Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Ed's TnT, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Reflections

Reflections Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Ed!! Wow what a present!!!

Squiby, VegNVape, Melting Pot and 4 others like this.
  2. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Lol Mom my thoughts exactly, only a decade between us Ed.

Vacation looked like my kind of thing and my kind of spaces. Best of times.

Happy birthday and many, many thanks for the likes over in my shed.

RBBB looks really nice, I still can't believe we were both about to take a similar step into the unknown when we were chewing the fat.

3. Copacetic

Copacetic Somewhere North of The Wall

4. Oogendoogan

Oogendoogan Well-Known Member

Yeah man redwood has been my favorite wood since I first saw the redwood Forrest in California. I grew up in LA so that was one of my first times really seeing the woods. I have loved redwood ever since :tup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED!!! :clap::clap:
    Enjoy your day and also make sure to enjoy that bomb ass sea food dinner! :D

Squiby, VegNVape, Vape Dr. and 4 others like this.
  5. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

Good morning and thanks so much for all the bday love yall, wow how cool, its very much appreciated! Has been a good past few days, havent gotten as much as I would have liked done but hey thats ok I am still not quiet in the swing of things just yet, getting closer everyday! Had a wonderful dinner the other night, had a big stuffed flounder, had head and tail on, figure they just sliced him down one side, pulled out his insides and stuffed him full of meat and stuffing, omgosh, had grilled asparagus spears with it all had a creamy butter sauce over it, wow it was something, wanted to take pics but didnt want to look like a cook snapping pics at this joint lol. Woot woot even got my couple gator tags for this year, was so worried that I might not, my two friends were side by side of me, there were 6,000 people on the site all trying to purchase, it was so bogged down it should have crashed but didnt thankfully, took me 25 minutes to get mine, my one friend the same, my other got denied, sold out in 45 minutes, so we got 4 tags, its on its on! Gosh yall so much is happening, went by my new place yesterday, the renters have moved out so I will get the keys when we close the end of the month so will be moving the days after, got boxes yesterday for the boys and I to pack some stuff. This move will be my last, there is no doubt in my mind after all I have to do. I have to move all my stuff from one house to the other, have to empty my shop, disconnect the power, load and move my shop, power back up, and move all the machinery back in, bolt it down, oh everything has to come out of the shop, its not something I am looking forward to but has to be done. I cant imagine how many load in the truck it will take to get all the wood moved, thankfully I have 3 helpers that cant ditch me nor back out, mini me's! Got them for the rest of the week, we are doing a movie tonight or tomorrow night, that will be fun if I can just get them to agree on the movie, thats the tough part.

Got quiet the bit of Show & Tell to do, follows first off!

@Philreal187 Thanks much my man, you are so right, only a number, hope I get many more in my life! Glad you like the pics and the times we did, greatest post of all time, lookout, thanks so much, its a pleasure to share and very humbling to me that you all take the time to stop by, means alot! Yeah bombs be bout to drop, betas anyway!

@Melting Pot Thanks for all the kind words, really like you saying its a happy place here, yall make it so! My friend and I are going to do some shooting Saturday morning, he has a few AR's going to be a blast! Keep an eye out so much to come!

@Aezhenn Thanks for stopping by and the welcome, happy to be part of the club brother!

@SSVUN~YAH Hey hey, like that bday stickm appreciate, need to try and get me one of them, figure could have it for future bdays, be like a scepter or the mighty shoosher, if someone gets outa line I could quickly get them back in line, they will be no negativity at my week long bday celebrations!

@Baron23 Hey hey thanks, slow down now I aint trying to get to 60 just yet, I know time flies, hoping it dont fly that quickly lol! I am such a kid at heart, I can get simply ignorant and just stupid at times, having my 3 young sons, laughs and good times are so important, I try not to be so serious all the time, I can put my Erkil pants on and get a laugh always! Forgive me as I said I am still tyring to get in the swing of things, not sure what name is on the order or whether I got ya out yet, maybe you can hit me up PM and we can discuss it more if ya like. Hey hey, I am all about shotguns myself now, dont think for a sec I am not, and so so all about waterfowl hunting bro! Got the boys in 4H shooting sports, thats good stuff, you need to go back a few pages check out where I got my last Texas hunt published online and the mount I had made from what I saw in my head, never seen anything like it. Hey where are you at, tell me about your duck hole, ohhhh I am all over it! Thats a S&W M&P 15 to match my S&W M&P 9C.

@momofthegoons Thanks much, I feel like a puppy at times lol!

@CarolKing Right on and thanks too, I hope all is well!

@Squiby I like that and thank you for all the happy love!

@Reflections Thanks, I thought you would have liked my gift to myself!

@phattpiggie No sweat my man, I like what you are doing over there at the shed, well done, glad to see you get some recognition homie! Hoping we can do that care package soon enough. I feel the coincidence myself, how cool is that bro, so hope it works out for both of us! Thanks for the wishes!

@Copacetic Hey hey, really like that slice of cake, nice find!

@Oogendoogan Redwood burl was my first burl to work, threw me with the weight of it, when I got into this there was very little I knew, had no idea it was that lite and soft, fun to work and looks amazing when finished, I understand why you love it so. Thanks for the wishes bro!

Alright alright, showtime!

This is the last pieces of glass I had to shoot, gotta get more info as far as what they are and do, am sure you all know a heckofa lot more than I do about em, will be available soon, gotta get descriptions and figure pricing but am really close now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for another couple of VB beta's I did

White Ash/torched

[​IMG]

Mahogany

[​IMG]

Wish yall the best!

muunch, Bizkat, scottg402 and 19 others like this.
  6. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

HAVE AN AMAZING BIRTHDAY. 40 is a such a major transition.
    Hope your move is smooth. I hate moving and plan to never leave where I am. Course by the time I was your age I'd moved over 10 times.
    I am not going to slow down much when I retire. Just work fewer hours somewhere else. If you need someone to demo one of your logs- not for technical feedback but to see if they are simple enough for someone with minimal coordination- I'm your volunteer.;)

Melting Pot, Aezhenn, Squiby and 3 others like this.
  7. Ed's TnT

Good morning everyone, wow what a day, we are finally getting some rain down here, yesterday evening was so nice, rain came through dropped the temp quiet a bit, its in the forecast for the next few days and I am not going to complain one bit! The appraiser got delayed a week maybe two, he has done it but the seller has to do a few smalls before they will sign off on it, so so ready to get the move on. I had an ok bday, not sure if I mentioned it, split up with my girl a couple months ago, we just didnt see things the same way and werent going to, so I had a date, dinner was great, had a big stuffed flounder head and tail on with a creamy lemon butter sauce, RRRRRRRRRRRRRR, convo was good but just didnt feel it for a second. Had some fun with the boys we did the movies Secret Life of Pets, was good but not great, we've seen alot of animated movies, some of the best but this one not so much. Omgosh its raining here now! Its that time of year again, next weekend is the state wildlife extravaganza, woot woot, we so love to do that, outdoor gear, hunting stuff, deer sausage, duck calls, boats, atv's RRRRRRR man stuff! Got a concert tomorrow night, my best friend is driving over, we are doing Skid Row & Ratt, old school, grew up listening to both but never saw either, was told that neither have original singer front men but hey who cares scored the tickets for free! Bout to head out to the shop, thankfully the cooler weather makes for a colder temp in the shop, colder is better and makes work mo easier! Am super freaking excited and will elaborate below and pull up a chair at the grown folks table in another thread.

@little maggie Thanks for the bday wishes, I appreciate you! Yeah I am not one for moving either, but am looking forward to this one for the most part, as I said the house will be easy, had the boys pack and throw out a bunch of stuff last weekend, we are bout ready for house stuff, not looking forward to the shop and stuff, ugh! Oh my, when I first got married we moved 4 times in a year and half, that was crap! I'd love to have you test for me, but have had my list put together for a long long time, thanks for the offer to do so. I am sure you wont have any trouble with the VB, its similar to others that are out there for the most part, so you are already familiar with how it works pretty much. I thank you for stopping by and wish you the best!

Alright for a VB Show & Tell, this piece below is a curly Maple body, I am installing internals and bench testing today and this weekend, sending out beta bombs first of the week.

[​IMG]

Looking forward to the weeks ahead and the feedback from everyone!

scottg402, CarolKing, Squiby and 15 others like this.
  8. Aezhenn

Aezhenn Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Woow! Another beautiful log, bro! Well done! :tup:
    Each VB Show & Tell let me (and certainly us...;)) anxious to see, touch and try those wonderful logs! :brow:

Ed's TnT, VegNVape, NickDlow and 5 others like this.
  9. Reflections

All the VB's look amazing Ed, cant wait to hear more about them. Count your blessings on your 3 helper <movers> lol!

10. yogoshio

yogoshio Annoying Libertarian

Any update on pricing/availability on the hookah adapter?

I have a few that would be awesome to use with the Evo inverted.

Am i correct that it would allow you to attach this piece to the top of a hookah in place of a bowl?

Ed's TnT, Philreal187 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  11. beach bum

beach bum Member

Just dropping by to greet old friends. :wave:

@Ed's TnT that maple VB body is a beauty. Good luck with the internals-you know I'm :drool: with excitement!

Happy weekend everyone. :peace:

12. Ed's TnT

Good morning, been hanging with the boys when not in the shop, went with them and visited family yesterday afternoon, saw Skid Row & Ratt last night, forgot how old I am getting, texted my guy last night before the show telling him who I what I was doing and that they were 80-90's bands, he replied thats when he was getting born lol! Show was ok, the music was way too loud vocals were hard to make out, that and neither had their original front men but hey ticket was free so why not, got a few free drinks and a free dinner out of it, guess I know people! Ughhh, got in my truck yesterday, I keep it clean, yeah the boys eat a little here and there in it but its always neat, not a crumb was in it, opened the door and freaking ants are in it! Its that time of year down here, so stinking hot that they are looking for places to go, we have had a bunch of rain lately so not sure whats going on. Usually this time of year they will make their way to the kitchen sink, I have had exterminators out and it works for a little while but never actually stops them in the hot hot summer. I have never had them in my truck before but now I do, not cool! I have a fridge out in my old shop, a couple years back I had them in the freezer, they only made it in a few inches and were dead but never the less thats part of living in this paradise I call home in the south!

Not sure how many of you have seen it but I started a thread for the VB in the up and coming vape section, seen some of you over there, some not, by all means stop by and say hello!

@Aezhenn Thanks brother!

@Reflections Oh you are so right, took the boys by the place the other day, they are excited, not quiet as much as myself, think them having to move all our stuff may be part of their lack of enthusiasm lol.

@yogoshio I have just got the pricing structure figured out, I will make all these available this coming week, pls hang in there with me! Ah yes you are correct the hookah adapter works just like that!

@beach bum So good to see you stop by, has been a while, I hope all is well down your way! Glad you like what you see, much more wondrous things to come, bright days are ahead!

Snappo, Aezhenn, Shit Snacks and 9 others like this.
  13. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Ed I wanted to show you this wooden stash box. When it's shut you really can't figure how to open it right away. I've been looking for another one similar but I can't find anything. Is this something that you can make? The lid slides over. It comes off too. I have another one that's more rectangular and larger. I think something like this could be a big seller. I know you are busy with the new log vapes. Just wanted to show you.

[​IMG]
    Here it is closed. There's no smell - perfect for travel.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Reflections, Bizkat, Snappo and 16 others like this.
  14. Ed's TnT

Good morning, wow have been really busy with the VB, gosh its fun, been getting overall great feedback so far, am so excited! Pls check out the latest pieces I posted there at the up and coming area.

@CarolKing Wow thats a nifty little box ya got there, I have seen similar and with that tight dove tail lid it makes a great storage piece. I like the top too very nice! I have looked into this type of top and bottom when I was doing dugouts, just never did it cause I didnt want to loose the top, I had one like it long ago and always seemed to be searching for it but as a box I could see that being a great piece. Hm I am not sure if you know it or not but my good man and member here at FC @Aezhenn does amazing wood work and makes wonderful boxes and such for just this type of thing. I hope he will stop by and show us what he is up to, I know he could do really well with you all. I hope all has been well for ya and look to hear what you think of the latest VB's and my post there.

Reflections, Bizkat, Snappo and 6 others like this.
  15. jimfish4130

jimfish4130 Well-Known Member

Just been looking through older posts drooling over the pieces with turquoise inlay

How can I see more of @Aezhenn's work? The rings ed has are beautiful

16. Ed's TnT

Good morning, what a week its been, doing so much work with the VB, bout to close on my house finally Tuesday, oh my it has been suck an ordeal. I hope you all have seen the updates and such at my VB thread here, alot of good is coming in from the testers am super excited to make this happen! Am working with my cuz in Texas for a hunting trip out next month, early Teal season, ohhhhh yeah its starting to feel alot like hunting season, oh my gosh, gator season starts the 24th, Teal in Tex Sept. 10th, deer archery Oct. 1st, woot woot, lookout fresh viddles on the plate hooray! Gotta get the boys out and shake the rust off of em, getting them ready for the hunts as well, oh my this is the time of year I so live for now til Jan. 31st!

@jimfish4130 My man, @Aezhenn does amazing work bro, you got to get with him, his latest batch of rings are so sweet! I know he has some awesome pieces he would be more than happy to show you and get your input for a special piece just for you, he is a heckofa woodsman!

17. Reflections

Bumps this thread back to the first page..lol. New house, kids back in school..hunting..busy you!

Ed's TnT, SSVUN~YAH, Aezhenn and 3 others like this.
  18. Ed's TnT

Bump bump @Reflections Thanks for keeping the love alive darling! Got some new things under my hat for stems I am working on, am really excited if it works out like planned, will be a big big deal so keep an eye out for neat things to come everyone! Oh and by the way, whats that, uhhh Ed has a thread now in the Glass section here at FC, uhhhh yeah thats right!

Squiby, Shit Snacks, VegNVape and 6 others like this.
  19. Reflections

Dang Ed you are all over the place! LOL.. hmm why dont you add the links to all your threads to your signature?

20. Ed's TnT

Ahhh @Reflections What a great idea, I will do that in just a few, good thinking missy!

Squiby, Aezhenn, SSVUN~YAH and 6 others like this.
  21. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I finally gave in and ordered the glass whip for my EQ. Missed the coupon because I'm on the opposite coast and the coupon expired on east coast time. Doesn't matter because I went to buy it before I saw the coupon. Can't wait to try it.

22. Ed's TnT

Good morning and thank you @little maggie I saw that order come in all is good, I appreciate the biz and look forward to your thoughts of its performance, hope all is well your way!

Philreal187, NickDlow and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  23. starvingmusician24

starvingmusician24 Well-Known Member

Let's bump @Ed's TnT back to first page status. And I have a a question for my fellow wood enthusiast. Does any one have a trick for cleaning the metal bowl piece on the old air stems? I have one with a pin in it and I can't seem to get all the built up honey out from between the metal and wood.:hmm:

24. NickDlow

NickDlow Log Hog

For my old stems with the pin I just remove the clip and screen. Dunk my qtips in Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey and go to work. I use two, start from the bottom and twist as I push up.

Sometimes if it's really built up it clogs near the pin. I simply blow it out and there a big chunk of reclaim just sitting there. Or tear off some cotton on the qtip to fit between the wood and pin.

I use alcohol I'm comfortable injesting which why I use the whiskey. Plus it leaves a nice after taste in the wood.

25. starvingmusician24

starvingmusician24 Well-Known Member

@NickDlow Thanks man. I normally clean everything with ever clear. But I think I may have not been completely clear enough. My issue is the oil seem to leak out the metal bushing around where they connect on the outside if that makes since?

SSVUN~YAH, Philreal187 and NickDlow like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors