Easiest, most reliable eatable ?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Patience, you see, is the crucial ingredient in any successful edible cannabis experience. The effects of eaten weed land between one and three hours after ingestion—a span that allows impatient partakers to hit the one-hour mark, decide they're "not feeling anything," and supplement their initial dose with another dose. Ugh:o

The result can be a cascade of intensifying effects, as the first dose eventually hits its mark, followed not long after by the supplementary dose—a double whammy that sends the user straight to the endless-seeming hell of the over-stoned lasting a day or more in some cases. It's dependent on the person and how strong and how much of the edible you ingested.:leaf:

Last edited:

Esoteric

Pot Head formerly Septon Sefton
put avb in caps. swallow caps. enjoy (any!) food.

edit: read that wrong sorry

Esoteric,

Krazy

I help a number of older medical users cook their meds and the fav by far is coconut oil fudge.

Krazy,

Nesta

Are Firecrackers the most foolproof
method of making an eatable?
If yes, what is the exact recipe?
Thank you
I've never made Firecrackers- but here's my favorite way to bake (fresh) cannabis: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/reefer-cupcakes-please-critique.11003/

It's pretty easy & it's potent. Since I posted this recipe, a few years ago, I bought a scale & found that the half a teaspoon of fresh bud weighs about 0.30 to 0.41 grams per serving. Warning: I find this has quite a kick & usually hits within an hour, even on a full stomach - but as with all edibles, YMMV.

jay87

1. Decarb material - 230-240F for 40-60 minutes seems to be the general range most fall into
2. Heat up butter or other fat
3. Mix material and butter and let sit for absorbtion
4. Put cannabutter into bowl of ice cream and eat
5. :leaf::leaf::leaf:

jay87,

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Firecrackers are pretty fool proof in my experience. These were my go to before I knew much about decarb temps and what not. If memory serves correct, the process was spread a lil pb on some saltines and take a pinch of herb and sandwich between the saltines. Bake 22 min at 300/320 or something like that, dont remember the exact temps.

Paperback Writer,

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Is decarb really necessary?

Decarb will happen naturally thru the cooking process....the issues with temp in my opinion is over-decarbing where edibles become much more sleepy. In the past I have made firecrackers as I stated and they have always worked.

That being said, we have a lot more information now days in terms of prime temps to decarb (still controversial and subjective) and many like to fine tune accordingly.

Paperback Writer,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I make firecrackers a few times a week and I've played around and tweaked it with very good results.
For me it required two purchases: a $12 oven thermometer. Very important especially when you see how different the actual temperature is to what you've selected for the oven. Second, the Nova/Lift decarb machine. I know it's not fully necessary if you aren't concerned with smell but I am, and I definitely get a better decarb with the machine than any of my trial and error experiments.

It's so important to thoroughly preheat the oven - at least 15 minutes or so in my experience.
I use a convection oven so it's possible that's why the actual temp is about 10 degrees higher than what I'm selecting.

Anyway while that's happening I'll whip out two Trader Joe's cinnamon Graham Crackers and spread healthy gobs of peanut butter on both. Then to top it off I'll add a few drops of coconut oil on each.
With a toothpick I'll sort of mix it together and from there I'll add the bud on each.
Again with a toothpick I'll swish it around so the bud is fully encased in oil.
This adds great flavor and I also think it increases the potency.

From there it's the standard steps to completion - aluminum foil, bake at around 310-320 for 23 minutes.

It will also go in the freezer for about a half hour before eating.

These are strong now - they were iffy before these tweaks.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The ABV milkshake is pretty easy. Just add a tablespoon or two of powdered grams per milkshake depending on your tolerance. Maybe measure before ground up to powder. You don't want to use too much. Use chocolate and peanut butter to hide the ABV taste. Start slooooow. ABV can be pretty potent. :oAlso a tip - some of the ABV will settle to the bottom. Keep stirring.:2c:

My ABV is always pretty sedating. Try this at night a few hours before bed. If you get too medicated you can sleep it off.

Last edited:

Sungodv

YES!

240 F for 40 minutes. Been tested by PsychedelicSam over at GC.

Isn't it already de-carboxyed from the vaporizer? My ABV is fairly dark and my Cookie Butter Firecrackers are pretty potent without a trip to another oven.

Sungodv,

Krazy

Isn't it already de-carboxyed from the vaporizer?
My understanding from reading these forums is that YES, you are correct. The OP specified cooking with fresh unvaped bid. So we are discussing both.

I have access to free meds, personally microdose via vaping, and help older medicinal users prepare edibles. With that in mind: I cook using lab tested organic bud.

Krazy,
Reactions: Sungodv
Top Bottom