arb

Semi shaved ape
IMG_20180813_184106.jpg

Something like this?

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Just to add a data point: My unit is a Maple as well, and hasn't cracked. I keep it on 24/7 set at 4.5 on the dial. When I sit for a 5-minute session, I turn it up to 5.5, then finish up at 6 or so. I then turn it back down to 4.5 until I next return to it.

I wonder if we could draw some conclusions if we had good data for a large sampling of units:

Cracked/Not cracked
Setting when idle: 0-11 (0=off)
Average session duration
Peak setting while in use
Length of ownership
Aromatherapy cup in use?

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Mine cracked at pretty much the same place as the photo earlier... I think we can conclude that cutting out the rectangle slot for the power socket weakens the wood sleeve.

Good to know about the clamp and glue fix, thanks! But... wood glue... do you guys think it could release any chemicals with temperature even after it's dry?

Before I got my bubbler I was using the enano with the GonG and an 18mm adapter on top of it.. It was just as cool as using the long stems but easier to handle...

xo2rs7.jpg

That's a random piece from an old whip vape. I also used an 18mm to 14 mm reducer, but the wide bore of this seemed tastier. I just like wide bore.

Last edited:

Wildeyedzan

I'd say for cracking to happen ,depends on the type of wood and the conditions its in. My opinion :)
Guess I run enano a little hotter than most..like to start at 7 and go up to 7.5.
Mainly because I use through water all the time. Cleaned my piece last night and it looks like a great time to have a stem of two ;)
Who wants to join me :science:

Oh wanted to toss this out there before I get 2 sconed...anyone ever make a basket setup that could be used with the enano standing right side up without spilling the material ? @Haze Mister got me thinking after posting that pic..would be a great way to contain herb and could possible work as a way to stir similar to the elev8r ( shake=stir)
Just a rambling thought I had :)

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I have never stirred and always get stuff fully toasted at 5.5. OK, with a deep load there may be 10% still a little green but I just can't be bothered with stirring, I just blow it out and reload. :rockon:No need for a double screen since there is a permanent screen on the heater and any bits that fall onto it are easy to remove, but that doesn't happen often - so long as your herbs are sticky :goon:

I pack mine. Not real tight or anything but enough to stop it from falling out. My E-Nano never leaves the stand. I place the GonG on top of it and my 'elephant' takes it to my bong. If I didn't pack it, the entire load would just fall out when I turn it over to put it on the heater.

I never stir and always have a nice brown load.

I run mine on 6 - 7, closer to 7.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Just to add a data point: My unit is a Maple as well, and hasn't cracked. I keep it on 24/7 set at 4.5 on the dial. When I sit for a 5-minute session, I turn it up to 5.5, then finish up at 6 or so. I then turn it back down to 4.5 until I next return to it.

I wonder if we could draw some conclusions if we had good data for a large sampling of units:

Cracked/Not cracked
Setting when idle: 0-11 (0=off)
Average session duration
Peak setting while in use
Length of ownership
Aromatherapy cup in use?

I got the cherry wood.

-Cracked (recently)
-Idling at either 0 or 5.5, usually 0 with once a week or so left on overnight.
-Sessions last several hours every day:mental:
-Never above 6
-Must be over 2years now.
-Never used aromatherapy cup

I think it's the repeated cooling and heating that cracks the wood but it's also related to treatment. I treated mine only once with oil in these 2 years and that was probably not enough.

Last edited:

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
I think it's the repeated cooling and heating that cracks the wood but it's also related to treatment. I treated mine only once with oil in these 2 years and that was probably not enough.
I had the exact same thought about the heating and cooling. It's probably less likely to crack if it's kept at a constant temp 24/7 while idle, rather than heating from zero every session. I've had mine for ~6 months and have applied butchers wax to it twice in that time.

hopla

Weather a little cooler= E nano tonight.
What a fantastic device: i like to alternate 1 bowl with the long stem, 1 bowl with the bong adapter.
So much taste, so efficient that your material seems to last forever, such big clouds with 0.05/0.1g.
EpicVape has done beautifully with that tiny beast!
Perfect combination of efficiency, richness of flavour, best of both worlds (dry/through water), and it can hit you like a train.
(just make one with European cable, and you should conquer that huge market)

Last edited:

GetLeft

IMG_20180813_112711.jpg

We got this one week ago and this morning we hear a loud pop look over and split all the way through.........sigh.
The dial was set at 6.25 and had been on for several hours already and the unit was just sitting on the coffee table.
Less than thrilled to say the least guess I get to see how epics cs is.
:shrug:

That's bad luck. I had mine for at least a year or so I think before it did the same thing. I didn't send it back for a couple of reasons. First, it's my favorite vaporizer. I could have survived without it but I didn't want to. Second, despite the fact that it's a little work of art, mine is always tucked out of view so no one sees it with or without the crack. I've toyed occasionally with the thought of sending it back and upgrading to a more split-resistant wood. But I like the signature of my maple. I keep the dial in the same spot (with the exception of seasonal weather adjustments) and can count on very consistent performance.

Bazeado

Hi folks,

I have been vaping for longer than i can remember, first using heat guns like the Steinel. Burnt out countless guns, 1 Volcano and am currently using Arizer Tower.... BUT..... a good friend gave me a chance to try the log, i.e. the Enano. I have never seen a more efficient vape and it is pure flower vapor, nothing more, nothing less.

So, i was informed that there was a discount to be found on this forum for using to buy a Enano ?. Can anyone confirm this or am i too late.

Would love to be able to save some money as i am going to have to buy a 110/240v converter to use it.

Sempre, Bazeado.

BTW, I am not in the US or Canada so the code for shipping is not of use to me.

Last edited:

Bazeado

Sneaky17 is good for 10% off. Do for self

Arb, you are a star. Cant wait to get going. Time to sign up at Epic and put in an order for me and some accessories for my friend. Some good info here about voltage converters.

Looking forward to adding content and having a craic.

Arb, Thnx for doing for me, much appreciated. I would normally be all about DIY but i was somewhat lacking in patience after trying this amazing machine, so... again.... Many Thnx.

Bazeado

My bank was just on the phone to make sure the decline wasnt a fraud. They confirmed i have more than enough in my account to cover the order so i guess im going to double check all my info.... for a third time.

Cheers for letting me know the cart is working all the same, arb, Cheers.

Bazeado

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference"

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...... here it comes, here it comes....... here comes my 19th nervous freakout. :p

Ok, cant thank you guys enough. I must have made a mistake at some point :myday: but its alright now, baby its alright now.

:D

Top Bottom