• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

e*skillet and essential oiler both the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
If you're using QWISO you need to load a full gram. Next time you prime one be sure you melt it down with a lighter so you can't see any oil in the two D shaped slots the oil fills in to. Your issue was loading too small an amount of oil.

other than loading a full gram (which i didn't have) i did the rest of what you said (the lighter part).

mmenzie,

DubCRider

Yeah, my guess is that your oil thinly coated the insides rather than pooling above the first heater allowing it to melt down and prime.

DubCRider,
Reactions: OF

mmenzie

ok thanks you guys..... it's back to the drawing board. :( as i stated at my present time i do not have access to quality oil or access to someone who grows and can give me trim. the only thing i have access to is high end bud and low end bud. being a noob and not having a lot of $$$$ i feel pretty damn scared to waste my high end bud on a oil experiment i have not successfully completed. buying low end crap bud maybe an option but again... i'm not the richest man in the world to be wasting $$$ even on crap bud.

i have recently hung out with someone from these forums who is about a 40 minute drive from me who was the one that let me sample his ABV QWISO and some other dabbing oil/hash so in the future i may be able to get some quality stuff but for now i am going with the fact i don't have that access.

mmenzie,

OF

Yeah, my guess is that your oil thinly coated the insides rather than pooling above the first heater allowing it to melt down and prime.
ok thanks you guys..... it's back to the drawing board. :( as i stated at my present time i do not have access to quality oil or access to someone who grows and can give me trim. the only thing i have access to is high end bud and low end bud. being a noob and not having a lot of $$$$ i feel pretty damn scared to waste my high end bud on a oil experiment i have not successfully completed. buying low end crap bud maybe an option but again... i'm not the richest man in the world to be wasting $$$ even on crap bud.

No doubt about it, it's not magic, you have to feed it good stock to get good results. I fully understand it's a giant leap of faith to sink big bucks in some lovely bud then blast it with solvent. Even if you know it will work. Perhaps a run or two with lower end bud will give you confidence?

While DubC raises a good point with where it might be (if it were me, I'd open it up and see.....) I think a point missed is in the loading. Reading post 44 tells me it wasn't correctly loaded. The idea is to preheat the cart first so the melted oil hits hot metal and keeps going to the bottom filling it without trapping an air bubble. The way you did it is backwards. It can invite problems which you don't seem to have since you tried to melt it back out and it didn't come out. However, if DubC is right and it's stuck to the walls, that explains the lack of vapor, it never made it to the wicks!

If I were you I'd open it up and see. It's easy. Pry the center contact out or pull it with pliers and cut the wire soldered to it. Pluck the rubber insulator out that used to be around it. Then, through the hole thus exposed, push the insides out with a bamboo skewer or piece of coat hanger wire. It's a little stiff, heating might help get it started, since you're pushing the seal up like a piston and it's all glued together with oil. Do the last part over a clean dinner plate and you can scrape almost all the oil out and recover it should it merit it. You can also then check out the heater and wicks and so on.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

mmenzie

If I were you I'd open it up and see. It's easy. Pry the center contact out or pull it with pliers and cut the wire soldered to it. Pluck the rubber insulator out that used to be around it. Then, through the hole thus exposed, push the insides out with a bamboo skewer or piece of coat hanger wire. It's a little stiff, heating might help get it started, since you're pushing the seal up like a piston and it's all glued together with oil. Do the last part over a clean dinner plate and you can scrape almost all the oil out and recover it should it merit it. You can also then check out the heater and wicks and so on.

Good luck.

OF

thanks, i'm actually going to do this really soon. i just came back from a LHS and just bought a TI Nail setup but have not much to feed it (still have some of my ABV oil still on the sides of my pan). so i figure if i do what you said and break it open i can:

a) confirm if you and DubC are correct in your thinking

and

b) if do get some oil back out of the cart.. i can feed it to my new nail and try it out :)

mmenzie,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Couldnt an omi cart fed low quality oil have the plant waxes and contaminants kind of fried into the wicks causing them to scab over, stopping oil feed and vapor production..... possibly ruining the cart?

mmenzie

i would say in my case....... anything is possible at this point!!

mmenzie,

OF

Couldnt an omi cart fed low quality oil have the plant waxes and contaminants kind of fried into the wicks causing them to scab over, stopping oil feed and vapor production..... possibly ruining the cart?

Exactly so. If nothing gets it first, this will eventually take the cart off line. Production drops to worthless. It depends on what you feed it, some of it won't make it into the wicks and can back up at the bottom of the reservoir in a sort of sludge or it can 'scab over' the wick itself into a plug (remember, the fibers are solid, all we have is the gaps between them to work with) on the other side (where the heater wraps around it).

Either way, flow stops and running it dry is not the answer....

I find 3 grams is a good target. Some go longer, some don't make it through their first gram well. My guess is plant material is different than waxes and stuff?

The 'tin foil test' is a good indication I think. Flame a bit of it on aluminum foil from below and see if it all evaporates cleanly off. I'm not sure it's a 100% test, but it's a strong indicator.

OF

OF,

tepictoton

So, after a few more days with the kanger carts I can give you a little update.

For now I would say best 6dollars(or euros) I have spend so far:2c:

I load the cart with about .5gr of waxy oil, get it down with the torch, and let it rip. Euh sorry, off course you rip it, no use wasting vapor:lol: (I always dry fire it first after removing the filling, just to make sure there is no off gassing from it.)

My DART LV for sure does not give me these results.

From four carts I had one that leaked, but after cleaning it and feeding it more waxy oil it is keeping up fine.

For more oily oils, hehe, one might need another device, but for the material I am using now it works great. Let me remind you that I do not have any experience with the omnicron carts, so I cannot compare to that in any way. But for now, these kanger carts do the job just fine. if I ever find myself in the posession of some nice shatter or pure gold I might still have to check out the omnicron carts, who knows??

tepictoton,

whyblameus

OF what device were you using to power the kanger carts? Are you still testing them?

Mmenzie i dont think the omicron or kanger carts are suited for you at the moment since you only have access to limited amounts of oil.
I see you got a nail now so you might be content at the moment but if your still looking for something you can use on the go I would recommend a ego-w/ego f1 cart. Its the same as the gpen but cheaper.
http://www.myvaporstore.com/eGo_CE2_Giantomizer_F1_with_Pen_Cap_p/egogtf1.htm
This way you only have to load a little dab at a time.

Tepictoton im glad there working good for you too.

I dont think shatter would have any more leaking issues then the waxy stuff with the kanger carts. It should melt down and solidify again just like the wax. But ill agree pure gold is probably not a good idea in these.

whyblameus,

OF

OF what device were you using to power the kanger carts? Are you still testing them?

DubC and I were using his IMR 18350 powered Persei. I've been using a VV head, first at 3.3 Volts, lately at 3.7. Testing for the most part is back on hold again for me, my prior commitments to test the Cera and VB Beta units take priority. I'm still sneaking the odd session in from time to time in the mean time.

OF

OF,

mmenzie

thanks, i'm actually going to do this really soon. i just came back from a LHS and just bought a TI Nail setup but have not much to feed it (still have some of my ABV oil still on the sides of my pan). so i figure if i do what you said and break it open i can:

a) confirm if you and DubC are correct in your thinking

and

b) if do get some oil back out of the cart.. i can feed it to my new nail and try it out :)

so i ended up "cutting" the cart with tin snips (bye bye that $12.00) and i could see the oil coating the sides of the cart but did not see too much at the bottom. i did get some of the abv oil out to do one dab on the nail.

now onto the new questions... i still have one more omicron 2.4 cart left and i have someone that is getting some quality wax. i am getting 1 gram of it. since i am spending good money on something that is almost never around so i am scared to waste it. i plan on cutting the gram in half and using half on my new nail. the other half i would like to try in this last omi cart i have. considering my bad luck so far you can understand i am nervous. so is .5 gram of wax ok to load in this cart?? will it work?? since i am new how many hits do you think i can get?? (i know that last question is really open to the individual). i really would love for this to work right

mmenzie,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
The wax should work fine. I think optimal miniumum fill size is about. .6 (correct me if i am wrong OF lol). As for number of hits thats a hard one to nail down but ime i get aprox 125 or so to a half gram with wax/shatter. Although i may be running more wattage (not sure my ego cartomizer is unmarked thinking its 1.5 or 2.4 i should post a pic to try and figure out what it is, it works great with viscous oils imo just no draw tube that runs up the center so your oil needs to be cleared from the air path before almost every hit but you just tap the button for a sec and draw but easy to load... any hoo) the twist goes up to 4.4v right? So 3.7 is about 5.7w and 4.4 is about 8w

Puffers,

OF

The wax should work fine. I think optimal miniumum fill size is about. .6 (correct me if i am wrong OF lol). As for number of hits thats a hard one to nail down but ime i get aprox 125 or so to a half gram with wax/shatter.

