• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ecapple iV-1

I thought the same thing also so I ordered one. I would recommend the iV-1 over the Heaven 2. I'm not impressed with the Heaven 2 build quality or minor differences between my iV-1. I am impressed with my CF though!

fKbmHJt.jpg

fIGt5V1.jpg

pqV6Hod
I4spCXN
BDrSjYm
fKbmHJt
fIGt5V1

Last edited:

pandaphysics

I just picked one of these up and I have to say after a few modifications I like this thing a lot. I popped a domed screen down in the bottom (to minimize bowl size) and I always stuff and extra screen on top. First thing to mention is the incredibly low draw resistance. It has lower draw resistance than my grasshopper! Next is that I really love the replaceable 18650's. I find this thing a little compareable to my CFX just with MUCH less power. I really like it for a conduction vape. Between the weaker oven and open draw you can EASILY overpower the heater on this thing which is the only thing that bugs me. I really like the temp display, it seems a lot more honest than the CFX. I can see it losing heat during my draws (still probably not perfect, but I really like it). All in all I'm very pleased with this vape for $60.

pandaphysics,
Reactions: nondarb

wakenvape1317

Just got my heaven from gearspek yesterday. I chose to order from there because of faster shipping and I thought it was easier than alibaba and believed it to be the exact same as the ecapple iv-1 (correct?). Unfortunately when I tried to turn it on for the first time I set the temp to 420, held the power button for 3 seconds, light turns red, I release the button and the light immediately turns blue and it says it's vaping at 420 degrees. In order to get the vape to heat up I have to hold the button down the whole time.

Anyone else expirencing this problem? Is there a way to reset the vape somehow?

Also, despite charging for about 5 hours when I got it the battery would not go full and the screen would go blank after several minutes (is this normal or should it stay lit up?)

Thanks guys.

wakenvape1317,

dannydroid

Google Nazi
Hi all,
I was just wondering if I could get some.input between this device and say a Flowermate Mini Pro?

This will be my first vape, and thus, don't wanna spend too much on one if I'm unsure if I'd enjoy it.

I'm a daily bong smoker, and smoke around a gram a day, and I think my lungs would thank me if I switched.

I'm heavily leaning towards IV-1, but would kinda loke to know whh it doesn't seem to get a lot of love or recommendation over the FM line.

Cheers for any help guys <3

dannydroid,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi all,
I was just wondering if I could get some.input between this device and say a Flowermate Mini Pro?

This will be my first vape, and thus, don't wanna spend too much on one if I'm unsure if I'd enjoy it.

I'm a daily bong smoker, and smoke around a gram a day, and I think my lungs would thank me if I switched.

I'm heavily leaning towards IV-1, but would kinda loke to know whh it doesn't seem to get a lot of love or recommendation over the FM line.

Cheers for any help guys <3
Wecome on FC!

I can't give an objective feedback since I haven't used both of them but the main advantages for the IV-1 is the user replacable batteries and the full adjustable t°. Although he mini Pro seems very tiny and stealth.

dannydroid

Google Nazi
Thank you for the reply (and the warm welcome ^^ ).

The Flowermate Mini Pro also allows for full temp control. Stealth isn't too much of a dealbreaker for me, as I'm mostly a home smoker (although it would be nice to sit by the river with a vape :p ), the removable batteries are a plus.

Reading though a few of pages of this thread, a few peeps seem to prefer it more then their FM, and some even put it (almost) in the same class as the Boundless!

I guess just want the best bang for my buck vape with full temp control, all these extra features (like removable batteries) id happily trade in for a better vape quality.

Edit: if someone could recommend a vender that will send to the UK <3 I'm been looking at new on ebay but worried about the warranty (or if ecapple allows you to deal with them direct).

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
This would be good as a first vape for a soon to be ex combuster. It is cheap for what you get. Do not worry about warranty too much as it would not be financially feasible to return it to the manufacturer in china. It is a good backup for me and gets used when im in a hurry as the heat up time is impressive.

lookhigh,
Reactions: nondarb

dannydroid

Google Nazi
Thank you for all your help guys, I ended up ordering one, should be here in a few days.

I messaged the seller to whom I am buying from. I asked if he knew what version he had and if he able to change from F to C (which I assume, would be a good indication that it is the lastest rev. 3). He said the stock came in less than a month ago from ecapple and that you can change from F to C. So I hope it is. Aha.

I've done a lot of Google-ing over the last few days and the specs from the OG and the current rev and finding out which one the damn seller has listed (most just copy and paste the old spec sheet, the newer model has a bigger battery for example). Such a pain, but tbh, I found it quite fun learning about the vape and the world of vaping. Gotta get me some of dose sick stem (?) / bubbler mods going! :p

I'll report back with how I get on :p .

Last edited:

dannydroid

Google Nazi
Hey guys, hope the bumps okay (last post is a few days old).

I've had my vape for a few days, and I'd thought I'd share some things.

The Box:
The box itself has a tick box for the iV-1 and the iV-1S. I believe there is no difference between the two units other then the glassware that's included (if anyone knows where I can find something like the iV-1S glassware, then that would be awesome, as I much prefer the look for stealth reasons).

Included in the box was the wax chamber, woot!

Being a total noob, I'm on my second day and I believe I've had my first successful session. I managed to get my first real cloud, and I'm currently typing this feeling pretty happy for myself.

How you load and breath really does make a take a bit of getting used to, but well worth it in the end.

lookhigh

FC member
Nice to see you enjoying the IV. No learning curve, just inhale slowly for big clouds.
Also fill the chamber to the top and slightly tamp. Experiment....

dannydroid

Google Nazi
I think I may have a faulty unit. Although I'm not really sure :p

The display turns off after a few seconds (never the same amount of time, it can be three seconds or six). The button stays on, whatever colour it was (i.e blue, if it has reached temp). I push the button again, and it wakes up, normally around 30-40c lower, after only a second of the screen being off. I also notice when the screen does turn off, the unit stop making the "heating up" noise, pushing the button starts it all up again. It sounds like a form of stand-by.

The temperatures takes around 40 seconds to 1 min to reach.

I have only had one good cloud out of it, and it work damn well! Now I just get small clouds, if I'm lucky. And I do feel a little high, just not as high as I'd thought I'd be given the size of the chamber :p .

dannydroid,

dannydroid

Google Nazi
I'm afraid I don't ): . I assume this isn't normal behaviour :p

I also noticed when charging, the screen does the same thing. Will be on, displaying the battery level, between 1 min an half an hour or so, the screen will turn off and I believe it stops charging too.

Kinda does sound like it may be the battery now that I think of it.

dannydroid,
I'm afraid I don't ): . I assume this isn't normal behaviour :p
I also noticed when charging, the screen does the same thing. Will be on, displaying the battery level, between 1 min an half an hour or so, the screen will turn off and I believe it stops charging too.

Kinda does sound like it may be the battery now that I think of it.

Charging 18650s inside the vape isnt a good idea, a dedicated seperate charger (ideally a digital one) will significantly prolong battery life and help diagnose battery issues along the line. Definitely sounds like a faulty battery imo, may of been old stock and a dud from the get go.

nondarb,

PDwasmy1st

I want a cheap portable, It's between this and the flowermate v5 pro [12 months warrenty] over the pond here I can only find a IV-1 for £60 with only 30 days warrenty! upon reading this thread I have seen there are quite a few failures, but the FM has a non removable battery [In theory you can change it but I'm no pro] anyone know of place offering longer warrenty at that price? without the shipping prices. [or works out same price with shipping]

For me it seems I am better served going for the flowermate even though I'd like the look of the water tool that comes with the IV-1

PDwasmy1st,

PDwasmy1st

The warranty is only as good as the seller on this one, so not worth sending back.
No problems with mine and i do like it.
Focus vape should also be considered.
Yup, i have found a vendor doing 9 months warranty :) so is this ok to use without the bubbler? dosn't get too hot to get a decent amount of vapor?

PDwasmy1st,

lookhigh

FC member
I never used the supplied water tool. Heat depends on temp used, does get hot on long draws

lookhigh,

PDwasmy1st

I never used the supplied water tool. Heat depends on temp used, does get hot on long draws
So you still get a nice bit of visable vapor at lower to lower mid temps [on 6 second drag? and mouthpiece dosnt get too hot? higher temps need water tool?
How come you didn't use water tool, becuase in public it looks on top? so you use somthing better at home?
What is the normal mouthpiece made of?
Is it your favourite portable?

PDwasmy1st,

lookhigh

FC member
Lots of vapor.... My draws are 30 sec+ long and slow and is ok.
Water tool is only so so.
This would be my backup or in a hurry vape.

lookhigh,

PDwasmy1st

The warranty is only as good as the seller on this one, so not worth sending back.
No problems with mine and i do like it.
Focus vape should also be considered.
Now I'm looking into the Focus Vape v the Ecapple, does the focus get less hot on same temps as ecapple? is the heating source same end as mouthpiece?
I have got a sensitive throat from 25 years of smoking [quit years ago] so water filter appeals to me for cooling purposes, but not very stealth!
thanks for your help btw

PDwasmy1st,

lookhigh

FC member
The focus vape would be similar. The solo has a long stem and stays cool, You could always use a whip. The ecapple mp size is odd and other wt will not fit.

lookhigh,

PDwasmy1st

The focus vape would be similar. The solo has a long stem and stays cool, You could always use a whip. The ecapple mp size is odd and other wt will not fit.
I am only looking for the best portable, a whip is a definate no no,
chrome-logo.png

Looks a better flowermate but is a throw away too i think
the ecapple has total heat control the focus has 4 settings both might be too hot so id need the water tool when i can in public...hmm leaning towards ecapple cos i can get it for £52

PDwasmy1st,
Top Bottom