Edibles - Are they normally strain specific?

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I know that for the purposes of enjoying our regular vapers, we can be rather particular on what strain we have on hand based on desired experience. (i.e. Smell, Taste, head, body etc)

But is this the norm for edibles? Edibles arent exactly known for the 'taste' of the strain used but moreso for the effects that they provide.

I know that when I vape, I like to be strain specific (given my session) but ALL of my ABV goes into a collective bag to be used at a later date. My ABV concoctions are ALWAYS a salad. Is this the case in the 'commercial' edible world in seeing that they usually use fresh?

AGBeer,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I have no info, this is just an assumption....I believe many commericial edibles are made using the trimmings from harvests....that being said, iwould assume it just a salad as well, but I cant be sure.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Most of the edibles I see or hear about other than our ABV homemade are usually made from trim, etc. I'd guess it would probably vary depending on the source. I imagine these folks that produce edibles for dispensary sales have access to a lot of stuff so.... I now wonder too lol.

Lo,

Nosferatu

Most clinics use all their extra(trimming, kief, shake, even hash) for edibles. But now some clubs like CPA are starting to advertise Sativa, or Indica, specific edibles. But I doubt its all 1 strain...although I'm sure that will be done in the future, if its not already somewhere.

Maybe try making firecrackers with a specific strain for each one and see if theres a big difference.

Nosferatu,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I think i have seen random pics of edible packaging that did say a specific strain and even amount.
But i definitely don't think it's that common or "the usual" certainly.

are any of the various terpenoids / flavanoids doing anything when we eat them? or are we even losing the more volatile ones making the butter?

I'm not sure there would be the same differences between strains with edibles. Or maybe "different differences" would come out? just relative CBD and THC levels mainly? which we already figure is more stacked towards CBD when using ABV.

rabblerouser,
Top Bottom