Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@momofthegoons Wise words on the weight, thanks! That is a neat idea for the bottle vase, I will do so, will tell him this afternoon after we get in the shop, thanks so much! He will be excited and grinning ear to ear!

@vapebuddy13 LOL like a miniseries, Oh my gosh thats funny! I do get off topic and way out there on just about anything, thats what I love about FC! Like I said in here before I dont get out much being in rural MS., the hustle and bustle of game nights are about as much action as these little towns will ever see. Getting on here is about the extent of getting out of my tiny little world! Thanks for your post with the info, I will for sure look into it and get a game plan going, probably need to get a calorie/diet/exercise app., I got one of those new fangled de vices that pretty much do it all fer ya!

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I love unsweetened tea! It's funny, too, because my grandma raised us on great sweet tea. But i prefer unsweetened, luckily.

Ed, I recently changed my diet and am having great success with what mom said. I've been stubborn about it for all my life, but a few documentaries this year have got me on the right track. That sugar in your tea will undermine anything you try to do with health.

all about calories in vs calories out.

I was raised on this philosophy myself and was preaching it until pretty recently. Apparently it is wrong in our society. It makes sense for a normal diet, but for our fucked up western diet it has no chance of working. Check out Fed Up (Netflix) for a good understanding.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I was raised on this philosophy myself and was preaching it until pretty recently. Apparently it is wrong in our society. It makes sense for a normal diet, but for our fucked up western diet it has no chance of working. Check out Fed Up (Netflix) for a good understanding.
Fair, I did end with "and of course type of food plays a big role too." :p I cook everything I eat to fit my diet but if you are loose with deciding what is being cooked or eating out a lot then yeah it can be a lot more complex than in vs out...

@momofthegoons Wise words on the weight, thanks! That is a neat idea for the bottle vase, I will do so, will tell him this afternoon after we get in the shop, thanks so much! He will be excited and grinning ear to ear!

@vapebuddy13 LOL like a miniseries, Oh my gosh thats funny! I do get off topic and way out there on just about anything, thats what I love about FC! Like I said in here before I dont get out much being in rural MS., the hustle and bustle of game nights are about as much action as these little towns will ever see. Getting on here is about the extent of getting out of my tiny little world!
haha agreed! This thread is always entertaining to read and keep up with your work! It's great stuff

C-weed

Glad that you are feeling better Ed...keep that positive mindset rolling and do what makes you feel right!....I hope to soon see a tab on your website where I can buy one of those wonderful wongs for my Arizer Air....and man....that is one pretty chocolate lab......im gonna call you again very soon....we need to roast a pig or a lamb this summer...im only up the road in Tennessee....

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone!

@stickstones Ohhhh I dont know unsweetened tea, thats a taste that would take me some getting used to, beer was the same way but I did it, guess it aint all that bad! Yeah, have a friend that tells me what his coach told him in school, says "Boy whats good to ya, aint always good for ya!" I will give that a look Sticks, and yall are right, in and out, just about works with anything that affects our bodies and life as well, you put good in, you get good out, you give good, you get good in return.

@vapebuddy13 I am glad you stop by and give me some of your time, means alot to me that you all stop by and posting up is a big deal, I really appreciate you all more than you know! You all make FC what it is and my day quite a bit!

@C-weed I aint trying to get ahead of myself, still kinda one day at a time, one job at a time, gotta be back in Bham freaking Thursday, surgeon wants to see me again, got an elevated BP and a touch of dizziness trying to creep back in, ah it is what it is, and just another bump is all! Website is going through a complete overhaul, got a great friend of mine, my EU guy/distributor is a webmaster and is a freaking wiz at wordpress is working it up now and I hope to have it launched by the end of the month or early next month. Its going to be nice and a real upgrade from where its at now! Wont be long for the Air stems at all, just a little longer is all. Thats a Chesapeake Bay Retriever my man, Major, had to go all the way to Berryville, AR. for him, he is a beauty and a fine fine pup. TN aint far at all, aint nothing like roasting a wild hog, I am only 3 hours from Memphis. We doing a couple hundred pounds of Crawfish this weekend! Give me a holla anytime, well do it up!

Had quite a bit to do yesterday afternoon but we squeezed in a little time, this is what my oldest and I made yesterday, he did a great job, I just showed him how to hold the knife and this is what we did.

2015-05-11%2017.24.48_zpsvcunbjal.jpg

2015-05-11%2017.25.22_zpsgqcwbr28.jpg

This is the ball and card display I got made for my youngest!

BB%20display_zpsv65st06p.jpg

Jokermachine

Well-Blown Member
Good morning everyone!

@stickstones Ohhhh I dont know unsweetened tea, thats a taste that would take me some getting used to, beer was the same way but I did it, guess it aint all that bad! Yeah, have a friend that tells me what his coach told him in school, says "Boy whats good to ya, aint always good for ya!" I will give that a look Sticks, and yall are right, in and out, just about works with anything that affects our bodies and life as well, you put good in, you get good out, you give good, you get good in return.

@vapebuddy13 I am glad you stop by and give me some of your time, means alot to me that you all stop by and posting up is a big deal, I really appreciate you all more than you know! You all make FC what it is and my day quite a bit!

@C-weed I aint trying to get ahead of myself, still kinda one day at a time, one job at a time, gotta be back in Bham freaking Thursday, surgeon wants to see me again, got an elevated BP and a touch of dizziness trying to creep back in, ah it is what it is, and just another bump is all! Website is going through a complete overhaul, got a great friend of mine, my EU guy/distributor is a webmaster and is a freaking wiz at wordpress is working it up now and I hope to have it launched by the end of the month or early next month. Its going to be nice and a real upgrade from where its at now! Wont be long for the Air stems at all, just a little longer is all. Thats a Chesapeake Bay Retriever my man, Major, had to go all the way to Berryville, AR. for him, he is a beauty and a fine fine pup. TN aint far at all, aint nothing like roasting a wild hog, I am only 3 hours from Memphis. We doing a couple hundred pounds of Crawfish this weekend! Give me a holla anytime, well do it up!

Had quite a bit to do yesterday afternoon but we squeezed in a little time, this is what my oldest and I made yesterday, he did a great job, I just showed him how to hold the knife and this is what we did.

Ed, nice to see your boys are doing so well. The card display is bomb. What a great way to build his confidence.
The bottle job is amazing,... but watch out. He could start his own wood turning business and put the hurt on Dads business . :razz:Ha!
Anyway, it's good to see that you are looking after your diet and feeling better. When you figure out how to quit ice cream, let me know. :doh:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Good morning everyone!

Awesome stuff! Come on now 2-2!!! So fitting his team name has timber in it!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning,

@Jokermachine Wow thanks for all those kind words my man, thanks much! Ice cream is tough tough, its like a vice, have to turn my head, keep walking and not look back!

@SSVUN~YAH Thank you also, glad you like!

@rosedale For a Nano stem Id like to have something at least 3/4"square x 3 1/2"L, for the VM or LB stems I cant say whether they will or wont turn out depending on the burl itself, how figured it is or isnt will be the deciding factor, burl is an abnormality and its grain structure is so unpredictable, the pressure put on such a small piece of wood to make either stem can be tough and may or may not turn out, more so not than do. Its up to you what you want to do, I will deal with what Mother Nature has provided, then we will just see how it turns out in the end!

NickDlow

Log Hog
What's up Ed? My WonG's arrived yesterday and I just got around to taking a couple pics. They're gorgeous brother, you've done a great job once again!!

They're 3 Afzelia Burl WonGs, they compliment my AfzeliaDog wonderfully. Two 14mm's, one with a UD SS tip and the other with Ed's bushing. Also one 18mm with a UD SS tip.

These stem blanks were provided by @Snappo and are simply amazing!! Thank you for everything you've done for all of us here. I'll be looking forward to future projects my friend.

Well here they are!!
ScYo1ry.jpg

WrKJ2Ek.jpg

aIOiXq9.jpg

cXjrdO0.jpg

Thanks again @Ed's TnT and @Snappo!!!

subway13029

Very nice pieces you got there nick dlow... Sick as always by ed...I got my blood wood stem for my hammer and I am in love with this bad boy...it cools the vapor so much more than the stock stems..I am gonna need few more of these..I hope you can make some more..it takes the hammer to the pinnacle of butane vapes...minus my daisy..lol..seriously though ed you do an amazing job and can't wait for the lily piece and hammer stems...

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning everyone! Hope all is well out there. So was in Bham again on Thursday, surgeon said all is good and I am on the mend, healing very well she said. I mentioned my dizziness and elevated BP, she said its probably due to the infection and should clear soon enough, said it was good that I went to my family doc and got the meds for both. Besides that day out and getting nothing done I was able to get some done Friday. So its been a while havent done much show and tell in quite some time, see my man @NickDlow has done a little of his own! Wow what lovely pieces bro, your pics are always nice and I dig being part of it! That top pic is quite the set and what a freaking sweet match, that UD is top shelf, well done @underdog you do amazing work!

Okey dokey, now its my turn to put up and show up!

The first Irish Bog Oak Air Stem specifically made for it, bushing is spot on and just the right size. Its 3"L and 14mm tapered MP. These will be going into production this coming week, will try to have some available for purchase at the end of next. The varying colors and tones are so freaking nice, some of the best I have ever seen!

Irish%20BO%20Air%20Stem_zpsayorcqfj.jpg

Heres a close up 18mm Blackwood Solo just made custom also, its on its way to Slovenia Monday. Just wanted to show you all the finish of the wood and the tones in it as well, love this species!

2015-05-15%2012.42.51_zpsokhtj6nx.jpg

Here we have a couple burl pieces done custom for a great guy here at FC, a 4"L 14mm tapered Nano and a 18mm Nano wong 3"L, wish I would could have done double burn bands on the longer piece but just wasnt enough to work with where I put the detailing. Gotta give it up to @Snappo for all he does, shaking the bushes, beating down the leads, and putting in the work to find such great pieces of Mother Natures blessings, thank you my man!

2015-05-15%2012.43.31_zps5mds0io4.jpg

Was a lot of fun to get back out in the shop for a few yesterday. Am getting caught up on the custom stuff, thanks you all for your patience. I still have a little to do but not much. Hoping to knock it out ASAP!

Spent yesterday afternoon and evening with my boys, picked em up from school and off we went a town over to the movies, saw the new Mad Max and what a freaking movie, was non stop filled with action, a review guy said earlier that day that 90% of all the stunts were actually done for real, that only 10% were CGI, I have no clue which were which, my my what an intense movie, well worth it, the 4 of us saw it for $24. Had a great day and think this guy says it the best

Oh yeah, almost forgot, we are doing it up this afternoon yall, 100lbs. crawfish, taters and corn in the pot too! Gonna eat enough to start walking backwards!

@subway13029 So glad to hear you like the Hammer stem, I really really got to make more of those and get them listed at my site, I know they would be hot ticket items! They do enhance the experience for the user and thats what its all about! I am working hard at it for the Lily and others, just heard back from my guy that did testing on the mock up Lily stem system, he says it was as he had hoped and needed only slight modification to get it right where it needs to be. Wont be long I hope till those are done. I wanna say you are also interested in the Lotus as well arent ya? I wanna say you are and wanna say to @caphector that I gave it some look yesterday and am going to have to give it some thought and a few more looks before to get the gears in my head a turning. Hang in there with me fellas!

Last edited:

rosedale

Good morning,

@Jokermachine Wow thanks for all those kind words my man, thanks much! Ice cream is tough tough, its like a vice, have to turn my head, keep walking and not look back!

@SSVUN~YAH Thank you also, glad you like!

@rosedale For a Nano stem Id like to have something at least 3/4"square x 3 1/2"L, for the VM or LB stems I cant say whether they will or wont turn out depending on the burl itself, how figured it is or isnt will be the deciding factor, burl is an abnormality and its grain structure is so unpredictable, the pressure put on such a small piece of wood to make either stem can be tough and may or may not turn out, more so not than do. Its up to you what you want to do, I will deal with what Mother Nature has provided, then we will just see how it turns out in the end!

D'oh. One piece is only 5/8" thick and the other is slightly thinner. I'll send you a message about what else I can do with them. I wasn't counting on having anything left over from my nano, so anything that I get out of my blank from @Snappo is a bonus.

Jokermachine

Well-Blown Member
Oh, just one more to show and tell, another great guy hear at FC just gave me the OK to post, another great opportunity to do what I do and always a pleasure to deal with!

2015-05-15%2012.43.59_zpsmmhxwbbh.jpg

I think this one is White Teak burl, its 3" for the UD.
It looks like Ed nailed it again, and I'm happy to say that this one is mine. Thanks Ed, that's exactly what I wanted.
Thanks also goes out to Snappo for making this deal go so smoothly. The teak is beautiful.

Last edited:

caphector

I wanna say you are also interested in the Lotus as well arent ya? I wanna say you are and wanna say to @caphector that I gave it some look yesterday and am going to have to give it some thought and a few more looks before to get the gears in my head a turning. Hang in there with me fellas!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the Lotus. I love the idea of the Lotus but never quite liked the look of their stock stems. Far too utilitarian. Can't wait to see the development here.

Looking at all these lovely lathed items makes me want to get a lathe and start making things. Making things by hand is a fantastic change from work, which is all computers all the time.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Oh, just one more to show and tell, another great guy hear at FC just gave me the OK to post, another great opportunity to do what I do and always a pleasure to deal with!

2015-05-15%2012.43.59_zpsmmhxwbbh.jpg

I think this one is White Teak burl, its 3" for the UD.
There are very few threads here on FC that feel like home in front of the fire place, ...but Ed's TnT thread definitely feels like HOME!!! I said this also of the Underdog thread, and mean it equally as much here!!!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It looks like Ed nailed it again, and I'm happy to say that this one is mine. Thanks Ed, that's exactly what I wanted
The sad thing about seeing pictures of Eds work is that the grains NEVER look as amazing as they do in real life. I have a gorgeous... I think it was tiger maple? stem for my launch box. I can get some decent pictures but they don't convey how great it looks!!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning yall, hope all is well today! We had a great evening yesterday, I told ya we had a 100lbs. of crawfish and wow they were great! Like always the second boil is getting hot, oh the 3rd boil is even warmer, very spicy. The corn and taters were always great, my youngest is 6, he has lost one of his top front teeth, he loves corn, I had to cut it off the cob for him. Him, his brothers and cousins had been riding 4 wheelers in the mud and having a good time, he was muddy from head to toe but was hungry, it was a heckova site seeing him as muddy as he was spooning up the corn. What fun, what fun!

2015-05-16%2015.41.24_zpshmnlnqdb.jpg

@Jokermachine Glad you like my man, if you are happy, I am happy, thanks for the work!

@caphector Its going to be fun to do something for the Lotus if possible, I am interested in giving it some more thought as soon as I can. You can get a Lathe and the tools for not alot of dough, one thing to remember is like anything else, you are only as good as the tools you have to work with. Dont skimp here or there, itll show in your work every time!

@Snappo Thanks thanks for the kind words! Just keeping it real round here and sharing how I feel is all! I am thankful for you and everyone else who do what you do and make FC what it is and why its a great place!

@Aezhenn Thank you my man, I just show up early and get lucky is all!

@Quetzalcoatl How bout it my man, been some time, I hope all is well round your way! You are completely right, its so hard to really capture the beauty of these pieces. I remember that piece you got, it is tiger maple, ohh thats a hard hard species to shoot. You can hold it between your fingers and just a simple turn in the light and watch the curls really shine. Wish you well bro, thanks for stopping by!

NickDlow

Log Hog
Good morning yall, hope all is well today! We had a great evening yesterday, I told ya we had a 100lbs. of crawfish and wow they were great! Like always the second boil is getting hot, oh the 3rd boil is even warmer, very spicy. The corn and taters were always great, my youngest is 6, he has lost one of his top front teeth, he loves corn, I had to cut it off the cob for him. Him, his brothers and cousins had been riding 4 wheelers in the mud and having a good time, he was muddy from head to toe but was hungry, it was a heckova site seeing him as muddy as he was spooning up the corn. What fun, what fun!

2015-05-16%2015.41.24_zpshmnlnqdb.jpg

@Jokermachine Glad you like my man, if you are happy, I am happy, thanks for the work!

@caphector Its going to be fun to do something for the Lotus if possible, I am interested in giving it some more thought as soon as I can. You can get a Lathe and the tools for not alot of dough, one thing to remember is like anything else, you are only as good as the tools you have to work with. Dont skimp here or there, itll show in your work every time!

@Snappo Thanks thanks for the kind words! Just keeping it real round here and sharing how I feel is all! I am thankful for you and everyone else who do what you do and make FC what it is and why its a great place!

@Aezhenn Thank you my man, I just show up early and get lucky is all!

@Quetzalcoatl How bout it my man, been some time, I hope all is well round your way! You are completely right, its so hard to really capture the beauty of these pieces. I remember that piece you got, it is tiger maple, ohh thats a hard hard species to shoot. You can hold it between your fingers and just a simple turn in the light and watch the curls really shine. Wish you well bro, thanks for stopping by!

Damn, that sounds like a good ass time and those crawfish look great! Looks like you and your family had a great day.

Thanks for the good words in the other threads too. But they'd be blocks of wood without you guys.

Btw I'll shoot u a message later when I get a chance to talk, I've been doing some thinking...:worms:

Take it easy bud.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Ok I have stayed out of here long enough! :brow: I am gonna need some Ed's goodies for my vape toolbox.
I'm thinking a dabber /poker tool. And a carb cap for my banger. That would consist of a wood handle, flat blade like a cheese knife with a small hole and possibly another idea...:brow:

Top Bottom