1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

1. murphem

murphem Alleged Philosopher

@BigJr48 @Hjalmark

Thanks, y'all! This is reassuring on both counts. I'm just bummed I haven't been able to use my Nano yet, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

2. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

no problem, I owned a Enano for 3-4 years now and hanged around this site ... this can be expected but people so used to having problem with their electronics made by multi-million dollar companies

not tiny vape companies :D

though there are horror stories with vapes companies and customer service also but not seen it happen here

3. 360

360 I like to do all of the things.

Hi all,
    So I used to smoke spliffs for years until about 2 months ago when I quit smoking everything. Then over the holidays, I finally decided that the only way I'd go back is to vape. After looking around for the ideal vape, I found this forum and finally came down to selecting the e-nano primarily due to so many touting its flavorful and milky smoke, plus the efficiency in maximizing very small amounts at a time.

So, one thing I liked about spliffs were that the tobacco/flower mix allowed me to have a leisurely smoke without getting too blasted (or using too much flower per session). Would you say that the way to come closest to that type of leisurely smoke would be to vape with a loosely packed stem at low heat? My preference is many puffs per session over few massive bong-like hits.

While I'm waiting for my nano to arrive (or even hear back from them...it's been a week!), I figured I could at least get some tips or see if it's even possible to come close to my desired style of vaping. I actually attempted to start at the beginning of this thread to find out info (and have found lots of useful info), but it'll take ages to sort through it all, so I figured I'd ask my specific question.

Thanks!

4. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

@360 welcome to the forum, the E-Nano is a great vaporizer. The sessions you're looking for is based on what number you set the dial and the size of your bowl by adjusting the screen in the stem.

5. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

@360 I use my Enano as a session vaporizer while others use theirs as a big 1 or 2 heavy hitter. It’s very easy to adjust the screen. The factory set screen is pretty right on though. In the beginning just practice with the amount of weed in the oven and tempretures. I would start off at temp 6 and move up or down your dial depending on what works well for you. Different electrical outlets vary too.

This unit will allow you to enjoy the various flavors in your weed. When you combusted all you experienced was smoke. This will give you thick flavorful vapor depending on your bud. I love a berry flavor like in GrapeApe or citrus taste like in Agent Orange.

Welcome to the fun and info.

Edit
    Right now I have some very tasty shatter sandwiched between Gorilla Glue #4. Using my Walnut Enano - temp 6.5. I usually don’t go over 6.75. With strictly flowers I’m not over temp 6.5 for the most part. This is what I do: If my vapor is too harsh I turn the heat down. If I’m not getting enough vapor flavor I turn the temp up.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  6. 360

@BigJr48 Thanks! :) ha, yeah, that much I did gather from my perusing. I think I have a decent grasp on most of the variables at play, was just curious about what specifically works for folks to get the longer sessions so that I can come closest to my prior spliffing.

@CarolKing Thanks, I'm always glad to hear about more folk's experiences using it as a session vaper! Before, I was seeing a lot of people's descriptions of the quality of the flavor and density, but most people's vape style seemed more akin to bongs..which is cool...but I haven't used my bongs in years because I don't like the hit it and quit it approach. (although I DID still order a GonG adapter just to try out my old bongs and bubblers with this)

Thanks for your responses! (finally got my shipping notice, so I'm getting excited! ha)

7. CarolKing

My sessions are usually anywhere from 10 to 15 min. I like to relax and enjoy the experience. I’m with you @360 a one or two hitter isn’t enough. I like the act of vaporizing as well as the effects. I use cannabis for medical and as recreational. The nano gives me the great flavor along with a very good medicating tool.

Probably keeping your heat down with a session. A one or two hitter your heat would be higher with less weed. Some folks like to bring the screen up higher. I keep mine at the level that the factory stems have their screens set. There is the epic tool to help you with the amount of cannabis. If you use too much weed in the oven you will get a restricted draw because the bud is butted up against the heater. The bud in the oven shouldn’t be packed tight. That will give a restricted draw as well. The nano requires a loose pack.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

[​IMG]
    NANO is practical!

9. 360

How much are you usually using in a 10-15 minute session? And I'm assuming that's from multiple packings?

ataxian and GetLeft like this.
  10. hd_rider

hd_rider Well-Known Member

Like @CarolKing , I'm a session vaper. I enjoy the act of vaping and tasting my flowers almost as much as the after-effects.

One stem with the metal screen set at the recommended depth usually last me about 15 minutes which consists of maybe 5 to 7 good draws (depending on how fine the flower has been ground).

UnevenPizza, 360, TeeJay1952 and 6 others like this.
  11. CarolKing

I use about 1/10 of a gram of a load size of flowers in the oven, that will last me for the entire session. It would depend on how big your draw is and your heat isn’t too hot. The Enano doesn’t need a lot to get the job done.:tup::2c:

Edit
    For me about 10 -12 draws. I don’t have huuuuge lung capacity.
    I give mine a stir about half way through and sometimeS a second time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    360, AhBeVapin, BigJr48 and 5 others like this.
  12. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Welcome @360 and nice job at trying to get through a bunch of the thread. At this point that would be a daunting task. Please note that when you click the "Plug In" section of the site, at the very top of the page is a category called the "Best Of". In there is a "best of" thread for the nano which covers some great info.

Also, a great move picking up a gong for your bubblers. I prefer the smoothness of going through water, but will use the stem in a pinch also.

A stem or J hook I believe favors a slower paced session where you can take small sips off the glass and spread out the experience. When I use a bubbler I take average sized hits, and like @hd_rider, usually get around 5 decent hits. I take a little break between each hit, drink some water (not the bong water :brow:) and give it a stir sometimes. This slow method is my usual session, others like to sip their meds slowly, and then there are the lung-busters too. That's what makes the world go round, and the nano can do it all.

Be sure to let us know when you get it. Give it a good 20 min warm up before you start, then have at it.

ACE OF VAPE, 360, AhBeVapin and 7 others like this.
  13. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

I put a decent sized pinch into the stem at standard screen placement, give it a gentle tamp, and do a hit. One nice draw can over-do me. But the flavor is so good that sometimes it's hard to pull away.

I know that our reasons for using the nano are all different, and that no one size fits all, but I am always in awe of the many users who can handle sessions with the nano.

For me, a 'rec (but not really)' user, one solid hit on the nano pretty much takes care of me. I'll put in a pinch, hit it once moderately, then go back at some point later for a second moderate go. I'll give a final go at a later time if the thought occurs to me but that third hit is unusual. Two hits on the nano, strategically placed between the end of work and bedtime, and I tend to be ok. That's not 'lightly buzzed.' That's 'ok.'

I know that the Nano Beast can easily pull more out of the pinch that I put in, but I get so well taken care of with so little material that I can't begrudge a fresh pinch at the start of the next day's session.

:leaf:

SloJimFizz, 360, ataxian and 6 others like this.
  14. CarolKing

That’s one of the reasons many of us like the Enano so much. It can be used many ways. Each of us can use it to fit our own individual needs.

This vaporizer doesn’t use a lot of product so you save money from the get go, if you’ve had a unit with a large oven. If you’ve come from combustion the amount you save could be more.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    360, ataxian, ArthurJ and 4 others like this.
  15. BabyFacedFinster

I often find that I will reach my "limit" mid bowl during a session. I will leave the herb in the gong and go back to it the next day. IDK if that is bad or not, but the herb is pretty dry and is quickly used up when I hit it with the nano. Usually only a hit or two left in it. I don't have the heart to dump a half spent bowl and I don't generally save ABV.

16. BigJr48

I vape the same, after getting where I need to be with 2 to 3 nice hits at 5 1/2 I'm good. I'm a flavor chaser, so I just dump out the abv cause it doesn't taste the same.

17. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Been loving my Nano dry this week, we had to spend some time apart and I appreciate it even more now. Short (reg) stem, XL stem, J-hook? Check, check, and check!
    Blast off! Sometimes my Nano really does makes me see stars!

Picking this little muther up was a solid vapor decision. Hello to the new owners, WELL DONE!
    I'm not smart enough to find it myself. @CarolKing and @ataxian led me here & sold me.

Still amazed how versatile this diminutive device is. Sometimes I just play around, loading stupidly tiny amounts just to see what the Nano does with it. It just works, it's beautiful in its analog simplicity. I appreciate its warmth in my arthritic hand, lol! Give it some beeswax and spend some time every so often rubbing it in and buffing the wood, I think they all turn more rich with love regardless of the species.

So it's fucking Friday night where I am, I raise my Nano to you all! Enjoy yourselves! :wave:

18. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

420 FRIDAY CALIFORNIA WINE (CENTRAL COAST) & BLUEBERRY MUFFIN COLAS (FLOWER TOP'S)

LIFE WORTH LIVING

NANO WET or DRY = WILL DEVESTATE

FLAVOR + SAVORY + MAX FLIGHT = CIVILIZED

HAPPY 420 EVERYONE!

@carol the NANO is the size my wife likes! (she has never had CANNABIS?)

19. 360

That's good to hear. Yeah, I was thinking of starting off with .05G sessions and seeing what I can get from that. It's funny because in a way, I was always a microdoser because my spliffs usually only had between .05-.1 sprinkled into tobacco. So switching to vaping, while I may not save as much as some do weed-wise, I still will save myself lung health-wise. (which is more important anyway)

But we'll see. Maybe the effects (and lack of tobacco urge) will lead to fewer sessions in a day than when I spliffed. So I still may save yet.

Thanks for the tip on the "Best of" section! Didn't know about that one so I went and checked it out.

Yeah, I figured I'd probably mostly use dry stems cuz they'd be closest to my former smoking preferences, but figured it could be fun to have the alternatives since I've had the bubblers lying around unused for years and it could give new (if only occasional) life to them. For the dry stems, I got the long ones though, because I heard they keep it a bit cooler and smoother. But I've also heard of some using the gongs direct to mouth for intentionally harsher hits (although I could see that getting hot). So I figured it'd be fun experimenting with it all rather than pay for additional shipping and play the waiting for delivery game later in the future.

The only thing I thought about picking up but didn't was the little stand for everything (mostly because they only had plastic and not the wood ones in stock). But I'm thinking I may try to design and 3D print my own "fancier" one once I get everything.

Supposed to arrive today (dammit, don't fail me USPS! haha) Hopefully earlier in the day rather than later since I have evening plans and wanna try it out before that.

20. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Welcome @360
    Nothing like new vape day, and you have an awesome one on route. One of those long stems is on my radar for sure.
    The aluminum stand they sell is pretty sweet and holds everything together nicely.
    All this concentrate talk had me break out my dedicated stem last night. A little ball of Skywalker upon a bed of GSC, crank the nano to 7.23333 =

[​IMG]
    Civilized, well, as civilized as one can feel looking like Jim rolling into Aspen (Estes Park)

21. BabyFacedFinster

The only other thing you might be buying in the future are extra basket screens. Epic sells them for about $5 for 5. In the future, if you use the "fclove" code you'll get free shipping.
    It takes a while for me to use one up. I usually blow torch them clean and shove em back in. Occasionally you need to play with one to get it "rounded" correctly again so it sits snug in the glass. Eventually they get all burnt and cattywampus and that's when I finally put a new one in.

BigJr48, CarolKing, 360 and 2 others like this.
  22. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

You say something so true:

The NANO will F^CK you silly!

And I'm MEDICATED beyond reason!

Don't judge me?

UFO water rig + BLUEBERRY MUFFIN + 6.457389716345 = NANO = CIVILIZED

23. 360

USPS failed me. :( Still showing expected by January 13th by 8PM (and it's 11:55 where I am). Was hoping to have some weekend time with it, but looks like my journey won't begin until Monday after work. If nothing else, this has shown me my new-found weed-willpower. Because I've had herbs for over 2 weeks now in anticipation and haven't touched them....old me would've burned them day of. These ongoing delays have really been trying to test me at times. haha. but I haven't smoked since November, sooo I can wait a few more days.

24. 360

Ohh, didn't realize that was aluminum. For some reason I saw the wood and saw the other and assumed it was plastic and didn't look deeper because I liked the look of the wood so much better didn't give the other a chance. Looking at it further, I think gunmetal aluminum probably wouldn't be too bad. But I still may just try to print something.

25. BigJr48

Today is a holiday, hopefully your journey begins tomorrow night....

360 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors