Eden Medical and Univeristy of British Columbia

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Eden Medical and Univeristy of British Columbia Have partnered to take on a new study to investigate the potential of cannabinoid replacement therapy for current Opioid users.

E-mail: letushelp@myeden.ca

It is a very slow process and I have been in the process for maybe 2 months now, but I am at the final stage waiting for approval.

It doesn't specify that you have to be a legitimate or illegitimate opiate user as well if you have to also abuse the substance. The questions they ask seem focus on addictions so I am not sure if I will qualify. I'm sure that's where they have the priority, but I think they also want to help establish cannabis as a viable alternative to opioids for long term chronic pain management.

I have been using OxyContin for years now and now the new formulation OxyNeo. I don't know if cannabis alone would be enough to manage my pain, but it is part of my pain management regimen. I however have always been interested in using the alternative, but have never had proper direction. Since this is a new study I don't expect them to have the data like equivalency factors in mg/THC to say mg/Oxycodone for example which is commonplace in pain management as you build tolerance they do what's called an opioid rotation and have a properly researched table to use that works effectively.

I seem to think this, an equivalency factor for cannabis to opioids, is one of the results they are working to achieve and this is potentially just the start. The Eden Medical Dispensary doesn't sell properly Lab tested cannabis, but for the study the cannabis has to be fully lab tested for cannabinoids and terpenes and other compounds to a high quality. This will help them establish the most reliable information. They will likely do multiple studies to establish some common outcomes.

1. Yes, there has been funding provided to pay for your cannabis while you are in the study.
2. The study is from 2-6 months long - likely depending on your dosage and history of resistance and etc
3. You have to be a resident of Ontario or British Columbia and live where you have reasonable access to the participating locations.
4. You email your story to the address provided and it takes some time, but they yesterday announced they still had some some left which is why I decided to post this message.

I am hoping to be a part of some potentially game changing research and hope to be some help in finding new therapies to help those under the grip of addiction to these sometimes horrible drugs.

Top Bottom