Edibles--Use with Caution

Have you had a bad experience with edibles?

• Total voters

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@stressed Wow what a story. Neil Young says to chew pepper balls if you are too medicated. I'm not sure whether that really works? I don't like to eat pepper that much myself. I never heard about sniffing pepper to help if you are too high.

EDIT
A good tip to remember about sniffing the pepper, if I ever have a whitey again @stressed. I will try really hard not to.

Last edited:

stressed

@stressed Wow what a story. Neil Young says to chew pepper balls if you are too medicated. I'm not sure whether that really works? I don't like to eat pepper that much myself. I never heard about sniffing pepper to help if you are too high.
yeah he said to chew it but i had always heard that you smell it. i just take a wiff every once in awhile until i feel calmer. whether real or placebo effect, it seems to help.

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
At first, when I thought edibles were a joke, I made the biggest mistake that people with edible experience tell you not to make.

I ate too much too soon.....

I was not really feeling any effects after I ate that brownie. So less than an hour later I was eating more. Im not sure how much I ate, but it was not a crazy amount.

3 hours later I am flying high holding on to the edge of my couch. It was bearable at that point, but somehwere along the line I crossed the threshold. It was the flight of my life, the final frontier. At this point I was no longer functional as I just kept staring into space.

It was a rollercoaster of a ride that lasted about 10 hours. The most intense moments were between hours 4 and 8. I would soar high and then come diving down for 4 hours. Just when I thought it finished, it came back stronger and then stronger. At this point I thought I was losing touch with reality and I thought I was not come back.

I dont think that was the worst part. The worst part was when I was able to calm myself down and gather my thoughts I suddenly got the idea to eat a meal. Because in the past I used to control my combustion highs by eating. If I got too high, I would eat and it would level out.

Then.....Bam!! It hit me even harder. Now I am full and as high as the moon.

These days I eat my edibles by small pieces, until I am where I need to be.

That experience taught me that if I am not sure of the strength, to eat small pieces and wait 3-4 hours before taking alittle more.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
For me, I already have too much anxiety in my life to risk losing cannabis, so FUCK EDIBLES after reading this thread, and I got a jar of ABV that could choke a horse.
Vaping is so where it's at for me, but I hope edibles, in correct doses (which I have zero skill in), helps those in need!!!

Bravesst,
Reactions: stressed

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
I use edibles along with vaping to bring my high to where I want it to be. A dial, mind you. I am pretty much stuck to the same cannabis here. That when I vape it, its a little weak actually and I catch myself vaping constantly to keep the high flying at the same rate. I love the strong body highs, So I try to make the most out of it.

I make and eat my selected piece of medible, to get it going and I eat a meal (wait) do things around the house(wait) then I vape a bit. 3 rips from my bubbler, sets it off and then it hits me.

Its funny, because this is like science.

mightyhigh

made brownies last week with a friend. he threw in a quarter of decent buds and i threw in 5.5 grams of ABV. first time i had bothered to decarb before making the butter (is it necessary to decarb ABV? i just did the buds). boiled water and mixed in a stick and a half of butter and the herbs. let boil on low for about an hour and a half. let sit in the fridge after straining and made 16 brownies in the morning using most of the butter. anyway my friend proceeded to eat half of the brownies. 8 of them. i tried to warn him but he just kept eating them. about an hour later we are playing video games and he is playing terribly. i ask if he is feeling ok and he just says he can't play any more. doesn't remember anything after that. ended up passing out for 14 hours. i woke him up half way through his slumber and he looked so confused. had no idea where he was for a few seconds. then he just passed back out because he couldn't bring himself to get up and hang out.

farscaper

For me, I already have too much anxiety in my life to risk losing cannabis, so FUCK EDIBLES after reading this thread, and I got a jar of ABV that could choke a horse.
Vaping is so where it's at for me, but I hope edibles, in correct doses (which I have zero skill in), helps those in need!!!

I think this thread should serve as a cautionary tale about how NOT to consume cannabis edibles and why it is so important to prescribe a little self control and moderation.

I love edibles and drinkables. nothing more discrete when properly dosed....

but many noobs who think they can smoke a fella under the table will be caught off guard by how much cannabis power can be had when eaten.

made brownies last week with a friend. he threw in a quarter of decent buds and i threw in 5.5 grams of ABV. first time i had bothered to decarb before making the butter (is it necessary to decarb ABV? i just did the buds). boiled water and mixed in a stick and a half of butter and the herbs. let boil on low for about an hour and a half. let sit in the fridge after straining and made 16 brownies in the morning using most of the butter. anyway my friend proceeded to eat half of the brownies. 8 of them. i tried to warn him but he just kept eating them. about an hour later we are playing video games and he is playing terribly. i ask if he is feeling ok and he just says he can't play any more. doesn't remember anything after that. ended up passing out for 14 hours. i woke him up half way through his slumber and he looked so confused. had no idea where he was for a few seconds. then he just passed back out because he couldn't bring himself to get up and hang out.

kinda like this lol.

at least when you say he took 8 cannabis laced brownies we can all rest assured he lived through it.

take 8 oxy and we might be having a different conversation about overdose.

LBsEveryday

Sounds like me. I always pretend edibles don't hit so people give me more. FYI they do.. They hit so good.. Muahahaha!:evil:

Edit: one time I went to the movies w/ friends and we brought a pound of delta-9 chocolates.. Watched a serious movie laughed untill I passed out. Had that edible hangover for a couple days.. And did it all over again. This was actually a good memory but a waste of a movie ticket + thc.

Last edited:

Gunky

Edibles can produce a great high - I love them. To enjoy them you must seek out a a good recipe and don't change it for a while as you get the hang of it. Estimate what you think will be a reasonable dosage. Don't pad it for good measure - your best guess. Start out with 1/4 of that amount! Do not take any more that day. If it doesn't work out, apply the vape with a will and wait for another day, when you will try another increment, say half of the original estimate. Be patient in these initial explorations. Don't be in such a dumbass rush to get off.

CarolKing

It's not always a fun ride, so that's why caution is advised.:o:leaf:
tumblr_nuuemgarTF1r07oamo2_500.gif

Last edited:

zor

One of my favorite aspects of edibles is how my sense of balance and momentum is completely thrown off. I've taken the bus to NYC and PHL a bunch of times after popping some cannacaps or firecrackers and the sensations of the movements of the vehicle are enhanced and amplified exponentially. Sometimes the slightest of curves in the road feel like a perilous hairpin death elbow high up in the Andes, which I imagine can be anxiety-inducing for some, but I just adore that feeling!

Detonator

I dont do edibles. Too unpredictable... But I did see in Culture magazine someone was making an elixer you could drink if you had too much edibles and need to come down... I thought it was interesting

CarolKing

I'm not sure if there really is something that will counteract the effects of the cannabis once ingested. I would be curious if soneone wanted to be a volunteer in the name of science if that elixer works? You would have to have a bad cannabis experience then drink the potion.:p

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Another edible horror story... I gave one of my cookies to my father (73 yo). He is an avid 'buster. He has had my eddies before. About 2 hours after consuming, he had a seizure. Almost split his head open on a brick hearth. He had to be taken to the ER. Once he divulged that he'd taken a medible, they were much less concerned with his symptoms, and let him go home.

Please use edibles with caution. Don't overdo it. You can always eat more, but you can't eat less.

CarolKing

@DieHard Thank you for sharing that story. So sorry that your dad went through that, glad he's OK. Cannabis edibles can be really strong if you take too much for your particular body make up. If a person is a little unsteady on their feet anyway, too strong of an edible could cause someone to fall or get into an accident.

Please don't ever try out an edible and have to drive somewhere if you don't know how you will react.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I love edibles. Have made hash cakes about twice a year for most of my life of cumbustion. I gave up smoking a month ago and purchased an eq. I was very sceptical about how potant avb would be as it had already been used. So 1st time I tried it, about 2 weeks ago, I put half a cup in some brownie mix. Incapacitated...
Right so yesterday I tried adain. This time with a quarter of a cup. Much more enjoyable this time. I was very very stoned all day. Didn't even vape. And to be honest I still feel a bit high at work now. So iv found my dose. I'm very impressed with the potency and taste of my avb. Can't believe how many times my weed get me high now. Fuck combustion!!!!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I decided to clean two very dirty EQ elbows, two short Air stems, one long stem & my GONG stem in one batch of hot chocolate. At least twice as much as usual but it was elimination finals footy & my team was playing in an hour.

It did not end well. I lasted until 3/4 time before passing out & woke up a couple of hours later extremely wrecked on my couch & this was at least as bad as the Christmas Day where I ate 2 x 1g firecrackers & lost most motor skills.

I managed to get up, smoke a cigarette, have a drink etc & staggered about for a while before getting it together enough to make it to bed & rewatch the 4th 1/4 of the game & my team won handily. I also found my Air loaded next to my bed & vaped a stem on green temp to "perk me up". It was a catastrophic failure but I had the best nights sleep I have had in 6 months so all was not lost. I suppose it was a bit like having a drink to sober up.

virtualpurple

Just vaped a small bit in my Ascent, made hot chocolate with a tablespoon of infused coconut oil (couldn't remember what I dosed with last time, so I figured I'd just settle on a tablespoon), and am currently 3 milky hits into an Underdog gong filled with GDP. Buckling in and hoping for a bumpy ride. Sometimes I really like to go deep but haven't often gotten that uncomfortably-introspective experience that I seek, so here's to our health

@DieHard Sorry to hear about that experience with your pops, but thanks for sharing your story with us bud! Does your father have a known seizure disorder or was this a first for him? If he has a pre-existing seizure condition do you find that use of marijuana has decreased his frequency of seizure?

Just curious because there are so many people that report a great decrease in their frequency, hopefully as more attention is brought to this it will get more research funneled in and more studies can be done and published in some larger medical journals. But I suppose that like any other medication, effectiveness will vary largely with cannabis as well.

VP

virtualpurple,
Reactions: NorVape

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Just vaped a small bit in my Ascent, made hot chocolate with a tablespoon of infused coconut oil (couldn't remember what I dosed with last time, so I figured I'd just settle on a tablespoon), and am currently 3 milky hits into an Underdog gong filled with GDP. Buckling in and hoping for a bumpy ride. Sometimes I really like to go deep but haven't often gotten that uncomfortably-introspective experience that I seek, so here's to our health

@DieHard Sorry to hear about that experience with your pops, but thanks for sharing your story with us bud! Does your father have a known seizure disorder or was this a first for him? If he has a pre-existing seizure condition do you find that use of marijuana has decreased his frequency of seizure?

Just curious because there are so many people that report a great decrease in their frequency, hopefully as more attention is brought to this it will get more research funneled in and more studies can be done and published in some larger medical journals. But I suppose that like any other medication, effectiveness will vary largely with cannabis as well.

VP
He never had another seizure in his life. He is the picture of health. He was a daily 'buster for many years, so had somewhat of a high tolerance. Now he has absolute terror and disdain for edibles. And he has not had any MJ since that episode. I fear it has ruined MJ for him. And that is sad.

gaseous_clay

Never had a "bad" experience with edibles, but I've only made a couple times. Before vaping I only made brownies once and had no idea what I was doing. Made them very weak. Thought it was a waste of time.

Now that I have ABV... that's a different story! Now I have something that I have already enjoyed that I am able to use again. It's like I feel like I'm recycling or something! So I did a little research & have started water curing the ABV, basically to to clean it up a little.

I made butter, but didn't know how much ABV to put in so I just eyeballed it. The funny thing I noticed is that I read that the ABV butter shouldn't have been as green as with normal cannibutter. Mine came out about the same color as a dark army camo green. Put some on a bagel & enjoyed. Then I made brownies. I quickly found out that even small brownies would knock me the f out. Yeah... a bit strong. But nothing that would deter me or anything!

A guy I knew told me once about how he was hanging in Miami & was given a cookie by a dealer friend. Another friend asked him if the dealer gave him one of the cookies. "Yeah. It was good!" Wait... You didn't eat the whole thing, did you? "Yeah. Why?" When it kicked in, he was blotto for like 2 days.

Best story on edibles was an old girlfriend. When she was 7 her mom had a party & set up two plates, one for adults & one for the kids. Next thing you know mom can't find her kid. She's not in the house. She's not in the yard. They went searching, and found her down the block laid out on a lawn. What are you doing? "Clouds are pretty?" Um, you didn't have any of the cookies on the red plate, did you?" "Yeah." :)

Top Bottom