1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Ed's TnT, Feb 11, 2011.

1. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

For those of you who have used bomb ass butter on the enano, could you get the bottom of the enano feeling smooth?

Mine feels rough/grainy near the bottom and beeswax doesnt want to melt there since it doesnt get hot, wondering if B.A.B. has a lower melting temp

ataxian and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  2. NickDlow

NickDlow Log Hog

Oh, if you mean between the bushing and the outer wood where the bushing connects. I have no clue. I've never had that problem. Sorry.

3. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

@starvingmusician24 Ohhh sounds like you have let that thing get mighty grimy, hmmm I cant say as I have heard anyone else mention that ever happening to them. Sounds like you have been really enjoying that piece and am glad to hear it just not sure how to clean that part of it, hmm.

Has anyone else ever had this issue before?

@olivianewtonjohn BAB should work well for this, the mixture is much softer and easier to apply than solid beeswax, I feel that it would work much mo better for this instance. Pls give it a go and let me know how it works for you.

@NickDlow Thank you as always my man for stepping up and helping out best ya can bro!

Thanks for the bump here yall, wish everyone the best!

4. starvingmusician24

starvingmusician24 Well-Known Member

@NickDlow @Ed's TnT thanks for the help guys. But sounds like I can't have nothing nice haha. Sounds like another reason too get a new stem then.:tup:

5. Snappo

Snappo Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!" Accessory Maker

Been enjoying my Ed's stems now for a long long time, and haven't had any honey oil build-up present a problem at all between bushing and wood stem. I have lightly sanded all my wood stems inside to a smooth finish, and when giving an infrequently needed cleaning, I just use a Q-tip moistened with vodka or Everclear or good whiskey, scour internally, and all becomes fresh as a daisy. If by chance anyone finds honey oil gets lodged between the SS bushing and the wood stem, just heat up the bushing with a flame lighter for a few seconds and then briefly dip n shake vigorously in favorite spirits... towel dry and then air dry under a high speed fan. You will not crack or unduly dry out your wood stems. Of course, for ultimate new look, timeless preservation & finish, use Ed's Bomb Ass Butter all over, inside & out. I very rarely use glass stems and highly favor wood stems for obvious reasons.

6. starvingmusician24

@Snappo the man with answers thanks brotha

7. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

Butter worked much better than beeswax. Maple fiddle back enano looks awesome with the extra shine, happy camper

8. Ed's TnT

Hello and good morning, forgive me long long delay here, geez with all the happenings and such I have gotten behind in many areas, my bad.

@starvingmusician24 What did you decide to do bro? Hope all is well your way!

@Snappo Thanks always for stepping in with great advise, you are the man!

@olivianewtonjohn You gotta love BAB, easy to apply for an eye popping shine, thanks for the post!

Wish everyone the best out there and hope you all have a great weekend!

9. starvingmusician24

@Ed's TnT man I tell you dipping the steel in ever clear and taking a lighter to it to dry it was a great idea. It came out brand new, but you gotta be careful or it could easily get out of hand.:worms: Big thanks to @Snappo for the advice. @Ed's TnT hope all is goin well you way brother. I've kinda been staying away from here trying to save some money up for the holidays haha.

10. Ed's TnT

Hey hey so its been a while since I was round this way as well as many others, geez I have been slammed! So I was doing orders the other day and look at this beauty some lucky customer for the Enano will be getting

[​IMG]

Cocobolo is so the shit, I freaking love this species, its so stinking hard and durable I can do anything with it and the colors and BAMB beautiful and every once in a while you get a stunner like this piece with this bright eye in it, say what, DAMN!!!

Oh and get this, one of my beta testers tells me that all my OG SS bushing Nano/UD type stems work great with the Ti internals of the WS as well, so can yall say "Winner Winner"!

@starvingmusician24 Glad you found that info to work well for ya and probably a good idea to put some dough back I gotta a feel you going to be giving me some of it really soon so dont spend to much on the holidays or people you care about, screw em they dont care about you like you or I care about you, you need some wood in your life, to hell with them!

11. starvingmusician24

Haha I'm glad we're in the same page brother @Ed's TnT. I'm ready for the titanium and wood beauties you have in store with us. :tup:

12. Ed's TnT

@starvingmusician24

My thoughts are

Click to play YouTube Video

They dont care about you like I do...

13. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Had a great day thanks to @Ed's TnT, massive thanks my friend.
    [​IMG]
    The main OD was great just the spigot that came off it was too small, drilled them out and put a piece of 8mm SS tube in for the Omni Twists I've been doing.
    Again many, many thanks.

14. Ed's TnT

Hey hey, @phattpiggie My man so glad those bushings worked out for you bro, a man is only as good as his tools, the right tools make the job so much easier, got a butt load of those if ya ever need any more in the future, just holla!

15. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Had to stop by and say thanks for your wonderful work. Got a new OmniVong, with a familiar branding, its a beauty. Hope things are going well, happy new year bro!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Ed's TnT

Wow @SSVUN~YAH very cool seeing that rig, I like George's caps those look great! Hope all is well my man, ya know you will be able to use that with the WS very soon sir!

duff, Aezhenn, Squiby and 3 others like this.
  17. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

That is my fantasy piece:o, you are very lucky!! I just hit Matt up at Dynavap looking for this exact combo of Skinny burl vong omni, unfortunately the only ones that exist right now are in the hands of lucky owners. Ed, if have any 14mm burl vong pieces in need of a good home please give me a shout anytime, my door is always open:tup:.

duff, Melting Pot, Ed's TnT and 3 others like this.
  18. Beezleb

Beezleb Well-Known Member

This thread has brightened my whole day!

Keep on keepin on
    [​IMG]

Few will recall me but I send people here for two reasons. One, when they want vaporizer information and when they want some if not the finest woodwork for this industry.

Love to see well the forum has done. Was never a doubt in my mind. Ok, back in the nether of smoking essence I go!

Beezleb!

jeffp, Melting Pot, Adobewan and 6 others like this.
  19. Ed's TnT

Good morning everyone, so much greatness to come! Hoping you all have seen what I am doing over that the up and coming desktops thread, if not get your butts over there for a look!

@almost there I gotta agree bro that is most certainly a fine combo, one to be admired for a long time! I so wish I could help you out my man, when doing work for George I send all I have and any extras made so one laying around aint there, I do apologize. Will say that I have some nifty pieces to come that will mate up withe the VC that will be coming out with the WS very soon.

@Beezleb Wow bro I so remember you gosh its been a while, pls dont ever change your profile pic, I so appreciate all the kind words and have always been glad and get a grin every time I see you stop by. Be like you knocking at my door Id grin from ear to ear reaching out to you bro, thanks for that this morning! Pls pls check out the WS thread bro, I hope you will drop by there and let me know what you think of the direction I am heading in, am very excited and hope you will be a part of it in the future. Best wishes and thanks again for posting up, always good to see you!

20. Ed's TnT

Good morning everyone, been a bit since my last visit here, gosh with so much happening with the WS its been tough. All is well and all is good!

Wanted to stop by and do a Show & Tell this morning, many of you all know our guy here @Aezhenn is a true woodsman himself. He does great work in a variety of different ways, from craving to turning to anything really. He has become a good friend of mine and a solid to me, he has done some new pieces I wanted to have at my site and offer to anyone that is interested and get the word out for his work.

First off, he does these great wood storage tubes for the standard VC model

[​IMG]
    Made from Sapele, the length of it is at 4 3/8″ with an ID of 9/16″ X 4″ depth. Has the cork top that slips on the top and stays well and snug in place.

He has also done these nice Plenty Vape stands

[​IMG]

as well as these Mighty Stands

[​IMG]
    These pieces are all well made, very sleek and definitely made with purpose. You can find them at my site at https://edstnt.com/ under the accessories section. As with all orders you get free shipping world wide!

21. Ed's TnT

Alright and good morning to you all, I thought you all might like to see this and in fact @ataxian would like to see this more than anyone, so for a wee bit of Show & Tell,
    [​IMG]

Here is a 4" PTFE Solo stem I made, its rated for up to 500 degrees, the SS bushing can be easily removed for cleaning and such. I had it go out Monday for testing. I figure it will work out well and look to hear what you all think so maybe they can go to production!

phattpiggie, ataxian, turk and 13 others like this.
  22. Ed's TnT

Gosh everyone its been a bit since I was over here last, I wanted to let everyone know I have just made a released a new stem species for the Arizer Air, I did these in African Blackwood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can grab these at my site. Also I have some great new additions from my guy at Wood4Vape, a must have for any Arizer Air user

[​IMG]
    The Arizer Air/Stem Wood Storage Case itself is 6 1/2″ in length x 2 1/2″OD. Has a tight fitting top that holds snugly ensuring your Air and stem stay in place. The depth of each cavity is just deep enough to store them both safely without moving up or down within the case. The Arizer Air/Stem Wood Storage Case can store any standard glass Air Stem as well as all my wood Air stems.

[​IMG]
    Also have these neat Arizer Air Stem Storage Tubes

[​IMG]

The Arizer Air Aroma Stem Storage Tube measures at 4″ in length x 7/8″OD. The tube has a cork top that fits tight within ensuring your stem stays safe in place. The depth of each cavity allows for storing any of my 3″ wood Air Aroma Stems or standard Air glass stems.

[​IMG]

Grab one now! Also have some more great stuff coming, just gotta shoot em and get em listed. A beautiful new species of VC Storage Tube w/magnetic bottom and even a Arizer Solo Glass Stem Storage Tube. Keep an eye out more goodies to come!

23. turk

turk turk

....keep it coming brother...your stuff is great...

24. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Now your MODERNIZING your thought.

His_Highness, Ed's TnT and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  25. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Great work @Ed's TnT & @Aezhenn :bowdown:

I'm tempted to buy an AA just for your guy's goodies! :rockon:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors