Easy microwave peanut butter fudge

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
This is a great recipe, and I use it all the time. It's even better this time of year because you can give it as a Christmas/holiday gift! I have not altered it to add cannabis, but I'm open to suggestions! :)

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge:

1 lb box confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter

Place sugar, butter and milk in a large mixing bowl.

Cook in the microwave 2 minutes on high.

Take out, beat ingredients with hand mixer until combined.

Microwave 30 seconds more, then add peanut butter and mix until combined well.

Spread in foil lined 8 X 8 pan.

sasNW

Just infuse some natural peanut butter and add that at the end instead of regular butter. Super easy to cook herb into natural peanut butter. Sounds like a tasty treat!

Edit- figured I may as well add the info for the peanut butter. Or you can google "weed firecracker" for better instructions. But it's as easy as getting oily natural peanut butter (I use Adams brand) mix up to a gram or two of herb per amount of peanut butter you would spread on a sandwich. Wrap it nice and tight in foil and put in the oven at ~320F for 20 minutes (best to experiment and see what works with smaller amounts). Take out, let cool and enjoy.

Last edited:
sasNW,
Reactions: Vicki

sasNW

No oil in the recipe I saw. And you could do the butter, it was just a suggestion. Personally I don't think flowers ruin it, I really enjoy the taste and with it ground to a powder you cannot tell its in there. But of course you can mix any Thc into the peanut, oil or whatever. Just super quick and easy for anyone to do like the original recipe

sasNW,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have been decarbing my flowers for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees to make my tincture. I thought about doing that and adding it to a batch of this fudge during the cooking process in the microwave. I'm just not sure how much to add, though, based on this particular recipe.

Vicki,

sasNW

If it's tincture why not just add as much as you want in the final mix? Since it's tincure it should be ready for consumption ya?

sasNW,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
If it's tincture why not just add as much as you want in the final mix? Since it's tincure it should be ready for consumption ya?

I don't think it would work well just pouring liquid tincture into this recipe. Might mess up the consistency of the fudge.

Vicki,
Reactions: sasNW

sasNW

Very good point, didn't really think much. I have personally mixed tincure into peanut butter and with some mixing it worked into the pb totally. I got tired of drinking some weak stuff and made a few nice pb&j's. So maybe that would work well for the recipe. I don't work with tincure much though sorry. Now I want some fudge

sasNW,

next level

How strong do you want it? 5-14 grams should do the trick. You really cant use too much. You end up eating less.

next level,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
How strong do you want it? 5-14 grams should do the trick. You really cant use too much. You end up eating less.

I have some really good flowers right now, so that helps. The recipe only calls for a total of 1 cup of peanut butter, so maybe 7 grams would be enough.

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm gonna make 2 batches today. One medicated with cannabis, and one everyone else can eat. :lol:

I plan to use 7 grams, but once I get started, I may bump up the quantity. Not sure yet, but will report back. :)

Vicki,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have been decarbing my flowers for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees to make my tincture. I thought about doing that and adding it to a batch of this fudge during the cooking process in the microwave. I'm just not sure how much to add, though, based on this particular recipe.
350 seems a bit high, no? I've always decarb'd at 250 for 10 or so minutes, until it starts to turn a bit lighter in color. 350's vaporizing THC (around 315 boiling temp) unless you're aiming for an indica-dominant tincture.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
350 seems a bit high, no? I've always decarb'd at 250 for 10 or so minutes, until it starts to turn a bit lighter in color. 350's vaporizing THC (around 315 boiling temp) unless you're aiming for an indica-dominant tincture.

I actually lowered the temp down to 325 degrees for 5 minutes. I have always used that temperature with good results. I really need pain relief, and using this method helps me immensely. I've always used that temp with my tincture, but this is the first time doing it with fudge.

next level

I actually lowered the temp down to 325 degrees for 5 minutes. I have always used that temperature with good results. I really need pain relief, and using this method helps me immensely. I've always used that temp with my tincture, but this is the first time doing it with fudge.

Have you tried decarbing at a lower temperature? I normally do 225F-250F so I don't lose anything. We do 300F for pain relief tincture. 5-10 minutes

The aromatic terpenoids start around 250F, THC @315F, and CBD @320F.

next level,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Have you tried decarbing at a lower temperature? I normally do 225F-250F so I don't lose anything. We do 300F for pain relief tincture. 5-10 minutes

The aromatic terpenoids start around 250F, THC @315F, and CBD @320F.

I haven't yet. Do you think I'm wasting anything going that high? My tincture and this last batch of fudge turned out great.

Vicki,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I haven't yet. Do you think I'm wasting anything going that high? My tincture and this last batch of fudge turned out great.

Frankly, if what you've achieved is satisfying to 'YOU' for your need and supply.... it's all that really matters in the end ;)

smokum,

next level

I agree with smokum. If its working its working. But still no reason not to see if something else can work better.

I have gone that high before. I would think you might be wasting some. I was told to drop the temperature to 225F. We sometimes do 250F. And like I said above 300F for pain tinctures. We are still experimenting with them. Going to do 2 batches today one @250f the other @275F.

next level,
Top Bottom