaning, most of the species I use may be wiped with ISO with very little discoloration, cocobolo has natural oils in it that will cause the colors to run when ISO is applied, I recommend just simply pushing through a cleaner a number of times until free of any debris. You can get several cleaners and bundle them together to really get into cleaning the inside of it. After a while the inside of the stem will season the piece and prolong its life.

Pls email me and lets talk more about it.

I finished these earlier, Bocote Tubes and Cocobolo Tubes, I really like they way both of these finished, really think the bocote is one of my favorite woods to turn, it is easy to work, handles a knife and slicks out like glass. Am gonnna load at my shopping cart for now and will get the website soon.

Bocote Tubes
BocoTubes3-10-11.jpg

Cocobolo Tubes
CocoTubes3-10-11.jpg

Ed's TnT,

MG23

Relaxin'
First thing I thought when I looked at the picture of the new Cocobolo: "Sold."

Is it okay to purchase through the current Cocobolo link?

MG23,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^
:lol: That's what I thought when I saw the Bocote!

Got a nice little cherry stem for my LB from Ed. Gotta say that these are really nice! Fits perfectly and seems to cool the vapor a little more than the stock stems. Part of me is happy. Part of me says, "oh shit.....now I've got another damn thing I want to buy! :lol:

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
MattyGTwenty3 said:
First thing I thought when I looked at the picture of the new Cocobolo: "Sold."

Is it okay to purchase through the current Cocobolo link?

Yes sir the current link is good to use, am updating pics at the SC right now.

momofthegoons said:
^^^^
:lol: That's what I thought when I saw the Bocote!

Got a nice little cherry stem for my LB from Ed. Gotta say that these are really nice! Fits perfectly and seems to cool the vapor a little more than the stock stems. Part of me is happy. Part of me says, "oh shit.....now I've got another damn thing I want to buy! :lol:

Damn accessories are coming out of the wood work, pardon the pun!

Glad your happy thanks for the help Mom.

Ed's TnT,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Ed, I was stocked yesterday when I got 2 of your MF tubes (Cherry & Cocobolo) from Raph007.

Beautiful little pieces. The Cherry is the good color match with the MF while the Cocobolo is the "cocktail stem" :D ...it brings the box to a higher "classy" image!

To me it also has a slight cooling effect on inhaled vapor... SO really happy about my new wooden accesories! Just a question though: what do you recommend as a cleaning/reclaiming method when these little beauties will have internal sticky walls?

FLskwat,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
FLskwat said:
Ed, I was stocked yesterday when I got 2 of your MF tubes (Cherry & Cocobolo) from Raph007.

Beautiful little pieces. The Cherry is the good color match with the MF while the Cocobolo is the "cocktail stem" :D ...it brings the box to a higher "classy" image!

To me it also has a slight cooling effect on inhaled vapor... SO really happy about my new wooden accesories! Just a question though: what do you recommend as a cleaning/reclaiming method when these little beauties will have internal sticky walls?

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad your happy with em. As far as cleaning I would just simply push em through with a pipe cleaner. I dont reclaim so am not really familiar with any techniques for doing so.

DO NOT SOAK THE STEMS IN ISO OR ANY LIQUID!!!

Doing that could cause the cocobolo colors to run and even crack the stems. Wish I could be of more help. Again I am glad you like them and do hope you enjoy, pls let me know if I can help in anyway.

Mom, do you have any ideas for cleaning and reclaiming the stems?

Ed's TnT,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
twist a Q-tip throught the stems,,do this when its warm, and all the goo will be on the tip of the Q-tip., i just smear the goo into the inside of my tincture jar,,,

medme,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
medme said:
twist a Q-tip throught the stems,,do this when its warm, and all the goo will be on the tip of the Q-tip., i just smear the goo into the inside of my tincture jar,,,

Thx for the (Q) tip ! ;) :D

FLskwat,

Raf007

Retailer
Yup, I confirm those stems look so nice on the LB !!

It's a real pleasure to be able to chew on a wooden tip if one feel so, and it some how brings the LB experience and customization to another level.

Plus it really cools down the vapor, which is useful for me as I got a sensitiv throat. I am not implying it completely cools down the vapor but it does a real noticable job.

Mom, I don't remember if you already got one although I think that yes, but if not you will love those for sure. :)

...and it's nice to finally be able to enjoy Ed's work without owning a Zap (...yet).

Raf007,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Raf, I've got two, thanks to Ed; a cherry and a cocobolo. And you are right, I do like them; very much. My goal is to get one of each of these, as well as one of each of the vapor tubes. A girl just can't have too many accessories! :p We're going to have to find a way to get a Zap in to your hands Raf! I'm still hoping that things will work out for you for the EuroZap.
Back to topic....
I'm afraid I don't know of a tried and true way to reclaim the resin from the wood portion of the tubes, or the LB stems. One thought that I had had was to run a pipe cleaner dipped in solvent (Everclear or 151) through the tube/stem. You would have to do this often as I think it would be difficult to get the resin off the wood once it builds up. This is the method I used for the plastic stock stem that came with the LB. Then, perhaps you could soak the resin off the pipe cleaner for future use. Some have put the plastic stem in the freezer for a bit, then push a wooden skewer or Q-tip through to reclaim the little ball of resin that comes out and this might work for the wood stems as well.

momofthegoons,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Haha, I like having the same LB stems as Mom! :D and thanks again for the tips!
I hope our EuroZap project will become soon a reality as well! ;)

FLskwat,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
FLskwat said:
Haha, I like having the same LB stems as Mom! :D and thanks again for the tips!
I hope our EuroZap project will become soon a reality as well! ;)

I know I would really be interested in seeing a euro zap, there are some great wood species out there that would make some awesome pieces!

Thanks for posting all the tips you all as well, also the positive feedback!:)

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Had a rough night last night trying to decide between the Bocote, the Afzelia and the Blue Gum. :lol: Finally decided on the Bocote. I figured it contrasted the most with the other tubes I have. This was a tough decision. All that pretty wood...I need a 12 step program... :p

momofthegoons,
momofthegoons said:
Had a rough night last night trying to decide between the Bocote, the Afzelia and the Blue Gum. :lol: Finally decided on the Bocote. I figured it contrasted the most with the other tubes I have. This was a tough decision. All that pretty wood...I need a 12 step program... :p

You made a Damn good choice mom, I been eyeballin that bocote. Them bocote tubes are sick, Prolly gonna have to grab one now since you got one and made me all jealous. Been a good afternoon out for me, hope all you other folks are doin good too. :peace:

PanicFreak,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I second that good afternoon Freak, am headed to the shop now, gonna have a well anticipated vape session!

edited for forgetfulness

I think you made a good choice MOM, your arsenal of accessories is becoming a war chest of assault weapons, capable of delivering a one, two, hellova punch! Thank you.

Ed's TnT,
:lol: that collection does seem to grow a lil bit every week. O well, its just hard not to buy some stuff and I must admit eds got some nice stuff to buy. Man I hope that vape session goes good, I am vapin right now and doin a lil more research on that wood I got this afternoon. Whew I am feelin good, hope that vape session does you good ed.

PanicFreak,
Top Bottom