1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. UnevenPizza

UnevenPizza Active Member

Just got it all set up, tested it through water and with the "dry" stem, really nice! I still need to practice a bit and find the optimal load/distance to the heater, I can tell. But had some really big and tasty clouds already.

So beautiful..so tiny!
    I got the Premium Walnut, and it fits right in on my faux-Walnut desk!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took these with my phone, so they're not very HD - but still, nice to be part of the club!
    :rockon:

2. WildChild

WildChild Well-Known Member

Ah, OK. Thank you for that. I think I'll wait for the Canadian dollar to get closer to par with the American dollar. The exchange rate would make this pretty expensive!

Appreciate the information.

3. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Very NICE!

The NANO is so simple and the function is divine.
    I LOVE the NANO!
    WATER is new to me.
    The NANO works with all of them.

I have another I love however it's still in my wife's office waiting to be send in for repair?

When @ACE OF VAPE sends me the NANO back in to my hands watch out!

MEDICATION will make it self manifest.

My CANNABIS COLAS taste amazing!
    In a NANO?

WOW!

KIND OF CIVILIZED
    IN A DECENT WAY!

If you own a NANO you know what I mean?

4. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Well-Known Member

Have you seen or figured out that the e-pick shows you how far to keep the screen and how much you can load?

Someone is going to pull up a picture as I am too fucked to be bothered ... So hot / sweaty / muddy and just came in from the garden

5. UnevenPizza

Yeah, saw it a while back, can't remember where though. Isn't it on the epicvape site as well? I'll find it, I don't think its been that long. But thanks!

6. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Here you go. Just set the epic on the bottom on the screen. The way the stems come the screens are usually placed in the default position which works generally well.
    [​IMG]

Open in App

7. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Right now I'm lying on my couch surfing the FC with my nano sitting on my chest. I've got some Lucky Charms in the dry stem and I'm just puffing away.

Relaxed and Civil :peace:

Other than trying to find a Joda piece, is there somewhere else to buy a plain gong for the nano with a carb?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017 at 9:57 PM
  8. UnevenPizza

[​IMG]

This is the pic I remembered.

Warming up my nano as I type, gonna be a nice, relaxed, civilized sunday! :sherlock:

Click to play YouTube Video

9. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Ahhhhhhh.... she's a beauty! Glad she's doing well for you and you have the right attitude about her. You'll probably get a little better with every load for the first 25 - 30. Once you settle in with your personal technique, play around with it a bit. When you get a better feel for regular performance, it can be surprising how much a dial adjustment of 1/4 in either direction or a nudge of the screen can shift flavor and effect.

Don't think I've linked this video for quite some time. I had had my nano for about a year before this was put up and had been doing things a bit differently. Went to this method and was blown away by how much better things got. Have made slight tweaks to it over the years, but this is still the base of my tech.

Great tunes too, @UnevenPizza ! Had to play that one a couple times. :tup: Lonnie Liston Smith!

10. BabyFacedFinster

Of course that guy had lungs of steel. I would have needed 3 separate hits to get down what he extracted in his first draw. Still, a very good video of what the nano is capable of (and how to do it.) I've watched it several times in the past just because it's so :chill: .

I pulled out my 12 inch perc tonight, which is my biggest piece (unless the FC UFO is bigger) Lately I've been using the dry stem or the little hydrotube. I forget how much I love large amounts of glass and water. Some flavor is lost, but the hits are so easy on my lungs.

@ataxian : I was just flipping the gong over with my fingers and it popped out of my hand and did a tumble-salt in mid-air. Out of dumb luck I happened to catch it, otherwise it would have been another gong casualty.

While it was in mid-air, I thought of you.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM
  11. UnevenPizza

Yeah, that intro is so heavy!

Hehe, yeah, I've watched his playlist several times while my nano was in the mail ;D

Very inspiring.

I've just turned it on this morning, leaving it at about 2-3 and then turning it up to around 6-7 for a few hits, I think it does improve them if it's left to heatsoak a while. I can't find my scale at the moment so I don't really know how much I'm putting it, but I just try to eyeball it.

I've seen a few posts around the web of people thinking their nano was broken or they weren't getting fat clouds on the first use - I think that's just a matter of practicing it. I was dissappointed at first with my Solo too, because I didn't figure out the proper technique for a while. That's just normal.

Got some nice CBD bud with almost no THC, so I don't mind sacrifing a few hits of that to figure out what works best (for science!).

I wonder if the Voltage/Wattage/Temperature changes due to using a 220 to 110 converter. That's also my reason for being weary of leaving it on all day..I got a moderate converter, not the cheapest one (but by no means fancy), it's capable of sustained wattage of 70, max of 100, so I don't worry about maxing it out with the nano. Just not sure if you can leave those on/plugged in all the time, or if it's only intended for short use (i.e. for someone who wants to use a hair dryer or drill etc).

A few times I did actually get a decent, tasty hit. I feel like I won't need another home vape. Unless they come out with a 220v version :love:

Totally what I was looking for, a few big hits and done. I can just vape and not think about it too much or take a long time doing it. Just hit it and quit it haha.

12. Hjalmark

@UnevenPizza I am also on 220v system with a max 100 watt convertor and I left it on for days without problems, but I never hit mine unless leaving it on for +15 min on 7 and then I might lower it down a smits for hits through bubbler

Its the best when it's been heat soaking for hours but also while prepping the bud I leave the gongs in the enano so they can get heat soaked also

Specially heat soak the gong if I am doing low heat hits!

Edit: if I need my nano "fast" I leave it laying on the side with the dial turned to max and then it heats up in around 8-10 min

13. UnevenPizza

Ahh, interesting. Yeah I just tried again, definite improvement.
    My Converter also only makes a very faint sound and doesn't seem to get hot (if anything mildly warm), I just unplug it at night (need to get an extension cord with a switch!).

You go lower for water? I thought it should be higher to go through water?
    And why sideways? :D How did you figure that out?

14. Hjalmark

Haha I just lower it to 6.8 but most of the time leave it on 7 for water
    Yeah the 100 watt convertors all buzz, the bigger bulky ones do not I heard but I think I might just build a small wooden box around mine but maybe stick a thermal probe in it for first weeks of use for obvious safety reasons o

I lay it in the side so the heat travels up into the core instead of straight up in the air ;)

Rarely do it though as I have a grasshopper and stickybrick at hand but Enano is still my favorite

Only thing I don't like is the dry stem because I find it to dry and hot, I had some other DIY rigged stems that worked way better so one day I am either getting a Ed TnT stem or joda custom glass one .. or both :D maybe a 18mm glass one from joda and Enano stem from Ed TnT https://edstnt.com/product/eds-epicvape-e-nano-stems-eds-tnt/

15. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

I bought a length of .67mm O.D. with a .31mm I.D. silicone tubing and found it fits into 85% to 90% of my glass (both 14.4 & 18.8 sizes) so I can join most of my adapters and stems together or just cut a whip to length. Funny part, after running through a number of stem lengths and sizes I am pretty much back to the OTB stock stem length. On the downside the smaller bore size of the tubing causes more drag so I had to adjust to that.

16. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I like that video...really kinda how I have been doing it. But I liked Mr. Ruination's presentation...a vap vid that didn't sound like it was recorded by Bevis and Butthead. Very nice, thanks.

17. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Yeah.... should have mentioned that much is more of a 3 hit for me, too. I generally put a bit less in there. He has lungs of steel, indeed! I also stir after either for one last hit (to take 3rd or 4th hit after stir depending on load). I do still load her up a bit more depending on how I'm nanoing that night. If using UFO with hose and sitting back, or on j-hook and not feeling like messing with it much, I double that load amount and put it on top of a carbed GonG. Just stir a bit after every couple hits and it will go many more. Though flavor will still drop off after first couple, I can sometimes pull vapor for up to 10 hits depending on load, strain, how much I'm taking on each hit, etc.

But the 2-3 hit extraction shown in vid is still a favorite and comprises probably at least 75-80% of nano use. Maybe 10% use with carbed GonG and larger loads, 5% with trates, and the other 5 - 10% somewhere in between those. nano is so versatile!

I'm sure the converter will have some impact. I notice differences from circuit to circuit in my home, as well as slight differences if off surge protector (usually on one), with extension cord, at friend's homes. Plus, my setting of 6.5 is likely to be different from yours even on same outlet due to slight differences from nano to nano, end even more from dial to dial.

FWIW, you can move the dial if you don't like where it lands on the numbers on yours. Just pull the dial itself with numbers off, and put it back on where you want it. There are teeth and notches on it and the actual control part underneath it, so just make sure you line things up when you put it back on. I've done this with a couple of mine with no issue, but wouldn't do it too much. Seems like if you did you could loosen it up to the point of falling off regularly.

Generally I, and seems others, go a little warmer nano temp through water, cooler when dry. Water tames the harshness and dryness of any vapor, but will usually steal a little flavor (and effect?). I always try new strains/batches at a lower temp through j-hook to get a feel for them. I'll often kick heat down a little for more heady and less body affect when I have shit to do. Nothing wrong with warmer dry or cooler through water, either. Whatever works and you like best, is best!

If going with higher temps, try a little ice in your bubbler (or just ice water). Or, even with warm water in you bubbler. My tap water will go to around 130F (55C), and can be very soothing if sore throat or sinuses giving me issues with allergies or a cold. Cooler water or ice seems to steal a little more flavor for me, but can be nice if it's hot out and will also allow you to take a little more of a hit because the cooler vapor/hit will compress a bit more, allowing you to take more vapor into the same size lung space.

18. UnevenPizza

Thanks, very helpful post!
    Puts the dial in perspective some more. I singed a few of the first bowls a little, but now I'm getting the hang of it, working my way up both in temperature and screen position hehe.

Been leaving it on at about 4, the wood seems just comfortably warm there. 5 or 6 makes it feels a little too hot.

The next round of bowls I'll test how long it takes to get from 4 to 5 or something like that.
    Got some finals coming up though, so probably research time will be limited :science:.

Also will have to try shorter hits. I've been using a medium sized beaker just cause I haven't in so long..it really gets em milky about 2 really fast! But maybe with the bubbler I'll try a few quick shorter draws. Also just started with the Heating element sitting on the gong, instead holding it / hovering above the material. More combustion proofing.

Also will try to make some wax/butter. Not sure where to get mineral oil here though, but I might just order it from amazon. Or maybe some other easily sourcable wood care product.

So far really enjoying my nano. I really notice the hits getting better, getting the hang of it a little more each time.

19. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

LUCKY GUY!

I broke so many GonG's?

When I get NANCY back? @AJS
    I will bring out a different WATER RIG.

For now I use the same bubbler everyday.

NANCY are you ready to be CIVILIZED?

NANCY = NANO

20. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Did someone say Nancy?
    :(:luv::love:

21. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I can't wait to RUIN NANCY = CIVILIZED = NANO

22. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Ruin? Sounds so harsh :(

23. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Not really!

NANO STYLE = CIVILIZED

24. BabyFacedFinster

I say you :horse: when you get Nancy back. You give her the spurs @ataxian

Sorry, not civilized

Anyway, I wanted to say that I tried the nano on a 14mm J-hook for the first time and really liked it. I hung the hook on a gong upside down, then sat back with a nice little session. I love being able to watch the vapor stream through the glass when you draw. And it cools it just enough, though I did cough a little bit compared to water.

any leads on a carbed gong for a reasonable price?

25. UnevenPizza

I never heard of a J-Hook until coming to this thread a few weeks ago. I like the Idea, and thought of an alternative version, just the regular glass stem for the nano, but with one or two spirals or wiggles - maybe that already exists?
    Sorta like this, just out of glass haha:
    [​IMG]

@BabyFacedFinster I've seen some pics of people using a claisen adapter as a carbed gong, might not look as sleek but the function is the same:

[​IMG]

Sorry if you already mentioned not wanting to go that route!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors