1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

1. jimsmith90210

jimsmith90210 Member

I tried the organic cotton + wax combo the other evening through my d020 and it was VERY smooth. Thanks for the help guys!

Maybe I'm late to the party or maybe I'm a crazy person, but has anyone used something like the 7th floor flavordisc with the Nano? The small size from 7th floor looks to be around 1mm larger than the GonG for the Nano.

Could I order those and slightly modify them to make them fit?

Is this a bad idea?

Is the cotton just as good, if not better?

2. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

...the 7th floor flavour disk is much larger than what can fit into the nano, not sure if you could cut/shave the flavour disk to the right diameter??

...i believe the best option for concentrates in the nano is cotton or hemp fiber.... or the obvious herb bed :D

...i've smushed a S&B concentrate pad to use in nano gong but hemp/cotton is much better and EASIER to work with and replace...

3. jimsmith90210

jimsmith90210 Member

They offer the flavordisc in a few sizes, the smallest is about 1.5mm larger than the Nano's stems/GonGs

Thanks for your opinion, maybe cotton is the way to go!

ACE OF VAPE and ataxian like this.
  4. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

A long stem and a J hook are both nice pieces to have. Which is better is based on preference. However, one day might feel like a J hook day while another day you'll think of that long stem and wish you had bought one (like me). Which ever you get, you'll probably end up getting the other when GAS sets in.

I will say that my preference is for the adjustable model for both stems and gongs. To me the adjustable gives you more variety of bowl size. I know there are many people who prefer the glass screen. They could tell you the benefits more than I can. You can add a metal screen on top to reduce getting bits and pieces in your mouth. Regardless you will need to deal with screens. Even a J hook usually has a gong or is attached to a bubbler that may have its own screen.
    Plus, the adjustable is cheaper.

@howie105 God damn that is one hell of a bowl dude. :wave:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  5. jimsmith90210

jimsmith90210 Member

What do you call the guy in the bong mouth piece?

[​IMG]

My Nano with my new TAG adapter, and a GonG with some Super Green Crack.

The TAG adapter is so far so AWESOME. Shout out to SloJimFizz!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2018
    ACE OF VAPE, Whissmu, ataxian and 6 others like this.
  6. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

I just got one of those TAG adapter's also. I love pulling out that 10mm glass key to clear the hit. It feels so aristocratic. :sherlock:

Whissmu, CarolKing, ataxian and 4 others like this.
  7. Deano420

Deano420 Member

Hey guys and gals i've had my e nano for a few months now and really love it.I have only used it with the glass stems with the movable screens and just wanted to post an observation i had.I dont know if anyone else has notice this,looking at the posts here and not seeing any mention wanted to give a heads up.I was cleaning my stem the other day and noticed when i put the screen back in a very tiny piece of the frayed wire from the edge of the screen broke off and was on the inside glass on the end you would inhale on.It was so tiny that most wouldnt notice it but you would inhale it if you used the stem.This worried me and i want people who vape with the dry stems to be aware that this happens and the wire is so small that if you dont check you stem you very well could inhale one of those frayed strands and not realize it.I love my e nano,but using it with the movable dry stems i think im done with.Has anyone else encountered this?Seem like it can happen pretty easily with the edges of the screens.I think i will use the fixed stems,without screens, and invest in a water piece for filtering.I'm really interested in peoples thoughts and observations.

ACE OF VAPE, Yoduh, CarolKing and 3 others like this.
  8. Newcastle

Newcastle Stoned!

Straight stem every day for me now. I will keep an eye out for this but it won't change my method. The draw is restricted enough that you would probably catch it in your mouth rather than inhale it....:2c:

9. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Its never been a concern of mine but to be safe I ran through my collection of stems, screened adapters and loose backup screens (9 screens total) and none of them looked like they were or had lost any pieces of wire except for maybe one I was using as a reducer in an ELB for my LSV. Don't know that for sure that but I will keep my eyes open, thanks for the heads up.

10. Deano420

Deano420 Member

Your probably right,but wanted to make people aware since the strands can be very tiny and easily missed if your not aware it can happen.I think im going to try using a bong with it to see if i like it.Not really a fan of the fixed stems as you tend to pull a little into your mouth from time to time,more if you grind finer.

CarolKing, Summer, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  11. hd_rider

hd_rider Well-Known Member

Well, my original eNano purchased back in May of 2015 has failed. I noticed a couple of days ago that the cord would separate from the eNano much more easily than it did in the past. I chalked that up to wear and tear and didn't think much of it. That is, until I took a closer look at the connector on the eNano. The electrical connector itself has cracked and pieces are gone, allowing the lower pin to float about freely.

Here are a couple of pics at slightly different angles:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess it's a good thing I have a spare eNano to bring out of storage while I wait to get a replacement on this one.

12. Deano420

Deano420 Member

The older the screen is the better the chance that this could happen.When this happen to me the screen was about two months old and had been cleaned and put back into the stem mabye 4 times so the edges were more frayed than a brand new screen.Probably should replace them sooner as the more you take them out to clean the more fraying you'll get and the better chance that you might get a stray wire in your vapor path.

13. Newcastle

Newcastle Stoned!

@Deano420 as your stem gets a nice coating of sticky goodness the particles will stop reaching your mouth. The screen will stay put better also. I rarely get anything in my mouth but it doesn't bother me if I do. Either spit or chew! :lol: I thought the stem was cumbersome as well when I first got mine. I used a bubbler D20 for probably a year. I don't know why I tried the stem again but it was a game changer for me. I never use the bubbler anymore and feel that I get a much better result with the stem. I call it my glass blunt!

14. Deano420

Deano420 Member

I'll still use the stem as that's the way i really enjoy the e nano,but will replace the screens more often.When the wire bit happened to me i had just cleaned the stem and screen in iso and put the screen back in.Since the glass was clean i could see the tiny silver wire strand stuck to the glass a little above the basket in the vapor path.If it was dirty i would not have noticed,so just wanted to make people aware since i dont see anybody else posting this happening to them.

15. Newcastle

Newcastle Stoned!

I think I cleaned my stem once. As soon as it was used it went back to the way it looked. I just heat it by giving a good draw empty and push the stem out. It comes out easier warm. It will scrape out most of the debri and like I said it holds the screen better.

ataxian likes this.
  16. UnevenPizza

UnevenPizza I dream of Pizza

I only swap the screeens sometimes & shake in ISO.

The stems are for Milk :mmmm:, when I get desperate or am sick (and don't want to stress my respiratory system)

Whissmu, howie105 and CarolKing like this.
  17. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I also like just using the nano with the stem but I clean mine often and clean the screen at the same time with 99% ISO. I just pour the ISO in the stem and shake it and repeat another time, then I rinse with hot water. A clean stem gives off better vapor flavor IMO. Whatever way works for you - that’s the right way.:tup:

It’s always good to have a back up nano - when “oh shit”:rant: happens.:2c::leaf:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  18. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

** Just one more @CarolKing vape tip that I'm just now discovering is good advice! **
    My 3rd?(who knows?)-hand Nano is acting up and requires more opening up. The wires are so old they're brittle! Guess I really need to buy a new Nano, so I can send Ol' Red in for an overhaul but I definitely want him back, dents and all. I always want to have at least one Nano in my arsenal for sure.

IME, only soaking & rinsing my screens extends their life, maybe I use a dry toothbrush. Not my toothbrush of course, my wife's. I also find they retain their shape better. However I used to see more fraying and breakage of individual wires when I torched them. As always, others may have different experiences.

19. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Yes indeed it does. Hardly anything better for tasting a new strain/purchase than a clean Nano.

20. Deano420

Deano420 Member

I agree,i love to try new strains to see how they taste through the Nano.

ACE OF VAPE likes this.
  21. Newcastle

Newcastle Stoned!

I soak my screens in Iso and give them a good shake. I rinse them with tap water and they are good to go. I swap them every day or they get fouled and will cause it to almost combust. I am an all day user so cleaning the stem is short lived. The next day it will be golden again.

A paminto jar or baby food size jar works great.

ACE OF VAPE, CarolKing and Summer like this.
  22. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

I'm obliged to use my nano as discretely as possible so I don't use all the bells and whistles that I see on this thread. Just the standard stem with adjustable screens. Simple magic.

I picked up a couple of bubblers when I first picked up my nano and had fun pulling them out when I had the opportunity but it's been a while 'casue I'm too lazy to have to be pulling the stuff out then putting it back then pulling it out then putting it back. So I appreciate seeing all the pics of the nice set ups you all throw toogether. That TAG adapter is looking absolutely ideal for the nano.

My nano split way back but works like a champ so I haven't parted with it. I'm thinking about cutting a small notch into the top and another into the bottom to anchor knots on each end then wrapping it up in a yarn.

[​IMG]

23. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

I also happened to me, from the edges of the basket sometimes a piece is detached, in my opinion depends on two factors:

1.- bad manipulation of the basket when removing and placing
    2.- a very used and old basket starts to deform and later to deteriorate

As you see both factors are linked!

respecting these two factor, I have not had this problem again

I love the clean stems so I clean my glass often, I usually use a Chinese toothpick to take the basket from the nearest end, leaving this immersed in iso, then I filled the stem with iso covering one end, empty, I pass a paper with the Chinese stick dragging everything, then rinse with water.
    Take the basket immersed in iso and rinse it with water, dry everything and ready to new, I take 5min, and carefully nothing breaks and everything lasts a long, long time

If you want I can take a pictures where it is clear my cleaning mode

ACE OF VAPE likes this.
  24. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the nano with my precision hydrabomb hyratube tonight. :D

I only hope my wood never splits or my body outlet never breaks. :(

ACE OF VAPE and UnevenPizza like this.
  25. Deano420

Deano420 Member

Sounds like a good cleaning method,i'll try this.I do think part of the problem is like you said with the "removing and placing" the edges of the screens get worse the more it done.Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice on this matter lots of good input.

BigJr48 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors