• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Eating ABV - trip report.

pikaawho0902

So Bro, you mellow now?
I was a twat and acctientally took one of my half caps instead of the full ones but just taken some full ones now so I'll let you know aha

Update: the burps taste disgusting

Last edited by a moderator:
pikaawho0902,

pikaawho0902

So its been about 4 hours since I took the half cap and about 2 and a half hours since I took the whole cap. Nothing at all has happened, so I'm gonna give up for tonight. Will try 2-3 caps tomorrow night.

pikaawho0902

Ok. So, I took half a 000 cap at 9:13pm. Nothing happened so I took a full 000 cap at 10:48pm. After "giving up" waiting, I decided to go to sleep at around 2:30am. At 4am I woke up and felt a bit strange. I began to feel very slightly relaxed but mainly just quite tired in terms of my body and my throat had a slightly weird feeling and I also felt sick. This feeling kept coming in waves, becoming very strong and then almost not there (along with some headaches). I just sat in bed with the TV on and waited it out - it was the worst physical feeling I've ever had and I just wanted it to stop. At about 5am I tried to sleep again but it continued to come in waves but gradually got weaker. At about 6-6:30am I managed to fall asleep, only then to have to wake up at 7am to go to school. However, when I woke up at 7 I felt almost normal. In summary: it took like 5 hours to even work and it didn't even feel like being high, it felt like being tired and ill. I would try a higher dosage to see if it gets any better, but honestly I don't wanna go through all that again, it felt terrible!

pikaawho0902,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's not a fun flight when you over do it with edibles. It can last for 24+ hours. I took way to much once and still felt too medicated the next day and I had to go to work. Luckily I live just a couple miles from work.

I made a peanut butter chocolate milkshake. I drank half then put the rest in the freezer. I didn't think ABV would be that strong.:evil: I didn't feel anything after 2 hours so I finished the glass.

It started to kick in an hour later from the half milkshake that I had drank earlier. By the time the rest kicked in I was way too medicated and had to wait it out. I thought by the next morning that I would be fine, I wasn't.

I always say go sloooow with edibles. Yes, medium brown ABV is strong. I mainly use edibles at night for pain and sleep. I don't use them all the time.

WeedyGirl1979

Ok. So, I took half a 000 cap at 9:13pm. Nothing happened so I took a full 000 cap at 10:48pm. After "giving up" waiting, I decided to go to sleep at around 2:30am. At 4am I woke up and felt a bit strange. I began to feel very slightly relaxed but mainly just quite tired in terms of my body and my throat had a slightly weird feeling and I also felt sick. This feeling kept coming in waves, becoming very strong and then almost not there (along with some headaches). I just sat in bed with the TV on and waited it out - it was the worst physical feeling I've ever had and I just wanted it to stop. At about 5am I tried to sleep again but it continued to come in waves but gradually got weaker. At about 6-6:30am I managed to fall asleep, only then to have to wake up at 7am to go to school. However, when I woke up at 7 I felt almost normal. In summary: it took like 5 hours to even work and it didn't even feel like being high, it felt like being tired and ill. I would try a higher dosage to see if it gets any better, but honestly I don't wanna go through all that again, it felt terrible!
I strongly advise against trying an even higher dosage. Personally, it gives me the spins, being
'too high' from edibles. The closest I ever get to motion sickness although I'll still. I said in a thread around here once "It only takes one time throwing up in a trash can and swearing to god to make better choices to learn". Nothing fun about that at all.
Echoing what @CarolKing said, best to start low and slow. You can tweak onset a bit by how you time your meals, but it really comes down to body chemistry and how your metabolism is doing. (Mine tends to wax and wane according to season- actually went to work high a couple months back from an edible I'd consumed in the early afternoon. If it was summertime, where I'm more active, that same timing would've guaranteed a fun evening. Instead, it was a frelling miserable day.)
On a more up note- I ran in the New Year with sparkly glass, having a big mug of adult hot chocolate with my stem milk, buttershots and Bailey's. By the time I made it to the party I was going to (hours later, can't drink and drive at all) I was nicely mellow. And a good time was had by all!

throwawaytre3s

It's not a fun flight when you over do it with edibles.
I mean, if you over do it, it isn't necessarily bad either. The first two times I had an abv edible, I just passed out, it was like nyquil for me. The third and most recent time, I harvested the honey from my eq stem and put it in half and half, then split it into two cups, and made coffee with it. It was wonderful. It tasted great, and got me to a 6/6.5 for a solid 7 hours.

pikaawho0902

No no I definitely didn't over do it. I wasn't off my face at all. I felt completely normal other than feeling sick and weak and ill. Maybe I wasn't in the right mind set or maybe it wasn't strong enough or something, I dunno

pikaawho0902,

pressure

can I eat raw ABV ? How much do I need to eat to feel it? I ate some but didnt feel it. Maybe ate like a gram

Last edited:
pressure,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi @pressure , raw avb should have an effect, depending on how spent it is, you may not get much euphoria from it, as it won't be very high in thc...
But you should get some all body relaxing feelings...

I asume you mixed it with something???

You didn't just eat a spoon full or avb did you????

If so that's fucking rank and I admire your attitude for trying it... fair play...

In its most basic form I put about 2 shot glasses worth in a brownie mix and it fucks me all day....

In a more complex form I infuse raw coconut oil with it... comes out a nice green colour from brown avb..then cook with oil...

Or you can make oil from it using extraction methods...then cook with it or put it in drink...

Cannabinoids like to be in fat as they are not water soluble, at least mix it with some chocolate spread or something..

I really wanna know if you ate it plain...

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I ate a chunk of ABV/coconut oil yesterday, which had been in my fridge since whenever I last contributed to this thread (maybe ten months ago). Fucked me up. Kinda nicely for a while, but eventually I seemed to feel crappy from it.

When I've done this before, I was using about half a gram of flower per day, throughout the day. Lately, though, I've only been using about 0.1-0.15 g a day; mostly after 9:00 pm. Since I don't feel like I'm chasing a dragon all day every day now, I was able to approach this ABV trip (to Wendy's) differently than when I've done it before. I didn't start out by worrying about what might or might not happen. Rather, I simply noticed the chunk of ABV oil in my fridge, and I impulsively said why the fuck not.

I ate the chunk of ABV oil just before leaving the house on my power chair, with most of a green smoothie in hand. First I sat in front of Kroger, 700 feet from my home, while drinking the smoothie and people-watching, then I went to Wendy's, about another half mile down the road.

Smelling fried chicken outside Kroger made me want chicken at Wendy's. But when I got there, the picture on the menu board of the Baconator made me reconsider. So I hung out in front of the counter for a while, trying to figure out if I wanted Baconator or chicken. This decision was very hard to make. After asking the cashier girl a whole bunch of stupid questions, I ended up getting the Baconator combo with a Dr. Pepper. That may have been the first time I've drank pop this year, as I pretty much only drink water these days. (I'm from Ohio. Ohioans call it pop.) I even apologized to the cashier for being so indecisive and stupid, and I told her I was high. Which I think may not have been obvious, as I think I tend to give a first impression of something more like very serious, as I obviously have to work very hard to do things most people can do easily (from MS and two horrible injuries).

My injuries: On April 27, I broke my right femur into three pieces; just from standing. Then on June 17, I suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my right shin/calf, right buttock, and thankfully only a small part of my dick, after accidentally kicking off the cold water knob on my cripple bath, with the shower head spraying the hottest water possible on my leg, with me stuck in a position that left me mostly unable to move out of the hot water's path. I've only been able to put weight on the leg for the last few weeks or so.

Yeah, so I was baked. I was so baked I had a hard time holding up my top half while I ate. After leaving Wendy's, I felt like I could fall asleep on my power chair while operating it. As I headed back toward Kroger/home, I started to wonder if I was going to be able to do my grocery shopping. I ended up deciding to head back home first, to rest for a while and hopefully to lose the buzz. A couple hours later I felt like I had the energy and motivation to head back to Kroger.

This trip was pretty nice for a while, but it ended up making me feel pretty shitty for a while. But that may have been at least partly caused by dehydration. Anyway, I think this trip gave me a much better idea of what to expect from eating ABV than when I've done it previously. I got my money's worth.

Treeburner

Yesterday I ran 40 grams of light brown ABV (vaped at 410°F max) through my stovetop espresso maker, infusing it into 1/2 cup refined coconut oil which was baked into oatmeal raisin cookies. Ended up with 50 small cookies, so each cookie has approximately 0.75g of ABV per cookie (including minor loss of oil in remaining mash).

Have been eating NBV bud cookies lately with .25g/cookie, and the ABV cookies have a similar effect. However, they are significantly more "stoning", and have therefore been designated as "nighttime" cookies. Will help me stretch my daytime cookie supply, and should be good when my fiancée has trouble sleeping because of pain and/or anxiety or when my 83 year old dad can't sleep because of his gout.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the stainless stovetop espresso maker, turns an all day task making oil into a one hour job with significantly less cleanup, and I'll be damned if I can tell the difference in extraction quality versus a crockpot. My morning cookie is kicking in now, so time for a shower and shave before a long day of managing a nonprofit.

-Treeburner

Serious

Liable to snap at any moment.
While waiting for the 1.5 g of ABV I had for breakfast to take effect, I've come up with a question:
The other day I read a short piece somewhere that seemed to suggest that making infusions with ABV was "more efficient" than simply eating the stuff first.
Can anyone confirm or deny?

Serious,

Serious

Liable to snap at any moment.
And speaking of that 1.5 g.: The other day I decided to experiment with edibilizing ABV. I guess my first mistake was in vaping a bit before I did my calculations, because while your results may vary, I find that cannabis and mathematics should not be combined.
That's why I wound up eating 5 grams at one sitting. While it didn't give me any death wishes, or make me really, really sick, still it was not a pleasant experience.
The next day I tried 3 g, which, for my personal metabolism, is also Too Much.
So today, it's just the 1.5 g. so I have great expectations.
I think I'll spend the morning sitting on the back porch watching it rain.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
And speaking of that 1.5 g.: The other day I decided to experiment with edibilizing ABV. I guess my first mistake was in vaping a bit before I did my calculations, because while your results may vary, I find that cannabis and mathematics should not be combined.
That's why I wound up eating 5 grams at one sitting. While it didn't give me any death wishes, or make me really, really sick, still it was not a pleasant experience.
The next day I tried 3 g, which, for my personal metabolism, is also Too Much.
So today, it's just the 1.5 g. so I have great expectations.
I think I'll spend the morning sitting on the back porch watching it rain.
ROFLMAO!

Yes, yes indeed. No weapons of math instruction should be present with mj. ;)

Top Bottom