1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

1. dgmulf

dgmulf Well-Known Member

I've decided I can't roll with the dry stem. No matter how I try to modify my technique, I always end up getting a sore throat after using it. Either too dry, too hot, or both. I'd honestly rather smoke. So I'm definitely going to be picking up a water piece.

I pulled the cotton off the ends of some (supposedly) 100% organic swabs, and tried using it as a filter in my Nano stem, but the taste was awful. Maybe they used some sort of adhesive to stick it to the end of the swab?

2. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes unfiltered

It depends on the brand but most of them do use adhesive. Q-tip brand definitely uses adhesive, even though they aren't made with organic cotton I thought I would mention it.

I would NOT recommend using cotton swabs to vape with unless you are 100% sure they are adhesive free. Besides ruining the flavor, it could be harmful to your health.

I was able to get organic cotton balls at the local natural foods store in the cosmetic section. I think the bag cost me $5 and I have barely made a dent in it with over a year of use. I've heard some e-cig/vape shops sell organic cotton, I think it's used as a wick for e-juice.

Amazon Link

flotntoke, Vaponly, Hjalmark and 6 others like this.
  3. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

Hello Nano Nation. Hope everyone's doing well. I'm looking to get a ;pd; as my 1st "big" vape purchase, & have my heart set on a Nano. Two of the things that really intrigue me about the Nano is the ability to do low temp vaping & convective dabbing.

Awhile back I researching different ways to consume concentrates & came upon this http://sipipes.com/product/oil-dab-bowls-male/. I may be wrong, but I believe they're also referred to as "hot hit slides". :shrug:

Anyways, while searching different ways to use concentrates w/ the Nano, I remembered the SI Pipes Oil/Dab Bowl. Would something similar be possible w/ the Nano ? Like a glass or quartz bowl/dish that was a little smaller in diameter than a gong (so the vapor has somewhere to escape downward), that could then rest on an inverted screen for support.

[​IMG]

Not sure if you'd need the hole/holes at the top or not like an Oil/Dab Bowl w/ a slightly smaller diameter dish. :shrug:I'm unsure if this is feasible or would even work. I'm just "thinking out loud" here. All the best everyone.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  4. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Thanks for all the concentrate info @Vapor_Eyes .

So you would use like a pea-sized piece of cotton for a tiny, rice grain sized dab of honey oil?

flotntoke, ACE OF VAPE and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  5. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes unfiltered

Another use for organic cotton/degummed hemp fiber: cleaning dirty stems. This only works with the adjustable screen stems and gongs.

Get your stem nice and warm by running a couple of loads through it, or just leave an empty stem on the heater for a while, 5-15 minutes. Remove the screen with a bamboo skewer. Use a wad of cotton or hemp and push it back and forth with the bamboo skewer. You will accumulate most of the reclaim. Then simply push the gooey ball up towards the heater, leaving a little space.

Don't draw too hard or the fiber will be pulled back since there is no screen to stop it. The flavor is surprisingly good, it reminds me of old school pressed hash when I do it with a stem/gong that I've been using for flowers. If I've only been using oil it tastes like a blend of the concentrates I've been using.

flotntoke, Vaponly, Hjalmark and 8 others like this.
  6. j3oomerang

j3oomerang Well-Known Member

If I understand you correctly, the Nano wont get hot enough for that. It needs something like herb, cotton, to disperse in so it can be evaporated. Someone suggested using a S&B oil pad so I shoved one of those in an adjustable gong and it seems to work pretty well. I use it on 10.

7. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes unfiltered

That sounds about right. I make the fiber into a thin, flat disk first:

[​IMG]

Then I put a small amount of concentrate in the center, approximately one to two grains of rice, I would say this is roughly two grains:

[​IMG]

I wrap it up, and then if any concentrate is showing I add a little bit of fiber:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I may have used a little more cotton than necessary this time, and I wanted to leave a little concentrate visible at first for illustration purposes. Basically you just need enough cotton to fully cover the concentrate. If you use too much it cam block airflow, but you can always tear some off in that case.

Once it's ready it goes into my stem and gets vaped. I like temps 7-7.5 depending on whether I'm going for better flavor or bigger hits. Sometimes I start at 7 for the first couple of hits, and then bump it up to 7.5 to finish it quickly.

8. CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr Well-Known Member

I found that slightly more concentrate made for a better vape. I might use 2-3 times as that much wax. Once it melts and spreads you get better hits

just_the_flu and flotntoke like this.
  9. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

My favorite way to use concentrates is sandwiching the wax, crumble or shatter in the middle and have cannabis on top wax in the middle and cannabis on the bottom. The cannabis absorbs the wax often the cannabis will be spent first and I will add more cannabis if need be. This wouldn't work very well with straight oil unless you made moon rocks or caviar with the oil and bud. You can dip a bud in oil and use kief dusted on the outside - that's how it's made.

I might only raise my temp by 2/10s of a degree personally. That would be like 6.75. I think our temps vary with the nano so that's a general temp. It depends on the cannabis and wax you are using. If concerned about any dripping wax into the unit don't worry about it but you can always enjoy your nano up side down using a bubbler or J hook.

Having a couple of GonGs allows you to use the Enano many different ways.

10. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

@j3oomerang Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it. Been looking through @Snappo's wood thread. These logs are some of the most aesthetically pleasing vaporizers I've seen. Lust! :evil:

11. j3oomerang

j3oomerang Well-Known Member

so I decided to go with an adapter instead of a hydrotube and I like it this way more. I prefer to have just an adapter vs a whole other piece. I only use this adapter for concentrates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

flotntoke, Morty, Vaponly and 10 others like this.
  12. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Been quiet :hmm:... Everyone must be vaping up a nano storm.:sherlock:

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;;pd;:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

:goat: <------- Please oh Please, don't cast hate upon this goat :shrug:

Enchantre, flotntoke, Vaponly and 5 others like this.
  13. CarolKing

Closing the evening with some Northern Lights and my nano - sipping with my j hook. A j hook is a must with any vaporizing enthusiast.

14. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I agree completely, Carol. A very useful and flexible tool that many of us seem to overlook.

I have used J hooks with my EVO, certainly with my Enano & GonG, and the 14 mm hook I have works great with the Grasshopper. No real set up time or muss or fuss, just nice cool vapor.

Cheers

15. lhodgy

lhodgy Vaporhead

So I finally got around to ordering my Cherry E-Nano a couple of nights ago, I had been dithering as I was unsure of what accesories to get however I decided in the end to keep it simple and I ordered the cherry nano with a fixed glass stem, I also got an extra adjustable stem so I could compare the two and see which I preferred and some extra basket screens too, I'll sort more accesories once I've played with the vape properly and really know what I need.

I do have just one question though, as I am UK based will the step down converter I have linked below be okay? It is a 230v-110v rather than the reccomended 220v-110v and it supports upto 100w which is in excess of the minimum 50w reccomendation. I'm 99% sure it will work but having never used one and not being able to source the suggested 220v-110v 50w+ I'm hoping this fits the bill :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-to-USA...0W-/391570452090?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  16. Gray Area

Gray Area Well-Known Member

@lhodgy that'll do nicely mate :tup: pretty much identical to the one I'm using.

flotntoke, lhodgy and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  17. from 6 to 9

from 6 to 9 New Member

Hi everyone! I've had my E-nano for about three weeks and it is wonderful, just as expected. I've found lots of great info reading this thread.
    But I'm not sure how many people turn up their heat settings to further vape the herb either during a session or later in the day, and how many just leave it at around 6 - 6.5 and change their draw to increase the extraction a bit. I stir and draw more slowly to finish a stem and vape it later with my Volcano or Air.

18. lhodgy

lhodgy Vaporhead

Thanks @Gray Area , just the response I was after, cheers :tup:

19. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Hello 6 to 9. Because of supply interruptions I have been forced to revape ABV on occasion but I don't like it a lot. It does work however and adding a little fresh bud to the revape mix helps the taste just enough,,,,sometimes. The actual vaporizer power settings are something I try to keep constant on the Nano (rubber banding the heater control knob down) with fine temperature control coming from varying the draw rate. I usually use a short slightly restricted air path so I can keep track the load temp better and adjust the air flow as needed. I just noticed this is your first post, welcome to the camp and enjoy.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    flotntoke, Vaponly, Squiby and 4 others like this.
  20. CarolKing

In my experience if you leave your ABV in the glass stem it does get everything dirty quicker. I personally take my lighter colored herb out of the stem for later use. It would depend if I was going back to my session in 10 or 15 min. In that case I would leave my ABV in my nano do to convienience. A clean stem gives you better vapor flavor.

I just cleaned out the inside of my nano. I turned it off and used some ISO on a q-tip. I do this every few months or so. Making sure I don't get ISO on the wood. Then after I turned the nano back on to high temp and used some beeswax on the wood. I let the wax soak into the warm wood. Other than clean the stems there really isn't much maintenance with this unit. No small parts to loose either.

Pretty simple and easy to use. Not much of a learning curve.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    OMEiAM, flotntoke, Vaponly and 6 others like this.
  21. CarolKing

[​IMG]
    Where's everyone? Having some deep joint pain today. Having a hard time doing
    What I need to do. Using some heat along with some Gorilla Glue in the nano.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  22. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Bubba Kush through the j-hook.
    Heading out for a walk in the cold with my hoppers, maybe even a movie.

23. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

FYI- Just put a few Nano items up in the Classifieds. Looking for a new loving home for these items!
    [​IMG]

24. dgmulf

dgmulf Well-Known Member

If you're using the Nano with a glass bubbler, is it easy to pick it up off the desk / table and hit it, or is it more practical to have a set-up where you can lean in and hit it right off the table? Thinking about picking up an FC-UFO as my first waterpiece, for the maneuverability of the whip attachment...

Hey Carol, hope that Gorilla Glue fixed you right up! :)

flotntoke, Vapor_Eyes and CarolKing like this.
  25. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Somebody has to send @ataxian some gongs so he starts using his nano again. He knows how to run the nano through some water.

Enchantre, ACE OF VAPE and Vapor_Eyes like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors