1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Newcastle

Newcastle Stoned!

I liked the old screens better. They look uniform like a bottle cap. The new ones look like they were made from scraps. They have ragged sharp edges. I have both and replace daily.

BigJr48 likes this.
  2. scooterboy

scooterboy Member

Ok, after almost a week with the nano it's question time for you seasoned vets.

1) Let's say the nano is left on 24/7, set to 4.5 on the dial. If I increase it to 5, how quickly does it actually heat up to 5? 10 seconds? 60 seconds? Somewhere between?

2) i tried to determine the lowest dial setting that begins to produce vapor, and it seems to be 4.5 for my unit. Is there any benefit to ever going lower than that if it doesn't produce vapor?

3) I've been starting at 4.5 and hitting that with small sips until I get no more visible vapor. Then I'll increase it .25 at a time up to 6.5 and hit it once or twice at each step, presumably to capture the various cannabinoids that are released at the higher temperatures. I usually see little to no vapor at these higher steps however, so am I getting any benefit from those steps or am I just wasting my time?

Thanks for any insights.

BabyFacedFinster likes this.
  3. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Heat sometimes for me comes down to the cannabis I’m using. If my herb is dry I use a lower heat. Some folks like really high heat and some folks like using the low temps on the dial. It comes down to personal preference. My tempreture is anywhere from 5.75 and 6.50. I don’t stair step temps with my Enano but I do with my Solo 2.

I’m guessing it would take a minute or two to heat up one number of a degree on the dial. I don’t know that for a fact. My Enano is left on 24/7.

Different electrical outlets may give you a slightly higher or lower heat level. Some nanos may vary as well.

I have some Granddaddy Purp in my Enano right now and using temp 6.25. Also using the reg stem. The vapor flavor is awesome. I don’t like harsh vapor, if my vapor is too harsh I turn down the temp. The moisture in your cannabis makes a difference as to your heat.

Edit
    I use my Enano mainly as a session vape. I give my bud a stir about half way through my session, that will freshen the load.:2c:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  4. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

After a while using the long stem:sherlock:, I can say that I prefer this to the short steam; the long stem is more comfortable:rockon:, easier to see the steam:rockon: and I would even say that I have a cooler steam:rockon: ... in general its use is a bit better for my taste :tup:!

[​IMG]

5. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

I need some help from other 220V people here: I had to stop using the e-Nano because the whistling sound of my 220v to 110v converter (100W) is ruining the sensation. It is so loud that my dog leaves the room and it annoys me a lot. It is the second voltage converter that I have owned in my life and the last one (nearly 25 years ago) made the same horrible sounds. Is that normal behaviour or is that a question of price and quality? I spent around 40 Euros (did buy cheap, but not the cheapest one), but also did not want to spend the same amount of cash on a converter, than I did for the vape itself.

Don't get me wrong: I would have no problem with a slight whistle or buzz, but this one is close to unbearable. All the 220v people in the house - which converter do you use? I would love to hear about your recommendations! Thank you very much in advance!

6. Newcastle

Newcastle Stoned!

Okay.....after I got settled in with my Nano I didnt need the forum any more......I thought...:freak:..So glad I am back as I am learning so much more. I didnt know there were two stems. Is the long stem longer than the original? I have two stems but one does not fit right so its never used. :( I also use two stem guards on my stem.....what else did I miss?

7. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

All kinds of shit! We can ramble on for quite a bit, especially when we're :razz:

The long stem is longer than the standard but I don't have one so I can't give you specifics. I'm almost 95% water bubbler. I don't like doing it dry. (For the bastards at the Out of Context thread :goon:). I'm sure someone else with chime in. I don't remember when epic started selling them but it was probably after your last visit.

BTW, checking in with the homegrown. My house Bubba Kush through the nano with the new TAG adapter.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  8. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

my converter barely cost € 15 ( local store ) and if it emits a slight buzz, it took many months to be noticeable ... at first you could not hear anything .. at present with the house in silence and concentrating I perceive that buzz, in realite, I never give account of him.
    I'm going to try to find the image of when I bought my nano -> and when i presumed of silent converter ... ignorant that I went :bang: -> E-Nano from Epicvape

You can see a photo of the visual difference between the short and the long here - >>
    E-Nano from Epicvape

I also received a stem that did not fit and the epic team replaced it with another perfect one in a record time :clap::clap::clap:

9. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Lowered my screens in my gong and one of my stems to hold 2-3 times more than the fixed glass screen position. Do not know why I waited so long to do that. :doh:
    Nearly hurt myself last night with some stuff called Blue Dynamite. :whoa:
    Micro dose, Maxi dose, the Nano says bring it.
    Also like when I wake in the middle of the night and see that little blue glowing led. Beckoning...

Been using my bubbler way more since getting the TAG adaptor. Love it.

10. UnevenPizza

UnevenPizza I dream of Pizza

I hate that damm buzzing..whining..whatever you call it. It is the only downside to nano life.

I got mine for under 50 bucks. I noticed the tone/volume of the whine changes depending on which cables touch (and what they touch, metal seems to cause buzzing...or sound system wires...)

Crazy electricity, make mine a quiet one!
    I can say I need a shab today. Hashdab. With cotton, the nano on 7-8 delivers thick goodness! Inhale as fast and hard as you need. You will succeed.

thankfully the nano gets hot fast, so after 5 minutes or more you can already get really satisfying results - and I can turn off the converter *ahhh* silence.

I mean usually I'm listening to music or something LOUD .
    So it's not a bother - but you know. We hear it.

The nano I trust, the converter..eh...
    I don't think it's possible to "convert" energy in a small & quiet way...but it's worth it for me. I'd go to extreme lengths to use my nano HA HA HA
    :peace:

11. Qwin8

Qwin8 Vaporist

Accidentally caved in the screen above the heater in my E-nano
    how am I going to get a screen in without destroying my E-nano or sending it in and being without it for a couple days
    Dynavap CCD hack/repair [​IMG] to the rescue
    we are back to vapin

12. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

@Qwin8 Nice one! Excellent hack, and justification for owning many vaporizers. Top marks for you! :tup:

So glad I got lucky on the converter lottery, mine buzzed quietly at first and settled down to almost silent. Maybe that happened when I put it in its own plug? Too scared to move it now, it might start screaming! I got mine for ~£10 but I would've happily paid more for guaranteed silence. Nobody makes one?!

@SloJimFizz The bridge adapter I got from vapefiend is no more. :rip: Initially I thought it was quality. But after it broke it was easy to see many areas where the glass was paperthin. I guess I'm glad I got it cheap! Now I'm thinking more about going with your TAG adapter. I really like the design of the bridge adapter, but I will go with OGB or possibly planetvape, if it's quality glass. I know Mike uses good quality raw glass and his stuff is remarkably tough. But I can't recommend vapefiend's version at any price.

@Whissmu so happy to see you survived Spannabis and can still type! Looked like a blast my friend!

Hjalmark, UnevenPizza, Summer and 3 others like this.
  13. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Quick thinking!!!

Hjalmark, UnevenPizza, Summer and 3 others like this.
  14. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

Does it click?

Dynavaper, BigJr48, Summer and 6 others like this.
  15. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

I have one on for at least 1 year during last three years

Is a cheap anonymous one from amazon, no more sold
    It is a 150w though, maybe this is the difference or i got lucky

Edit: sorry too up :) I want to say my step down converter is silent and only slightly warm

16. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Hey buddy, I've been told they all do it, but I don't believe that. My first one was horrible and after bitching to ebay, the seller sent a new one. Much better, and it seems like it got quieter over time. For 40€ I would take it back and get a cheaper one online, yours sounds like it's unreasonably loud. If you can't be in the same room, it's unusable imo. Remember, the Nano only pulls about 20-25W so even doubling that for redundancy, you just need a little 45-50W converter. Good luck because I hate you're not able to use it!

Dynavaper, Hjalmark, BigJr48 and 5 others like this.
  17. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

He says, as the TV blasts louder by the day and the doorbell strangely doesn't make a noise anymore, even when all the (mute) people come calling and just stand their miming like idiots.:rofl:

Sorry buddy, couldn't resist. Hope you are doing alright in your neck of UK. Just prepping for my evening vapor load up before dinner- gonna be boiled broccoli, tinned tuna warmed with coconut oil, oregano, garlic and spices, with roasted pecan nuts, black olives and olive oil, plus 5 grams of my new Redmond salt to sprinkle on.

Yum can't wait!:drool:

18. nadia_epic

nadia_epic EpicVape Team Company Rep

Currently the E-Nano is not in any shop in Europe. We do ship but definitely email me with questions, unless you already have as I've been fielding international shipping questions for the past couple of days.

Oh the wonders of our website. We're (still) making changes to the product pages to allow for some nifty new product variations soon. In doing the customization we have lost a little functionality. I promise to bump the the "out of stock" status up on my list. I understand how frustrating it can be to settle on a product just to have to start the process all over.

In other news...

Warranty - We have a lot of our newer E-Nano's reaching their 3 year Warranty limit. If you are one of our original E-Nano users with a life-time warranty please please please find your original order emails and/or order # and save a copy. This will help speed things up in the event you every need to send back in your unit. Anyone purchasing a secondhand E-Nano or reaching the end of their warranty should consider purchasing the Warranty Add-on as warranties are non-transferable. This add-on is also used to upgrade to the removable cord if you have the original non-removable style E-Nano. We're not out for more money, this is solely to offset the cost of shipping, parts, and labor associated with a repair or upgrade.

Free Store Credit - Ace of Vape and I LOVE reading all of the reviews and advice posted on here and we think the world would to, so much so that we've started offering store credit for reviews. All you need to do is log into your account and leave a review on any product you have purchased. Once the review is accepted you will receive an email with a store credit code. If you have any issues at all please feel free to email me.

Grinders, that's right we're finally offering them! - Soon you will all be receiving an email with the news but you all deserve to get a jump on the information. We now have Phoenician 2 & 4 piece grinders in stock. It's our goal to have a few more products that we love available on the website so stay tuned for more.

420 Sale - Every year I start to get emails around this time asking if we will be having a sale. And every year we wait until the very last minute to decide what will be included. I can't tell you much has changed this year as we're still deciding but I can tell you that the sale will hit Instagram first so if you use it definitely follow us @epicvape once it is posted it will make the rounds on social media, forums and the website.

As always you are all very much appreciated and NEVER far from our thoughts. Seriously, FC comes up more in our daily conversations than anything else. Well maybe not more than how frustrated we are with the new international shipping fees, but it's a very close second. Nonetheless, thanks for keeping thread active and growing!

Have an Epic day!
    Nadia
    customerservice@epicvape.com

19. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

20. Alexis

And don't forget this one too guys n' girls:
    https://m.dhgate.com/product/18-18m.../408713325.html#mvdpd-5-9|null:01:r1224491545
    Similar to the Tag one. Except I just checked and the tag adapter would cost me $23 shipped to the UK and the DHgate one would be $16.50 so it would probably be worth paying the little extra and definitely for you folks in the States.
    I also picked up the fridge adaptor from Vapefiend for £8 before stock ran out it has held up ok so far I see they have new stock coming soon but it is listed at £18 now.

jimsmith90210 likes this.
  21. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Alexis, popular glass is stevenlmz79 so I'd be reticent as it may be the same thinness as the one I broke.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Alexis likes this.
  22. Alexis

My thoughts as well, although I see a number of Herbo Ti users happy with them so far, and thet work with a basket screen as a microbowl too.
    Fingers crossed for the new Flowerpot glass bowls they are in the process of producing currently though!:ugh:

23. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

My TAG adaptor is pretty thick ass glass throughout.
    My carb plug of my adaptor survived a fall to my tile floor last night doing some bubbler cleaning. Started my iso shake with the carb plug in....saw it fly out behind me as time slowed...closed my eyes waiting for the explosive kaboom. One ~ping~ and that was it.Took twenty minutes and two Nano stems using my finger to carb the adaptor to find the thing. Lucky for me it hit the tile once, then bounced into a crevice of my dogs bed. Not sure it would have survived skipping across the tile at the velocity it shot out at.
    I've probably jinxed myself now by sharing and more glass may be in jeopardy. :uhoh:

24. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

Thank you all for your help concerning the 220V to 110V converter.
    I have just received this little monster from our company's production site and will try that... It's a bit like firing a cannon just to hit a mosquito, but if it does the job, then I don't care. It's sitting under the desk anyway. But it feels a bit strange working with a converter 6-times the size of the e-Nano itself... ;)

[​IMG]

25. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Good for you. You got lucky. Although the quality glass probably has something to do with it too. I have been happy with the pieces I've ordered from dhgate but you can notice a difference in thickness and quality. I usually order from dhgate when I can't find a piece in the US for a reasonable price. If given the option I would spend a few dollars more and order from places like TAG and dankstop. Not only are you going to get thicker boro glass but it arrives much quicker. TAG had that adapter to my house in 4 days.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors