Edible Noob - Need Some Help!

Elbuort19

I have no experience with making edibles but have ingested my fair share. I'm trying to keep this simple and don't care about taste so if I want to just eat it what do I need to do? I have a Nova for decarbing my cannabis so my cannabis is already decarbed...what should I do next? Thanks! Keep in mind I'm not looking to make oil or baked goods, down the hatch and done.

Squiby

Already decarbed? Don't care about taste? No bake easy peasy?

Just mix with some fat and eat it. With Peanut Butter for example. As is or throw it into a smoothie. Coat a cracker with PB, top with decarbed pot and another cracker

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can directly add some finely ground cannabis to anything preferably something high in fat such as some peanut butter. You can make a chocolate milkshake with some finely ground cannabis. Start out with a small amount because it can be potent. I would start out with a tablespoon then work my way up. It can take up to 3 hours to kick in depending on the person.

You can make some oil or butter with your decarbed cannabis. Look in the cannabutter section of the cooking section here on FC.

Edit
@Squiby great minds think a like.

I've added finely ground decarbed cannabis to a brownie recipe and added extra butter and used less flour to accommodate for the ground cannabis. Very potent brownies.

Elbuort19

Sweet!...so I don't have to infuse it into my fat source? I'll just stick it in a ball of coconut oil or natural peanut butter and swallow.

I ground up the decarbed cannabis like you would for vaping but I'm wondering if I should go one step further and grind it into dust. I'm thinking this might give better absorption. Waste of time to grind it further?

Elbuort19,
Reactions: Squiby

Elbuort19

And done! Ok that was easy!

This is exactly what I was hoping to do with the Nova because my short term memory is so bad I ruin my cannabis in the oven almost every time. If I then had to make oil and or bake there is no way I wouldn't screw up so this is great.

Any idea how much lecithin to use for a single dose?

I don't feel anything yet! JK

MinnBobber

I ground up the decarbed cannabis like you would for vaping but I'm wondering if I should go one step further and grind it into dust. I'm thinking this might give better absorption. Waste of time to grind it further?
............................................................................................................
Yes, IMO grinding it into dust is important. I've only used ABV which is very very dry/crumbly so it is easily turned into dust with a big bowl and a big spoon to crush it.
How crumbly is yours after decarbing in the Nova?

To make the taste more tolerable, I mix the "dust" with peanut butter and raw honey and microwave it to a looser consistency.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Squiby

Elbuort19

When it first comes out of the Nova I grind it with a herb grinder and it feels a little moist. You can crumble it with your fingers but it has a texture similar to when you crumble baked hash. After a day or 2 in a med bottle (not air tight) its dry enough to easily crumble to very fine particles.

What about if you took a small decarbed bud and placed it under your tongue...would you be able to absorb the THC sublingually?

Elbuort19,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Elbuort19 It won't work if you put a bud under your tongue that way. That type of absorbsion would be from a tincture that's made with alcohol or glycerine. You will need to grind it and eat it with something fat. I think get your cannabis the constancy of ground coffee. I have an electric coffee grinder I use just with cannabis cooking. The cannabis itself needs to be digested by the liver. Then you will feel the effects.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Top Bottom