Hey, I'd have said .5 is 'about right', I'm sure not gonna call an hombre a liar for .1 gram.....

I would not advise loading any more than that in a new cart if you want to avoid leaks. A full gram seems an open invitation sometimes. So, "Ideal load, ideal value cart, great concentrate choice".....go for it.

I think I agree with your hit count as well, perhaps a bit more for me, but I may hit a little easier, it's a big factor of course. But thick oils and waxes are my favorites for sure. Almost never leak (if you don't get carried away), feed well and stay 'clean tasting' (again if you don't hang on the button too much). A real treat IMO. We're blessed to have such stuff at the neighborhood dispensary for mere money.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Puffers

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hey, I'd have said .5 is 'about right', I'm sure not gonna call an hombre a liar for .1 gram.....

I would not advise loading any more than that in a new cart if you want to avoid leaks. A full gram seems an open invitation sometimes. So, "Ideal load, ideal value cart, great concentrate choice".....go for it.

I think I agree with your hit count as well, perhaps a bit more for me, but I may hit a little easier, it's a big factor of course. But thick oils and waxes are my favorites for sure. Almost never leak (if you don't get carried away), feed well and stay 'clean tasting' (again if you don't hang on the button too much). A real treat IMO. We're blessed to have such stuff at the neighborhood dispensary for mere money.

OF

Ya mine might be a bit conservative but then again like i mighta mentioned in the cera thread i tend to chase them clouds around :ko:

Puffers,

whyblameus

DubC and I were using his IMR 18350 powered Persei. I've been using a VV head, first at 3.3 Volts, lately at 3.7. Testing for the most part is back on hold again for me, my prior commitments to test the Cera and VB Beta units take priority. I'm still sneaking the odd session in from time to time in the mean time.

OF

Ok I see.

How has the flavor been for you compared to other carts?

You have a vv head for the persei? Did you make it yourself or are you special and have a test version?

whyblameus,

OF

Ok I see.

How has the flavor been for you compared to other carts?

You have a vv head for the persei? Did you make it yourself or are you special and have a test version?

Flavor was OK as I recall. I have to get back to messing with it again, got a few carts and some oil but a full plate all of a sudden testing other gear I promised to do when it was ready. Always happens at once you know. It may take a while to get to it, but I expect taste to be OK, the problem I was working on was getting consistent hits....aka 'learning curve'?

No, not yet, but I'm on the list. I have several VV 'batteries' for such things, this is one of my favorites for this kind of stuff:
http://www.tropicalvapors.com/L-Rider-Variable-Voltage-E-Cigarette_p_39.html

It's easy to use and has served me well. It's often nice to dial power up or down a bit. I do PG at 3.0 Volts for instance, hard stuff gets more gas. It's also nice to be able to read the actual battery voltage so you know exactly how the charge is going. And, of course, the same power as the batter discharges (until it shuts down, of course).

Anyway, that's what I used.

OF

OF,

whyblameus

I was kinda joking and kinda thought you might actually have one.

I was looking into that same device when I first got the omicron cart but i was on a budget so i got the ego twist.
since getting the kanger I didnt see any need for a more powerful device. Untill now but im not really wanting more volts just able to handle more amps so I can use dual 2ohm carts at around 3.7 volts. Thats even way to much for the l rider to handle. The only vv devices that can handle at least 4 apms for around or under 100$ have pulse width podulation not giving a consistant voltage and I dont want that either. So all thats left is the provari or the darwin and there pretty expencive. Im still on a budget so there out of my range.

I think im going with the bolt by smokteck. It has a 5amp limit.
http://kalamazoovaporshop.com/SmokTech-Bolt-Mod-with-Extender.html
With the extender it can do the same thing as the persei with stacked batteries. So with different batteries you can do either 3.7, 4.8, 6, and 7.4 volts. This seems like a great alternative to the persei for people that cant afford $200+.

Im mostly interested in it for just 3.7 volts right now. But I may get the Hercules cart someday so I like that it has the ability to do 7.4 volts.

whyblameus,

whyblameus

The wax should work fine. I think optimal miniumum fill size is about. .6 (correct me if i am wrong OF lol). As for number of hits thats a hard one to nail down but ime i get aprox 125 or so to a half gram with wax/shatter. Although i may be running more wattage (not sure my ego cartomizer is unmarked thinking its 1.5 or 2.4 i should post a pic to try and figure out what it is, it works great with viscous oils imo just no draw tube that runs up the center so your oil needs to be cleared from the air path before almost every hit but you just tap the button for a sec and draw but easy to load... any hoo) the twist goes up to 4.4v right? So 3.7 is about 5.7w and 4.4 is about 8w

Is this what your cart looks like?
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...t-atomizer-teardown-comparison-egoatties1.jpg

Also a twist goes up to 4.8volts.

whyblameus,

OF

I think im going with the bolt by smokteck.

Your call. A little too primitive for my blood. You might also look into it a bit, IIRC several folks have had problems with them with switch failures and heat?

Also a twist goes up to 4.8volts.

Yes, it does, but only for light loads. Otherwise the power limit kicks in, IIRC 1.5 Ohm loads like Omicron or Revolution/DART stall out about 4.3 or so no matter how high the dial. IIRC NDA is fond of the twist in 'limit mode' this way?

OF

OF,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind

No thanks for the suggestion though. its standard size 510 cart and the cartomizer sits at the very bottom of the cart. I am pretty sure the oil sits on a small deck directly above the cartomizer.

Yes, it does, but only for light loads. Otherwise the power limit kicks in, IIRC 1.5 Ohm loads like Omicron or Revolution/DART stall out about 4.3 or so no matter how high the dial. IIRC NDA is fond of the twist in 'limit mode' this way?

OF

I was gonna say holy crap that thing could kick out persei numbers on a 1.5

Puffers,

whyblameus

I did see the switch and heat problems. Its mostly from the tiny gage wire they use. Its easily takin apart and fixed for cheap. There really only made for 3.7 volts and there is no protection for over powering the switch or battery. So its pretty much user beware hehehe.

I still dont know what I want exactly.

I could just get the higher resistance carts and use my ego twist and save a bunch of money. But I still might top out the power before getting what im looking for.
I just want to be able have the carts I use on the double adapter able to use it on my regular ego too so I dont have to use/load different carts just for the double adapter.

Do you have any recomendations on something that can handle at least 4 amps thats under 100$?

Maybe ill just save my money longer and get a provari, I dont know yet.

whyblameus,
Hi guys i wanted to post these products cause there isnt any info on this site about them.

Here are there sites.
http://eskilletvapor.com/
http://www.shop.essentialoiler.ca/?coupon=TCDABME

Of corse they dont tell you anything about there products.
But the essential oiler does have a tread on another site with some info.
https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=48465

Now im here to tell you the truth about these products.
They are just regular ecigs like most other portable oil vaporizers.
There a passthrough ego battery with a 510 horizontal bottom coil cartomizer with the pollifil filler takin out.

Im not here to bash these companies cause there product works amazingly.
But I think people should be able to know exactly what a product is.

I have a few links and videos to post to show how I came to this conclution and a few review and how to fill vids.

First is a post here on fc were someone was trying to find the e*skillet carts and posted pics of one takin apart.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/help-identify-ego-c-bho-cartridge-for-e-skillet.7052/

And here is a video of someone taking apart a kanger brand 510 horizontal coil cartomizer.
Skip to 14.45 minutes to get to were he takes them apart if you dont care to here his comments on how they work as a ecig.

And heres a few reviews/user vids.

I have used several of the popular oil carts (omicron, ego-w/gpen, and regular ecig attys) and the kanger 510 horizontal coil cartomizer is the best portable cart for flavor and vary large hits in my opinion.
The best part about these carts is they only cost 6.95$ plus shipping for 5.

http://www.litecigusa.net/Kanger_510_Stainless_Horizontal_Coil_Cartomizers_p/510-kanger-carto-ss.htm

Hello, I am the guy that broke apart the e*skillet cart. Thank you for your info, it helps a lot. Every head shop in town sells the e*skillet and charge $20 for extra carts, way too much!!!! The skillet itself is a great vape pen but the ego-c 1000 gives me a much better hit.

farmerlumpy,

mmenzie

Hello, I am the guy that broke apart the e*skillet cart. Thank you for your info, it helps a lot. Every head shop in town sells the e*skillet and charge $20 for extra carts, way too much!!!! The skillet itself is a great vape pen but the ego-c 1000 gives me a much better hit.

i have an EGO-C... what cart do you use with it?

mmenzie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom