1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Gray Area

Gray Area Well-Known Member

You're going to need an 240v > 110v ac converter... you want it rated 50w min really.

Maplins/amazon etc

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Hjalmark, BigJr48, pxl_jockey and 3 others like this.
  2. UnevenPizza

UnevenPizza An Even Pizza

I think in the UK you'll need a stepdown converter for the Power, because it's not the same system as in the US.

3. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Sometimes some pieces of silicon tubing comes in handy depending on what pieces of glass you are using. Now is also a good time to think about what you want to use when cleaning the glass, the shipping containers the glass pieces ship in will work (with ISO) but at some point they will fail. Oops, I almost didn't mention my most used tool, a marked wooden skewer for setting the screen depth and stirring the load. Enjoy your Nano.

BigJr48, Gray Area, CarolKing and 2 others like this.
  4. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Your from the: "EPIC CENTER of CIVILIZATION"!

I find the NANO STAND is great to have.

PLENTY
    of GonG's as well!

[​IMG]

You can leave it as it comes or paint it with your favorite color?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    ACE OF VAPE, ArthurJ, BigJr48 and 7 others like this.
  5. UnevenPizza

I was just enjoying a huge, smooth hit through my bubbler. When emptying the GonG, I noticed the screen and silicone cover slid around very easily.
    In the past this was always a bit hard to do, the silicone especially didn't move without hot water/effort haha.
    Then I remembered, I made stem milk a while back. Since I use coconut butter/fat, it must've left the GonG real slippery. It's easy to move now..but maybe too easy, the basket screen slides down a bit if I inhale too hard. Oh well.
    The nano is a really great thing to have within reach :love:

Oh, vaping whole chunks of buds is great. You can grind it fine or leave it whole - the nano will deliver. You can just inhale..like when you emerge from underwater and take a deep breath - that's how deep you can inhale with the nano.
    Love it.

If We design some kind of exoskeleton, we should incorporate a water filtration / e-nano combination into the arm (left or right, your choice!) so you can vape as you desire. Included Debowler/AVB Autocollector, of course.

The way to achieve this utopian future is illustrated using the following smilies:

:evil:
    :shrug:
    :sherlock:
    :science::leaf:
    :zzz:
    :myday:
    :borg:
    ;pd;
    :peace:
    :party:

6. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Plus I have noticed that you can slide the silicone sleeve much easier if the gong is hot from vaping.

If I can't re-round a basket screen then that is when I usually replace it...when it starts sliding around too much. Life's too short for a shitty screen.

I am indica-ing the shit out of my nano right now. It is holding up better than me. :razz:

7. baxter

baxter Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem but on my dry stem. THe silicone "grip" on it has started to slide around. I was soaking it in ISO and forgot about it for 2 days and when I took the stem out of the alcohol soak I noticed that the silicone grip had turned from white to a beige/light brown color

And now it slides around. I wonder what I can do to make it stay in place the way it used to be?

ataxian likes this.
  8. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

2 days in ISO and a color change in the material.....I’m a musician, not a chemist, but methinks that might be your issue. I’ve had the silicone sleeves for almost 2 years now, only run them under some hot water on the rare occasion that I clean one of my enano stems. Chalk it up to learning and doing better next time around.....

9. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Just like @UnevenPizza says: Just the small step-down converter, I use 45w off ebay but Maplins' a great idea as well w/CS. Otherwise you're set it appears. If you have any other UK concerns, you can PM me; click on my name and click start a conversation. You have made a wise choice, you are going to love the Nano and yourself for having made it. Look forward to seeing you around here and hearing what you think.

EDIT: You posted in the perfect place btw. Lots of long-time Nano lovers that have experience and knowledge to share (not me) and they're nice! I've found it to be an invaluable resource.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    ataxian, BigJr48, SloJimFizz and 2 others like this.
  10. UnevenPizza

Not sure if this would work, but couldn't you take a hair dryer or hot air blower and heat the sleeve up, so that it tightens a bit? Don't people do that with hoses or during construction?

I'm no expert, I just remember something in that direction.

From a quick google search I found that some people have been having trouble with their silicon phone cases becoming too loose, and their fix was to boil it in hot water, or bring water to a boil, then remove the pot from the heat and leave the silicone case in the water for a few minutes. If it's still not tight enough, repeat.

I've never done this but maybe it can help you @baxter ?

My cover doesn't move unless I purposefully move it, it just moves easier now. So for now I can live with it.

What is harder to live with is some Lectures this semester starting at 7 p.m.
    What torture it is to have to wait all day until I can use the glorious nano. Just sitting silently on my desk staring me down with the cold, dark LED. :lol:

Edit: Whoops! The dreaded lecture doesn't start today. I was off by, oh, only 20 days! So now I'm using my time more productively; cleaning my bubbler.
    Used some vinegar to get rid of the hard water stains..not sure if that helped. Rinsed it out with salt + ISO and now I'm letting it soak with water/rinsing it out, repeating, to get the smell out. May have used the wrong vinegar..oh well.

Also I recently had a sort of mild case of laryngitis, so I wanted to give my respiratory system a break. At first I got by eating AVB PB&J Sandwiches (with the crust cut off, naturally).
    Then I took some light puffs off my Air 2, and noticed that my lungs really didn't have a problem with vapor. Luckily I'm not in pain. I just can't talk haha.
    Anyway, yesterday I decided to try the nano out again, and wow, what a dream! Nothing can compare to those huge, flavorful hits.

I really don't think I'll ever get another desktop. Why? The nano has all bases covered. (Of course if @ACE OF VAPE made a 220V intl. version I'd buy that instantly, this time with some fancy exotic wood hehe. :mmmm:)

I'm thinking about getting a new piece of Glass. Maybe a little bit bigger than my bubbler, but also not as big as a huge ass beaker.

I've never broken a glass piece itself, only the downstems until now..so I think I could also survive with something "a bit more fancy", we'll see!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    ataxian, pxl_jockey, Hjalmark and 2 others like this.
  11. UnevenPizza

Regarding the converters:

Are there any DIY methods of countering the souds they make? Obviously nothing very loud, or problematic sounds of stress under use (I would want to hear that), but the ambient "buzz" or "whistle" or whatever you want to call it.

I was thinking about just getting an old shoebox (or similar sized box) and glueing some sound proofing panels inside it (using the foam you may see in recording studios, or the inside of a computer case..nothing fancy.)

My concern is not really if it would work, but if it would be safe to enclose the converter in such a way. Does anyone know if they require a lot of air around them or do there need to be "air holes" or something like that?
    I never had any electronics classes but I'm somewhat hesistant to do this, just because I worry it may get too hot.
    From what I've noticed, if I leave my nano on for a few hours, it gets warm. Nothing I would worry about, just not sure how big the box would have to be for it to still "only" get warm, and not too hot.

ataxian likes this.
  12. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Well, you can get 6 of them from Epic for $9.99 but they are currently out of stock (I have no idea how the heck that can be, but that's what it says on the website).

ataxian likes this.
  13. howie105

Silicon sealer works well as an adhesive on glass and other silicone substances. Just a thin film where you want the piece to stay and pull the collar down over the sealer, wipe off the excess and let cure. Good Luck

baxter and ataxian like this.
  14. UnevenPizza

Just got myself a showerhead/honeycomb ashcatcher. It's 18m though, and now I don't have a fitting downstem for that haha.
    Damn.
    The beaker itself is a nice thick Boost "Pro" (Professional Vaper? How do I apply?) but the downstems all are their own reducer, you can plug 14m GonGs in without any additional pieces.

It fits in my Bubbler though..hower it seems like it's easy to tip over if standing on its own.

I'm trying to fight the GAS :lol:
    What I really want now though is a modular piece.

I feel confident with my nano. Confident in the sense of being able to milk up a big rig with a bunch of filtration hooked up to look like a science project haha.

I'd like to buy it locally but I haven't found any affordable ones. I just want regular Glass...that's all. The Glassblowers here are really artsy...every piece is 400 bucks and upwards. If you can afford it, sure! But I'm a cheapskate and I'm clumsy.

--

After I had lunch I ran back out to get an appropriate downstem.

I used it with the new Ashcatcher on the beaker, very nice experience!

[​IMG]

Thankfully the nano is pretty light, and the Beaker can stand on its own long enough to get the job done, and without it it's really stable too.

I like being able to take huuuuge rips, basically extracting everything in one 20-30 second hit.
    Buuut I thought about using the whip I got with my EQ with it.

It's a bit too wide with its 18m but I just wrapped a sliver of a kleenex around it and it sat in the Ashcatcher/Precooler pretty snug.

[​IMG]

It's perfect for the nano! and Vapes in general!

All you need is a little tiny bit of water, and it's really nice.

I love it. I used my Air 2 this way as well. I'm gonna build a little Box for it so that it can stand on its own, without having to worry about it falling over.

15. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

CERAMIC is a nice material for heat.
    [​IMG]
    1st world Civilized Behavior!
    HUMP DAY = NANO + CANNABIS COLAS + WATER PATH + SMALL MOUTHPIECE = CIVILIZED LIFE

BigJr48, pxl_jockey, Hjalmark and 3 others like this.
  16. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

I didn't realize that I was twisting up my power cord. Every time I flip the nano on top of my bubbler, when I'm done I flip it over again in the same direction, causing it twist round and round. I was putting some strain on the connection to the nano itself. I held it upside-down by the plug and just let it spin for a while until it undid itself. Stupid me. :goat:

I'll have me a nice BIG COLA. (and three orange whips)

BigJr48, ataxian, pxl_jockey and 2 others like this.
  17. UnevenPizza

Had a pretty productive day today. Made a little wooden stand for the little Ashcatcher setup I started using, and decided to put a nice cover on the front because it looks pretty rough behind the scenes :lol:

[​IMG]

I didn't like the Black Leaf Logo, so I put a sticker over it, it's from a Restaurant in Germany :cool:.

It's not exactly the way I would've liked, but it works for now. Everything is stable, once I get a longer whip and maybe some better tools/screws, it wil be perfect.

Enjoy your nanos, cheers!

18. howie105

Someone with talent, I hate you. OK I am jealous and its nice but I still hate you. :)

19. UnevenPizza

Hahaha, Thanks! I wish I had more tools/space/material/experience and knowledge. I really should get into woodworking.
    I would love to make a one piece Precooler-holder for all of you :D

I should invest in Power Tools and a Library Card :rofl:

BigJr48, ataxian, CarolKing and 2 others like this.
  20. UnevenPizza

I've been enjoying my nano through this microscope looking contraption. So nice, just smooth fruity goodness!

[​IMG]

21. cloudblower

cloudblower Well-Known Member

I bought a used maple nano off this site and it cracked. Andy was gracious enough to replace it for me, so I bought a fiddle back walnut while the maple was being replaced (I love the look of the walnut anyway and wanted a second one anyway). My replacement maple nano cracked weeks ago, which really bums me out.

I contacted epic vape through their site and offered to pay whatever they consider a fair price for a replacement since it's not warranted anymore. That was weeks ago and haven't heard back from them yet. Is that typical?

Also, is the maple more prone to cracking than the other species of wood? My anecdotal experience says yes, but that isn't worth much.

Hjalmark and ataxian like this.
  22. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

@cloudblower bummer about the crack in the maple Enano. Epic is a small company. You might want to give @ACE OF VAPE Andy a PM and see what's up? He hasn't commented on this thread in a little while but I think he does check in. They also have a phone number. Off hand I'm not sure what it is but it's on their website. They are Pacific time.

I hear more Cherry Enanos that crack. I had a cherry that cracked within a week after I recieved it. I bought a walnut because I didn't want to be without one. After I recieved my walnut I sent the cherry one in. I recieved another one right away. From the time I shipped the cherry to the time I recieved another was around 12 days.

Good luck with that. The maker has no control of, if the wood cracks. These units are great log vaporizers and are well made. Love a log vape.:love::leaf:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    BigJr48, howie105, Hjalmark and 3 others like this.
  23. howie105

They are as I understand it a real cottage sized shop so they get stretched thin at times. Be patient and keep calling and or emailing and they will get back to you. As to wood, it is to a point a crap shoot, well selected blanks can fail as well as more mundane/lesser blanks.

24. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Epic vape is a solid company but wood can crack

Give them time and be polite and they take good care of you

25. cloudblower

cloudblower Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I messaged Andy and I'm sure he'll get to me when he can. It still works, so I'm less bummed than if it was broken.

I'm a pretty polite person in general and I understand that things happen. It's always better to treat folks with dignity and respect (like you said). I'm not looking for a handout, I just want to get it fixed at my expense.

ataxian, UnevenPizza, BigJr48 and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors