Edible completely messed up my vaporizing tolerance

juneshayek

I've been vaporizing twice a day for a year and a half, and somehow still managed to have 0 tolerance. During this period I've taken 2-week breaks, twice, and they didn't increase my sensitivity at all, so I assume it was because I never developed any tolerance in the first place.

Using @lwien's method, my flowermate, and by carefully timing my hits, I can get high ten times on 0.05g of good pot. A 0.05g "bowl" will last me a few days to a week.

Weed is easy to get and relatively inexpensive where I live, so why bother? Because if I don't carefully control my dose, I'll OD and panic real quick.

So the other day I made my first edible (infusing coconut oil with hash). I didn't know the strength of the hashish, so to play it safe I ate a small piece of oil containing 3 - 12mg of THC (depending on hash strength).

The high lasted for 7 hours. It was intense but mellow at the same time. Very body focused. I didn't panic. It felt great! I could still feel it when I woke up the next day.

However, since I tried that (three days ago now) my vaporizer only gives me a slight buzz. This obviously sucks as it means I'll have to take a break. But I still find it interesting.. It must mean that dose size, not frequency, is the primary trigger for developing tolerance. What are your experiences?

Deleted Member 1643

Also sensitive to anxiety effects, but have built up significant tolerance. Seems that vaping, compared to smoking or eating, favors these effects. Maybe the substances responsible for stoned, body effects aren't vaped as readily as those responsible for energetic, head (and in sensitive users, anxiety) effects.

Supporting this theory - with QWET extraction, first run concentrate produces effects similar to vaping flowers, just more intense. Second run produces a heavy stone. (Unfortunately, also tastes like vaping shoe polish.)

For you, maybe use edibles more, instead of vaping. Since cannabis is readily available, stick to indicas, preferably harvested late (amber trichomes). You can also try vaping at a higher temperature or vaping until AVB is dark, but this may have more of the negative effects associated with smoking. Good luck!

juneshayek

@Accept, those are interesting suggestions.

Personally, I've never been able to tell the difference between strains whether they're indica heavy or sativa landrace (popular here). I've also experimented with temperatures and methods like ethanol extraction, and to me the high is indistinguishable from vaporizing bud, or smoking a joint. It all feels the same, and too much always triggers anxiety.

The edible high was very different in this regard, so I'm definitely psyched about it. Just sucks that it has to induce tolerance like that. I mean the brain having to down-regulate receptors also required for normal functioning can't be a good thing, unless you're using it medically, which I'm not.

@crawdad, @CarolKing, are you suggesting that if you vape while already high, the effects will be less than if you waited until you were completely sober? That's interesting. I've actually always suspected that to be the case, but I didn't know it was a thing out there. I wonder how that works though. You'd think that 2+2 was 4, but for some reason that doesn't apply here.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm always taken aback by how thoughtful this place is!

Last edited:

crawdad

floatin
[USER=4249]@crawdad, @CarolKing, are you suggesting that if you vape while already high, the effects will be less than if you waited until you were completely sober? That's interesting. I've actually always suspected that to be the case, but I didn't know it was a thing out there. I wonder how that works though. You'd think that 2+2 was 4, but for some reason that doesn't apply here.[/USER]

well, i think set and setting have a bearing on your overall experience so if you are still on your way down then the overall level difference is smaller than before. i enjoy the levels that you slowly progress through on your way down from an edible, if its been a while since ive had one then it could take nearly a week or two before im getting same vape results as before so for that reason i either take a break or use much smaller amounts after an edible (nano dosing).

crawdad,

juneshayek

it could take nearly a week or two before im getting same vape results

So what, do you actually feel it that whole time? I tried another dose, and I definitely don't feel anything after a day has passed. But then again, I'm not actually using it medically, so that might be the difference.

i either take a break or use much smaller amounts after an edible (nano dosing)

OK, that's interesting.. So this is vaping nano doses right? Or are you talking edibles here? How much comprises a nano-dose for you? Also, do you even feel anything from such small doses if your already on the way down from the edible?

juneshayek,
Top Bottom