Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@KidFated. My man I got room for you in my boat, all you gotta do is have a state sportsman's license and a $25 gator hunting license. Itd be a hellova time my friend, come on, bring a thermacell and glasses to keep the bugs out of your eyes!

@vaplen Thanks for raising that question and thanks to @RUDE BOY for posting the answer, I need to look into getting some of those to send with my stems, would be helpful I am sure!

kingfisher

@kingfisher Hello and thanks for the question, I wanna say I have had a guy email me about such a piece, we spoke about it a couple times but have been so slammed its hard to keep up with where I am at with that piece, are you the guy from the emails? I would be happy to give it a go if you like but really would like to have one of the ESV stems in my hand before I begin work. If you would like to send me one Ill do my best and fit you in and get it worked up as soon as I can. Gotta be honest I would like to do something a little different. Thanks again for stopping by and I look to hear from you again soon!

Wish you all the best out there and hope you all stay cool and safe!

I will send you a mouthpiece. Not the guy from the emails. Let me know where to send it. I would not be opposed to having it be a little thicker outside of the ESV and stepped down to fit the I'd of the unit. Just an idea I could send a model .

vaplen

so do some of the underdog accessories directly work with a nano stem? Like the screens, the c-clips. I also don't know which o ring would be better I assume the one that goes on the heater core if you are stemming most of the time cause that would allow more space I think

NickDlow

Log Hog
so do some of the underdog accessories directly work with a nano stem? Like the screens, the c-clips. I also don't know which o ring would be better I assume the one that goes on the heater core if you are stemming most of the time cause that would allow more space I think

Yes get the core o-ring and place it where you'd like your stem to stop. And the Ed's bushing that fits the outter dimension of the cores should be interchangeable. The UD bushing that fits the inner dimension of that Ed also makes will not work with a nano because there is no inner dimension.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
My stems should be here this week :D Ed's got some beautiful stuff to show you guys, I gave him an order and told him to go wild and customize them as he saw fit...haven't seen the finished product's yet, but the shots he sent me are great so far! Helluva job!

Feel like a kid on Christmas :clap:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good afternoon everyone, I hope all is well out there! Been tough tough down here, really hard to get anything done in this heat. They say that in the next couple days the temps should be in the low 90's, what a relief that will be! Now I wanna say first off to @FlyingLow My man, I havent gotten as much done as I would have liked, I am working on your piece and setting stones my man, shouldnt be much longer now brother. I am just wanting to make sure I get you right. @Snappo you my man are getting your stones set also, I appreciate you hanging with me as has @FlyingLow means alot to me yall! This is the first full week of school for my boys and already my youngest asked me to check him out of school one day this week, I was like son you just started school its still the first week, I cant check you out early yet! He kept asking me why not dad, cant you just come get me early one day, lol. Hes in the first grade too, cant be that bad! They keep telling me the oldest two, sure wish we didnt have to go to school, they say they would much rather be working. I told them yeah I said the same thing and when I was working I kept saying gosh I wish I was back in school! Would much rather someone else worry about paying the light bill! They dont know how good they have it. Anyway, I have hard at it for too too long, I am taking the day off today and really not trying to make much of an impression or a showing, it is what it is and dont go thinking you are going to get much out of me, am picking up the boys from school, hoping they dont have homework and will retreat back to the couch for the remainder of the day! To all yall giving it hell out there, I wish you the best!

Now to the good stuff, its once again show and tell, really got to do a few pieces out of the ordinary at lengths that I really never do, wow what fun they were and what good feedback I have gotten from there owners.

First off we have all 3 Goncalo Alves, the top two are 5"L wood length UD OEM stems, the bottom is at 4 1/2"L that I intended on being a full 5"L in wood alone but as does crap happen it did so with this piece and a 1/2" had to be sacrificed. Its for the UD with the outed style bushing. All have been turned to 14mm.

Show%20amp%20Tell%203_zpsu6fwkgpk.jpg

Here we have a couple pieces for the Nano, Amboyna Burl 3"L 14mm and a wanna say 5 1/2"L Mexican Katalox 14mm long draw stem.

Show%20amp%20Tell%202_zpsjlsocak3.jpg

These are all for the UD at 18mm, top three have the UD OEM bushing,Buckeye burl 3"L top, 5"L curly Olivewood, & 5"L Afzelia. The bottom piece is 5"L UD Ed's bushing curly Olivewood.

Show%20amp%20Tell%204_zpsh6gkdfka.jpg

For the last at S&T we have both pieces in curly Olivewood for the UD, the upper is a 4"L 14mm stem, the lower is a 14/18mm wong.

Show%20amp%20Tell%201_zpsvpv3pnnl.jpg

I hope you all like what I have done here! It has been alot of fun to do these lengths, was kinda iffy bout them at first but its kinda like a bigger canvas with more room to work, really allowed me to do a little more without making them to busy looking, I just hate busy pieces, really anything that looks too busy. I think I said it earlier, too much flavor can make a bad taste!

@kingfisher My man, thanks for the offer bro! I sent you a PM with the details, get that thing out to me and we can talk specs when in hand. I hope all is well and look to hear from you soon!

@vaplen & @NickDlow I got an email in from @underdog for the Orings, he gave me the 411 on them and will soon be adding them to the stems I make for the UD that use my bushing. BTW @underdog hope you like the pieces above also, you have some great folks with many many UD's that I am happy to do work for, if not for you I couldnt do what I do, thank you!

@HellsWindStaff Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate them and the work you sent me! As I said they were fun to make and I really enjoyed the time even though I got one of yours wrong, but at least it turned out and I didnt have to chunk it in the bone yard! Merry Christmas my friend, I look forward to when these pieces are in your hands and wanna hear your thoughts!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
That's the trick guys, we just swamp Ed with so much work that he accidentally puts the wrong bushing on, and voila! Two stems! I very much appreciate that buddy, it's going to a good home :)

Like I said earlier, love the looks and can't wait, great stuff you did for everyone else as well! Funny that you don't do bigger stem's that often, couldn't tell from these orders!

C'mon mailman, c'mon

CrazyJustin

Got me a couple of stems from Ed, for my Solo and Air, in the mail yesterday. One African Black Wood and one Ukrainian Bog Oak. After a days use, I couldn't be happier, with them.

I wanted to put together a less fragile pocket kit for my Air and Ed's stems are the perfect solution.

Thank you very much, Ed!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

Received my stems today and have to say they're Sweeeet beyond belief. In the picture above they looked beautiful to me but the picture Doesn't come close to doing 'em any justice compared to how they are when in my hands... Some wonderfully Beautiful work with some beautiful wood.
Artful Craftsmanship of the highest quality to say the very least, these will be in use with my 'dogs for years to come for sure.

THANX ED.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

Mine came today too, only managed to glimpse them briefly when I was home for lunch, but I second Rudeboy inregards that the picture's do not do justice to the work. They're amazing looking in hand, the Olive Wood is nice and smooth and has a nice weight to it, I love the Afzelia's grain lines (is this correct term?) looks awesome. And the Buckeye Burl has some nice burls and a real, idk, fragile isn't the right word the wood feels great; maybe just much lighter than I expected, a slick piece.

Also though, something that I can already tell I will love, is that the mouthpieces on all the stems are big wide bore mouthpieces. Thought it was because of the SS tips, which I do think is the case to a degree, but even the one with Ed's style, looks a bit wider than the stem I got a few months back with the same core. This, is a great thing! Other stem got lots of reclaim in it pretty quick, literally was dripping out the bottom at one point lol, and while that's my bad on not cleaning it a bit earlier, I feel like the wider air paths will help me be lazy with the cleaning :)

Can't undervalue some quality craftsmanship, these are awesome and I'm a very happy camper :) I'll give some user results later and snap some photos of them in action or a nice group shot if I find a nice camera around somewhere lol.

Edit: They all work great!! Some REALLY intricate work done with the beading tool, I am discovering new things while using them lol. A + stuff

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning you all, just stopping in to follow up, am getting ready for gator hunting school this afternoon, got a 3 1/2 hour class on what to do, what not to do, how to be safe, how to clean and tan the hide also. Will be cool, I am taking my oldest son as he will be going gator hunting with me also. Its a voluntary course that I felt couldnt hurt to attend. Why not right, I have never done this before, have watched swamp people but its a little different here in my state, and sure as heck dont wanna loose a finger or arm by doing something stupid which I am more than capable of doing! Been in the shop the last few days trying to knock out more custom stiff before I get busy on I know upcoming wholesale orders. Its go go go round here!

@HellsWindStaff LOL, you right there, was a little overwhelmed week before last and doing so many different pieces is fun but not just am I capable of doing something stupid I am also more than prone to make a mistake, so in the end you got an extra freebie! Really glad you like them all and you are right on all points, the Olivewood yes is very slick and does have a nice weight to it, the Afzelia does have fine grain lines that I admire about that specie, and yes the Buckeye is rather soft and light giving it that fragile kinda feel to it. At first I really wasnt a BE kinda guy due to its vulnerability but have come around to it since. For the bore hole the UD OEM tipped stems do have the standard size that I use with all those pieces, the UD stem with my bushing maybe a tad larger but only by a fraction or so. Thing is using my bushing I like to have a thicker wall on the shaft or thinner depending on the density of the wood, the harder it is the larger the bore hole can be and therefore the thinner the shaft thickness can be, the softer species will have a smaller bore and a thicker shaft wall so that I can attach the bushing. I am throwing around an idea in my head I got from @VapCap for attaching the stems and bushings a different way. Instead of a SS pin to hold the wood to the bushing I am wanting to implement a high temp oring into the shaft and compression fit the bushing to the stem. This idea would give the user complete ability to disassemble the stem for cleaning and even swapping out wood stems if they prefer. Its still a thought and I hope to have a few made soon and ready for beta also!

@RUDE BOY I gotta say your pieces were fun for sure, I look at that top piece the straight stem and really dig the black markings on it, kinda almost looks like a shadow figure with its head being the UD tip. You are right my man, as much as I try to take pics to accurately represent the pieces they are never near as nice as when you are holding them in your hands. Thanks for the work, kind words as well as patience and cooperation!

@FlyingLow Thanks for the kind words bro, very much appreciated! Those are nice and I feel your comments about the remains of a forest fire, they do have that look. I gotta say bro the choice of wood I got for your stem has been a little tougher than I thought it would be. Its the first time I have ever turned this species, its rather soft, not nearly as soft as Buckeye but not nearly as most of the hard woods I turn, it has really taken some finesse and time, but no sweat, I will be putting the finishing touches on it this weekend and be in touch with you in a day or two.

@Aezhenn Hey there my man, glad you like those pieces also, really really like the beading tool! I am using it so much I am having trouble keeping it sharp, going to have to find a better tool for sharpening soon!

@507E Thanks to you too for the kind words, am really enjoying working your new project, what a piece!

@CrazyJustin Good morning, glad to hear you like the pieces also my man! Just one thing though, the Bog Oak for the Air is Scottish, I was getting Ukrainian but no longer, the latest batch is from Scotland and Ireland, still very nice and with just as much history! Hope you enjoy them for a long time to come!

CrazyJustin

@CrazyJustin Good morning, glad to hear you like the pieces also my man! Just one thing though, the Bog Oak for the Air is Scottish, I was getting Ukrainian but no longer, the latest batch is from Scotland and Ireland, still very nice and with just as much history! Hope you enjoy them for a long time to come!

Sorry, my bad. Had my eyes on them for a while, didn't notice the change. Funny thing is I'm part Ukraine and Scottish.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Well well good afternoon everyone! Wow what fun gator school was, my oldest and I learned so much from how gators come about, how they numbered way back in the day to how they were almost extinct to how they are so many now and where they are located. We learned that of course that stuff you see on TV's Swamp People is alot of dramatized filming and such and what we will be doing is nothing like it. Our state has adopted a more strict method of harvesting and very very controlled! There will be no dozens of gators in anyones boat, no one firing rounds across the water hoping for a good shot, no taking advantage of Mother Nature! This is going to be so much fun and I can not freaking wait! The instructor for the class is the guy who setup and implemented the season in the state and he showed us a pic of a bug male that was tagged and released that measured 13.5"L, belly girth of 71" with a tail girth of 51", this massive beast was tagged several years ago and is still out there. Only 11 more days left! Have been quite busy the last few days doing this and that and working in this and that, have quite a bit for show & tell, will post up below!

@CrazyJustin Wow my man, you have been watching for a while then! Glad you got in that piece and hope you are still enjoying it! As am I part Scottish, half to be certain! Love it there for a visit but aint no place like home here in the US, gotta love some Dixie bro!

@FlyingLow One more day or so my man, I am really not trying to get in a rush with your piece and thank you for your cooperation, when I get rushed things tend to go to hell really quick and that aint cool! Like the way your piece is shaping up though, keeping my fingers crossed til the end!

@beach bum My lady thanks for stopping by! As I said wont be long got 11 more til start and 21 til the end, so will be frying fresh tail nuggets soon enough with pics to show for it! Am thinking about getting some sausage made as well, think that would be awesome, have never eaten any that way but surely it would be great, will let you know!

@TeeJay1952 Ahhh you have stumbled upon their versatility, well done! You are very correct, the SS bushing acts as an oven and thoroughly vapes the loads completely. I like that and hate when ABV gets stuck in a chamber, really hate digging it out, these stems can be packed and vaped, then just blow through to discard the ABV then load and go again, works very well for me. I am glad you are enjoying the piece and thank you for stopping by bro!

Now for show and tell, a little of this and a little of that with a little something new to spark a little interest!

First off, heres a couple numbers I did for a good guy, he wanted to longer piece initially, had him give me a call to talk species and all that, he went with Cocobolo, so I had his # and I texted him a sneak peak, lol was back at the lathe turning some more, took a break between pieces and had 4 texts and a missed call, as it turned out he had to have another and he was lucky enough to get the second piece from the same blank as the first, matching! Its so hard to take good pics of these pieces, they are so vibrant with many colors, the streaks, the twists, wow they pop in the hand! You know who you are my man, thanks for the work!

Eds%20E-Nano%20Stems_zpsrjsb7lrs.jpg

Now if anyone is interested these couple pieces need a home, top piece is a 3"L 18mm Afzelia Burl Nano Wong, bottom piece is a little piece I did with the new beading tool that I wanted to try a new design and I think it turned out well, its I wanna say a little over 2"L 14mm Cocobolo Nano Wong. If anyone is interested in either please let me know and we will go from there!

Eds%2018mm%20amp%2014mm%20E-Nano%20Waterpipe%20Adapters_zpsedczxuol.jpg

Here is a 5x5 Walnut Solo Base with a nice feather crotch accent on one side, the stems are pieces I added for the shot!

Eds%20Arizer%20Solo%20Walnut%20Base_zpsbjhteltw.jpg

Eds%20Walnut%20Arizer%20Solo%20Base%202_zps0qxb6vjz.jpg

This piece is a Big Leaf curly Maple Nano stand, wooden stem holes on one side and glass stem holes opposite

Eds%20E-Nano%20Maple%20Base_zpszt5d3a3o.jpg

Eds%20E-Nano%20Maple%20Base%202_zpskc9lxhzk.jpg

Both the above stands were fun to make, I hope you all like them!

Now this piece was a little tough, my guy put me to the test, it has the dual turquoise bands and as you can see 3 small turquoise inlay-ed dots getting smaller in size the father back they go, there is 4 large dots at the bigger end away for the MP with 2 descending from the larger on the opposite side for a total of 8 dots, quite a task, also made from Cocobolo!

Eds%20Arizer%20Solo%2018mm%20Stem_zpszsx1oxus.jpg

Now to something that has been on the bench for quite some time and for some reason I had it in my head I needed to do it this way or that way and all the ways I thought of doing it just wasnt working out, I had even thought, wow I may need to get a small welder for the job. Well if it hadnt been for my guy to say WTHeck I dont think I would have been here today with this new creation! I am so dumb at times and overlook the process at times and try to figure it out the hard way when the easy way has been there the whole time. Like I told my guy, was like a light went off in my head or having a bolt of lighting hit me, he mentioned why not try this, well well, why didnt I think of that??? So I thought about it for a little while and had to get right on it! Remember this is still in design and mock up so it will change slightly but for the most part I feel it is what it is and how its going to be. You will see the SS WPA has that groove in it, I had just gotten some HT Orings so I slide one up and into the groove after having measured the OD, seems I have a bit that it just over it at .003" OD, the WPA with the Oring fits nice and snug within the downstem now and easily removable for cleaning and such. I bored the longer draw stem hole at a slight angle that will probably angle upward a little more in the final version of the downstem. I put a taper on the end on the draw stem so it fit really tight in the downstem and gave it a few accent beads then tapered it quite a bit to the MP. I am really excited about how this looks and how it doesnt look, I hope you all feel the same! Check it out @caphector

Eds%20Lotus%20Stem_zpsy1wqfg2y.jpg

Eds%20Lotus%20Stem%202_zpsf0s5anva.jpg

Eds%20Lotus%20Stem%203_zpsg50mimn9.jpg

Eds%20Lotus%20Stem%204_zpsgi9xlkze.jpg

Eds%20Lotus%20Stem%205_zpsajqh3q3y.jpg

Pls let me know what you think about the Lotus I am super anxious to hear what yalls thoughts are and suggestions!!!

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Ed ~ You are livin' the dream! I was strolling through the interwebs, saw this beast, immediately thought of your chasing down gators in one of these! I believe this might be bout the only vehicle I would feel totally comfortable going gator hunting in:evil:

....though I am not sure how salvageable a skin might be after the mini gun stops spinning!

487485_446547868730004_1103342804_n.jpg

The craftsmanship exhibited in the pieces above is amazing, keep turning those bad boys out!
Seriously though, definitely no need to rush... I learned on Friday I have to go back under the knife for another excruciatingly invasive sinus surgery (attempt #3) on Thursday and will not be able to vape for at least the following week.
:ugh::cry::bang::(:mad::uhoh:

Here comes the
:puke:

FEEDBACK TIME~
  • Long Stems- Stunning! So pretty, you might have to start calling them "wands":lol:
  • Big Leaf Nano Base- Love it! I love this species and always thought they look so silky.
  • Dual T-banded Coco- OMFG HURRUMPH! Even a blind man could appreciate this!

• LOTUS LOTUS~ Yowza brother! So glad to see this one in development for my favorite vape! I love the direction this concept is going- run with it! As wonderfully flavorful, effective and functional as the stock metal stem is, I see Lotus users constantly seeking a non metal air path and I think these will do well for you and perhaps get others to reconsider the coming into a Lotus knowing they can use your stems. For travel, portability and cleaning purposes, might you consider a version with a removable/ screw-on stem to downtstem connection? There might be enough room to fit the whole thing [broken down] into a standard vape pen case, with the cap, WPA and all:brow:. I am REALLY excited to see these come to market!

@SSVUN~YAH ~ That collection is beautiful!!

Top Bottom