1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Then you don't need to have any worry

Could as well that Andy is on holiday, think it's like 2 people company?

2. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Andy will hit you back, I promise. Occasionally someone will come here, absolutely tripping because they've not heard back from EpicVape. Had one not long ago. So that's why those of us who love 'em (sounds like you're one as well) are a bit protective. They're not big, Andy wears a lot of hats and like any small shop, it doesn't take much to create a backlog. I believe @nadia_epic is doing the webby stuff & CS, she might be another resource to your problem.

My main reason in posting was to explain maybe why you got a weird vibe. You don't seem to be anything other than rational, kind and thoughtful. Your request is a reasonable one, so I'm sure it will be resolved to your satisfaction. It sucks that you have been struck by lightning twice, so to speak. I've literally read this whole thread and there aren't many instances of crackage, especially considering how long the current iteration has been in the wild, but I know it does occasionally happen. But you seem to be a cool cat, which begs the question: experienced Epic-loving vaporist, 39 posts? Seriously, 39? Did someone fart when you first came in? Chances are they've left, so give us another try! Please let us know when you get sorted and how you felt about the experience in hindsight.

After this long, rambling post, I feel you deserve direct answers to your questions. No, not typical at all for Epic to take weeks to reply. No, Maple isn't more prone to cracking than other species. All species offered by Epic are known to be among the most stable AFAIK. Wow, look at all my bullshit just to get 2 answers. No wonder you don't post more often! I'm sorry @cloudblower be my friend and like me?!

3. Pfennz

Pfennz Member

Is anyone aware of a place to get custom stems? I’d be looking for an all glass stem, just slightly longer than the standard (like the long stem they offer but with a glass screen instead).

Thanks!

4. throwawaytre3s

throwawaytre3s Well-Known Member

Yes, there's a fellow named JoDa on the forums here who makes custom glass e-nano stems.

5. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

What throwawaytre3s said and you might talk with the Oregonglassblower http://www.oregonglassblower.com/ his work is top shelf but very utilitarian.

6. cloudblower

cloudblower Well-Known Member

I love my joda stems. He made me a custom blue ring octopus that makes me giggle daily with joy at its beauty. I have several other of his pieces that get the job done with style.

Just to let y'all know, Andy got back to me yesterday and offered to repair it for FREE. What an upright dude. I'm going to upgrade for the price difference to a more exotic nano though.

Andy and Nadia run a great business (as we all know). Thank you to both of them for their kindness.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to his website or where I can DM him?

Hjalmark likes this.
  8. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:17 AM
  9. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

pxl_jockey and Hjalmark like this.
  10. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Got my nano back after warranty repair

Can testify turnaround was fast and easy

Shipped from Eu, repaired and shipped back in around 3weeks total

I payed shipping to them in exchange for shop credit, they payed ship to me

New shiny heater, wonderful performances as always, and very happy customer here! It cured a beginning of VAS even if it is 3yrs old already

I think enano is enough big hitter for my use, no need to go bigger in the end

BigJr48, SloJimFizz, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  11. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I love the NANO!

SERVICE from EPIC is EPIC!

EXCUSE ME while I VAPORIZE in search of being CIVILIZED

LOST my camera a few daz's ago!
    (PHANTOM COOKIES, DREAM QUEEN, ROMULAN)
    MIXED CANNABIS in a NANO?
    FLAVOR + EFFECT = LIFE

@Baron23 NANO GonG's R a must!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 12:45 PM
  12. Hjalmark

That damn picture melds my mind every time!!! Finally figured out it was a board with a cutout for the bubbler

Just took like a week

Ps nice drawing

ataxian, BigJr48 and UnevenPizza like this.
  13. UnevenPizza

UnevenPizza An Even Pizza

:lol: Thanks!

It was really just an afterhtought, because the actual bubbler-stand was really rough and not nearly as glamorous as I had planned haha.

I'll take a pic from another angle tomorrow, but I'm on a short T-Break for now and everything's packed away.
    Just found r/petioles on the weekend, and I think it's a better way to get a handle on vaping than r/leaves :hmm:

ataxian, BigJr48 and Hjalmark like this.
  14. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

I saw a used Plenty and got into an excited state about getting a great vape for under 200, or maybe more if needed (yes you've guessed it, VAS!).
    Then I saw a thread that reminded me of how good this E-nano can still be,
    and that one thing I was looking for was the best flavor and taste available within reason.
    Even considered forking out for a Cloud Evo to get this.

Just want to know a few things if anyone knows!

Does an E-nano taste around the same, or is it actually much much better, than a Plenty (mostly with capsules + reduced chamber or smaller loads with pad)?

For someone who doesn't usually use water, and would like to save by picking up a GonG later on, is the 'long' style stem recommended (or even enough) to make things a bit smoother,
    or does the extra length take away some potency or user friendliness.
    I like the thought of the standard, neat size stem without extra cost if possible and I use most vapes dry, but a Solo can make me cough a bit and I don't want that times ten or something?
    Does it have that throat scratch too?

Do all 220V invertors hum in use with these or just @UnevenPizza one??!
    I have one here I'm uncertain if it will do but I haven't heard this particular one hum.
    Is it only when the element is actually heating?
    What a pity they don't make one for 220v yet.

Thanks for any help with the questions!

ataxian and Hjalmark like this.
  15. howie105

I use the out of the box stem (minimal drag) but if you get the water piece adapter and a piece of hose you can cut it to any length you want. As to a drop off in flavor or effect I have never seen a big drop off with a longer stem, on the other hand there was little improvement either. However that could just be me.

16. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info and it was also interesting to see you would choose E-nano for having just one vape!
    I have some idea how good this would taste and how it would suit me but I know I would be even more impressed when I try one!
    The purchase of a new Plenty would probably be cheaper and much easier for for me where I live, but something is telling me this E-nano might have an edge on the taste dept.!
    It looks a little more stealthy than a Plenty anyway!

UnevenPizza, Hjalmark and ataxian like this.
  17. howie105

If your problem is with import duties talk to the folks at E-Nano they have dealt with that concern for other folks. Good Luck

18. Andreaerdna

My step down converter is silent and only a little warm after hours of use
    It is a 150watt power (bought on Amazon) and I bought it 3yrs ago, still working solid

As for use, I find every convective vape to scratch my throath. For me enano is dryer and hotter than solo and I use it through water all the time but some user like @CarolKing uses it dry (standard stem) without any issue

19. Hjalmark

@blackstone most step-down convertor make a humming sound but it seams the little bit more expensive +100 Watts one like @Andreaerdna is using is silent

So better get a manufacturer name from her .. him?

If it's her then she maybe comes from the same cold frozen shitty island as me? Yea!

But I don't like hot harsh vape like I feel I get from their straight stem but as soon as I cobble something else together like this [​IMG]
    Then it already gets way smoother

There are people out there making actual Enano stems like Ed TnT

https://edstnt.com/product/eds-epicvape-e-nano-stems-eds-tnt/

Or glass blowers like Joda glassworks that does custom stems for people
    https://m.facebook.com/JoDaGlassworks/

Whissmu, blackstone, ataxian and 3 others like this.
  20. Andreaerdna

Him indeed :)

Will check later if there is a brand but even if there is I doubt it will still exists (seems like an "unbranded" Chinese thing)

blackstone, ataxian and Hjalmark like this.
  21. UnevenPizza

Mine's only 100 Watt max, 70 constant. It was pretty cheap and seems like some rebranded device (lots of others exactly the same but a different name/logo.

I may invest in a 150W one, if they really do stay silent that would be cool. I was thinking about building some kind of sound proof box for mine, but yeah...procrastination master ;)
    I didn't really see any brands I recognized, maybe the ones that where for events or heavy machinery, bot those where really expensive or huge.

I too am waiting for a 220v version, like a puppy waiting for it's owner to return haha! :love:

If it really does become unbearable (and usually I have something else goin' on so it's not noticeable) then you can also just turn it off. I guess that may not allow "on demand" hits, but I've been getting really nice and big hits after letting it heat up from a cold start for only about 3-5 minutes.

You have to turn it up higher than you usually would though, so I usually have it on all the time at 3,5 or something like that, and when I want a hit I crank it up to anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5, depening on the desired effect/time.
    If I do a "cold start" then I turn it up to about 7-8 for a few minutes, then down to 6,5 for water and about 5 for dry stem.

he regular dry stem (I only got one, so not sure if it's the long or short one) is great, I would say you are able to get a "scratchy" hit that burns, but I've only had that if I inhale too long, or it's too hot / close to the heater.
    I prefer short puffs, like I see people smoking cigarettes/Spliffs.

It's really cool, in a way like standing on stage a few seconds before the curtain goes up, when you draw on a dry stem and it's not quite up to temp yet, and you get a really flavourful hit (not a lot of vapor visible).
    Blissfull! Divine! :D

@Hjalmark at least you have a nano to warm your hands with on your cold island? ;D

Here's a pick of the backs of that stand.
    [​IMG]
    You can see why i'd want to cover it up! :p
    I really would like to see the bubbles/vapour, but I couldn't get that logo off.

But I actually did get a book on hand carving, and I hope in a little while I'll have enough tools and material to really carve 3D Pineapple out of a block of wood, and take out a cylindrical space in the middle for ashcatchers in this kind of setup.

I figure it's a good project, and if it turns out good I'll try to sell them xD
    "Perfect for your vaping needs!"

Oh, and I just saw a JoDa Stem on instagram the other day, holy crap! How could I have forgotten about that! I should definitely pursue one.
    I mean look at that! :D

22. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

refer short puffs, like I see people smoking cigarettes/Spliffs.
    ur vaping needs!"
    at! :D[/QUOTE]
    [​IMG]

23. UnevenPizza

@ataxian I think there's something missing from your text?

I'm wondering if I could get a glassblower to make me an ashcatcher but add a thick base plate, or make it beaker-shaped, so I could use with the nano/vapes on top without any additional contraptions.

I've seen a few but I think they still wouldn't be stable enough (with a vape on top).
    Kind of like this:
    [​IMG]

24. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

@UnevenPizza Where you get this picture? I like this, sexy with a j-hook and my Nano on top. Is this inexpensive decent glass or what? Is it reasonable for what it is or is a $300 boutique piece? Tell us the story, young man! Why are you keeping glass secret from your good-time friends? Are you still T-breakin' boss? Are you able to find under-the-radar, crazy-ass bargain glass because your eyes can focus? Unfair advantage! Break the break and break out your Nano, my friend!

Random: One of the (many) things I like about living in England is occasionally being called "Guv'na". It seems to occur more the older I get. As a Kansas farmboy, with Mary Poppins as my main visual reference and reading books about Robin Hood and Sherlock Holmes, Kings and castles. I never would've dreamed that a proper English bloke would call me Guv'na. Life can be funny like that, my sons will remember nothing but England and Europe. They feel like tourists in the states. Really, what I'm trying to say is:
    as long as you have your Nano, there you are: you're home. Oh yeah, and your family... of course... :evil:

BigJr48 and ataxian like this.
  25. UnevenPizza

:rofl:
    The break was broken yesterday with the whole family:
    [​IMG] ;)

I just googled "ashcatcher beaker".

Here's a link to the store, it's only 35$, but I've never heard of them so no guarantees they're reliable ;) But appearantly there are a few beaker style ashcatchers, maybe a well known site has some? I saw a few pics that where from DHGate too, but didn't check which seller it was.

It's always hard to tell if glass is any good online, I guess?

And yes, as the old saying goes: "Home is where your Nano is, guv'na!" ;)

There's you're Quote for the Website @nadia_epic :lol:

Whissmu, blackstone, BigJr48 and 3 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors