1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

Healthy evidence of it! *_*

There are less days to ask for mine ... but I read and I die of impatience! u_U

2. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

One that has a wide base connected and an upside down nano in it!! AKA - a bubbler! IME hydrotubes are a pain in the butt with the nano, though YMMV. If you like it, go for it. But, my nanos like to be inverted and I don't like to think about water shooting or dripping down into them.

That must SUCK! Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully Epic will get you straightened out soon. Has been a long while since any DOAs were reported here.

3. bussinrounds

bussinrounds Well-Known Member

So it seems at this time my guy for flowers has become unreliable and I found someone else who only has oil. (that's supposedly good)

I have no experience with concentrates like oil or wax, aside from taking a few pulls from my friends pen thingy a few years back.

Anyway, I've seen comments about putting it on cotton for use with the e-nano and such.

I'm not opposed to buying a pen or something else if it's more efficient/works better with the oil.

I haven't obtained any yet, so I don't know exactly 'how it comes', so to speak. Do only certain 'containers' of oil work with pens or whatever that were designed for it fit properly ?

Any suggestions ?

4. Lookatmeglow

Lookatmeglow I seem to have a bad case of VAS

For use with concentrates, if it is runny (more liquidy) a pen might be a better option. I haven't had the best experience with runny oils in any of my herbal vaporizers. Well, ones that have solid cans like the haze v3 or pax 3 might handle it better. My haze was able to utilize it better than any sandwich method I tried.

If it is more stable concentrate, balling it up in organic cotton or some degummed hemp fiber should work. I have an order of both on the way to start using it in my enano actually. I can't compare how the enano handles it to a concentrate specific device, but I can say that each of my two concentrate atomizers handle oil better than my herbal vaporizers. They hit quicker, harder, and have a bether flavor for most of the time. At the end they all taste a little "used" to me.

5. bussinrounds

Thanks for the input Glow. If anyone has any recommendations/advice on any concentrate specific devices, please throw it out there. As I said, I'm completely in the dark when it comes to this.

Lookatmeglow likes this.
  6. flotntoke

Degummed hemp fiber works great with all but the runniest of concentrates (like what is produced for vape pens) in a nano. Just be careful and pay attention for possible drippage.

For other devices, there are a bunch of threads dedicated to different methods and devices. You may want to pose your questions in the ASK FC forum (or search for the probably hundreds of others that have asked the same), and the Concentrates forum. Either way, probably not the best idea to high-jack this thread with the endless discussions to answer your question. You should get to studying up soon!

FWIW, when going with concentrates, I usually just dab. IME hemp fiber is best for a little here and there, but if you're rolling with the gooey stuff you might as well go all in! Again, VOLUMES of information, options, techniques, etc on the appropriate parts of FC.

Vaponly, nihil, Vapor_Eyes and 4 others like this.
  7. unsorted

unsorted Well-Known Member

WOW! Please tell me where you got those one-piece carbed gongs for the E-nano. I've been wishing for one ever since I got mine.

Vaponly, Vapor_Eyes and Lookatmeglow like this.
  8. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

@bussinrounds

Yeah, I would suggest doing this with a Gong...that way if it leaks it does it down into your WP and not into your Enano heater. If you don't have one, they are cheap enough I think. Just a thought.

9. flotntoke

Love concentrates through water, too! But, when I have some truly gooey messy stuff I want to nano with, I often use a J-hook. Then you can twist and turn as needed if things start to get messy. Essentially, use gravity to keep the drips running back into the hemp fiber as they occur.

That's a Joda glass piece. Don't know if he is still doing smaller, simpler pieces like this but may be worth asking. Check out his thread here.

Vaponly, nihil, unsorted and 3 others like this.
  10. bussinrounds

Ok, so going through my stuff, I remembered I actually have a glass nail, dome and connector (to make it a 'rig', I guess) that came with those water pipes I got from China, so I'm assuming all I need is the torch and dabber to effectively dab then ? That is if it's not a liquidity type oil only intended for pens ?

I asked her if it was more liquidity or gooey and she said...it's in a vial, I never touched it and she'll send me a pic when she gets home.

flotntoke and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  11. Baron23

Oh, great idea. I have a couple of hooks and never thought to use them this way (cause I'm a dullard? LOL). Thanks

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  12. flotntoke

Sounds good. Check out the concentrates thread I linked above for all kinds of tips and cool tricks.

A fun way to go. Just remember that goo is gonna hit your throat harder when not gong through water. I don't nano this stuff as hard as I do when dabbing, but it still packs quite a wallop! In other words.... be prepared to cough, just in case.

Vaponly, Vapor_Eyes, nihil and 3 others like this.
  13. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Another source is... oregonglassblower.com ... Not fancy but well constructed and reasonably priced.

14. nihil

nihil Member, Known Well

As others have said, Joda GonG. @flotntoke posted a link to his thread, but as he said, he may not be making them anymore.

I also have @Oregonglassblower's carbed adapter and it work just as well, just one more piece to attach though.

Both are game changers for the nano. If you can't get a Joda, get an OGB. Better yet, get both and support this small community.

15. unsorted

unsorted Well-Known Member

Thanks nihil, flotntoke, and howie. I have contacted Joda, and he does still make the gongs. I'll be ordering soon.

16. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

I generally run mine at the 6.5 setting all the time. If I were to smear a little CO2 hash oil on some herb, you think maybe turn it up to 8?

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  17. howie105

It produces visible vapour longer (using BHO) but tastes real nasty towards the end. However cranking up the temp got it all (good and bad) over quicker.

flotntoke, Gray Area and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  18. Pete

Pete Active Member

Good substitute for plastic sleeve for cleaning stem?

I love using the sleeve to clean the stem. I just add about a TBS of rubbing alcohol, put the cap on, shake it a few times and then leave it standing upright for a few minutes to really clean the screen. Then rinse.

But the plastic sleeve seems to crack pretty quickly at the cap end and alcohol leaks out when shaking it.

So what's a good substitute for the sleeve that will hold up better for cleaning?

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  19. howie105

I use small stainless steel bottles (water/fuel) to both clean and store the ISO in and finish off cleaning the glass with a tap water rinse. Only problem is that the bottles are a bit too deep and it takes a pair or tweezers to easily get the stem out of the bottle.

20. hafalump

hafalump Well-Known Member

graduated cylinder and a stopper under $10

21. hd_rider

hd_rider Well-Known Member

I used to use the shipping tubes to clean my stems as well. That is, until they started cracking.

What I found works great are the brown plastic bottles that steak sauce come in, like A1 and others.

[​IMG]

They are not too big so you don't have to keep so much ISO in them. They are much more durable than the stem shipping tubes and are virtually indestructible. They do not crack or break. There's also less waste of alcohol; just keep it in the bottle. The cap seals tightly and you don't have to worry about leakage.

I have two nano stems in rotation. I keep one in use while the other soaks in the bottle. I just swap the stems out once or twice a week, depending on how dirty they get from use.

The idea came to me while the wife and I were at dinner one evening at a local steak house. I asked the waitress if there were any empty steak sauce bottles laying around. She said, "Sure, how many do you want?"

flotntoke, Reflections, Pete and 2 others like this.
  22. Baron23

I have used my J hooks with my EVO (I actually like it a bit better than the VapeXhale dry stem) and my Grasshopper (water is nice, but just a longer air path makes the GH much more civilized). But not with concentrates or the Nano but I will give it a try.

I'm an old cigarette smoker (off 9 years now after first MI) and smoked pot for....ooooh, maybe 48 years before switching to vaping only. I don't like to cough my brains out
    You will find many, many uses for this set of graduated beakers for cleaning and making:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ECAQPWA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

23. robm321

robm321 Active Member

Funny, my tube cracked too. I just taped it up good. Filled it up, left it in the sink. While some ISO slowly leaks out, most of it stays in. But a glass bottle sounds like a much better idea, so I'm going to do that rather than finagling it like I've been doing it. Glad I read this.

24. Pete

Pete Active Member

robm321 and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  25. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes unfiltered

@BabyFacedFinster: I wouldn't go over 7.5 with flowers in my nano, even with added oil. I would say 8 is the max limit, but don't use a slow draw speed at that high of a temperature. When I mix oil and flowers I keep it at my normal level for flowers, or maybe .25-.5 higher. For me that means anywhere from 6.5, my normal, to 7.

@bussinrounds: I actually prefer using concentrates with my E-Nano, above all other vaporizers (even Evo with quartz nail), and even dabbing itself. The simple reason is flavor.

Granted, I'm not an expert in dabbing but I've never managed to get the same flavor as consistently with any other device than my nano.

I've used organic cotton and degummed hemp fiber and prefer cotton because it is less messy and basically foolproof in my experience. Hemp has a slight edge when it comes to flavor, you can't really taste the cotton, but it seems to absorb a tiny bit more terps than hemp. It still tastes better than other options I've tried. I've used nearly all consistencies successfully with cotton; crumble, rosin, shatter, sugary live resin, honey-like distillate, pretty much anything I can get my hands on I've tried and it works great in the nano. Really runny stuff is the only thing I haven't tried, but I would think it would still work well with cotton.

I've tried cartridges but they're a bit weak and not as flavorful as a good oil.

To be fair I haven't tried any of the more recent concentrate pens. They might be a viable option, and are definitely useful on the go. If you don't need the portability though it might not be worth spending money on. The nano is more than enough to get you by. Every time I try a new device to try and improve on my concentrate usage over the nano I am disappointed. If your main concern is flavor than you're probably going to have to get a nice e-nail controller with a Sapphire insert, or at least SiC, to beat the nano in that department.

I usually use 7-7.5 on the dial for oil in organic cotton. Lower temps give better, longer lasting flavor. Higher temps give bigger, more dab-like hits. That's the area that other options like dabbing, pens, the Evo nails, etc. excel over the Nano in my opinion.

If you don't care about flavor and want the biggest hit possible you will want something else to use with concentrates. In my opinion, if a top shelf flower hit is a 5 on a scale of 1-10 in regards to strength, and a big dab is a 10, a convection oil hit is around a 7-8 depending on the temps used. That's plenty enough for me most of the time.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors