pxl_jockey

Just a dude
You guys know that @Oregonglassblower Mister OGB will make whatever you want? I’m getting a few things from him in the near future and a couple of different adapters are on that list. No he isn’t as inexpensive as say, TAG, but his prices are very fair, he shows FC love and his work has a very high bounce factor. Many members have attested their OGB pieces have survived scenarios where other, lesser glass would not. The FC old-timers say it’s the voodoo he performs in the annealing process... idk. :haw:

I’m only speaking for myself but in my admittedly short vape experience, I’ve learned that buying the cheaper stuff isn’t cost effective long term. I’m tired of cheap glass blown wonky that will shatter if you stare it. I’m not saying that there isn’t any high-quality Glass and quartz accessories from China either.
:peace:
Many Chinese manufacturers have the skills to make proper good stuff but too often they’re asked for “rock-bottom dirt cheap” and they’ll produce accordingly. I’m interested in that “higher price for better quality” that’s in the midrange. And dudes like @710Coils are showing it’s possible to find factories to do work to an exacting specification that he can still sell at incredible prices, again with that FC love! And respected members are saying his stuff is equal to the boutique shit selling for 3-4x the dough.
:leaf:
I think there’s plenty enough real estate to drill a hole in the standard adjustable screen gong. You could even fold the sleeve over & double it for more options for hole placement. Use water and go slow. I’ve handled these gongs plenty and the glass doesn’t really get hot at all until the very end. Maybe 1/2 inch, 13mm for the rest of the world :lol:, just where it’s in contact with the heater. I saw instructions for this in another thread, I’ll find it if someone wants to give it a go. I’m thinking of asking for a shorter gong, no silicone, with a small row of bumps or beads to facilitate spinning it in a j-hook. I’m a freak like that. :freak:

EDIT: for clarity :smug:

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
I am on the nano bus this morning and the ride is smooth,potent and tasty as always!
Did I mention flawlessly consistent performance ease of use and aesthetic beauty?

Some body said "while the nano is not the only vape I use every day,it is the only vape I use every day."

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
I made some stem milk, yikes. Desperate times.

But I have some wonderful new CBD Buds, totally legal, less than 0.2% THC and about 5-6% CBD. I've had several of theirs before, but this one is really noiiiiiiiiiiiiiice just look at it
haha
VwZv2Of.jpg

aaaahahahaha
9z9pt3D.jpg

Nano at 5.5 Dry stem is the way to go, and go I must because the timer beckons me to fetch the pizza!
Adios Amigos!

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Nano at 5.5 Dry stem is the way to go, and go I must because the timer beckons me to fetch the pizza!
Our nanos must have come from the same batch - 5.5 is perfect on mine, too (also dry stem). Anything hotter and it approaches combustion. Seems like most in this thread ride in the 6-7-8 range. Weird how they can vary so much.

hafalump

Our nanos must have come from the same batch - 5.5 is perfect on mine, too (also dry stem). Anything hotter and it approaches combustion. Seems like most in this thread ride in the 6-7-8 range. Weird how they can vary so much.
I am around 7 or even 7.5, depending on product. I have old electrical, when I travel I need to go down 1 point. Also ambient temp matters, my old drafty house is a solid 7.5 in the winter.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am rocked tonite. Vaping some Cheese indica topped with a boost through the nano.

The boost is this terp sauce crystal stuff. I picked up a gram of it a few months back. It has very little sauce and is almost all hard crystals, which I understand to be like 95% THC. Now I can't hit this shit straight because :freak: happens. So I scoop up the tiniest dab and drop it on the flower. Just enough to turbo-charge my herb.

The nano usually melts that first, before the herb starts to darken, so you got to take it easy. Otherwise :freak: or worse :goat:

Wildeyedzan

flawlessly consistent performance ease of use and aesthetic beauty?

Some body said "while the nano is not the only vape I use every day,it is the only vape I use every day."
Amen to that :)
Consistency is what nano does best !
Mine has been mostly on ,and occasionally off for the last couple months. Always ready :ko:
Finishing a nightcap off through the devaster clone. Straight to the dome :tinfoil::razz::uhh::uhoh::luv::love:
In that exact order ^^ goodnight family :rockon:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Trying to drill carb holes will have a fairly high failure rate, its not easy even with the proper equipment. As for a carbed gong great idea if i was using a bigger water piece id male myself one. Unfortunately not finantially viable for me to make you guys one but the above suggestion of oraganglassblower seems a good one. Or ultimately whoever makes the production stems for enano should make them. They have the widest market and are already making normal gongs etc.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@davesmith yeah man, the stems and gongs have been machine-made for some time. I have 2 old gongs (one in each size) made by a person and had 2 of the newer versions (both 18.8). The newer ones, at least the ones I got, are not anywhere near as tough as the older human-made ones. Whilst cleaning, one rolled off the table onto a padded floor and shattered like the floor was stone. The oldies have handled way worse.

They were annealed for better strength or something; I’m not sure but it’s easy to visually tell them apart. I wish I had bought more of the people-made ones before the switch happened and why I will have Mike make one for me. But I certainly understand why the decision was made to go with machine-made glass. And I love having multiples of the XL stem for easy rotation and allows me to put off cleaning stems!

davesmith

Glass Blower
@pxl_jockey thanks for that. I havent ordered any stems since i bought my nano so havent seen the newer stems. Id be supprised if theyre machine made probably more likely made in china of cheaper materials and probably not as well. If you producing high numbers it def makes sense just a shame the product has to suffer. If they are mavhine made wow these guys must be sellig a lot of units!! I shouldnt be suplrised really its such a great vape!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@davesmith I wish I had bought more of the people-made ones before the switch happened and why I will have Mike make one for me. But I certainly understand why the decision was made to go with machine-made glass. And I love having multiples of the XL stem for easy rotation and allows me to put off cleaning stems!

@pxl_jockey , if the Oregonglassblower does make you a carbed gong, please let us know how it turns out. Epic has already said that they have no future plans to sell a carbed gong, which is so unfortunate. I believe they would sell like hotcakes.

I like my TAG carbed adapter, but at the time they only had the 14mm size. So for my setup I have my 18mm bubbler, a low profile 14mm reducer, the TAG carbed adapter with the glass key, the epic gong and finally the nano on top. It works and I enjoy it, but it's like a Jenga puzzle that rattles and flops apart whenever you try to adjust it. It looks like a Three Stooges plumbing job. A carbed gong would be so much easier.

who here favors using whole bud in their stems when firing up their Nano's? I lit one up today for the first time with a tiny nug! great unit, glad I found this thread super helpful. round 2 ding ding!

Although I prefer a course grind, a whole nug does work fine. I hit it 2-3 times, then take a flat edged dabber and crumble it into pieces. I then get another 2-3 good hits. The nano penetrates the herb well, but you still get more action when you increase surface area by breaking the nug up near the end, IMHO.

Helios

Experimenting with different screen/heat dial levels and flower amount. Enjoying the ground herb anhydrous with glass, last night had me laughing my ass off how much extraction I got from such a Nano amount. :lol:
Truly Civilized.
( tricky navigating E-Nano in the bedroom at night with only the TV as a light source)

Top Bottom