• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

edibles questions

g1zm0

Hey everyone!
I am getting more and more ABV weed lately from my vape and I ve been thinking about making edibles. I ve never tried anything of that sort before but I ve done some research on this topic. I am currently at my aunt's and I cant use the oven. From what I found u dont need to bake ABV because THC was already activated in the vape. Technically I can just eat the ABV straight out of the vape right?

Here are some of the questions I have about edibles:
1) how much ABV do I need to eat in order to get 4-6hrs high? (I dont really vape it till the end until its dark brown or black so Ig it must be a lil more potent than average ABV. I also vape at 350-370F)
2) will mixing ABV with peanut butter or nutella and leaving it for 2-3days make it more potent? In that case how much weed will I need for 5hr high?
3) is there any difference in high from ABV edibles vs regular weed edibles?

Thanks!
P.S. I dont really care about ABV tasting nasty because i will mix it with peanut butter and nutella.

g1zm0,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey everyone!
I am getting more and more ABV weed lately from my vape and I ve been thinking about making edibles. I ve never tried anything of that sort before but I ve done some research on this topic. I am currently at my aunt's and I cant use the oven. From what I found u dont need to bake ABV because THC was already activated in the vape. Technically I can just eat the ABV straight out of the vape right?

Here are some of the questions I have about edibles:
1) how much ABV do I need to eat in order to get 4-6hrs high? (I dont really vape it till the end until its dark brown or black so Ig it must be a lil more potent than average ABV. I also vape at 350-370F)
2) will mixing ABV with peanut butter or nutella and leaving it for 2-3days make it more potent? In that case how much weed will I need for 5hr high?
3) is there any difference in high from ABV edibles vs regular weed edibles?

Thanks!
P.S. I dont really care about ABV tasting nasty because i will mix it with peanut butter and nutella.
Hi g1zm0, in order of questions asked...

1) It's not so much the quantity. The effects from edibles last longer in general. So for example, 1/4 tsp of ABV will get you high for 3-6 hours, and a full tsp of ABV will get you really high for 3-6 hours. (However, I think you can extend way past the 6 hour mark if you overdo it. And the experience is not pleasant, from what I've read). Also, you need to experiment as everyone has a slightly different reaction to edibles. The concensus seems to be "approach with caution".

2) Nope, the product is already decarb'd. So, eating it now or in three days should yield the same effects. Now, leaving it there for months may degrade the goodies and not only will lose potency, but make a pretty gross sandwich as well!)

3) Absolutely is. ABV has had a good majority of the THC extracted from it already. All this is dependent on the temp that you vaped the material on, but vaping does remove goodies that would have been present in an edible made with fresh decarb'd materials.

Hope this helps!

g1zm0

Hi g1zm0, in order of questions asked...

1) It's not so much the quantity. The effects from edibles last longer in general. So for example, 1/4 tsp of ABV will get you high for 3-6 hours, and a full tsp of ABV will get you really high for 3-6 hours. (However, I think you can extend way past the 6 hour mark if you overdo it. And the experience is not pleasant, from what I've read). Also, you need to experiment as everyone has a slightly different reaction to edibles. The concensus seems to be "approach with caution".

2) Nope, the product is already decarb'd. So, eating it now or in three days should yield the same effects. Now, leaving it there for months may degrade the goodies and not only will lose potency, but make a pretty gross sandwich as well!)

3) Absolutely is. ABV has had a good majority of the THC extracted from it already. All this is dependent on the temp that you vaped the material on, but vaping does remove goodies that would have been present in an edible made with fresh decarb'd materials.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for ur help man!
I still have some more questions tho lol
4) how is ABV edibles high different from regular weed edibles high? Does it give u less euphoria since some THC has been vaped? (I vape at 365F)
5) how much regular weed(sour d) will I need to leave in nutella cracker for 3-4 days to get a reasonable high?

g1zm0,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks for ur help man!
I still have some more questions tho lol
4) how is ABV edibles high different from regular weed edibles high? Does it give u less euphoria since some THC has been vaped? (I vape at 365F)
5) how much regular weed(sour d) will I need to leave in nutella cracker for 3-4 days to get a reasonable high?
No prob.

4) for me, it's mostly a body high... I vape to max 235c. However, overdosing on ABV will launch you into outerspace, body and mind..

5) How much is always tolerance dependent. For me, 1/4 tsp of decarb'd herb is plenty! If you cook the Nutella Cracker (the equivalent of what is commonly called a Firecracker, that counts as a decarb if the temperature is set appropriately).

Bouldorado

ABV edibles get you seriously couch-lock stoned. Like DDave said, use caution when dosing as it is not fun if you take too much (and I imagine it'd be even less fun while visiting family).

Bouldorado,

g1zm0

ABV edibles get you seriously couch-lock stoned. Like DDave said, use caution when dosing as it is not fun if you take too much (and I imagine it'd be even less fun while visiting family).
Honestly, I ve never had a real couchlock high. I am fairly new to weed in general and I ve only been vaping on low temps 350-370F.
Is it true that couchlock is when you cant get up? I wonder what it really feels like

g1zm0,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can get overly medicated and it's not fun. It can last for a long time too, depending how much you ingested. I encourage folks to go slow. Everyone is different as to the dosage.

I didn't think that ABV would be that potent. I was very wrong. I was still medicated the next morning and had to go to work. I wasn't in any condition to be driving. Luckily I work close to home. It was a long day.

Last edited:

NewToVaping

Considering you are fairly new to weed, I would start with low edible dosage and work your way up. ABV has most of the THC extracted already, so you will have more of a body high. When using normal (not vaped) sour d make sure you decarb it (heat it up in oven to convert the THC into THC-A). There are various methods to do this, some of which are listed in these forums. THC (and other cannibinoids) are absorbed by fats, so most people choose butter and oil to cook with, since you can then use that infused oil or butter to cook every day foods.

Bouldorado

Honestly, I ve never had a real couchlock high. I am fairly new to weed in general and I ve only been vaping on low temps 350-370F.
Is it true that couchlock is when you cant get up? I wonder what it really feels like

I've only really had couchlock from abv edibles and the first few times I had a heavy indica. Couchlock basically makes you feel heavy and slow (borderline lethargic), almost like you're underwater, and kinda tired. To give you an idea, I'm the kind of guy that can't sit still for much more than 20 min. If I'm watching a movie at home, I'll probably get up 5-6 different times. One time I ate a strong abv edible and I was on the couch for 8 hours, and got up maybe twice.

bottom line: overdosing on edibles will make you feel like shit.

lwien

When THC is used in edibles, your liver converts it into a different drug. It's not the same high. Yes, there are some similarities but there are also some major differences.

Like everyone above has stated, start slow and give it 2 to 3 hours before you evaluate how high your really are.

Top Bottom