Easy ABV Coconut Oil Recipe(Crockpot)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You guys are water curing abv? Why? The point of water curing fresh bud is to minimize smell and I would think that is all gone in abv.

stickstones,
Reactions: EmDeemo

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Sorry for the back-to-back post: the time to edit expired.

So, I prepared 1 box brownies with maybe a tablespoon more ABV coco-oil than called for (1/2 cup + 1 Tblspn ). In my opinion, these brownies taste good, and yes, they still have a canni-flavor about them, but they are not like my last "unwashed" batch: gag-awful, but couch-locky. So far, so good! No "over-medicated-need-a-nap-now" feeling yet. I may need to augment with EVO hits, which isn't such a chore, anyway, and just for color adjustment.

Last edited:
I finally made cookies with the oil I had left from when I made it and tried out capsules. There was exactly a cup which was perfect for the batch of cookies. Made 24 cookies. I ate one two hours ago and I'm completely ripped :D chocolate chip + walnuts woot

This method + soy lecithin is absolutely amazing

Osn Dosn

Le me wants some cococannaoil too.

The last time I did anything related was hash cake a decade ago, so some advice would be appreciated :)

This receipt sounds very simple, so I will get a crackpot just for this, but I plan on using only small parts of abv but more of trims and inferior buds.

Does this make any difference / requires extra steps?
I can't use the herbs freshly, undried can I?!

I read elsewhere about adding small amounts of water periodically during the cooking process, not needed with the coconut oil?

Osn Dosn,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Me and my partner use coconut oil, milk, water and nectar for everything. Food sweetener, moisturiser, anti-fungal ointment, anti-rash rub (for our daughter), cooking, oil burning, air humidifying purposes, face cleaner, body scrub, bath additive, food, lubricant (hm hmmm)..

Really good to know that people are now getting high with it. Can't wait to try this later on in life.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Le me wants some cococannaoil too.

I plan on using only small parts of abv but more of trims and inferior buds.

My understanding is fresh mj needs to be decarboxylized prior to infusion to activate the THC. Making brownies with fresh is ok: the 40 minutes cooking at 325 F or so decarboxylizes the mj. But this coconut oil method, if never goes much above 200 F, so the goodies need a bit of goading. ABV, by its very nature, has been decarboxylized. See the following info:

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

Last edited:

Bezerkben

I feel mighty fine right now, but there's something missing... I think I'm used to the psychedelic effects of vaping, whereas oil made with avb is cannabinoids that have more of a physical effect. This is a good thing, because I can't stand the psychedelic effect sometimes (gives me hardcore anxiety/paranoia). Ganja makes me trip harder sometimes than even an eighth of zoomers, so this is kinda nice. Very peaceful and relaxing :)

you experienced this after taking 10 pills or 4 pills?

Bezerkben,

Daddy Bear

Hey guys, im just about to attempt my first batch of AVB canna pills

I have some questions and hope some of you guys can help:

1) What ratios of coconut oil/lecithin are you guys using for your pills? (Ill be using 14g of AVB)
2) Ill be adding some kiff too (1g), do I need to decarb this before I add it to the mix? If so..... how?
3) When I make the oil should I strain out the AVB with a filter/cheesecloth before i fill my caps or or not?
4) I'll be adding lemongrass extract, should I add this before or after heating in the crockpot?

Really hope ou guys can help

I dont want to mess up my pills :)

Cheers

Alex

Daddy Bear,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Is it more efficient to use the mason jar method?

It probably boils down (pun intended) to how much ABV you are working with. Even then, I'd just use more jars. Since you use a crockpot with simmering water to maintain temp, and it doesn't use tremendous amounts of energy. The best thing, however, is that it contains the mess to a small spot.

LazyIdol

So I just followed this guide using the mason jar method, only heating for about 36 hours. After filtering my oil looks dark brown to black and smells kinda weird. I used 2 of the 14 oz mason jars with about 2-4 oz of vaped bud between them. I received about one full jar worth of oil after straining.

I guess my question is, should I be concerned with the gross color/smell? or is this normal when using ABV. Could I have heated for too long? My brother described the color of the oil as "black tar"
I was reading over on @Enchantre 's thread and noticed a comment about how the darker it is the more concentrated and that you can dilute it down to a more normal color. might try this.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Last edited:
LazyIdol,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
should I be concerned with the gross color/smell? or is this normal when using ABV. Could I have heated for too long? My brother described the color of the oil as "black tar"

re: gross smell/taste - it's normal. That's why I "water cure" ABV and dry it before I do the Mason jar thing. It really minimises the gag-worthiness of the final product. But if you are just going to encapsulate it, no probs. Even so, mine turns out black (actually, dark olive-green) as a Mortal Sin.

Last edited:

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Mine was dark dark brown when it was liquid, but when it dried it was a light green. I used ABV with no cure. It has a slight taste but nothing like any other method of oils/butters I've tried. I like to use it about an hour before bed. Knocks me the F out! Most times I just scoop some in a spoon and mix it with whatever snack is handy. Ice cream is nice...

LazyIdol

Yes, after my initial panicked post here, I put it into the fridge and forgot about it for a few hours. came back and it was a nice deep avocado green. I think I was just a little overpowered by the strong ABV odor during the straining part.

I got about 2 cups of oil from about 4 oz of ABV. Still have around 3-4 for next batch. highly recommend this method, easiest way to make oil I have tried.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I haven't baked much: cookies for camp, and they came in very handy. So I've been using my original batch to process accumulated ABV. As an added benefit, I put my collected reclaim from concentrates suspended in an Everclear bath. I just cleaned the rest of my goobered up glass and poured the potion into the coconut/ABV mixture. When the alcohol boils off, I'll take it off and strain it well. I gotta feelin' this will couch-lock city.

Bubbling Coco
IMG_04341.jpg

Last edited:

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
If it has not been mentioned already always get cold pressed/extracted oil. This basically ensures you are still getting you are getting raw form material/product. It is truly pure this way, no compounds have been altered when the oils had been extracted. Heat and many other methods take away from the healthy benefits. I vape for health reasons/benefits and so I carry that over to my food and such also. Cheers!!

ichibaneye,

ChocolateMonk

excluding the obvious like you haven't got any iso or you think it might be dangerous, could I ask why everyone makes abv butter and not abv qwiso butter? wouldn't making oil out of the vape poo and adding that to butter/coconut oil be quicker and taste better?

ChocolateMonk,

puddleglum

excluding the obvious like you haven't got any iso or you think it might be dangerous, could I ask why everyone makes abv butter and not abv qwiso butter? wouldn't making oil out of the vape poo and adding that to butter/coconut oil be quicker and taste better?

Speaking only and purely for myself: The label on my coconut oil says "organic 100% pure extra virgin food grade" and the label on my ISO says "WARNING: for external use only, will cause gastric upset if taken internally."

I am a health-conscious medical user, so this is what I call a "no brainer." :)

ChocolateMonk

your point comes under my 'excluding the obvious' no? and tbh I wasn't meaning do a qwiso and dump the liquid into your coconut oil, jebus! I was thinking more like adding the final product to it.
but ok then swap iso for pga.

ChocolateMonk,

puddleglum

your point comes under my 'excluding the obvious' no? and tbh I wasn't meaning do a qwiso and dump the liquid into your coconut oil, jebus! I was thinking more like adding the final product to it.
but ok then swap iso for pga.

I am very new to FC and still learning what is "obvious" to the community and what isn't. Apologies if I gave offense. :)

If you are asking "do people ever use concentrates in edibles?" I think the answer is "yes."

puddleglum,
Top Bottom