Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
gvape, the vapor tubes will fit all of the log vapes. The cleaning of these is sort of a two step process. The stem tip comes out for easy cleaning. That can be soaked in iso or Everclear (or 151) for cleaning. The tube itself should be cleaned, if necessary, with a pipe cleaner (which Ed supplies) dipped in iso or whatever you are using. The tube should NOT be submerged. If there is buildup in the metal part where the stem tip is inserted, you can use a Qtip dipped in your solution. I haven't found it necessary to clean any of the tubes I have yet, and I have had a couple of them for quite a while. I just take out the stem tips occasionally and give them a good soak.

And congrats on getting your thread Ed! :D

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ed's TnT said:
shizlefonizle said:
Ed's TnT said:
Thanks for your inquiry, they are not for sale yet, blanked out a bunch of cherry, walnut, and cocobolo last night, am gonna work em up this week, hope to have some thing available within the next couple of weeks, probably be sooner, but would rather tell you later, thats how I roll!

Thank for the kind words!

thank you for the reply. ill be waiting patiently

Hello again, I am headed out to the shop now, should be able to spin some stems this morning. Gonna be Cherry, Walnut, and Cocobolo at first. They will range in price from $12 - 15, I hope to have some pics loaded and them available at my shopping cart at least by this evening.

Also been asked about Cherry Wooden Vapor tubes for the log style Vapes. All my wooden tubes will work with the MZ, PD, and WDZ.

gvape said:
Do you clean these the same way you would with a normal stem, shake with iso?

Also, there is no problem using these with a Purple Days, correct?

Really great looking pieces of art and would definitely look awesome having a stem in wood.

The tips are removable and can be soaked, I add a couple of extra fluffy pipe cleaners to each tube, you can push the tube through with them, but really havent found a need to do so yet, they tend to stay fairly clean. Mom has posted her technique above which works really well for her and I recommend her instructions.

I strongly suggest not soaking the wooden tubes or stems in any liquid at all, this would cause them to crack or burst and that isnt cool at all.

Thanks mom for the congrats and for helping out with your experiences here with my work, I do appreciate your info and your help you offer others here at this thread! You're the best!

Ed's TnT,

gvape

Awesome, thanks for the comments back!

I am very intersted in both a stem for my PD and MFLB. Cant wait to see those MFLB stems up on your website.

Another question, when I was looking at the pictures on your website, the Black Walnut looks significantly thinner then the other stems. Any reason for this?

gvape,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
gvape said:
Awesome, thanks for the comments back!

I am very intersted in both a stem for my PD and MFLB. Cant wait to see those MFLB stems up on your website.

Another question, when I was looking at the pictures on your website, the Black Walnut looks significantly thinner then the other stems. Any reason for this?

Oooo thats a good call on the walnut tubes, I didnt have a whole lot to work with at the time, those are a little thinner than most, the last bunch of walnut I got was 3/4" thick, had to turn those a little smaller, it does not in any way hinder their use of flow in any way.

Am about to go live with the LB Stems and new Cherry Tubes, gonna load first at my shopping cart here

http://shop.edstnt.com/main.sc;jsessionid=14FDCF497CF1FDDED1726C59CDEADB49.qscstrfrnt02

and will come back here and load a few pics here, then load my website Saturday morning. These all turned out amazing, am really happy with the stems, I know you all will be as well.

How bout these

Cherry Tubes
CherryTubes.jpg

Walnut LB Stems
WalnutLBStems.jpg

Cocobolo Stems
CocoboloLBStems-1.jpg

and Cherry LB Stems
CherryLBStems.jpg

All are available for sale and can be found here at my shopping cart.

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Yer killing me Ed! :lol:

My name is momofthegoons.....and I am an accessory addict..........

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Hey Guys,

Wanted to let everyone know that I was able to get my hands on a MFLB stem from Ed and it looks great. Its got a really nice feel and looks just awesome. The only problem that I had was the connection between the box and the stem wasn't quite right, but this was before Ed had a box himself. Now that he has his own I am sure he has perfected that minor problem I had. Having a sexy stem makes the whole box just seem that much more slick.

