Does anyone have a solo 2 as a comparison? Seems like they are very similar vapes and the whole cordless deal is appealing. I could plug in a log vape at work but it would be sketchier

WhyAmIBlitzed,
Reactions: ataxian

hoptimum

It's because of the design of log vapes vs portables like the Solo. Log vapes consist of a stainless steel tubes, heated by house current, that slide sinside a glass stem and sits virtually on top of the herb. Portables like the Solo are powered by batteries and have a glass stem that slides inside a small heated reservoir. It's much less direct and intense. Moreover, because of the design, there's virtually no draw restriction from a log. That's not the case with the Solo.

howie105

So I broke out both the Solo and the E-Nano and ran them side by side using their stems and then both vapes through the same dry glass piece. The Nano has noticeably less drag partially because the Solo seals the air path up tighter in comparison to the Nano. Then there are the screens, the wire screen of the Nano doesn't have as much drag as the Solo glass piece. So I am onboard with hoptimum observation concerning the draw restriction. So after a few stems from both kits I going to take a break and post this.
:mmmm:

Is the solo really conduction? I haven’t heard that anywhere but here. I’ve heard the opposite that it was convection with some conduction. Either way I already have an Evo which is superior to the enano imo and it feels kinda redundant to buy a vape that is basically the same thing without an all glass airpath and nice little baskets. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the enano as well though and considering what I paid for the evo originally I would probably get the enano instead.

howie105

Is the solo really conduction? I haven’t heard that anywhere but here. I’ve heard the opposite that it was convection with some conduction. Either way I already have an Evo which is superior to the enano imo and it feels kinda redundant to buy a vape that is basically the same thing without an all glass airpath and nice little baskets. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the enano as well though and considering what I paid for the evo originally I would probably get the enano instead.

Is the solo "really convection" That depends on who you ask, if memory serves Arizer once claimed it was convection but some of the vid reviewers said hybrid for myself and many other long term users its more of a conduction unit than anything else. Regardless of how it heats its a top notch vape.

Is the solo "really convection" That depends on who you ask, if memory serves Arizer once claimed it was convection but some of the vid reviewers said hybrid for myself and many other long term users its more of a conduction unit than anything else. Regardless of how it heats its a top notch vape.
I appreciate the feedback man. It’s similarly efficient right? Because the IQ I have just hogs bud without a spacer and even with the spacer it’s not too efficient. It’s nice for when I’m out hiking trails but the experience really doesn’t match up to the evo. I have my eyes on a Dynavap as well but my girlfriend thinks I’ll look like a crackhead

WhyAmIBlitzed,
Reactions: ataxian

Mako Kupo

I appreciate the feedback man. It’s similarly efficient right? Because the IQ I have just hogs bud without a spacer and even with the spacer it’s not too efficient. It’s nice for when I’m out hiking trails but the experience really doesn’t match up to the evo. I have my eyes on a Dynavap as well but my girlfriend thinks I’ll look like a crackhead

If you're considering a log and a vapcap at the same time, there is an excellent option out there for you. It comes with both a log and vapcap. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention it because it's kinda promoting? Can anyone let me know please.

If you're considering a log and a vapcap at the same time, there is an excellent option out there for you. It comes with both a log and vapcap. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention it because it's kinda promoting? Can anyone let me know please.

go ahead and tell me I’m curious, message me if necessary. If the solo 2 burns through a lot of weed then maybe it’s not for me. I’ve heard a lot of good things but I don’t know now. Arizer has a BOGO with a free air and I want my brother to start vaping so I thought it was a good fit. You guys have me concerned :/

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

We are expected to keep the discussion focused around the nano on the nano thread. But it's not taboo to mention Ed's TNT woodscents vapes. I don't own one, but it's a log vape that can also accept a dynavap device. They are highly spoken of, but do cost quite a bit. Ed is a great vendor.

go ahead and tell me I’m curious, message me if necessary. If the solo 2 burns through a lot of weed then maybe it’s not for me. I’ve heard a lot of good things but I don’t know now. Arizer has a BOGO with a free air and I want my brother to start vaping so I thought it was a good fit. You guys have me concerned :/

Already having an Evo, you already get most of the benefits of using a desktop. A nano has its own great benefits, but you then have another desktop. In order to take either desktop hiking, you'd need a very long cord.:cool:

So then you might consider what you want in a portable model. Torch powered, battery powered, stealth, battery length, convection, conduction, etc. All those portables you mention have their own threads on the FC.

howie105

Given the difference in load size (.10g Solo versus .07g Nano) and the better buzz I get from the Nano per load I have to go with the Nano for efficiency. However I wouldn't call the Solo inefficient or particularly a weed hog. I am sure there are Solo users who assessment would be just the opposite of mine. As to the Dynavap I started with the glass original and then moved to an "M" both are OK but just not my style, just a bit too much work for a hit. Yes I am that lazy.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
So I ordered 2 gong adapters from epicvape... and got hit with a £13 customs charge... F**k this. It's the last cannabis -related thing I order from a US business. Will only deal with individuals from now on, with direct communication with the person making the stuff, and none of that faceless company nonsense. If they can't send as a gift, I'm not buying...
Customs fees are automated in the shipping software we use. We try to fudge as much as possible. We lower the retail prices of most items so the tax is lower in most cases. A nano kit is reported to customs at $29-39. I'll have Nadia see if we can do better on accessories.
As far as automated emails; yes the first response is automated to acknowledge our receipt of the email, but I assure you Nadia responds personally to all subsequent emails and phone calls. It's funny the different estimates in size people think our operation is;)
Nadia and I are committed to making sure every customer is personally taken care of, but we are far from perfect. Nadia is probably closer. We may be faceless, but I assure you, you are either dealing with the maker (me), or the marketer, Customer service Guru, IT goddess, CMO, etc. (Nadia) If you would like to see a face behind the company, check out #epicnadia or tune into our livestreams coming soon.#epicvape. Maybe tomorrow? Nadia?

CalyxSmokr

I think they are similar in use. Except the Solo takes 10 minutes to extract and enano is on demand and you can take as many or as few hits as you want without heating the whole load. And with the solo I think you have to prepare and grind more.
I would agree with the above (but my experience is with the Air). The Enano is more efficient but the Arizer is no slouch.

someTooL

Hello and greetings. Lots of good reading in past posts.

Curiosity has gotten the best of me with the nano. Trying to use the code for free shipping but not good on kits? Or just wait a little longer for 4/20...

CalyxSmokr

Hello and greetings. Lots of good reading in past posts.

Curiosity has gotten the best of me with the nano. Trying to use the code for free shipping but not good on kits? Or just wait a little longer for 4/20...
there probably will be good deals for 4/20. Either way I think it is best on a waterpiece so order the right size adapters so you are ready to go. If you are buying a waterpiece to go with it I would go 18mm for simplicity sake. But it works fine with 14mm too if that is what you have already/prefer. I am pretty sure the code should work on kits though. I also think going with a nice wood is smart to start. My cherry is great but I see some sweet looking units on here. And get a second cord! Advice I haven't followed yet lol

Top Bottom