It really is a nice piece and I am very grateful I was able to get my hands on it! Thanks Ed!

collegerower,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
couldnt help myself, had to grab a cocobolo LB stem. . . it was like some blind compulsion

DevoTheStrange,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
The walnut lb stem looked too good to pass up and I've had my eye on the cocobolo tokes. I had to get both. I still like to smoke a bowl when I'm trying out a new strain of bud. I used the promo code "Lorenzo" for a discount.

pinoy,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Just placed my order for cherry and walnut lb stems as well as a kobo rosewood Zap stem. Can't wait to see these things in person, and of course use them!

aesthyrian,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
collegerower said:
Hey Guys,

Wanted to let everyone know that I was able to get my hands on a MFLB stem from Ed and it looks great. Its got a really nice feel and looks just awesome. The only problem that I had was the connection between the box and the stem wasn't quite right, but this was before Ed had a box himself. Now that he has his own I am sure he has perfected that minor problem I had. Having a sexy stem makes the whole box just seem that much more slick.

It really is a nice piece and I am very grateful I was able to get my hands on it! Thanks Ed!

Hey thank you for all your help grower, you have been a whole lota help, I thank you so much!

momofthegoons said:
Yer killing me Ed! :lol:

My name is momofthegoons.....and I am an accessory addict..........

Hello Mom, welcome to the group!

DevoTheStrange said:
couldnt help myself, had to grab a cocobolo LB stem. . . it was like some blind compulsion

pinoy said:
The walnut lb stem looked too good to pass up and I've had my eye on the cocobolo tokes. I had to get both. I still like to smoke a bowl when I'm trying out a new strain of bud. I used the promo code "Lorenzo" for a discount.

aesthyrian said:
Just placed my order for cherry and walnut lb stems as well as a kobo rosewood Zap stem. Can't wait to see these things in person, and of course use them!

Wow, I have been seeing all the orders coming in for the stems and tubes, I am so thankful for all these! I have been out in the shop the last couple of days, hard at it, making it happen. Got my lil bro-in-law to help out, he's gettn oldr needn dough for going out, hangn with friends, and such. Well lucky him I have sand paper that will fit just about anyone's hand!!!

We got alot done this past few, spun even more stems, to stock up what I am offering, and even made a super rare Asian Black & White Ebony Burl LB Stem, its not like what I have been offering in the tubes, the grain in swirly, creamy salt and pepper kinda, no eyes just super sleek, its gotta to be the rarest stem on this earth! I am planing on having another drawing/raffle thing here soon, it will make for s great prize.

I really gotta say I feel good about these stems, all of them having been turning out really well, I have split a few, but the majority of them make it, and gosh they are nice, with my own LB I can make sure that each and every piece fit nice and tight! I cant wait to read your thoughts and share in your stories!

Thank you!

Ed's TnT,

reece

I don't want a stem for my Launch Box. I prefer to use it without the stem. Why am I drooling over those pictures?

I'm with you mom and I believe it is quite unfair to post those pics when Ed knows there are weak willed people around here. ;)

Nice work Ed. Keep on keeping on.

reece,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
reece said:
I don't want a stem for my Launch Box. I prefer to use it without the stem. Why am I drooling over those pictures?

I'm with you mom and I believe it is quite unfair to post those pics when Ed knows there are weak willed people around here. ;)

Oh man come on now, I am not trying to twist ya'lls arms, just wanna show you whats got me all excited!

You know I appreciate the kind words Reece, if you change your mind, let me know so I can put a stem in your hand!

Ed's TnT,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Just got my mahoe tube in. Came in yesterday found the package sitting on the kitchen table when I woke up this morning. This thing is freaking amazing. Nice wood grains and the likes, cool contrast between the two colors.
First thing I noticed when using it, the hits are way smoother and not as harsh. More than likely due to the much larger inner bore of the tube compared to the original plastic ones. The draw is way easier as well. I would say that it is on par with my glass tube I have. Loving this thing. Can't wait to see my LB stem.
I did burn myself though... I tend to hold my tubes with my index finger down near the end, right next to the metal parts. Muscle memory took my finger there right into the hot metal part.

DevoTheStrange,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
collegerower said:
Hey Guys,

I was also honored with the privilege of being one of Ed's betas for these stems. I have a lovely one in cocbolo. I had the same problem with the stem fitting in the box, which Ed has now corrected on his stems. I have to agree with everything college said about his stem. A beautiful addition to any LB. Really glad to see Ed branching out in the vapor field. :D

Oh Devo....you've been branded! There are a few of us out there..... :p

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
Just got my mahoe tube in. Came in yesterday found the package sitting on the kitchen table when I woke up this morning. This thing is freaking amazing. Nice wood grains and the likes, cool contrast between the two colors.
First thing I noticed when using it, the hits are way smoother and not as harsh. More than likely due to the much larger inner bore of the tube compared to the original plastic ones. The draw is way easier as well. I would say that it is on par with my glass tube I have. Loving this thing. Can't wait to see my LB stem.
I did burn myself though... I tend to hold my tubes with my index finger down near the end, right next to the metal parts. Muscle memory took my finger there right into the hot metal part.

Glad you like that Mahoe Tube Strange, you gotta enjoy those heavy hits, those make the tubes alota fun. Just you wait for the LB Stem, you really gonna dig it with the MF, it makes for a great combo!

Thanks for the kind words bro, I do wish you many good times with your tube and soon to come stem. it ships Monday.

momofthegoons said:
collegerower said:
Hey Guys,

I was also honored with the privilege of being one of Ed's betas for these stems. I have a lovely one in cocbolo. I had the same problem with the stem fitting in the box, which Ed has now corrected on his stems. I have to agree with everything college said about his stem. A beautiful addition to any LB. Really glad to see Ed branching out in the vapor field. :D

Oh Devo....you've been branded! There are a few of us out there..... :p

Mom, I was glad to send you one, just hate it isnt what it is now, you can count on these new pieces, they are the cats ass!

Ed's TnT,

reece

Ed's TnT said:
reece said:

Oh man come on now, I am not trying to twist ya'lls arms, just wanna show you whats got me all excited!

You know I appreciate the kind words Reece, if you change your mind, let me know so I can put a stem in your hand!

:lol:

If you stopped posting pics I'd complain about that. :lol:

If the timing is right I'm going to grab a Mahoe tube in a few weeks.

reece,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I have been eyeing some other various wood species for stems, dont wanna just jump off into multiple species until I know where this is going, got alota of good ideas and woods I am thinking of though.
Think maybe some purple heart and even blood wood would make for some great color contrasts with it and the box.

I really like the wood body on my MFLB, with the wooden stems, it pops!

All orders ship tomorrow, I am anxious to hear feedback, thanks again everyone!

Ed's TnT,

jordon23

I really like these tubes. Just wondering how long they are compared to a stock white zap tube?

jordon23,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
jordon23 said:
I really like these tubes. Just wondering how long they are compared to a stock white zap tube?

Not exactly sure what the dimensions are on the stock plastic tubes, I have been making mine at 4" at the start of this and have worked it down to where they are 3 5/8", I think they are fairly close in length.

Hope this helps!

Ed's TnT,

jordon23

Thanks for the fast response. I am eyeing the amboyna burl. Is it a pretty durable wood? I really like the pattern in the wood but want something that can handle some use.

jordon23,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
jordon23 said:
Thanks for the fast response. I am eyeing the amboyna burl. Is it a pretty durable wood? I really like the pattern in the wood but want something that can handle some use.

I only have the one Amboyna Tube left, yes it is very durable and should last a long time, I do have a warranty on all my stuff, I give ya 90 days, I am dealing with wood, and generally anything you may encounter should happen within those 90 days, and if it is defective I will replace it free of charge.

The Amboyna is actually the burl form of it and the grain is so wild and unique, no 2 pieces are the same!

Ed's TnT,
Amboyna burl is super durable. I have had a couple amboyna pieces from ed and that is some tuff wood. If you do scratch it or anything else, just slap some eds bomb ass butter on it and it will shine like new.

PanicFreak,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
PanicFreak said:
Amboyna burl is super durable. I have had a couple amboyna pieces from ed and that is some tuff wood. If you do scratch it or anything else, just slap some eds bomb ass butter on it and it will shine like new.

Thanks for the word up Freak, a little BAB will slick it right out!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom